Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anyone else miss... 18:30 - Mar 21 with 6894 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

The old scoreboard at the School End and its animation of those bizarrely shaped people celebrating home goals? Baggy shirts. Street parking. Shit scoreboards. Marvellous.
Does anyone else miss... on 12:17 - Mar 22 with 1603 viewsSpanishranger

Does anyone else miss... on 10:25 - Mar 22 by DWQPR

And silk scarves tied around the wrist!

What about the butchers white coats with the name of the team scrawled in felt tip all over them - usually worn by some shaven headed, doc marten wearing Neanderthal from Leeds or the Scum
Does anyone else miss... on 12:44 - Mar 22 with 1571 viewsDavieQPR

Now if you really want to go back does anyone else remember the street singers
on the walk from the green?
Does anyone else miss... on 14:06 - Mar 22 with 1503 viewskingsburyR

Teletext.

The only way to find out footie scores!

And you always turned it on just as your page flashed past!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Does anyone else miss... on 14:18 - Mar 22 with 1490 viewscolinallcars

Does anyone else miss... on 14:06 - Mar 22 by kingsburyR

Teletext.

The only way to find out footie scores!

And you always turned it on just as your page flashed past!

And if a team scored say, 7 they would print out ( severn ) next to the number.
Does anyone else miss... on 14:35 - Mar 22 with 1481 viewsEsox_Lucius

Does anyone else miss... on 14:18 - Mar 22 by colinallcars

And if a team scored say, 7 they would print out ( severn ) next to the number.

Have Mersey upon your soul if the spelling police see that post.

The grass is always greener.

Does anyone else miss... on 15:49 - Mar 22 with 1438 viewscolinallcars

Does anyone else miss... on 14:35 - Mar 22 by Esox_Lucius

Have Mersey upon your soul if the spelling police see that post.

Oh dear, I can't believe I spelt it that way. Also, I was going to add, given our parlous goal rate, that if we scored 3 they would print ( three ) after it !
Does anyone else miss... on 15:55 - Mar 22 with 1433 viewsNov77

the loft doing the theme to laurel and hardy any time a copper walked around pitch side.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Does anyone else miss... on 16:24 - Mar 22 with 1409 viewsstowmarketrange

Does anyone else miss... on 22:12 - Mar 21 by Rs_Holy

I miss the air being thick with cigarette smoke and the loud roar that used to go up seconds before kickoff.
I remember the first time I stood in the Paddocks. To be within a few yards of the away fans (Newcastle I think) seemed amazing.

Especially the roar of away fans taking the loft at ko time.London derbies weren’t all that great for us loft regulars.I remember the West Ham 6-1 Cup game and I started in the middle of the terrace but ended up getting pushed further and further away after every goal.
Login to get fewer ads

Does anyone else miss... on 16:53 - Mar 22 with 1393 viewsheadhoops

Does anyone else miss... on 21:03 - Mar 21 by GloryHunter

Was it the pink Evening News that you could buy outside the ground after the match, that had the half-time scores kind of potato-stamped into a column on the back page? That was all the information you got until you got back to the car radio. Those were the days, kids.

That was all the information you got until you got back to the car radio.

A car with a radio in - how feckin posh are you!

Programme cover with little squares with cartoon footballers in them and the programme shop in the far right end of the Ellerslie Road.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Does anyone else miss... on 16:58 - Mar 22 with 1391 viewsTonto

the blow up bananas, and the blow up man and woman that were owned by differnet people and when the second one arrived would magically make their way together to a big roar.

throwing celery around at Chelsea matches for reasons i still cant fathom...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Does anyone else miss... on 17:02 - Mar 22 with 1388 viewsstowmarketrange

Does anyone else miss... on 16:58 - Mar 22 by Tonto

the blow up bananas, and the blow up man and woman that were owned by differnet people and when the second one arrived would magically make their way together to a big roar.

throwing celery around at Chelsea matches for reasons i still cant fathom...

I think it was for fillery because it sounded like celery.
Does anyone else miss... on 17:58 - Mar 22 with 1356 viewscolinallcars

Didn't the Chelsea fans have some sort of silly song that went something like “ if your wife don't come, then tickle her on the bum with......celery, celery “ ?
Does anyone else miss... on 22:31 - Mar 22 with 1281 viewsGloryHunter

Does anyone else miss... on 16:53 - Mar 22 by headhoops

That was all the information you got until you got back to the car radio.

A car with a radio in - how feckin posh are you!

Programme cover with little squares with cartoon footballers in them and the programme shop in the far right end of the Ellerslie Road.

Well, it wasn't actually our car, it was a neighbour who used to take us. But I'm pretty sure that by the time we got back to Wealdstone, we could buy a copy of the paper that had the full-time results in it. How on earth did that work? Or maybe we got the final edition delivered to the house by a paper-boy at around 7pm - I don't remember. Whatever, I definitely had a copy of the Saturday evening paper with the headline "QPR go up" when we finished second in Div 2 in 1968 - I had it on my bedroom wall for years.
Does anyone else miss... on 22:46 - Mar 22 with 1276 viewsMrSheen

Sidling up to someone with a radio to overhear the scores. A rumour went round the North Bank at full time in our semi final that Leicester had beaten Spurs. People were dancing in celebration.

When I went to Brentford with school friends, you could still move to the other end at half time.
Does anyone else miss... on 22:47 - Mar 22 with 1276 viewscolinallcars

They used to get the papers out to the shops amazingly quickly. Around 5.15 in the Bush. All the results plus reports from the first half of the matches with lots of typos. It helped that the 3 o'clock games ended earlier than they do today - just 10 minutes half time and very little stoppage time. Injury time as it was called then. Some games kicked of at 3.15 though so these would be marked late kickoff.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024