Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Williams : ‘We were appalling, I will not accept that’ Peart-Harris ? 08:00 - Aug 29 with 3803 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62877/

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Luke Williams : ‘We were appalling, I will not accept that’ Peart-Harris ? on 08:09 - Aug 29 with 2594 viewsDr_Winston

I guess we're seeing why his only managerial success came in non League at a Notts County with a budget almost as big as Wrexham's.

He's got no right to criticise the players. He's the one who picked the team. He's the one demanding pace and intensity whilst AGAIN selecting a midfield pairing that has never provided any such thing and hanging a kid out to dry in the wrong position.

We can't be far off him dropping references to a "lack of backing". Might as well go right through his mentor's playbook.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Luke Williams : ‘We were appalling, I will not accept that’ Peart-Harris ? on 08:12 - Aug 29 with 2571 viewsonehunglow

Luke Williams : ‘We were appalling, I will not accept that’ Peart-Harris ? on 08:09 - Aug 29 by Dr_Winston

I guess we're seeing why his only managerial success came in non League at a Notts County with a budget almost as big as Wrexham's.

He's got no right to criticise the players. He's the one who picked the team. He's the one demanding pace and intensity whilst AGAIN selecting a midfield pairing that has never provided any such thing and hanging a kid out to dry in the wrong position.

We can't be far off him dropping references to a "lack of backing". Might as well go right through his mentor's playbook.

It’s an example of more vacuous words from one who thinks he is better than he really is .
We have been here before
He is as meaningless as his words
That was his team
That was his tactics
That was his captain out there implementing the “ tactics”
He has not a clue what to do
[Post edited 29 Aug 8:13]

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Luke Williams : ‘We were appalling, I will not accept that’ Peart-Harris ? on 08:46 - Aug 29 with 2449 viewsGVJack

No Luke, WE will not accept that. You've mainly brought in attacking minded players this summer. Start attacking. If your midfield is the problem (it is BTW) then change them ASAP, including skipper Grimes . 2 days left, you need two new midfielders in now who can play heads up football and create openings as an immediate ans TOP priority
Luke Williams : ‘We were appalling, I will not accept that’ Peart-Harris ? on 08:51 - Aug 29 with 2427 viewsswan65split

He saw an improvement oin the second half?!!!!!

we are doomed.
Luke Williams : ‘We were appalling, I will not accept that’ Peart-Harris ? on 08:51 - Aug 29 with 2426 viewsYrAlarch

I was hoping before the match that Williams would rest our 'Captain' thus giving us the opportunity to see the team dynamics without his presence.
Unfortunately that was not to be.
To see him twice bottle out of taking a shot on goal, on his favoured left foot, was absolutely depressing.
I hate to say it but I almost hope he gets injured so Williams would have no option but to omit him.
Luke Williams : ‘We were appalling, I will not accept that’ Peart-Harris ? on 09:04 - Aug 29 with 2358 viewsDr_Winston

Luke Williams : ‘We were appalling, I will not accept that’ Peart-Harris ? on 08:51 - Aug 29 by YrAlarch

I was hoping before the match that Williams would rest our 'Captain' thus giving us the opportunity to see the team dynamics without his presence.
Unfortunately that was not to be.
To see him twice bottle out of taking a shot on goal, on his favoured left foot, was absolutely depressing.
I hate to say it but I almost hope he gets injured so Williams would have no option but to omit him.

You could almost assume that Grimes has invested in a bot farm if the response to the idea of dropping him can be believed on Twitter.

The accounts are almost identical. All males aged around 17-30, all responding with some variation on "he's our best/most important player", all happy to provide links to stats websites backing that idea up. They'd have been lost before the likes of WhoScored.com existed.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Luke Williams : ‘We were appalling, I will not accept that’ Peart-Harris ? on 09:48 - Aug 29 with 2151 viewsunion_jack

Luke Williams : ‘We were appalling, I will not accept that’ Peart-Harris ? on 08:09 - Aug 29 by Dr_Winston

He has every right to criticise his players so long as he doesn’t absolve himself of any responsibility. I’ve not had the patience to listen to what he had to say but if he’s laying the blame solely on the players then I’m afraid he’s going to hear more than a few muttering of discontent.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Luke Williams : ‘We were appalling, I will not accept that’ Peart-Harris ? on 09:54 - Aug 29 with 2124 viewsGVJack

Luke Williams : ‘We were appalling, I will not accept that’ Peart-Harris ? on 09:48 - Aug 29 by union_jack

He has every right to criticise his players so long as he doesn’t absolve himself of any responsibility. I’ve not had the patience to listen to what he had to say but if he’s laying the blame solely on the players then I’m afraid he’s going to hear more than a few muttering of discontent.

Agree, the buck stops with him. This is a results business and his job will be on the line if we play like we did yesterday over the next 2 months.

