Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Proud 22:17 - Sep 25 with 9091 viewsdale1968

Could not go tonight but what a fantastic effort by each and everyone of them and Luke Matheson Wow What a Lad....

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

So Proud on 08:53 - Sep 26 with 2630 viewsdingdangblue

So Proud on 08:28 - Sep 26 by judd

I loved it when young Luke had to trot back to the corner flag to retrieve his alice band, gently rubbing in his remarkable moment to those in red dreading kicking off against us again.

And what happened for the Callum Camps chance?

If only that had gone in earlier...

Camps will have nightmares about that miss. A chance to put Dale 1-0 up at Old Trafford. He couldn't miss kick that chance 9 times out of 10 and it couldn't have been set up better for him by Ollie. Never mind - it all led to that Matheson moment instead and that feeling of equalizing and taking Manchester United to penalties.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

So Proud on 09:06 - Sep 26 with 2554 viewsNigeriamark

So Proud on 00:55 - Sep 26 by Shun

Agree with you and DA that OT is a better venue than Wembley.

Also agree that United were poor. Apart from Greenwood, and James when he came on, they should be embarrassed. Lingard especially - I genuinely didn’t realise he was playing until he was subbed off, how he gets games in the Premier League I’ll never know. The absence of any form of celebration by the United players after winning the shootout was notable, they simply shook hands with our players and then sheepishly went down the tunnel.

Lingard even gets into the England team FFS. At the game we were talking about Mattheson , a Dale Academy player v Pogba who cost £89m. Who played with passion last night & who should be dominating a game like that

At the airport now after 36 hours in the UK & still buzzing, although a tiny bit of me things “what might have been with a 50/50 chance with pens”. However much better than 33 years ago and when our goal went in it was unbelievable, a top highlight in over 50 years of watching the Dale

Will be back for the game on Saturday and just hope we can get some of that energy back because the players will be knackered after last night

Edit: Hope we can build Keohane up for Saturday. Was superb last night but will have been gutted to miss the Pen. Worth chanting his name first on Saturday ??
[Post edited 26 Sep 2019 9:33]
So Proud on 09:44 - Sep 26 with 2446 viewssince58

So Proud on 09:06 - Sep 26 by Nigeriamark

Lingard even gets into the England team FFS. At the game we were talking about Mattheson , a Dale Academy player v Pogba who cost £89m. Who played with passion last night & who should be dominating a game like that

At the airport now after 36 hours in the UK & still buzzing, although a tiny bit of me things “what might have been with a 50/50 chance with pens”. However much better than 33 years ago and when our goal went in it was unbelievable, a top highlight in over 50 years of watching the Dale

Will be back for the game on Saturday and just hope we can get some of that energy back because the players will be knackered after last night

Edit: Hope we can build Keohane up for Saturday. Was superb last night but will have been gutted to miss the Pen. Worth chanting his name first on Saturday ??
[Post edited 26 Sep 2019 9:33]

Watched the game in a bar on the Algarve surrounded by reds,it was hilarious watching them screaming
at their own players.
Fantastic performance by the lads.
Up the Dale.
So Proud on 10:55 - Sep 26 with 2314 viewschalky_ncfc

So Proud on 01:52 - Sep 26 by James1980

So darn proud. You will be unsurprised to read I was bullied at school and didn't really support a team. Other kids use to rib each other for supporting Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal and so on and say they were glory hunters. So I thought that is one thing I am not being picked on for. So after school it was straight on to ceefax, football pages, division four. The bottom team will be my team, because supporting them from that point onwards, you couldn't be called a glory hunter. But tonight's the night we just had make me so pleased that by random chance Dale was the team I choose
[Post edited 26 Sep 2019 2:15]

Did you go to the game James,I can understand if you didn't living so far away but it would have been a highlight in Dales history,you won't see crowds like that until Notts next come to Spotland

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

So Proud on 10:57 - Sep 26 with 2311 viewsdawlishdale

So Proud on 00:22 - Sep 26 by Daley_Lama

That moment when Luke scored is etched into my brain for as long as i shall live.

Aside from that, my favourite thing of the night was thousands of Dale fans giving Pogba the circus clown treatment. I don’t think any other team does this, i love it.

