Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (pre & post match) 20:05 - Aug 3 with 25940 viewsModeratorC

Then opening game if then we 2024/25 season is upon us !

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62730/boro-fans-talk-abo

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62744/boro-v-swans-free-

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62745/boro-v-swans-team-

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62746/swans-lose-to-boro

This post has been edited by an administrator
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 09:33 - Aug 12 with 583 viewsEagleEye

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 14:36 - Aug 11 by vetchonian

the good thing is Luke has identified the issues lets hope he works on those and corrects them this week.
Actually refreshing to hear a manger say it as it is witjout blaming the ref the coach journey or hanging players out to dry.

Has he identified the issues though ?

He is right in that we need more players in (stating the bleeding obvious) but:

- Why does he continue to play Grimes & Fulton together ?
- Why does he think Cullen is a starter good enough for the Championship ?
- Why does he persist in letting Grimes drop so deep ?
- Why is he picking players out of position ?

He has clearly been let down by the rate of recruitment by the club. The new signings must be asking themselves what have they let themselves in for. I see his lack of passion uninspiring not refreshing
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 09:35 - Aug 12 with 576 viewsonehunglow

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (Updated Thurs) on 09:33 - Aug 12 by EagleEye

Has he identified the issues though ?

He is right in that we need more players in (stating the bleeding obvious) but:

- Why does he continue to play Grimes & Fulton together ?
- Why does he think Cullen is a starter good enough for the Championship ?
- Why does he persist in letting Grimes drop so deep ?
- Why is he picking players out of position ?

He has clearly been let down by the rate of recruitment by the club. The new signings must be asking themselves what have they let themselves in for. I see his lack of passion uninspiring not refreshing

He looks downbeat to me and not unlike Duffers
It’s possible he might walk sooner than some think .
Flipping owners are killing us

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (pre & post match) on 09:53 - Aug 12 with 545 viewsFireboy2

I honestly cannot believe the doom and gloom on here.

Yes we lost, yes it wasn't a scintillating performance that some people expect in every game we play.

But

We went away to a team we haven't beaten for a while with a paper thin squad, played well in the second half and probably deserved a draw.

There is a reason grimes and fulton are on the pitch together and that's the thin squad and injuries, the reason that cullen played is because we only signed Zan midweek and when abdullai is playing on one wing really should ringing people's alarm bells.

People need to come out from under that dark cloud and smell the coffee, we are a mid to low championship side with atm a paper thin squad and a few injuries, I'm certain it will get better but even if it does I don't expect us to challenge the top 6, I'm a realist, not a negative doom monger.
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (pre & post match) on 10:08 - Aug 12 with 538 viewsonehunglow

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (pre & post match) on 09:53 - Aug 12 by Fireboy2

Yes we lost, yes it wasn't a scintillating performance that some people expect in every game we play.

But

We went away to a team we haven't beaten for a while with a paper thin squad, played well in the second half and probably deserved a draw.

There is a reason grimes and fulton are on the pitch together and that's the thin squad and injuries, the reason that cullen played is because we only signed Zan midweek and when abdullai is playing on one wing really should ringing people's alarm bells.

People need to come out from under that dark cloud and smell the coffee, we are a mid to low championship side with atm a paper thin squad and a few injuries, I'm certain it will get better but even if it does I don't expect us to challenge the top 6, I'm a realist, not a negative doom monger.

Well,you’d better believe it because it’s how folk feel. You feel different but you know more than anyone how different people are .
You see it every day at work.
Many agree with you in some matters and then disagree on others
There is no logic at all that suggests we should be optimistic as things stand
Hopefully ,things might change for the better .
Frankly,I am genuinely concerned about you,as an individual. You’re a good man and a loyal friend ..
This club is what we love and it’s why we give a firk and argue

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (pre & post match) on 14:51 - Aug 12 with 456 viewsEagleEye

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (pre & post match) on 09:53 - Aug 12 by Fireboy2

But

It seems as if we are saying the same thing in different ways except my glass is more than a little half empty. I want to see some passion, leadership & direction from the players, coach & most importantly the ownership. Until I see at least a glimmer of that it’s gonna take more than a well deserved 1-0 defeat to lift the doom & gloom. I would settle for mid table Championship right now. I fear our decline will continue & get even more uncomfortable unless something seriously positive happens before the end of the transfer window
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (pre & post match) on 15:35 - Aug 12 with 430 viewsFireboy2

