Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huw Jenkins 19:15 - Jan 24 with 3567 viewsQJumpingJack

The deal is complete at Newpot County

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68086112

Personally I think Jason, Steve, Jake, Andy, Ken and Paul could have learnt so much from him.
Huw Jenkins on 15:27 - Jan 25 with 891 viewsReslovenSwan1

Huw Jenkins on 15:16 - Jan 25 by KeithHaynes

I think the Swans trust have had to sit back and take it on the chin whilst their position is devalued and beyond their control.

Cash in the bank would have insured them from the Four Horses of the Apocalypse

a) Inflation 5%+
b) Dilution
c) Legal fees / banking fees
d) Falling membership income.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Huw Jenkins on 15:39 - Jan 25 with 871 viewsQJumpingJack

Huw Jenkins on 15:27 - Jan 25 by ReslovenSwan1

Cash in the bank would have insured them from the Four Horses of the Apocalypse

a) Inflation 5%+
b) Dilution
c) Legal fees / banking fees
d) Falling membership income.

Listen to the Jase/Steve fans forum with the Trust - it is on Youtube. You may learn something new.
Huw Jenkins on 15:42 - Jan 25 with 855 viewsWhiterockin

Huw Jenkins on 15:09 - Jan 25 by ReslovenSwan1

What a dull post. 'Making efforts' includes

a) £23m of investment to keep the debt low and seeing out Covid*.
b) Working hard to find managers to fit the club ethos
c) Bringing over US business people to manage the club directly
d) Continuing to support the Academy with Sam Parker the latest graduate
e) Finding and bringing in new investors Morris and Silverstein.
g) Getting US sponsorship. Visit central Florida.

What what have the fans group done? 10%+ club owners.

* Biggest ever investment in the club

I reiterate if they didn't make so many mistakes they wouldn't need to invest so much just to tread water. An example is paying compensation for Duff and his team then having to pay up the contract. Another paying £2.5M on a forward who looks far from value for money. Bringing Whittaker back from Plymouth and failing to negotiate a sale in January then selling for £1M to Plymouth where he may well be sold for £10M. I could go on, but as I say act like amateurs in a professional game and it is going to cost you. Run the club properly and it won't cost you so much.
Huw Jenkins on 15:46 - Jan 25 with 844 viewsQJumpingJack

The Trust could not do anything as they were kept out of the negotiations as Steve and Jason confirm on this link - they were recorded by the Trust.

Huw Jenkins on 15:50 - Jan 25 with 821 viewsWhiterockin

Huw Jenkins on 15:46 - Jan 25 by QJumpingJack

The Trust could not do anything as they were kept out of the negotiations as Steve and Jason confirm on this link - they were recorded by the Trust.

Don't waste your time mate he can't absorb facts as he is to busy listing to those little voices in his head.
Huw Jenkins on 15:54 - Jan 25 with 809 viewsJJJack

Huw Jenkins on 15:42 - Jan 25 by Whiterockin

I reiterate if they didn't make so many mistakes they wouldn't need to invest so much just to tread water. An example is paying compensation for Duff and his team then having to pay up the contract. Another paying £2.5M on a forward who looks far from value for money. Bringing Whittaker back from Plymouth and failing to negotiate a sale in January then selling for £1M to Plymouth where he may well be sold for £10M. I could go on, but as I say act like amateurs in a professional game and it is going to cost you. Run the club properly and it won't cost you so much.

Yep, you're quite right. And the Whittaker sale is gonna prove more costly than that I suspect. For balance, of course, they have made money from good appointments and good player acquisitions at times - Potter, Martin etc and Downes, Lowe , Piroe, etc. But overall, in theior terms (financial) they've turned a £120m asset into one worth a 1/5 of that, at best.
Huw Jenkins on 16:12 - Jan 25 with 785 viewsWhiterockin

Huw Jenkins on 15:54 - Jan 25 by JJJack

Yep, you're quite right. And the Whittaker sale is gonna prove more costly than that I suspect. For balance, of course, they have made money from good appointments and good player acquisitions at times - Potter, Martin etc and Downes, Lowe , Piroe, etc. But overall, in theior terms (financial) they've turned a £120m asset into one worth a 1/5 of that, at best.

