Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City The genuine facts on this summer’s transfer problems. 08:00 - Aug 17 with 3152 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62795/

The reasons, or part of the reasoning ? Click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City The genuine facts on this summer’s transfer problems. on 08:23 - Aug 17 with 2364 viewspete

As good as it is the article in my opinion does not take into account that our on the ground here chairman has stated planning was well ahead of where it should be and targets found, if planning was so far ahead why was/is not the financial planning on a simular situation?
Every manager swansea have had has been let down by the U S A owners and this window is no different, you can see L W attitude has changed in his press meetings he cannot be happy as would you or ,i promises broken yet again , how is it teams with HUGE debt go and still bring in quality high priced guys ?and i am not saying we should , but sorry but for me these current usa owners have not done the club any favours and what an article to put out just before the first home game, sorry to say but unless they invest a lot more it div 1 here we come
Swansea City The genuine facts on this summer’s transfer problems. on 08:26 - Aug 17 with 2321 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City The genuine facts on this summer’s transfer problems. on 08:23 - Aug 17 by pete

As good as it is the article in my opinion does not take into account that our on the ground here chairman has stated planning was well ahead of where it should be and targets found, if planning was so far ahead why was/is not the financial planning on a simular situation?
Every manager swansea have had has been let down by the U S A owners and this window is no different, you can see L W attitude has changed in his press meetings he cannot be happy as would you or ,i promises broken yet again , how is it teams with HUGE debt go and still bring in quality high priced guys ?and i am not saying we should , but sorry but for me these current usa owners have not done the club any favours and what an article to put out just before the first home game, sorry to say but unless they invest a lot more it div 1 here we come

We are run on a shoestring
It is inevitable we return to the fourth level.
Nothing is more certain.
At least some fans can then sit where they want and maybe even stroll along five mins to ko.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City The genuine facts on this summer’s transfer problems. on 08:29 - Aug 17 with 2346 viewsBoundy

Swansea City The genuine facts on this summer’s transfer problems. on 08:26 - Aug 17 by onehunglow

We are run on a shoestring
It is inevitable we return to the fourth level.
Nothing is more certain.
At least some fans can then sit where they want and maybe even stroll along five mins to ko.

I remember the gates being open at half time to allow any man walking his dog free entry, god forbid we head back in that direction .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea City The genuine facts on this summer’s transfer problems. on 08:44 - Aug 17 with 2278 viewsfbreath

Swansea City The genuine facts on this summer’s transfer problems. on 08:23 - Aug 17 by pete

Chairman talks a good job but hopes people will forget things said a few months ago.

He doesn’t know football supporters very well.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Swansea City The genuine facts on this summer’s transfer problems. on 08:56 - Aug 17 with 2249 viewsmagicdaps10

This isn't really a good reflection on them.

Why spend so much time in even talking with Campbell knowing we can't compete with wages....talking to him isn't going to convince him like we are holding a bunch of magic beans.

The Ott situation is different, we were able to afford the 1M transfer fee and his wage well within budget.....the club just didn't factor in that he was not going to obtain a work permit and wasn't ticking off one of the requirements to allow him to take one of the non WP quotas.

Regardless off budgets, it was told they would be working harder, wiser and working the globe.
When doing this work then work within the bleeding budget before approaching agents and players.

It's hardly rocket science just sound planning and hard work.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea City The genuine facts on this summer’s transfer problems. on 09:20 - Aug 17 with 2168 viewsKeithHaynes

Didn’t hear about the work permit situation, but you could well have better information, however, the agent the Swans came up against tried it on and the Swans did walk away as a result. I have to add though Daps, the fee wasn’t that much of an issue because it was early in the window. Now it would be.,

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62585/gautier-ott-signin

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City The genuine facts on this summer’s transfer problems. on 10:32 - Aug 17 with 1908 viewsunion_jack

I’m still of the belief that Martin Morgan and maybe a consortium around him will take over the club again in the future. It may be a stipulation that the Balance Sheet is healthy before it happens.

This is a hunch and based on zero information I must add.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City The genuine facts on this summer’s transfer problems. on 10:36 - Aug 17 with 1902 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City The genuine facts on this summer’s transfer problems. on 10:32 - Aug 17 by union_jack

I’m still of the belief that Martin Morgan and maybe a consortium around him will take over the club again in the future. It may be a stipulation that the Balance Sheet is healthy before it happens.

This is a hunch and based on zero information I must add.

Maybe they would have already had other factors at other clubs not occurred.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City The genuine facts on this summer’s transfer problems. on 10:39 - Aug 17 with 1875 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City The genuine facts on this summer’s transfer problems. on 10:36 - Aug 17 by KeithHaynes

Maybe they would have already had other factors at other clubs not occurred.

What factors are those Keith?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City The genuine facts on this summer’s transfer problems. on 10:39 - Aug 17 with 1882 viewsdobjack2

Lack of experience and naivety perhaps on one side and American bs on the other.

I suspect that we have mainly looked overseas as the UK based players that could improve the team would want more than £6,500 a week to come here.

How many players are looking to run down their contracts or actively look for a move for next season?

