Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Austin 10:46 - Mar 5 with 5039 views1MoreBrightonR

I know we are used to it so maybe it doesnt get mentioned anymore but I wanted to give the man some credit for his performance...obviously scored a cracking goal but where others gave up or head's went down, he continually fought for the ball and his ability/desire to shoot is phenomenal. We'd be in a much better place if we had 11 players with his work rate.
Austin on 19:28 - Mar 5 with 1269 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Agree with Clive and Simmo - Rodgers, like Guardiola and Ibrahimovic, tried the big man as a variant and it hasn't worked, so he's gone back to a fast, fluid attack instead.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Austin on 20:16 - Mar 5 with 1221 viewsLblock

We spoke about this post match and agreed the fee would be 15 million max but more like 10 mill with add ons

I thought it would be Southampton but I reckon it could actually be Swansea
I think Saints would be Charlie's choice as he likes the south coast

I also think he'll go even if we stay up
The only thing that might keep him with us is a bumper contract and a couple of marquee signings but we're not going down that road anymore are we? Are we Tone?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Austin on 20:31 - Mar 5 with 1210 viewsMatch82

Austin on 20:16 - Mar 5 by Lblock

We spoke about this post match and agreed the fee would be 15 million max but more like 10 mill with add ons

I thought it would be Southampton but I reckon it could actually be Swansea
I think Saints would be Charlie's choice as he likes the south coast

I also think he'll go even if we stay up
The only thing that might keep him with us is a bumper contract and a couple of marquee signings but we're not going down that road anymore are we? Are we Tone?

Swansea is a good shout. I can see that happening if we go down, hope we can hang onto him if we stay up though.
Austin on 21:04 - Mar 5 with 1175 viewsdaveB

I don't think he'll go anywhere this summer, he seems happy enough here
Austin on 21:10 - Mar 5 with 1163 viewsPommyhoop

Austin on 21:04 - Mar 5 by daveB

I don't think he'll go anywhere this summer, he seems happy enough here

Like someone else said ,he does seem a bit peed off lately with lack of quality service. To be fair he does feed off scraps and it must be getting frustrating for him now.
Swansea is a brilliant shout.He'll get quality service from all areas there and will thrive.
Obviously I hope we stay up and can convince him to give us a couple or more seasons.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2015 21:11]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Austin on 21:40 - Mar 5 with 1139 viewsMedwayR

Swansea would be very sensible to use the Bony money to sign Austin & Ings, if they could get £10m for Gomis too as was the rumour in Jan they'd have pulled off a masterstroke.

I think Austin will only leave if we go down, and if that happens he'll likely have several options.

Poll: Who’s better?

Austin on 21:54 - Mar 5 with 1123 viewsEalingRanger

He's improved so much since that first game against Hull where he looked for all the world like a Championship player who would struggle to make the step up. The way his first touch, hold up/link play and his ability to create time to take a shot has gone from strength to strength.

He reminds me so much of Diego Milito it's untrue. I wonder if Charlie has been watching tapes/youtubes of him. He plays in almost exactly the same way.

The other thing that's so impressive about Charlie is how accurate he is. Rarely hits it off target, no matter where he's shooting from. Would love to know the ratio of off target shots to on target shots he has hit this season.

Going to miss him when he's gone. He's rapidly developing into (pace aside) a complete centre-forward.
Austin on 21:57 - Mar 5 with 1115 viewsTacticalR

Is it just me or do certain people seem to be getting some sort of strange gratification at the prospect of selling Austin?

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Austin on 22:06 - Mar 5 with 1101 viewsPommyhoop

Austin on 21:57 - Mar 5 by TacticalR

Is it just me or do certain people seem to be getting some sort of strange gratification at the prospect of selling Austin?

Definitely just you. I can't believe anyone would enjoy the prospect of losing Charlie..
People are realists tho and well used to QPR selling off our best players.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Austin on 22:17 - Mar 5 with 1084 viewsBAWHoops

Actually I would. He has the potential to be a mainstay in the PL for years and we've been a big part of that.
He's a bit too good for our current shambles!

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Austin on 08:35 - Mar 6 with 1021 viewsDANRANGER

He just lives on scoring goals and that's a wonderful attribute to have. Full credit to him and we need to accept he won't be playing outside the Premier League again. If we stay up I'd expect him to stay however I can see Southampton looking at him, maybe Swansea but I'm not sure if a Liverpool would believe he has the mobility to fit in their attack.

What I would say though is if he did sign for Liverpool I believe his attitude and sheer will to make himself better that he would make a success of it. Look at this season, he misses a penalty in the 1st game to get us a point and starts off pretty slowly but he believed in himself and in his mind he was never going to fail at this level. I so hope he stays and we can build a midfield that can give him the ammunition he deserves.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024