Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SWP again. 17:04 - Dec 15 with 3475 viewsstuabd

Got a great reception when he came off. I thought he was solid throughout the game. Hope there's more to come. Good man!
SWP again. on 18:11 - Dec 15 with 688 viewsklr

SWP again. on 18:08 - Dec 15 by Charlie1

Played well. Again

Sadly people slate for the sake of it

He didnt play well, he didnt play badly either, in what sense did he dominate in this match ? What was his pass / cross completion rates ? How many successful / unsuccessful passes did he make to his teammates ?

Playing well for any other attacking player is scoring goals & providing assists for Shaun Wright-Phillips its "working hard" & "putting a shift in"
SWP again. on 18:14 - Dec 15 with 678 viewsthame_hoops

SWP again. on 17:13 - Dec 15 by klr

It is if you are an attacking player on several million pounds a year that cant score goals & cant provide assists.

I'm on a hiding to nothing here, but today doesnt change a thing, not good enough.

+1

i find hes comical, like a 5yr old dribbling with a medicine ball.

he had a better game but klr is spot on
SWP again. on 18:14 - Dec 15 with 678 viewsPommyhoop

SWP again. on 18:11 - Dec 15 by klr

He didnt play well, he didnt play badly either, in what sense did he dominate in this match ? What was his pass / cross completion rates ? How many successful / unsuccessful passes did he make to his teammates ?

Playing well for any other attacking player is scoring goals & providing assists for Shaun Wright-Phillips its "working hard" & "putting a shift in"

KLR ,chill mate.We won ,we fcuking won.Leave the hate for the little man for another week.Enjoy the moment..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

SWP again. on 18:16 - Dec 15 with 668 viewsCharlie1

SWP again. on 18:11 - Dec 15 by klr

He played well. End of.

Did you / do you actually go to games?

2:59 baby!

SWP again. on 18:17 - Dec 15 with 662 viewsJamie

SWP again. on 18:14 - Dec 15 by Pommyhoop

KLR ,chill mate.We won ,we fcuking won.Leave the hate for the little man for another week.Enjoy the moment..

When you are on a WUM'img mission, results are irrelevant.
SWP again. on 18:19 - Dec 15 with 658 viewsklr

SWP again. on 18:14 - Dec 15 by Pommyhoop

Yep, I am going to leave it mate, agree its not the time & the place.

But one final thing, what position was he playing today ? because he definately wasnt playing at Right Wing was he ?
Successive managers rate him so highly that none of them trust him enough to play in his natural position, they have all worked out ( Harry Included ) pretty early on that expecting this right footed right winger to deliver a cross on to a centre forwards head in the six yard box from a wide midfield position is a mere pipe dream.

Only in English Football, you literally couldnt make it up!
SWP again. on 18:26 - Dec 15 with 641 viewsPommyhoop

SWP again. on 18:19 - Dec 15 by klr

Yep, I am going to leave it mate, agree its not the time & the place.

But one final thing, what position was he playing today ? because he definately wasnt playing at Right Wing was he ?
Successive managers rate him so highly that none of them trust him enough to play in his natural position, they have all worked out ( Harry Included ) pretty early on that expecting this right footed right winger to deliver a cross on to a centre forwards head in the six yard box from a wide midfield position is a mere pipe dream.

Only in English Football, you literally couldnt make it up!

Players evolve and change positions all the time.Maybe there is a bitter little Gooner somewhere moaning that Henry is really a winger and Wenger is an idiot..

SWP again. on 18:43 - Dec 15 with 621 viewsklr

SWP again. on 18:26 - Dec 15 by Pommyhoop

Players evolve and change positions all the time.Maybe there is a bitter little Gooner somewhere moaning that Henry is really a winger and Wenger is an idiot..

What position was SWP playing today then ?

Not trying to start an argument, just genuinely dont know what position he was supposed to be playing in.
Login to get fewer ads

SWP again. on 18:45 - Dec 15 with 614 viewsdubaistu

SWP again. on 18:43 - Dec 15 by klr

What position was SWP playing today then ?

Not trying to start an argument, just genuinely dont know what position he was supposed to be playing in.

Mate, go and sink a few beers we got three points today and I can tell you it's be a fcking long time since we can say that.
SWP again. on 18:58 - Dec 15 with 598 viewsqprmick

SWP again. on 18:08 - Dec 15 by Charlie1

Played well. Again

Sadly people slate for the sake of it

foe whatever reason, we play better with him than without him. Yeah he puts in a shift but how many have we watched that DON'T. With some teams we have put out, we might as well be one or two short.

