Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? 23:18 - Aug 29 with 18956 viewsShev

Hello all,

Wycombe fan here in peace. With the international break upon us and QPR not in action, I would like to cordially invite you all to take in some League Two football at Adams Park, High Wycombe this coming Saturday, where the mighty Chairboys will take on Forest Green Rovers, those famous vegan warriors. If you are sick of the increasingly corporate side of the Championship, and decry the loss of that sense of connection, fear not - we can offer agricultural tackles, sky high long balls and sections of terracing that will have you nostalgic for the 1980s!

On a serious note, we boast the strongest footballer on the planet in Adebayo Akinfenwa, one of the most pleasant grounds in the country in Adams Park, and a fan owned club that is known for it's friendliness. To top it all, our league scorelines this year have been 2-2, 3-2, 2-4, and 3-2, so I can almost...almost, guarantee a feast of goals.

So feel free to visit us this Saturday, and I wish QPR well for the rest of the season!
Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 07:28 - Aug 31 with 4655 viewsfournil

Their Assistant Manager Richard Dobson is a Ranger as well. We used to stand in The Loft together watching the team of the early nineties destroy the likes of Tottenham, Man City and Leeds. Those were the days.
Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 08:42 - Aug 31 with 4610 viewsterryb

Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 20:41 - Aug 30 by paesanu

Pretty rude reply, clearly no love lost for you but why try to put anyone else off? The fan came in peace, bit of courtesy wouldn't go amiss!

Your probably right, but the red mists descend at the mere mention of them!
Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 10:15 - Aug 31 with 4560 viewsnadera78

Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 07:28 - Aug 31 by fournil

Their Assistant Manager Richard Dobson is a Ranger as well. We used to stand in The Loft together watching the team of the early nineties destroy the likes of Tottenham, Man City and Leeds. Those were the days.

I didn't know he supported us. His dad used to coach me, many years ago.
Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 21:00 - Aug 31 with 4506 viewsShev

Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 10:15 - Aug 31 by nadera78

I didn't know he supported us. His dad used to coach me, many years ago.

Definitely some connection between the clubs. All the more reason to come - think how emotional the QPR old boys at our club will be, knowing there are some of you out there watching! :)
Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 21:20 - Aug 31 with 4488 viewsfrancisbowles

Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 21:00 - Aug 31 by Shev

Definitely some connection between the clubs. All the more reason to come - think how emotional the QPR old boys at our club will be, knowing there are some of you out there watching! :)

Some of us might think about it on another occasion but not when we have a match for Grenfell at our ground at the same time!
Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 21:41 - Aug 31 with 4476 viewssmegma

Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 21:20 - Aug 31 by francisbowles

Some of us might think about it on another occasion but not when we have a match for Grenfell at our ground at the same time!

I only watch QPR games at Loftus Road
Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 23:45 - Aug 31 with 4432 viewsfrancisbowles

Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 21:41 - Aug 31 by smegma

I only watch QPR games at Loftus Road

Note the 'Some of us' and apart from it being for a good cause, I get to see a few of our old boys.
Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 10:22 - Sep 1 with 4354 viewsR_from_afar

Thanks for the invite, very decent of you. As someone who goes to quite a few Wycombe games every season - my best mate is a season ticket holder and I find it refreshing to watch footballers who are paid sensible as opposed to astronomical amounts for kicking a ball around - I can vouch for the fact that its a great day out. The fans are friendly and Gareth has got the players well organised, with good levels of concentration and effort. Apart from all the obvious Rangers connections, you might also get to see Marcus Bean (yes I know what a rush ). You can park in the big field next to the ground for a fiver.

I feel that some Wycombe fans, in common with some of ours, can have a massive sense of entitlement which is not really in keeping with a club with a very modest budget and income, so if things go badly in a game, you get to see a mass flounce. A case in point was the recent Notts County game; after a poor first half, including a freak own goal, Wycombe went in two nil down at half time. They came roaring out after the break, scored two and it was all Wycombe. Then the opposition got a dodgy free kick, scored a scrappy third followed swiftly by a fourth and the ground emptied rapidly as the home fans streamed out. I thought this was poor and very unsupportive and unappreciative but then I always stay until the end of games. Unfortunately, one quirk of Wycombe's ground is that for large parts of the stadium, you leave by walking down a path right next to the touchline. I bet the players get a real lift from watching hundreds of their own fans flouncing out with their noses in the air while they are still straining every sinew to get back into the game...
RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Login to get fewer ads

Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 16:18 - Sep 1 with 4308 viewsShev

Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 10:22 - Sep 1 by R_from_afar

Thanks for the invite, very decent of you. As someone who goes to quite a few Wycombe games every season - my best mate is a season ticket holder and I find it refreshing to watch footballers who are paid sensible as opposed to astronomical amounts for kicking a ball around - I can vouch for the fact that its a great day out. The fans are friendly and Gareth has got the players well organised, with good levels of concentration and effort. Apart from all the obvious Rangers connections, you might also get to see Marcus Bean (yes I know what a rush ). You can park in the big field next to the ground for a fiver.

I feel that some Wycombe fans, in common with some of ours, can have a massive sense of entitlement which is not really in keeping with a club with a very modest budget and income, so if things go badly in a game, you get to see a mass flounce. A case in point was the recent Notts County game; after a poor first half, including a freak own goal, Wycombe went in two nil down at half time. They came roaring out after the break, scored two and it was all Wycombe. Then the opposition got a dodgy free kick, scored a scrappy third followed swiftly by a fourth and the ground emptied rapidly as the home fans streamed out. I thought this was poor and very unsupportive and unappreciative but then I always stay until the end of games. Unfortunately, one quirk of Wycombe's ground is that for large parts of the stadium, you leave by walking down a path right next to the touchline. I bet the players get a real lift from watching hundreds of their own fans flouncing out with their noses in the air while they are still straining every sinew to get back into the game...
RFA

Cheers mate, very civil of you. Nice that you have got to a few games. I agree on leaving early too. I guess every fan base is going to have a mix.
Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 22:32 - Sep 1 with 4247 viewsdixiedean

Nice to hear from you Shev. Chairboys are my local team and I try to see a few games each season. Gaz is of course a legend and it seems the 2 clubs have a good relationship. Wycombe is a very friendly club , well unless you support Chesham it would seem ! I never understood the Colchester rivalry- back from non league days presumably? Good luck for the season; strange there have been so many goals which is a departure from recent years when Gaz liked to keep it tight. You have some good strikers now . Another trip to Wembley for play off final would be nice 😀
Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 22:44 - Sep 1 with 4231 viewsShev

Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 22:32 - Sep 1 by dixiedean

Nice to hear from you Shev. Chairboys are my local team and I try to see a few games each season. Gaz is of course a legend and it seems the 2 clubs have a good relationship. Wycombe is a very friendly club , well unless you support Chesham it would seem ! I never understood the Colchester rivalry- back from non league days presumably? Good luck for the season; strange there have been so many goals which is a departure from recent years when Gaz liked to keep it tight. You have some good strikers now . Another trip to Wembley for play off final would be nice 😀

Cheers dixiedean. The Colchester rivalry is a little strange. I believe it started with Wycombe knocking Colchester out of the cup in 1985, and then a two year rivalry in the Conference that ended with Colchester winning the title on goal difference. In the late 90s Colchester got a string of last minute penalties and goals that did not help matters. Definitely no love lost!
Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 22:54 - Sep 1 with 4224 viewsdixiedean

Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 22:44 - Sep 1 by Shev

Cheers dixiedean. The Colchester rivalry is a little strange. I believe it started with Wycombe knocking Colchester out of the cup in 1985, and then a two year rivalry in the Conference that ended with Colchester winning the title on goal difference. In the late 90s Colchester got a string of last minute penalties and goals that did not help matters. Definitely no love lost!

Thanks Shev. It obviously wasn't a rivalry based on geography ! Good luck against the vegans. Don't suppose they'll approve of the Beechdean ice cream 😀
Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 16:32 - Sep 2 with 4164 viewsBoston

15 mins to go and it's 3-1. They're getting their monies worth in Wycombe.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 17:21 - Sep 2 with 4140 viewsShev

Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 16:32 - Sep 2 by Boston

15 mins to go and it's 3-1. They're getting their monies worth in Wycombe.

Cheers. Every game this season has had at least four goals. No Eze today, though.
Why not come to Wycombe Wanderers this weekend? on 17:55 - Sep 2 with 4105 viewssmegma

Ashford Town 2 Corinthian Casuals 0. A red card, 4 yellows and a missed penalty. Typical non league fare.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024