At this rate we'll be one of the best run clubs in League 1 before too long.
Swansea City The genuine facts on this summer’s transfer problems. on 10:47 - Aug 17 with 1824 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City The genuine facts on this summer’s transfer problems. on 10:39 - Aug 17 by union_jack

What factors are those Keith?

I can’t say anything more.

But it could be easily worked out.

Swansea City The genuine facts on this summer’s transfer problems. on 10:48 - Aug 17 with 1818 viewsLuther27

And no doubt Cole will be in the bar at an away match buying a few drinks for the few fans there and saying what a great bunch Swans fans are.
Every transfer window is a cut and paste job of the previous. Then again last January window was unparalleled even by their standards.

Blog: Grenfell Tower

Swansea City The genuine facts on this summer’s transfer problems. on 10:49 - Aug 17 with 1791 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City The genuine facts on this summer’s transfer problems. on 10:48 - Aug 17 by Luther27

And no doubt Cole will be in the bar at an away match buying a few drinks for the few fans there and saying what a great bunch Swans fans are.
Every transfer window is a cut and paste job of the previous. Then again last January window was unparalleled even by their standards.

The one before 😂

Swansea City The genuine facts on this summer’s transfer problems. on 10:53 - Aug 17 with 1748 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City The genuine facts on this summer’s transfer problems. on 10:39 - Aug 17 by dobjack2

Lack of experience and naivety perhaps on one side and American bs on the other.

I suspect that we have mainly looked overseas as the UK based players that could improve the team would want more than £6,500 a week to come here.

How many players are looking to run down their contracts or actively look for a move for next season?

At this rate we'll be one of the best run clubs in League 1 before too long.

There are only so many overseas players you are allowed to bring in. Add to that British based players normally want more money to come here not less due to our location, often players can change clubs in central England without actually moving. The whole lack of football knowledge and experience is hitting us hard. You can have a plan but if it is flawed you are doomed to fail. Nobody can deny, except one, since the Americans took control 8 years ago we have been on a downward spiral and there is no sign of it coming to an end.
[Post edited 17 Aug 10:55]
Swansea City The genuine facts on this summer’s transfer problems. on 11:07 - Aug 17 with 1663 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City The genuine facts on this summer’s transfer problems. on 09:20 - Aug 17 by KeithHaynes

Didn’t hear about the work permit situation, but you could well have better information, however, the agent the Swans came up against tried it on and the Swans did walk away as a result. I have to add though Daps, the fee wasn’t that much of an issue because it was early in the window. Now it would be.,

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62585/gautier-ott-signin

The initial payment was low so no worry, it was wrong to mention the 1M because that fee was further down the road with add ons.

It shouldn't have got to the point of agents because he was never getting a WP or passing the criteria to even come in as a non WP player like Ronald and Eom did.

That was an absolute clusterfook.

Swansea City The genuine facts on this summer’s transfer problems. on 11:12 - Aug 17 with 1625 viewsAnotherJohn

Swansea City The genuine facts on this summer’s transfer problems. on 11:07 - Aug 17 by magicdaps10

The initial payment was low so no worry, it was wrong to mention the 1M because that fee was further down the road with add ons.

It shouldn't have got to the point of agents because he was never getting a WP or passing the criteria to even come in as a non WP player like Ronald and Eom did.

The OP is right to suggest we are unlikely to sign many of our first choice targets. However, I also wonder about how the tough agents will fare, because there are only so many places available in EPL and EFL squads and many players on their books are going to be priced out of the market. I would expect to see quite a few casting around in desperation as the window closes, so there may be some bargains at that stage.
Swansea City The genuine facts on this summer’s transfer problems. on 11:24 - Aug 17 with 1561 viewsDr_Winston

Here in this thread you have some classic examples of what is wrong with the modern football fan, and unfortunately a lot of ours whom our Premier League run somehow convinced that we should be spending millions every window.

The same people whining about us trying to live within our means or on a "shoestring" would undoubtedly be the first ones to complain if we cop a points deduction for breaking FFP rules. Whiny, spoilt, entitled children who want everything their own way.

Doing things differently used to be a badge of honour around here. We played our way to the Premier League by being smarter than the clubs around us. Clubs with significantly bigger budgets. Now apparently it's unacceptable to even try it.

Better if the club stopped even trying to communicate with these people.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City The genuine facts on this summer’s transfer problems. on 11:50 - Aug 17 with 1466 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City The genuine facts on this summer’s transfer problems. on 11:24 - Aug 17 by Dr_Winston

Here in this thread you have some classic examples of what is wrong with the modern football fan, and unfortunately a lot of ours whom our Premier League run somehow convinced that we should be spending millions every window.

The same people whining about us trying to live within our means or on a "shoestring" would undoubtedly be the first ones to complain if we cop a points deduction for breaking FFP rules. Whiny, spoilt, entitled children who want everything their own way.

Doing things differently used to be a badge of honour around here. We played our way to the Premier League by being smarter than the clubs around us. Clubs with significantly bigger budgets. Now apparently it's unacceptable to even try it.