Qprmick

SWP again. on 19:03 - Dec 15 with 587 viewsklr

SWP again. on 18:58 - Dec 15 by qprmick

foe whatever reason, we play better with him than without him. Yeah he puts in a shift but how many have we watched that DON'T. With some teams we have put out, we might as well be one or two short.

"we play better with him than without him."

You mean like the back end of last season when we won all those matches at home & stayed up ?!

Anyway, I've taken the guys advice & cracked open the first nice cold beer for the evening, have a good one!
SWP again. on 19:08 - Dec 15 with 581 viewsbaz_qpr

It was a 5 -6 / 10 performance he worked hard at times Harry was annoyed with him at one point in the 1st half after giving the ball away and sent Hoilett of to warm up. I suspect that SWP does all that's asked of him tactically where as Hoilett does not would still like to see Hoilett getting a run in that formation on the left.
SWP again. on 19:13 - Dec 15 with 574 viewsted_hendrix

3rd or 4th minute SWP made a defensive tackle that was superb, that alone didn't mean he had a great game or anything but I swear he's getting better since HR came In.
He has a lot to do to win me over but he worked bloody hard today, his final third play though is a let down.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

SWP again. on 19:20 - Dec 15 with 563 viewsklr

SWP again. on 19:13 - Dec 15 by ted_hendrix

3rd or 4th minute SWP made a defensive tackle that was superb, that alone didn't mean he had a great game or anything but I swear he's getting better since HR came In.
He has a lot to do to win me over but he worked bloody hard today, his final third play though is a let down.

"his final third play though is a let down."

Bit of a problem when that's his job!

Anyway, second beer of the night for me, no more arguments from me tonight please darling i'm tired.
SWP again. on 19:21 - Dec 15 with 543 viewsShotKneesHoop

SWP had his best game for ages. Yes. Agreed. Can't believe I said that - but it's true.

Does he deserve a starting place? Only next week. Then hook him as soon as he starts passing to the opposition again. After 43 games for the R's he's made a start. He is still not very good, but he didn't hide today, he actually tried to be involved. Shame his head down stuff didn't spot Traore on countless overlaps.

If only we had hung onto Routledge and the other Championship winners, we would have got a better player on far less money with more potential.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

SWP again. on 19:23 - Dec 15 with 537 viewsQPR_ARG

He also created a perfect counterattack by completing missing a lovely pass from Faurlin. He meant to kick it to the left (he was with his back pointing towards Fulham's goal) and the ball went in the wrong direction. Fulham started a counterattack and we were lucky it came to nothing as we were left in a very bad shape as we were in possession and lost it suddenly and unexpectedly.

2nd half, he tried a long ball to Traore and baseball fans would have applauded that as it left the park.

And I haven't seen any particular moment of brilliance in order for me to praise him for it.

Yes, he tried hard. That's what he always does. What he produced when he were on the ball was more of the same since he joined: nada.
SWP again. on 19:25 - Dec 15 with 528 viewsPommyhoop

Exactly .I remember that tackle.Thats one part of his game that goes unnoticed by some.Look I know he fukcs up sometimes but he done ok today ,worked his ass off and thankfully when he gave that ball away 2nd half nothing came of it. Lets enjoy the moment.
Harry is the 3rd manager in a row who keeps picking him.Maybe we should give him a break and see how he goes.

SWP again. on 19:32 - Dec 15 with 516 viewsklr

SWP again. on 19:23 - Dec 15 by QPR_ARG

He also created a perfect counterattack by completing missing a lovely pass from Faurlin. He meant to kick it to the left (he was with his back pointing towards Fulham's goal) and the ball went in the wrong direction. Fulham started a counterattack and we were lucky it came to nothing as we were left in a very bad shape as we were in possession and lost it suddenly and unexpectedly.

2nd half, he tried a long ball to Traore and baseball fans would have applauded that as it left the park.

And I haven't seen any particular moment of brilliance in order for me to praise him for it.

Yes, he tried hard. That's what he always does. What he produced when he were on the ball was more of the same since he joined: nada.

Yep.

Listen, I'd probably give him 7/10 today purely for effort.

But Quality ?

No, its not there.
SWP again. on 19:54 - Dec 15 with 491 viewscheeseydane

SWP again. on 18:05 - Dec 15 by klr

Absolute bol locks.