This is true, but the Duff appointment, Yates purchase and Whittaker sale all happened on Colemans watch, granted the Whittaker damage was done by the owners before he arrived.
Huw Jenkins on 17:28 - Jan 25 with 736 viewsReslovenSwan1

Huw Jenkins on 16:12 - Jan 25 by Whiterockin

This is true, but the Duff appointment, Yates purchase and Whittaker sale all happened on Colemans watch, granted the Whittaker damage was done by the owners before he arrived.

The owners cannot tell the manager who to pick. The current Championship hot shot was returned to Swansea by the ownership. Martin wanted help in forward areas a so needed a striker.

Martin was the manager and could either play Whittaker as a striker or sell him to provide funds for a new striker. He did neither.

Login to get fewer ads

Huw Jenkins on 17:40 - Jan 25 with 718 viewsReslovenSwan1

Huw Jenkins on 15:50 - Jan 25 by Whiterockin

Don't waste your time mate he can't absorb facts as he is to busy listing to those little voices in his head.

SCST could not cut a deal. The SCST Board did not want to sell.

In any sale there must be a willing buyer and willing seller. This worked for all the other owners. So why did they not sell a single share? Buyers were circling 2015 onwards. At least three parties reported.

2015 SCST "We have told our partners our shares are not up for sale and never will be".

2016 SCST "Selling our shares is not our preference ".

2017 SCST "We do not like the terms we have been offered".

The US people were offering £1m per 1%. The membership was asleep and did not consider the possibility of relegation.

I come from rural origins. You bring in the hay when the sun is shining. This means nothing to city folk. The 'little voices' a slur you could not even think up yourself are the voices of experience as a shareholder and investor.

The SCST have never accepted any mistakes. That is why I will never join.

Huw Jenkins on 18:01 - Jan 25 with 694 viewsWhiterockin

Huw Jenkins on 17:28 - Jan 25 by ReslovenSwan1

The owners cannot tell the manager who to pick. The current Championship hot shot was returned to Swansea by the ownership. Martin wanted help in forward areas a so needed a striker.

Martin was the manager and could either play Whittaker as a striker or sell him to provide funds for a new striker. He did neither.

The owners can tell a manger not to pick a player because a sale is imminent, then they messed up.
Huw Jenkins on 18:08 - Jan 25 with 679 viewsQJumpingJack

Most loan deals have a ratchet installed in their contract.
If they start a game = we pay less per week
If they start on the subs bench = we pay 50%
If they are not in the squad = we pay 100%

I expect owners at most clubs will remind managers of any financial impact if we do/don't play players.

And sometime appearance numbers can trigger additional payments so again owners may be keen for players not to play.
I am talking about clubs across the division and not just Swansea City.
Huw Jenkins on 18:10 - Jan 25 with 676 viewsQJumpingJack

Huw Jenkins on 17:40 - Jan 25 by ReslovenSwan1

SCST could not cut a deal. The SCST Board did not want to sell.

In any sale there must be a willing buyer and willing seller. This worked for all the other owners. So why did they not sell a single share? Buyers were circling 2015 onwards. At least three parties reported.

2015 SCST "We have told our partners our shares are not up for sale and never will be".

2016 SCST "Selling our shares is not our preference ".

2017 SCST "We do not like the terms we have been offered".

The US people were offering £1m per 1%. The membership was asleep and did not consider the possibility of relegation.

I come from rural origins. You bring in the hay when the sun is shining. This means nothing to city folk. The 'little voices' a slur you could not even think up yourself are the voices of experience as a shareholder and investor.

The SCST have never accepted any mistakes. That is why I will never join.

give me the names from the Swans Trust board and the names from the Swans board in connection to your allegations of 2015.
Huw Jenkins on 18:13 - Jan 25 with 670 viewsmax936

Huw Jenkins on 15:16 - Jan 25 by KeithHaynes

I think the Swans trust have had to sit back and take it on the chin whilst their position is devalued and beyond their control.

This all day long 100%.

The actual TRUTH still doesn't register Pathetic ignorance init !

