Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yesterday 11:31 - Jul 21 with 4154 viewsstowmarketrange

A great gesture by the club to give out the caps yesterday,but wouldn’t it have been better to do it at the wba game when they should be more qpr fans in the home stands rather than tourists there?
I also heard stories of people breaking open the boxes and taking numerous caps,which left none for people arriving later.
There are also a few going on eBay now for upwards of £30.I don’t know how the club can legislate for people taking more than they should,but making a profit out of them is wrong in my opinion.

There was also a group of 6-8 blokes in the family stand who spent a fair chunk of the 2nd half drinking the ciders that they bought at halftime.I tried to buy a ticket for my own safe standing area and was blocked from buying one as it was designated a family zone,so how can 6-8 blokes buy in a family area?
I don’t expect the casual stewards to step in and deal with it,but what has happened to the chief security staff at our stadium?
Yesterday on 11:41 - Jul 21 with 3719 viewsWatford_Ranger

Was safe standing designated as a family area? Was like a crèche near me so makes sense. Stuck my free cap in the flappy seat thing then forgot about it. Loads left over though after the game.

I guess they take the view, probably rightly, that there’s more chance of converting first-timers into regulars doing it for a game like this than for us saddos making our way to a televised 12:30 against Championship fodder. Was a nice idea and someone is always going to try and cash in. I think there’s a Derby t-shirt from that 4-2 away win floating about on eBay somewhere.
Yesterday on 11:46 - Jul 21 with 3672 viewsstevec

Is there an age where you shouldn’t wear a cap, other than on a golf course?

My preferred option is back to front but at nearly 65 it looks fckin silly.
Yesterday on 11:49 - Jul 21 with 3663 viewsstowmarketrange

Yesterday on 11:41 - Jul 21 by Watford_Ranger

Was safe standing designated as a family area? Was like a crèche near me so makes sense. Stuck my free cap in the flappy seat thing then forgot about it. Loads left over though after the game.

I guess they take the view, probably rightly, that there’s more chance of converting first-timers into regulars doing it for a game like this than for us saddos making our way to a televised 12:30 against Championship fodder. Was a nice idea and someone is always going to try and cash in. I think there’s a Derby t-shirt from that 4-2 away win floating about on eBay somewhere.

I guess that’s true about trying to encourage more newbie’s to turn up by giving out a cap,but why wouldn’t you remove the tags,unless you forgot or were trying to pass it on as new?
Yesterday on 11:51 - Jul 21 with 3633 viewsJules4367

Yesterday on 11:46 - Jul 21 by stevec

Nah - not always silly!

If sun shining and you are wearing sun glasses the 'brim' / 'peak' is doing the same as the glasses but your neck can still catch the sun, so cap round, brim protecting neck is sensible.

If no sun glasses then, yes squinting into the sun and cap turned round DOES look silly!

Yesterday on 11:52 - Jul 21 with 3635 viewsstowmarketrange

You want to try watching a game of football from the sunny lower loft without a cap.I’d end up with one arm like popeye without something to shield my eyes.
Yesterday on 12:07 - Jul 21 with 3510 viewsJules4367

Re the hats and when to distribute, I had the same thought but a friend advised that

(i) A lot of dedicated Rangers supporters go to the pre-season matches so should be rewarded
(ii) A lot of 'potential' supporters might 'try' the game to see what they/ their children feel and this is a way of incentivising them

Last season they did give out scarves during the season so it works both ways but, as I say, i had the same thought!

Personally, talking of incentivising or getting new support, I'd like the club to offer known blocks of unsold School end seats (when away support is minimal) to local primary Schools at seriously reduced rates (£1 per seat or similar) as that would create a better atmosphere than lots of empty seats and as an aside the club would pick up some local supporters for the future. Just a thouight (probably a stupid one!)

(As for the caps the club did say come early as only available while stocks last and I admit to taking one extra for my grandson. Re eBay etc and caps being resold - If people are silly enough to pay £30 for them then that's their prerogative)
[Post edited 21 Jul 12:23]
Yesterday on 12:17 - Jul 21 with 3441 viewsLanhoop

Also, there were more than a few Spurs shirted folk in the home areas who were either wearing or carrying the caps. Maybe some of those are the eBayer's?
Yesterday on 12:45 - Jul 21 with 3314 viewsSydneyRs

Living in Australia and being bald, cap wearing is essential when outside for most of the year.

A Spurs mate who went yesterday got a cap so it's a bit annoying to hear some of our fans didn't.
Login to get fewer ads

Yesterday on 13:30 - Jul 21 with 3173 viewsQPR_Hibs

"I don’t expect the casual stewards to step in and deal with it,but what has happened to the chief security staff at our stadium?"

