Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No official news on Liam Cullen’s injury 18:59 - Sep 5 with 4584 viewsKeithHaynes

Strange.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

No official news on Liam Cullen’s injury on 19:14 - Sep 5 with 2474 viewsmax936

You smelling something fishy regarding Tenby's Messi?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

No official news on Liam Cullen’s injury on 19:17 - Sep 5 with 2466 viewsKeithHaynes

No official news on Liam Cullen’s injury on 19:14 - Sep 5 by max936

You smelling something fishy regarding Tenby's Messi?

Seems a bit odd, Wales haven’t mentioned him nor the Swans. Unless I’ve missed something.

No official news on Liam Cullen’s injury on 19:25 - Sep 5 with 2437 viewsvetchonian

contractitis apparently

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

No official news on Liam Cullen’s injury on 19:30 - Sep 5 with 2425 viewsWhiterockin

I just wonder if the club blocked a move late in the window.
No official news on Liam Cullen’s injury on 19:58 - Sep 5 with 2367 viewsmax936

No official news on Liam Cullen’s injury on 19:25 - Sep 5 by vetchonian

contractitis apparently

You can get antibiotics for that mun

No official news on Liam Cullen’s injury on 20:06 - Sep 5 with 2347 viewsDr_Winston

Either he wasn't injured at all, or it wasn't serious enough to warrant a mention.

I'd plump for the latter given the choice. As much as I despair that he's apparently a serious option for us this season despite one obvious and one potentially better player being packed off on loan, he doesn't seem the type to kick off in that way.

My main concern is he might actually get a bumper new contract because he's one of the few Williams likes, then we end up stuck with him if Williams doesn't buck his ideas up and gets the chop.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

No official news on Liam Cullen’s injury on 20:11 - Sep 5 with 2329 viewsKeithHaynes

You just would have thought if a Swansea club player is called up for Wales then that player when injured would either be commented on by Wales or Swansea or those close to him would pass on any news.

I really can’t see him playing games though. Why would he jeopardise his club and country selection ?

This post has been edited by an administrator

No official news on Liam Cullen’s injury on 21:05 - Sep 5 with 2222 viewsDJack

As soon as I heard he was missing from our last game I thought he's doing what he has seen other players do here. Rightly or wrongly he's trying to force the issue. To my mind he's not good enough for our main striker but as he bleeds black and white a conract as a backup striker, at the appropriate renumeration, is worth the risk.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Login to get fewer ads

No official news on Liam Cullen’s injury on 22:07 - Sep 5 with 2110 viewsRichardO

He took two hits on the ankle against Wycombe the first he tried to shake off the second he looked uncomfortable after. Cannot see the issue he didn't play against WBA, presuming the hit taken would need time to recover, ankle injuries can sometimes need time to come back from.
Why risk him with a international window giving him a chance to recover. He would know how strong the ankle is and would also seek the advise of the clubs medical staff, seems he is doing what is best for the club and himself while keeping his head down. Why would the club advertise the extent of the injury to other club so they target him on his return?
No official news on Liam Cullen’s injury on 22:11 - Sep 5 with 2096 viewsSullutaCreturned

No official news on Liam Cullen’s injury on 22:07 - Sep 5 by RichardO

He took two hits on the ankle against Wycombe the first he tried to shake off the second he looked uncomfortable after. Cannot see the issue he didn't play against WBA, presuming the hit taken would need time to recover, ankle injuries can sometimes need time to come back from.
Why risk him with a international window giving him a chance to recover. He would know how strong the ankle is and would also seek the advise of the clubs medical staff, seems he is doing what is best for the club and himself while keeping his head down. Why would the club advertise the extent of the injury to other club so they target him on his return?

If they know it's his ankle, that's all they need anyway.
No official news on Liam Cullen’s injury on 22:46 - Sep 5 with 2053 viewsRichardO

No official news on Liam Cullen’s injury on 22:11 - Sep 5 by SullutaCreturned

If they know it's his ankle, that's all they need anyway.

Yeah I know, there is keeping your fans informed but their is giving a bit too much information away to other clubs making us a open book to read.
No official news on Liam Cullen’s injury on 23:41 - Sep 5 with 2009 viewsmax936

No official news on Liam Cullen’s injury on 22:46 - Sep 5 by RichardO

Yeah I know, there is keeping your fans informed but their is giving a bit too much information away to other clubs making us a open book to read.

It'll all come out in the wash as they say, lets see what happens a week Saturday.

No official news on Liam Cullen’s injury on 09:25 - Sep 6 with 1854 viewsFireboy2

No official news on Liam Cullen’s injury on 23:41 - Sep 5 by max936

It'll all come out in the wash as they say, lets see what happens a week Saturday.

Told ya something was amiss 😉
No official news on Liam Cullen’s injury on 10:08 - Sep 6 with 1816 viewsKeithHaynes

I think we should just concentrate on the basics. When a player is injured they withdraw from international duty after an assessment of the injury by the country and club. Then an announcement is made. That’s protocol. Nothing to do with giving away anything. Just a simple in or out.

No official news on Liam Cullen’s injury on 10:14 - Sep 6 with 1800 viewsWhiterockin

Williams quote on the BBC website.

31 August 2024
Luke Williams played down concerns over the fitness of Liam Cullen after he missed Swansea City's 1-0 defeat by West Bromwich Albion.

The striker was left out of the away side's squad for the Championship fixture at The Hawthorns due to an ankle injury.

But Swans head coach Williams does not expect Cullen to be on the sidelines for long.

"He picked up an injury in the last game," said Williams.

"He tried to train but it was too painful.