We will see, if he's a stubborn (I know best) managers and stick with the same players/tactics (although I appreciate there were a number of first choice players missing from the starting line up last night) or if he's pragmatic, and can see where he's making mistakes and correcting them before it's too late.
Login to get fewer ads

Luke Williams : ‘We were appalling, I will not accept that’ Peart-Harris ? on 10:00 - Aug 29 with 2094 viewsYrAlarch

Luke Williams : ‘We were appalling, I will not accept that’ Peart-Harris ? on 09:04 - Aug 29 by Dr_Winston

You could almost assume that Grimes has invested in a bot farm if the response to the idea of dropping him can be believed on Twitter.

The accounts are almost identical. All males aged around 17-30, all responding with some variation on "he's our best/most important player", all happy to provide links to stats websites backing that idea up. They'd have been lost before the likes of WhoScored.com existed.

Yes. The only statistic of any relevance was:
Swansea City 0 goals;
Wycombe Wanderers 1 goal.
Luke Williams : ‘We were appalling, I will not accept that’ Peart-Harris ? on 10:04 - Aug 29 with 2077 viewsQJumpingJack

Luke needs help.
An experienced number 2 eg Colin Calderwood who Russ wanted two years ago.
Luke Williams : ‘We were appalling, I will not accept that’ Peart-Harris ? on 10:13 - Aug 29 with 2046 viewsmax936

Luke Williams : ‘We were appalling, I will not accept that’ Peart-Harris ? on 08:51 - Aug 29 by swan65split

we are doomed.

He put his rose tinted contact lenses in then, we were actually worse in that second half no organisation no method and totally clueless.

Your team Lukey Boi OWN IT!

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Luke Williams : ‘We were appalling, I will not accept that’ Peart-Harris ? on 10:16 - Aug 29 with 2018 viewsLuther27

Luke Williams : ‘We were appalling, I will not accept that’ Peart-Harris ? on 10:04 - Aug 29 by QJumpingJack

Luke needs help.

If he needs help we need a new manager.
Last nights performance was unacceptable against an injury ravaged lower division team. His excuses are becoming monotonous and predictable.

Blog: Grenfell Tower

Luke Williams : ‘We were appalling, I will not accept that’ Peart-Harris ? on 10:18 - Aug 29 with 2003 viewsonehunglow

Luke Williams : ‘We were appalling, I will not accept that’ Peart-Harris ? on 10:04 - Aug 29 by QJumpingJack

Luke needs help.

Not sure about help.
He needs something

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Luke Williams : ‘We were appalling, I will not accept that’ Peart-Harris ? on 10:20 - Aug 29 with 1988 viewsmax936

Luke Williams : ‘We were appalling, I will not accept that’ Peart-Harris ? on 10:18 - Aug 29 by onehunglow

Not sure about help.
He needs something

He looked very smart in his sporting jacket and chino's mun!

I think he had his mind on a shindig down on Wind St than the game!

Luke Williams : ‘We were appalling, I will not accept that’ Peart-Harris ? on 10:22 - Aug 29 with 1971 viewsThurrockJack92

He has been backed, it is now up to him to use them effectively. It was clear from the first game that the pairing in the centre slows our team down and costs us effectiveness in the final third. Fulton and Grimes should never play together no matter the circumstance. It would be better to blood a youngster, nothing to lose considering we would lose anyway.
Luke Williams : ‘We were appalling, I will not accept that’ Peart-Harris ? on 10:24 - Aug 29 with 1954 viewsQJumpingJack

The players don't seem fit (compared to the opposition) and didn't they come back extra early?
Luke Williams : ‘We were appalling, I will not accept that’ Peart-Harris ? on 10:48 - Aug 29 with 1842 viewsraynor94

Literally a thrown together team where most hadn't played together before.

I did post on the matchday thread we should play a strong team win and gain confidence.

We are only 3 games in and an international break after Saturday, tiredness can't be an excuse, we are now going up against one of the strongest teams in the league, with confidence on the floor

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Luke Williams : ‘We were appalling, I will not accept that’ Peart-Harris ? on 10:55 - Aug 29 with 1804 viewsmax936

Luke Williams : ‘We were appalling, I will not accept that’ Peart-Harris ? on 10:48 - Aug 29 by raynor94

I did post on the matchday thread we should play a strong team win and gain confidence.

We are only 3 games in and an international break after Saturday, tiredness can't be an excuse, we are now going up against one of the strongest teams in the league, with confidence on the floor

Just as give Saturday up just hope its not to painful, its not gonna define our season, fortnight for Luck Boi to get them sorted mini preseason just hope we aren't losing to many to international duty, not that I can see any with the qualities needed to play International football, quite laughable really.