I loved the circus clown chant. Dale have been doing that for years ...As you say; are there any other clubs who do it?

Perhaps it's "our chant".
So Proud on 11:12 - Sep 26 with 2269 viewsSandyman

So Proud on 10:57 - Sep 26 by dawlishdale

I loved the circus clown chant. Dale have been doing that for years ...As you say; are there any other clubs who do it?

Perhaps it's "our chant".

Once again, just for Pogba....

So Proud on 11:14 - Sep 26 with 2260 viewsJames1980

So Proud on 10:55 - Sep 26 by chalky_ncfc

Did you go to the game James,I can understand if you didn't living so far away but it would have been a highlight in Dales history,you won't see crowds like that until Notts next come to Spotland

Firstly, apologies for the poor punctuation and grammar in that post, I was well oiled at the time.
Yep definitely was there Chalky, took a day's leave because I'd already swapped rest days to get Saturday off.
Just out of interest what was the crowd last time Notts played Dale?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

So Proud on 11:31 - Sep 26 with 2223 viewschalky_ncfc

So Proud on 11:14 - Sep 26 by James1980

Firstly, apologies for the poor punctuation and grammar in that post, I was well oiled at the time.
Yep definitely was there Chalky, took a day's leave because I'd already swapped rest days to get Saturday off.

Good on yer for making the journey,it was a game not to be missed for Dale fans and one that will be remembered for decades to come,I haven't got the facts and figures about attendances between the two clubs but I would imagine the official figure would be around 7000ish if it was at Meadow Lane

Login to get fewer ads

So Proud on 11:55 - Sep 26 with 2155 viewsD_Alien

So Proud on 11:14 - Sep 26 by James1980

To be fair, Notts Co do hold the record as the visiting team for our never to be beaten highest home crowd

Probably the proudest moment in their history

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

So Proud on 12:13 - Sep 26 with 2119 viewschalky_ncfc

So Proud on 11:55 - Sep 26 by D_Alien

To be fair, Notts Co do hold the record as the visiting team for our never to be beaten highest home crowd

Probably the proudest moment in their history

Ahhh yeah,I remember the thread about that and the visit of Tommy Lawton

So Proud on 13:00 - Sep 26 with 2044 viewsParkinsGimp

So Proud on 08:38 - Sep 26 by Reebok

Commiserations Dale from a Newport County supporter on a superb performance.

Cheers Reebok,
You guys doing okay and glad you got back in the league eventually. Keep going, you have had a fair few decent cup runs recently .
So Proud on 13:56 - Sep 26 with 1962 viewsEllDale

Has anyone else wondered if Keohane would have been tasked with a penalty if Henderson had been on the pitch? Or perhaps one so high up the running order?
So Proud on 14:02 - Sep 26 with 1938 viewsdingdangblue

So Proud on 13:56 - Sep 26 by EllDale

Has anyone else wondered if Keohane would have been tasked with a penalty if Henderson had been on the pitch? Or perhaps one so high up the running order?

Yes I said it to my mate leaving the stadium. Although penalties are a lottery and there is no guarantee Hendo would have scored either. At the end of the day someone has to miss/keeper guess the right way. Unfortunately it was Keohane's penalty. For what it's worth I think the 5 takers would have been:
Hendo
Calvin
Morley
Wilbraham
Camps

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

So Proud on 14:04 - Sep 26 with 1918 viewsD_Alien

Just my opinion, but we really shouldn't be making anything of Keohane taking a penalty

Someone described it as "sub-standard". It was saved because the keeper chose to go the right way, nothing sub-standard about it at all, or about Keohane's performance or about Keohane in general having the bottle to step up

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

So Proud on 14:07 - Sep 26 with 1904 views1907

So Proud on 14:04 - Sep 26 by D_Alien

Just my opinion, but we really shouldn't be making anything of Keohane taking a penalty

Someone described it as "sub-standard". It was saved because the keeper chose to go the right way, nothing sub-standard about it at all, or about Keohane's performance or about Keohane in general having the bottle to step up

Agreed.

Took some bottle to step up & take one.