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Huw Jenkins on 18:46 - Jan 25 with 632 viewsswan_si

Huw Jenkins on 18:10 - Jan 25 by QJumpingJack

give me the names from the Swans Trust board and the names from the Swans board in connection to your allegations of 2015.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/story/_/id/37403185/swansea-city-see-united-stat
Huw Jenkins on 19:07 - Jan 25 with 591 viewsQJumpingJack

Huw Jenkins on 18:46 - Jan 25 by swan_si

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/story/_/id/37403185/swansea-city-see-united-stat

that story was timed around Noel and Moores (who also got turned away at other clubs once due diligence was conducted). Those quotes do NOT relate to the sale to Jase and Steve.

The story is dated Feb 2015 and the DC United lot did not get invovled until later in the year.

I think Resloven gets confused with the two consortiums when he is making allegations of what the Trust did or did not do.
[Post edited 25 Jan 19:10]
Huw Jenkins on 19:27 - Jan 25 with 552 viewsswan_si

Huw Jenkins on 19:07 - Jan 25 by QJumpingJack

that story was timed around Noel and Moores (who also got turned away at other clubs once due diligence was conducted). Those quotes do NOT relate to the sale to Jase and Steve.

The story is dated Feb 2015 and the DC United lot did not get invovled until later in the year.

I think Resloven gets confused with the two consortiums when he is making allegations of what the Trust did or did not do.

You asked for proof regarding 2015. The quote states the shares are not for sale and never will be. Never will be, probably played a big part in the way the club was sold. If I were a share holder with a lot to lose, and another share holder with absolutely nothing to lose tried to stop me selling my shares I would have done exactly the same.
Huw Jenkins on 20:05 - Jan 25 with 504 viewsReslovenSwan1

Huw Jenkins on 19:07 - Jan 25 by QJumpingJack

There are no allegation of anything. Not wanting to sell your shares is not a crime nor is t negligence. It was poor judgement in the absence of a credible strategy. It was often said the making money was not the objective by members.

All the records are out there for you to research. I have been following it for years. They could not sell i 2016 because they had no mandate from them members. They had no mandate from the members because selling shares was not the strategy.

By the time they got a mandate in 2017 they could not agree a deal in good time and according to the press were facing serious internal opposition to a deal. The buyer withdrew citing problems with the seller.

Huw Jenkins on 20:17 - Jan 25 with 490 viewsQJumpingJack

Huw Jenkins on 20:05 - Jan 25 by ReslovenSwan1

There are no allegation of anything. Not wanting to sell your shares is not a crime nor is t negligence. It was poor judgement in the absence of a credible strategy. It was often said the making money was not the objective by members.

All the records are out there for you to research. I have been following it for years. They could not sell i 2016 because they had no mandate from them members. They had no mandate from the members because selling shares was not the strategy.

By the time they got a mandate in 2017 they could not agree a deal in good time and according to the press were facing serious internal opposition to a deal. The buyer withdrew citing problems with the seller.

watch the Youtube clip on this thread and explain how the Trust could do anything when Jase was told not to engage with them by the previous board.
Huw Jenkins on 20:48 - Jan 25 with 461 viewsswan_si

Huw Jenkins on 20:17 - Jan 25 by QJumpingJack

watch the Youtube clip on this thread and explain how the Trust could do anything when Jase was told not to engage with them by the previous board.

Jase was probably told that as the trust had already stated their shares are not for sale, the only thing the trust could do was try and scupper the sale, as a share holder with the risk of losing millions I would have said the same. There are some who say they wouldn't have🙄
Huw Jenkins on 20:58 - Jan 25 with 440 viewsReslovenSwan1

Huw Jenkins on 20:17 - Jan 25 by QJumpingJack

The Trust were introduced to the US sellers who wanted to buy their shares. This was March 2016. they were asked if they wanted to sell and go no answer. They had no plan and no mandate. The sale was 4 months later.

You cannot sell unless you make preparations. There were no preparations because the shares were not up for sale. That is why they did not sell. It was entirely down to the Trust. No one else to blame.

Huw Jenkins on 21:00 - Jan 25 with 435 viewsbuilthjack

500k for a 52% share of Newport. A snip.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024