Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Amos from Tottenham 15:15 - Jun 27 with 16622 viewsGloucs_R

On his way to us apparently for a 12-month loan deal. He's a defensive midfielder who was highly rated before getting badly injured and being out for 11 months.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 10:14 - Jun 28 with 4544 viewsaston_hoop

We have some reasonably stiff competition for that Smith bloke...

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-city-tr

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 10:21 - Jun 28 with 4508 viewsrsonist

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 10:14 - Jun 28 by aston_hoop

We have some reasonably stiff competition for that Smith bloke...

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-city-tr

Love beating off stiff competition.
Luke Amos from Tottenham on 10:28 - Jun 28 with 4463 viewsrsonist

Meanwhile another Spurs midfielder signs -

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/under-23s-news/qpr-sign-former-spurs-youngster-dylan-

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/11/14/spurs-teenager-dylan-duncan-call
Luke Amos from Tottenham on 10:56 - Jun 28 with 4382 viewssmegma

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 03:22 - Jun 28 by timcocking

Well, obviously i'm a hypocrite, so i couldn't care less about us loaning players to somebody else. That's QPR exploiting another team, so no problem.

Isn't it obvious, though, it'd be better for every fan by a million miles if there was a squad cap and zero loans? Remember, football operated for over a hundred years without them. We do all of this stuff, thereby ruining football in the long term, just for a negligible short term benefit. Basically, it's just to help the big teams get bigger. Better to die with dignity. I think people don't appreciate results aren't everything. I love watching young QPR boys out there on the pitch fighting for us. I love that, win or lose. Watching Paul Smyth, Kakay, Darnell, Lumley and Scowen lose would give me greater pleasure than watching a team of Chelsea loanees winning but not really giving a sh!t. I know i'd be outvoted 100-1, but i'm confident it's the correct view to hold, but then i rarely view the world like regular people seem to. I don't even own a mobile phone. I think they've ruined football at the moment, or they have for me. None of our good players we sell on even get a bloody game, it's a tragedy really.

To me, the most important thing is that we play in hoops, but people actually laugh at that idea. I find that outlook genuinely puzzling. We're being literally mugged off and treated like their b!tch, but people bend over to take it. That's never been my way. Different strokes i guess.

A slight over reaction i suppose, but them i'm an emotional Celt. Might have been better just to say 'i'm not keen on loan signings' and leave it at that. And good luck to the lad. I certainly don't blame him any of this. Reading the quotes, sounds good as well. But he's a Spurs player. It's not a signing.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2019 3:47]

In one !!!!
Luke Amos from Tottenham on 11:08 - Jun 28 with 4336 viewsfrancisbowles

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 10:09 - Jun 28 by rsonist

Warburton hasn't ever and will never play 4-4-2 touchline wingers crossing in. So the lines between strikers and midfielders are already blurred.

Smyth is more of a inside-forward type in my view, and Wheeler (if he has any future with us) has played and was indeed bought with that brief intention. Bright would be another one I'd expect to see off the striker.

If it were twenty years ago Smyth would be a Michael Owen type case closed, but now no one plays with those. (Same way they don't play floating 10s or seven foot target men of course...)

Yes, I agree that the lines are blurred and Warburton isn't a 442 man. I was working on a 4231 set up, which is why I included the wide players as midfielders. It could of course be a 433 in which case they would be more like inside forwards but then I'm not sure where Eze fits in and we could get overrun/outnumbered in midfield.

I suppose fluid and flexible are the key words.
Luke Amos from Tottenham on 11:50 - Jun 28 with 4251 viewsDorse

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 12:08 - Jun 28 with 4205 viewsDavieQPR

Every team in this league for financial reasons loan players. Either to save money or because they cannot afford to buy a player of that standard.
Luke Amos from Tottenham on 12:24 - Jun 28 with 4139 viewsAntti_Heinola

There's also a weird line in that post about football existing for 100 years without loans.
I've never known football not to have loan signings.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 13:00 - Jun 28 with 4022 viewsoldmisery

He's taking a long time getting here. Has he far to come or is he on a pushbike?
Luke Amos from Tottenham on 13:07 - Jun 28 with 3997 viewskingo

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 13:00 - Jun 28 by oldmisery

He's taking a long time getting here. Has he far to come or is he on a pushbike?

The lad from Man City was apparently on the train down from Redditch, according to his mate on Facebook.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 13:13 - Jun 28 with 3978 viewsBklynRanger

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 13:07 - Jun 28 by kingo

The lad from Man City was apparently on the train down from Redditch, according to his mate on Facebook.