Thought Keohane had an outstanding game alongside Jim & looks best placed to fill in for EOC when injured. Much more nimble than MJ who is far better in front as opposed to a CB.
So Proud on 14:08 - Sep 26 with 1895 viewsSaxonDale

As a side note I do think Keohane must go down as one of the best 'squad players' in our history. I think we could stick him in goal and he'd still give a decent performance!
So Proud on 14:29 - Sep 26 with 1847 viewsdingdangblue

Both Morley and Wilbraham's penalties were similar to Keohane's - only the keeper went the other way.

So Proud on 14:40 - Sep 26 with 1822 viewsThacks_Rabbits

So Proud on 14:08 - Sep 26 by SaxonDale

As a side note I do think Keohane must go down as one of the best 'squad players' in our history. I think we could stick him in goal and he'd still give a decent performance!

I would have every one of our squad over any of uniteds mercenary, self publicising, arrogant, self serving, greedy, over paid turds. Pogba in particular is everything that is wrong about football and the premier league.

Sure our players don’t have anything like the ability of uniteds, but our players would sweat blood for the cause, uniteds would be on Twitter, getting a new tattoo, lording it around in their 11th car and assuming turning up will just give them the win.

There is a good thread on the red cafe site (Rochdale post match) and the fans over there make some interesting comments, effectively slagging off the team, manager, Pogba etc. Albeit with a fair bit of arrogance that they should be hammering us. It’s generally quite funny though and understanding how poor their side is.

I would post a link but I am to technology what Pogba is to effort!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

So Proud on 14:52 - Sep 26 with 1783 viewsJames1980

So Proud on 14:40 - Sep 26 by Thacks_Rabbits

I would have every one of our squad over any of uniteds mercenary, self publicising, arrogant, self serving, greedy, over paid turds. Pogba in particular is everything that is wrong about football and the premier league.

Sure our players don’t have anything like the ability of uniteds, but our players would sweat blood for the cause, uniteds would be on Twitter, getting a new tattoo, lording it around in their 11th car and assuming turning up will just give them the win.

There is a good thread on the red cafe site (Rochdale post match) and the fans over there make some interesting comments, effectively slagging off the team, manager, Pogba etc. Albeit with a fair bit of arrogance that they should be hammering us. It’s generally quite funny though and understanding how poor their side is.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/post-match-vs-rochdale.450793/ there you go.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

So Proud on 15:02 - Sep 26 with 1764 viewsThacks_Rabbits

So Proud on 14:52 - Sep 26 by James1980

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/post-match-vs-rochdale.450793/ there you go.

Cheers James!

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

So Proud on 15:20 - Sep 26 with 1743 viewsTVOS1907

So Proud on 14:40 - Sep 26 by Thacks_Rabbits

To be fair, they should be hammering us.

That's also why the likes of Keane and Neville are so good to listen to when they criticise United as they are doing it from a position of strength.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

So Proud on 15:28 - Sep 26 with 1725 viewsTVOS1907

Keohane taking a penalty and Pogba not doing says a lot, although we don't know the rationale behind it.

What I would say is that we've got a group of players who are either new to the club, on loan to the club or have returned to the team after missing a lot of last season who will never forget their night.

It just goes to show that you never know what's around the corner.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

So Proud on 15:42 - Sep 26 with 1694 viewsThacks_Rabbits

So Proud on 15:20 - Sep 26 by TVOS1907

To be fair, they should be hammering us.

That's also why the likes of Keane and Neville are so good to listen to when they criticise United as they are doing it from a position of strength.

Totally agree they should, When 1 of their players earns more in 2 months than our entire staff budget for a year.

I would soon watch us lose to Crawley in a league 2 relegation battle than ever watch those overpaid overhyped turds.

So Proud on 08:32 - Sep 27 with 1361 viewsdingdangblue

Man U forum.
Some funny comments.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/post-match-vs-rochdale.450793/

*sorry just seen this link posted above*
[Post edited 27 Sep 2019 8:50]

So Proud on 08:46 - Sep 27 with 1327 viewsAncoats_Blue

So Proud on 08:32 - Sep 27 by dingdangblue

Man U forum.
Some funny comments.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/post-match-vs-rochdale.450793/

*sorry just seen this link posted above*
[Post edited 27 Sep 2019 8:50]

There just seems to be a lot of fume from clueless foreign armchair fans.

"pub team"

"bet football isn't their main income"

"they lost 3-0 to hyde ffs"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024