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (pre & post match) on 14:51 - Aug 12 by EagleEye

It seems as if we are saying the same thing in different ways except my glass is more than a little half empty. I want to see some passion, leadership & direction from the players, coach & most importantly the ownership. Until I see at least a glimmer of that it’s gonna take more than a well deserved 1-0 defeat to lift the doom & gloom. I would settle for mid table Championship right now. I fear our decline will continue & get even more uncomfortable unless something seriously positive happens before the end of the transfer window

Atm I'd settle for mid table as well, I saw glimmers on Saturday, I was expecting a 3 nil defeat so i suppose I should have been happy but I wasn't, I was a tad peeved that we didn't get a draw because imo we deserved it.

I truly believe if we get certain players back, certain players don't start and we get at least 3 players in before the end of the window we will be ok.

But whatever happens certain people will NEVER be happy, I suppose it takes all sorts 🤷
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (pre & post match) on 17:17 - Aug 12 with 367 viewsonehunglow

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (pre & post match) on 15:35 - Aug 12 by Fireboy2

Atm I'd settle for mid table as well, I saw glimmers on Saturday, I was expecting a 3 nil defeat so i suppose I should have been happy but I wasn't, I was a tad peeved that we didn't get a draw because imo we deserved it.

I truly believe if we get certain players back, certain players don't start and we get at least 3 players in before the end of the window we will be ok.

But whatever happens certain people will NEVER be happy, I suppose it takes all sorts 🤷

Don’t worry about others or their opinions
Look after yourself man

Mid table is but a dream

I’d be overjoyed with that

What I’m content with is Larry.
,called a clown by sone and in the same league as Fish . Now ,to me,that is madness .

We need to quit the suicide football right now ,then we can bitch over other things.

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (pre & post match) on 19:01 - Aug 13 with 254 viewsSullutaCreturned

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (pre & post match) on 01:02 - Aug 12 by RichardO

The concern for me is that when teams want or need to put pressure on us we seem unable to stop them. Cooper's team was built on a solid defence which even then had it's scary moments. The last three seasons our defending has been woeful and that is not just the defence but the midfield as well, at the end of last season we seemed to have turned a corner but that was against a number of struggling teams, there were signs of Grimes again dropping and making a back three but that has become so predictable we have pace on the wings lets use them quickly, we have good attacking fullbacks but in an away game you really need them to concentrate on their defending which for me hasn't been good enough giving wingers time and space to turn them.
Really need to go to a back four with the midfield actually in the midfield, yes dropping back to defenders by midfielders can be a good ploy to keep possession but not all the time.

The thing that is really doing my head in is throw ins, no quick thinking lobs down the line catching defenses off guard , no it is possession at all cost that invariably end up back with our goalie loosing the 50 yards gained from the goal keepers tactical kicking to the touch lines in the first place.
This playing by tactically well thought out moves and set pieces is great except when the opposition knows what your tactics are.
Yes set pieces have to be worked on but so to is the ability to see opportunities to keep opposition teams off guard. Variety in movement and passing is just as vital as being organised,.
I thought the team set up was poor leaving us over committing and leaving us wide open for counter attacks.
But it is a new season new players haven't bedded in and yet it is the players who have been with us a number of years who are looking poor.
Early days yes but let's not make it an excuse for a bad preformance.

Excellent post mate. Thing is, people can line up the usual put downs but the doom and glooers may just be telling the truth, say it as it is. It seems that these days telling the truth, giving an honest opinion that even the manager apparently agrees with, is wrong.
Login to get fewer ads

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (pre & post match) on 19:07 - Aug 13 with 249 viewsKeithHaynes

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Match day thread (pre & post match) on 17:17 - Aug 12 by onehunglow

Don’t worry about others or their opinions
Look after yourself man

Mid table is but a dream

I’d be overjoyed with that

What I’m content with is Larry.
,called a clown by sone and in the same league as Fish . Now ,to me,that is madness .

We need to quit the suicide football right now ,then we can bitch over other things.

He’s been labelled in a very ‘nice’ way but clown I’ve never seen.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024