He's a f*cking awful player & you know it.

How many goals has he scored for us ?

When's the last time he put a ball on to one of our centre forwards head from a wide midfield position ?, that is his job on the football pitch after all.

Not good enough, he's just not competent at this level, he cant have a ( positive ) influence on a match at this level, he hasnt got the technical skills, "he put a shift in" "he worked hard" that's as good as it gets with him & its a long way away from being good enough.

I want to see Assists, Goals, that's his job on the football pitch.

Charming reply. You must give me the number of the charm school you attended.

Who exactly do you expect QPR to have playing in midfield?

---'When's the last time he put a ball on to one of our centre forwards head from a wide midfield position ?, that is his job on the football pitch after all.'

No, hes currently being played with a license to drift inside, using his pace for the long ball down the middle as well as being asked to back up defensive duties in midfield. Hes not being asked to be a winger/geta cross in/ type of player at all.

---'Not good enough, he's just not competent at this level, he cant have a ( positive ) influence on a match at this level, he hasnt got the technical skills, "he put a shift in" "he worked hard" that's as good as it gets with him & its a long way away from being good enough. '

Maybe hes playing because he works hard. The same has been said of Mackie(whom had a poorer game today). If SWP had missed that chance today, he would have been crucified by now. To play SWPs role, surely hard work is needed to cover all the bases.

Im not saying hes fantastic, but there have been worse players every week, yet hes the one constantly berated.

Whatever you think of them 3 top managers have played him, so excuse me if i take your and others constant tirade as 'absolute bol locks'.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

SWP again. on 20:23 - Dec 15 with 470 viewsQPRNZ

I agree that over the last few games he has shown signs of improvement when I had totally given up on him. However, he still avoids running at defenders and putting them in two minds. He just plays the simple ball, opposing defenders knows what he is going to do and so no space is developed. Good for first 15-20 minutes and then nothing. I thought he should have been subbed for Hoilett at half time.
SWP again. on 20:51 - Dec 15 with 456 viewsklr

SWP again. on 19:54 - Dec 15 by cheeseydane

Charming reply. You must give me the number of the charm school you attended.

Who exactly do you expect QPR to have playing in midfield?

---'When's the last time he put a ball on to one of our centre forwards head from a wide midfield position ?, that is his job on the football pitch after all.'

No, hes currently being played with a license to drift inside, using his pace for the long ball down the middle as well as being asked to back up defensive duties in midfield. Hes not being asked to be a winger/geta cross in/ type of player at all.

---'Not good enough, he's just not competent at this level, he cant have a ( positive ) influence on a match at this level, he hasnt got the technical skills, "he put a shift in" "he worked hard" that's as good as it gets with him & its a long way away from being good enough. '

Maybe hes playing because he works hard. The same has been said of Mackie(whom had a poorer game today). If SWP had missed that chance today, he would have been crucified by now. To play SWPs role, surely hard work is needed to cover all the bases.

Im not saying hes fantastic, but there have been worse players every week, yet hes the one constantly berated.

Whatever you think of them 3 top managers have played him, so excuse me if i take your and others constant tirade as 'absolute bol locks'.

4 beers down the hatch & IO guarantee that will read as big a load of bo llocks tommorrow morning when I sober up & read it as it does right now.
SWP again. on 20:56 - Dec 15 with 445 viewsSuffolk

SWP again. on 19:23 - Dec 15 by QPR_ARG

SWP again. on 20:59 - Dec 15 with 439 viewsBrightonhoop

He's improving under 'arry, He was getting worse under Hughes. I know which I prefer.
SWP again. on 21:00 - Dec 15 with 435 viewshoopstilidie

SWP again. on 20:51 - Dec 15 by klr

4 beers down the hatch & IO guarantee that will read as big a load of bo llocks tommorrow morning when I sober up & read it as it does right now.

Perhaps you should avoid adult sized portions til you can handle them.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

SWP again. on 21:04 - Dec 15 with 561 viewsklr

SWP again. on 21:00 - Dec 15 by hoopstilidie

Perhaps you should avoid adult sized portions til you can handle them.

If I was sober I would think SWP is a good football player ?

Jesus wept, I'm off down the offie for a four pack of Super Kestrel

Somebody please save me from this alcoholic oblivion, its addled my brain so much its made me think Shaun Weight-Phillips cant play football!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024