Classic!
Luke Amos from Tottenham on 13:18 - Jun 28 with 3953 viewsLblock

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 13:07 - Jun 28 by kingo

Cycling via Anderletch maybe?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 13:40 - Jun 28 with 3879 viewsterryb

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 12:24 - Jun 28 by Antti_Heinola

There's also a weird line in that post about football existing for 100 years without loans.

I can't remember any loans before the '80's at the earliest Antti. It would be interesting for anyone in the know to post who & when our first loan signing was.

Up till then, certainly in the '60's, many clubs had a minimum of three teams at adult level. The first team played in the Football League, the reserves in the Football Combination (or northern equivalent) & the A Team in keagues like the Metropolitasn League or the Eastern Counties League. Therefore, no loans took place & maybe they weren't allowed.

Mind you, the club had a lot more say than the players as to who they played for in those days! Especially prior to the George Eastham legal case.
Luke Amos from Tottenham on 13:45 - Jun 28 with 3855 viewsrsonist

First loan signing ever was Daniel Amokachi to Everton in 1994 IIRC.
Luke Amos from Tottenham on 13:48 - Jun 28 with 3840 viewsterryb

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 13:45 - Jun 28 by rsonist

Thanks rsonist.
Luke Amos from Tottenham on 13:50 - Jun 28 with 3826 viewsloftboy

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 13:45 - Jun 28 by rsonist

Bollocks, we had gus Caesar on loan circa 1989

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 13:51 - Jun 28 with 3814 viewsaston_hoop

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/a-bizarre-history-loans-where-did-it-really

1967 under the current system apparently

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 13:55 - Jun 28 with 3792 viewspeejaybee

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 12:24 - Jun 28 by Antti_Heinola

We never had loan signings in the 1948/49 Season.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 14:05 - Jun 28 with 3739 viewsGRDHoops

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 13:50 - Jun 28 by loftboy

Bollocks, we had gus Caesar on loan circa 1989

And Paul Walsh from Spurs in 1991.
Luke Amos from Tottenham on 14:18 - Jun 28 with 3702 viewsMaggsinho

First loan under the current system was a John Docker from Coventry to Torquay in 1967 according to this:

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/a-bizarre-history-loans-where-did-it-really
Luke Amos from Tottenham on 14:21 - Jun 28 with 3676 viewskingo

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 13:13 - Jun 28 by BklynRanger

Classic!

We will all find out in a few hours whether he was just a Walter Mitty or not

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 14:45 - Jun 28 with 3564 viewsJacksDad

Luke Amos? Why I am mentally singing "King Of Caravans" ? Am I going a bit
Luke Amos from Tottenham on 18:59 - Jun 28 with 3248 viewsterryb

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 13:51 - Jun 28 by aston_hoop

1967 under the current system apparently

You live & learn. That was at least twenty years before I thought the loan system (outside wars & playing ringers) came into being!
Luke Amos from Tottenham on 21:53 - Jun 28 with 3023 viewsW12SG2

Fckin brilliant at Stevenage
Luke Amos from Tottenham on 22:16 - Jun 28 with 2983 viewsderbyhoop

Luke Amos from Tottenham on 02:28 - Jun 28 by timcocking

Stinker. I'd rather we didn't play other teams players players in our team. Why should i be expected to take pleasure watching a fcuking Spurs youngster gaining experience p!ssing around playing for QPR? It's a fcuking insult imo. Buy him? Great. Loan him, no, fcuk right off.

All of the small teams should shake hands and agree to say fcuk that, let your 900 young players rot. This little sh!t gonna take Josh Scowen's place? Disgusting, makes me sick to my stomach, i don't want him. Why isn't there a squad limit? American football teams have less players than Chelsea or Spurs.

If he does as well as Kyle Walker i'll be quick to change my mind, but that still doesn't mean deep inside i'm happy with it, it just means i'm shallow and hypocritical. Integrity and honour should be considered more important than league position imo. So far, i've been disappointed with every single thing that's happened since we've signed Warburton. I hate bankers. Sigh. Hope he proves me wrong and i've no right to be judging before we've even played a match, but if i'm watching Spurs players, to be honest i'm not sure i care any more. It gets harder and harder to understand why we bother with it all. And that fcuking away shirt. It's like they're doing everything to drive me away. I would not be a QPR fan today if i' d seen them play in that shirt as a child. I'm only still here because i know Clive would miss me :-)
[Post edited 28 Jun 2019 2:35]

Look at the impact Mount and Wilson had at Derby last season.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024