Luke Williams : ‘We were appalling, I will not accept that’ Peart-Harris ? on 11:29 - Aug 29 with 1717 viewsunion_jack

Luke Williams : ‘We were appalling, I will not accept that’ Peart-Harris ? on 10:48 - Aug 29 by raynor94

Rayns, I don’t think even the first team would have won. There was a distinct lack of energy and desire that I think may be running through the entire squad. They just didn’t want it.

If anything, the team we put out last night should have been busting a gut to impress.

I’m not sure LW has the tactical ability to make a successful team at this level but I’m more concerned that he doesn't have enough ability to influence or motivate players and get the best out of them. Attitude is a huge part of sport and it doesn’t matter how good you are, your attitude needs to be turned up to 10 in a competitive situation.

Luke Williams : ‘We were appalling, I will not accept that’ Peart-Harris ? on 11:39 - Aug 29 with 1693 viewsraynor94

Luke Williams : ‘We were appalling, I will not accept that’ Peart-Harris ? on 11:29 - Aug 29 by union_jack

Rayns, I don’t think even the first team would have won. There was a distinct lack of energy and desire that I think may be running through the entire squad. They just didn’t want it.

If anything, the team we put out last night should have been busting a gut to impress.

I’m not sure LW has the tactical ability to make a successful team at this level but I’m more concerned that he doesn't have enough ability to influence or motivate players and get the best out of them. Attitude is a huge part of sport and it doesn’t matter how good you are, your attitude needs to be turned up to 10 in a competitive situation.

He's certainly going to come under pressure this weekend.

A vastly energetic and tactical display is the minimum requirement

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Luke Williams : ‘We were appalling, I will not accept that’ Peart-Harris ? on 11:42 - Aug 29 with 1681 viewsmagicdaps10

Luke Williams : ‘We were appalling, I will not accept that’ Peart-Harris ? on 08:51 - Aug 29 by swan65split

we are doomed.

He had to say that because there was(very little though).
He doesn't want to throw the players under the bus totally in public, many would be moaning on here if he did as they are with this press release.

There would be plenty of choice words said yesterday and today for sure.
The next 36hrs highlight a need for a no 10, left footed winger and Striker and he said yesterday after the goalkeeper signing that he still wants a few more.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Luke Williams : ‘We were appalling, I will not accept that’ Peart-Harris ? on 11:48 - Aug 29 with 1654 viewsunion_jack

Luke Williams : ‘We were appalling, I will not accept that’ Peart-Harris ? on 11:42 - Aug 29 by magicdaps10

He doesn't want to throw the players under the bus totally in public, many would be moaning on here if he did as they are with this press release.

The next 36hrs highlight a need for a no 10, left footed winger and Striker and he said yesterday after the goalkeeper signing that he still wants a few more.

Some good points there and ones I agree with re the public facing side.

He may well say he wants more but I don’t think he’ll get anything near it. This will allow him to make the excuse that he wasn’t backed properly if/when it all goes TU.

Luke Williams : ‘We were appalling, I will not accept that’ Peart-Harris ? on 12:14 - Aug 29 with 1529 viewsRichardO

Luke Williams : ‘We were appalling, I will not accept that’ Peart-Harris ? on 11:42 - Aug 29 by magicdaps10

If you don't get the ball up the park quick enough how to you expect to put press on teams. No pressure on Wycombe, they didn't have to do a lot to stop any forward momentum we did that all by ourselves.
Luke Williams : ‘We were appalling, I will not accept that’ Peart-Harris ? on 12:16 - Aug 29 with 1548 viewsARQS

The problem is the same as it has been for years.

When we are given some space, particularly down the wings, we look relatively effective and dangerous.

However, when teams sit back and make us take the game to them, we are clueless. This seems to be because our wingers have very little guile or end product and so the chances of a good cross from a 'difficult' position (i.e. not a simple pull back from the by line) are next to zero.

We also have very little creativity in the middle. The Grimes/Fulton discussion has been done to death and everyone except our managers knows that this produces nothing. Our 'Number 10s' have mainly been dreadful over the years, aside from Ntcham or Paterson's 1 good game in 4.

Our strikers are then generally lightweight with no real physical attributes of any note (strength. aerial ability, pace) which means unless the ball is put on a plate for them (which it rarely is - see above), we may as well be playing with 10 men.

Unless this is sorted out, we are doomed to watch various awkward centre halves clumsily bringing the ball out of the back, usually with some involvement from Grimes, at best boring us all to tears with the sheer ineffectiveness of it all or, at worst, gifting the opposition chances with their donkery.

Happy times.
Luke Williams : ‘We were appalling, I will not accept that’ Peart-Harris ? on 12:18 - Aug 29 with 1537 viewsswan65split

Luke Williams : ‘We were appalling, I will not accept that’ Peart-Harris ? on 11:39 - Aug 29 by raynor94

He's certainly going to come under pressure this weekend.

A vastly energetic and tactical display is the minimum requirement

He looked a bit under pressure, or shell shocked in that after match video!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024