Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
‘Swansea will never be a big club and if they are honest with themselves they 09:00 - Aug 22 with 4500 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62826/

😂 click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
‘Swansea will never be a big club and if they are honest with themselves they on 18:12 - Aug 28 with 158 viewssons_of_omri

‘Swansea will never be a big club and if they are honest with themselves they on 14:04 - Aug 25 by Tummer_from_Texas

Bigger fanbase can also be measured by worldwide support, and perhaps even worldwide awareness. Swansea City's 7 consecutive seasons at the top moved them ahead of CC, and most of us have remained loyal (almost defiantly so) since the sad day the Swans were sadly relegated, and us "bandwagoners" were expected to jump off the sinking ship.

In America, we don't have fans all over the place, but there is a small cult standing that remains today. When I wear my Swans shirt around town an occasional fellow Jack (or at least an admirer of the club) identifies themselves to me. I can honestly say however that I've never in my life met more than one single Bluebird in Texas.

On the grand scale, we can measure international support/awareness in terms of followers on X. Of course, I'm not saying this is the end all, be all deciding factor which determines who is the bigger club, but here is where it currently stands on that platform:

Cardiff City - 399K (a typical number for a Championship club)
Swansea City - 1 million
[Post edited 25 Aug 14:12]

We definitely have the higher profile both in Europe and worldwide . Even probably in Malaysia . It was telling that when Cardiff equalised their whole side and fans celebrated like they’d won the league. So much for it being our “cup final”.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024