I think most posts on here are fair and not really calling for us to spend money that's not available.
We all know the limitations that we as many clubs in this league have! I think it's just a case of frustration from some that words from within the club have materialised to the level of F all once again.

People are getting fed up of hearing false promises and words not being backed up.
The club has created trouble for themselves once again.

Swansea City The genuine facts on this summer’s transfer problems. on 13:18 - Aug 17 with 1262 viewsdobjack2

Swansea City The genuine facts on this summer’s transfer problems. on 11:24 - Aug 17 by Dr_Winston

The problem is overpromising and under delivering. To fans, certainly; managers probably and players possibly.

Cabango and Darling contracts are up at the end of the season. Are they going to sign new contracts or let them run down?
Swansea City The genuine facts on this summer’s transfer problems. on 13:24 - Aug 17 with 1243 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City The genuine facts on this summer’s transfer problems. on 13:18 - Aug 17 by dobjack2

The problem is overpromising and under delivering. To fans, certainly; managers probably and players possibly.

Cabango and Darling contracts are up at the end of the season. Are they going to sign new contracts or let them run down?

Why do they overpromise? Can you imagine the reaction if at the start of the Summer they said "We're only going to spend what we can raise in sales and salary savings"? How long do you think it would be before burning effigies of all involved were hanging from lamp posts near the stadium? Being quiet probably isn't an option either. People already moan if they don't say enough.

Frankly I'd prefer the honest approach. Few others would. Managing the expectations of people who don't have the slightest grasp or understanding of just how murderously expensive it is to run a Championship football club is probably one of the hardest jobs they've got.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City The genuine facts on this summer’s transfer problems. on 13:43 - Aug 17 with 1183 viewsdobjack2

Swansea City The genuine facts on this summer’s transfer problems. on 13:24 - Aug 17 by Dr_Winston

Why do they overpromise? Can you imagine the reaction if at the start of the Summer they said "We're only going to spend what we can raise in sales and salary savings"? How long do you think it would be before burning effigies of all involved were hanging from lamp posts near the stadium? Being quiet probably isn't an option either. People already moan if they don't say enough.

Frankly I'd prefer the honest approach. Few others would. Managing the expectations of people who don't have the slightest grasp or understanding of just how murderously expensive it is to run a Championship football club is probably one of the hardest jobs they've got.

I'd prefer honesty and realism as well, but they don't look as if they're on the table

The issue with under delivering on a regular basis is that over time you lose both season ticket holders and casual fans so that even more savings are required and get into a spiral.

The easiest way to become a millionaire is still being a billionaire and buying a football club.
Swansea City The genuine facts on this summer’s transfer problems. on 13:47 - Aug 17 with 1160 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City The genuine facts on this summer’s transfer problems. on 11:50 - Aug 17 by magicdaps10

I think most posts on here are fair and not really calling for us to spend money that's not available.
We all know the limitations that we as many clubs in this league have! I think it's just a case of frustration from some that words from within the club have materialised to the level of F all once again.

People are getting fed up of hearing false promises and words not being backed up.
The club has created trouble for themselves once again.

Fans have hopes and dreams .
Without them,it is pointless
It is all about the glory
Fans don’t have purse strings
Those that think they know exactly how to run a club like ours shouod have put their money where their gobs are
Fans supposed to be always rational,sensible and measured ? Just xxxx off . Utter garbage .
Fans have a duty to react and overreact.
The calm ,the business acumen ,the financial expertise is on the shoulders of those who own

Ours are lacking all three

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City The genuine facts on this summer’s transfer problems. on 13:48 - Aug 17 with 1162 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City The genuine facts on this summer’s transfer problems. on 13:43 - Aug 17 by dobjack2

I'd prefer honesty and realism as well, but they don't look as if they're on the table

The issue with under delivering on a regular basis is that over time you lose both season ticket holders and casual fans so that even more savings are required and get into a spiral.

The easiest way to become a millionaire is still being a billionaire and buying a football club.

No doubt.

It was easier last time because we built from nothing and expectations were adjusted accordingly. Now people seem to expect four or five £1m+ signings every window, and we just can't afford that. Eight figure sums are being effectively written off every six months just to keep us level whilst all the time people complain about the lack of "investment".

Personally I'd say there was still quite a bit of wastage in the wage bill. Grimes alone is earning at least double what he should be.

Swansea City The genuine facts on this summer’s transfer problems. on 13:51 - Aug 17 with 1151 viewsLuther27

I would very much prefer they stopped treating us as gullible in the first place. I’m far from a plastic I can assure you but when I look at the number of players moved on versus what’s come in then I’m entitled to voice my opinion.
One poster here….maybe yourself…said we are managing within budget regarding our playing staff but it’s expensive to run a football club. Well there’s no bloody hope then is there. As I suggested perhaps we should look for a productivity review in the boardroom itself.

Blog: Grenfell Tower

Swansea City The genuine facts on this summer’s transfer problems. on 13:57 - Aug 17 with 1121 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City The genuine facts on this summer’s transfer problems. on 11:07 - Aug 17 by magicdaps10

As I said the back story we stand by.

Your information wasn’t revealed to us 👍

Can’t know it all though. Cheers.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024