"We had the scan and it revealed a small injury that shouldn't take too long to recover from.

"We're expecting him back after the international break."

Cullen was included in Craig Bellamy's Wales squad for the Nations League matches against Turkey and Montenegro during the international break.

It's up to individuals if they believe it or not, personally i believe it to be true.
No official news on Liam Cullen’s injury on 10:24 - Sep 6 with 1769 viewsKeithHaynes

Last Saturday.
We had information it was purely an injury. But since then nothing.

No official news on Liam Cullen’s injury on 11:01 - Sep 6 with 1701 viewsRichardO

No official news on Liam Cullen’s injury on 10:08 - Sep 6 by KeithHaynes

I think we should just concentrate on the basics. When a player is injured they withdraw from international duty after an assessment of the injury by the country and club. Then an announcement is made. That’s protocol. Nothing to do with giving away anything. Just a simple in or out.

If teams are run properly they should be making an assessment of the opposition and it players before games.Who are playing come out an hour before so they can adjust their formation to suit with the players they have announced,with preparations they have previously worked on. When managers give honest answers to the media questions I do think things are given away, nothing wrong with a little deception and misdirection, Cullen's injury is understandable given his on the pitch reactions.
In the case of international call ups and dropouts then the media is given information that are felt necessary to give to be fair to all concern, the players and teams, squad have to be announced surely.
No official news on Liam Cullen’s injury on 12:50 - Sep 6 with 1613 viewsKeithHaynes

No official news on Liam Cullen’s injury on 11:01 - Sep 6 by RichardO

If teams are run properly they should be making an assessment of the opposition and it players before games.Who are playing come out an hour before so they can adjust their formation to suit with the players they have announced,with preparations they have previously worked on. When managers give honest answers to the media questions I do think things are given away, nothing wrong with a little deception and misdirection, Cullen's injury is understandable given his on the pitch reactions.
In the case of international call ups and dropouts then the media is given information that are felt necessary to give to be fair to all concern, the players and teams, squad have to be announced surely.

It’s protocol, I’ve never ever seen or heard of a secretive withdrawal from international duty. Apart from the fact that based on Williams initial statement it wasn’t serious, there’s nothing to gain by being secretive.

Nothing to do I’m afraid Richard with giving anything away, just he’s unavailable, slight knock, end of chat.

No official news on Liam Cullen’s injury on 13:22 - Sep 6 with 1572 viewsswan65split

Returned to the club from wales duty, injured.......luckily we sent out 2 strikers on loan.
No official news on Liam Cullen’s injury on 13:26 - Sep 6 with 1550 viewsKeithHaynes

No official news on Liam Cullen’s injury on 13:22 - Sep 6 by swan65split

Returned to the club from wales duty, injured.......luckily we sent out 2 strikers on loan.

Did he even go ?

He may well have, but this hasn’t been well handled by the FAW or the Swans.
Scrambling around to give an impression that’s latest news where we have now been told it was after a medical assessment on Monday. People asking questions has resulted in this hastily arranged news from the FAW. Why give the impression he withdrew today. We’ve been told it’s BS by good quality Wales journalists. Anyone got a picture from any source on his training this week ?

This post has been edited by an administrator

No official news on Liam Cullen’s injury on 13:45 - Sep 6 with 1501 viewsWhiterockin

Updated from the club website an hour ago. The mystery thickens.

"A number of players – including Ben Cabango, Ollie Cooper, Liam Cullen, Jisung Eom, Zan Vipotnik and Lawrence Vigouroux – are away with their respective countries during the international break."

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/luke-williams-international-break-chance-nail-d
No official news on Liam Cullen’s injury on 13:53 - Sep 6 with 1472 viewsKeithHaynes

No official news on Liam Cullen’s injury on 13:45 - Sep 6 by Whiterockin

Updated from the club website an hour ago. The mystery thickens.

"A number of players – including Ben Cabango, Ollie Cooper, Liam Cullen, Jisung Eom, Zan Vipotnik and Lawrence Vigouroux – are away with their respective countries during the international break."

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/luke-williams-international-break-chance-nail-d

That’s fine, but nothing on Liam whatsoever and his Wales involvement earlier this week.

The club and its PR is a shambles.

No official news on Liam Cullen’s injury on 13:59 - Sep 6 with 1460 viewsWhiterockin

No official news on Liam Cullen’s injury on 13:53 - Sep 6 by KeithHaynes

That’s fine, but nothing on Liam whatsoever and his Wales involvement earlier this week.

The club and its PR is a shambles.

Totally agree, you know my thoughts on the communications between owners, club and supporters.
No official news on Liam Cullen’s injury on 17:15 - Sep 6 with 1260 viewsonehunglow

No official news on Liam Cullen’s injury on 13:59 - Sep 6 by Whiterockin

Totally agree, you know my thoughts on the communications between owners, club and supporters.

We really do need change from top to bottom.
It matters not who comes on,Insuppose as the owners will bugger things up.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

No official news on Liam Cullen’s injury on 18:00 - Sep 6 with 1203 viewsWhiterockin

No official news on Liam Cullen’s injury on 17:15 - Sep 6 by onehunglow

We really do need change from top to bottom.
It matters not who comes on,Insuppose as the owners will bugger things up.

I think it depends if they want to get the supporters back onside or not, which they are not doing a very good job of at the moment. We need to all be pulling in the same direction to be successful, the supporters I speak to feel the club are falling way short, particularly in supporter engagement and forward planning. A
fans forum when they talk for 30 minutes and say nothing is not supporter engagement. Coleman was supposed to have 1-2-1s with supporters, have any of these been communicated to supporters or even taken place.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024