The casual steward woman near us was too busy telling some young kids that they were not allowed to stand up at the back of the paddock and that they had to sit in their designated seats. Absolutely no common sense.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Yesterday on 13:55 - Jul 21 with 3047 viewsBrianWilson

From the tv coverage, a huge amount of people were wearing them. I was CAPtivated as it made me wonder how many people arrived capless to the game?

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Yesterday on 16:11 - Jul 21 with 2817 viewsstowmarketrange

Yesterday on 13:30 - Jul 21 by QPR_Hibs

"I don’t expect the casual stewards to step in and deal with it,but what has happened to the chief security staff at our stadium?"

The casual steward woman near us was too busy telling some young kids that they were not allowed to stand up at the back of the paddock and that they had to sit in their designated seats. Absolutely no common sense.

You should tell them to stand behind the goal as they can stand where they like.It will only change once one of them gets hurt by a wayward shot from the best on earth.
Yesterday on 16:57 - Jul 21 with 2674 viewsMalintabuk

I took my grandsons to his first game yesterday and he will now think everymatch will have a gift..... thanks Rs this could get messy.
I gave mine to a young family in front as I look like rainman in mine..... I tend to sport a rather fetching cuckaburra for the sunny days. And my 10 year old plus wolly Rs hat for the less sunny days.
Yesterday on 17:21 - Jul 21 with 2587 viewspriceyparkrangers

Just had a look at eBay - only one has actually sold and it was for £12.99.
Yesterday on 17:24 - Jul 21 with 2576 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

"There are fewer more distressing sights, than that of an Englishman in a baseball cap"

Which famous R said this?
(No subject) (n/t) on 17:57 - Jul 21 with 2500 viewsizlingtonhoop

Yesterday on 17:24 - Jul 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

"There are fewer more distressing sights, than that of an Englishman in a baseball cap"

Phil Collins
[Post edited 21 Jul 17:57]
Yesterday on 19:11 - Jul 21 with 2334 viewsKPR

Yesterday on 17:24 - Jul 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

Pete Doherty -Libertines -Time for Heroes.
Yesterday on 19:14 - Jul 21 with 2319 viewsthame_hoops

Only at QPR can fans find something to complain about when they do something nice and give out freebies 🙄
Yesterday on 19:34 - Jul 21 with 2288 viewsmart_Goblin

Yesterday on 19:14 - Jul 21 by thame_hoops

Only at QPR can fans find something to complain about when they do something nice and give out freebies 🙄

Thinking the same thing .

Jeez
Yesterday on 19:58 - Jul 21 with 2225 viewsstowmarketrange

Yesterday on 19:14 - Jul 21 by thame_hoops

I wasn’t moaning about the club giving out freebies as such,I was moaning about greedy fans who decided to help themselves at the expense of their fellow fans who weren’t lucky enough to get one.
Yesterday on 20:41 - Jul 21 with 2135 viewsrbee

The caps should have been placed under the seats as with the flags previously.
Yesterday on 20:56 - Jul 21 with 2084 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Yesterday on 19:58 - Jul 21 by stowmarketrange

I wasn’t moaning about the club giving out freebies as such,I was moaning about greedy fans who decided to help themselves at the expense of their fellow fans who weren’t lucky enough to get one.

That’s how I read it.

Nice by the club, shit by a few fans.

I arrived right on KO and there were still plenty mate so I would imagine anyone who wanted one got one.
Yesterday on 23:05 - Jul 21 with 1919 viewspaulhoop2

The new ops guy has axed many long serving qpr stewards in favour of the security company that sponsors the school end and club.

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Yesterday on 09:31 - Jul 22 with 1587 viewsSpaceman_P

I don't think its really complaining when the poster is just making it known. People took more than one cap and they're now on eBay.

The club should be thinking about these things in advance.

Sure its a nice gesture, but maybe some tw>t took 3 caps and deprived a couple of kids of a cap.
Yesterday on 10:13 - Jul 22 with 1515 viewswombat

Yesterday on 23:05 - Jul 21 by paulhoop2

The new ops guy has axed many long serving qpr stewards in favour of the security company that sponsors the school end and club.

wonder what the mark up to the company is per hours per steward compared to the previous company ? wasnt there some talk of trying to once again. ring in our own stewards again ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Yesterday on 14:55 - Jul 22 with 1213 viewspaulhoop2

Well said company sponsor the club I’m
Sure they get it back somehow…. Most qpr stewards all gone due to this. Some have been there for many many years

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024