Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why is our support so poor? 18:12 - Oct 28 with 9397 viewsPlankton

Ipswich, population 136000 had almost 30000 watching them today.
Huddersfield, similar sized small town surrounded by buffet clubs, regularly get better support.
Why aren't we sold out every home game?
Why is our support so poor? on 14:37 - Nov 1 with 1554 viewsbennytheblue

Why is our support so poor? on 18:45 - Oct 31 by Whiterockin

You are right. I'm just pointing out that the tickets for sale, not away supporters or seasons were sold in advance. There was no need yo travel and worry about a ticket unless you failed to buy in advance.

Both our clubs do ok attendance wise I think, 30/40 yrs ago the average championship attendance was around 11,000….it’s more than double that now. In the early 80’s clubs like even arsenal could Reg get about 24,000, Newcastle 15,000 a lot, same as Sunderland.
Why is our support so poor? on 19:08 - Nov 1 with 1471 viewsSullutaCreturned

Why is our support so poor? on 14:37 - Nov 1 by bennytheblue

Both our clubs do ok attendance wise I think, 30/40 yrs ago the average championship attendance was around 11,000….it’s more than double that now. In the early 80’s clubs like even arsenal could Reg get about 24,000, Newcastle 15,000 a lot, same as Sunderland.

Chelsea and man City both had their relegations and poor crowds too.

What people also fail to take into account is that there could be a lot of people who want to go to football but simply cannot afford it. it's not just the price of entry but the cost of food and drink and the rpices in the club shop, when you have kids these things can get very expensive and a lot of people cannot afford it. Some go without other stuff and pay these costs, most of us fit in the middle, we can afford the costs but justbrefuse to buy some things, like food and drink in the stadium which is exorbitant AND rubbish.
Why is our support so poor? on 10:21 - Nov 3 with 1347 viewsjack247

Why is our support so poor? on 21:50 - Oct 29 by Fireboy2

They should do an adult and child tickets for let's say £25, that would attract a few but I suspect a few season ticket holders would moan, if I was a ST holder it wouldn't bother me and I suspect it wouldn't bother you.

I don’t care what other people pay. I knew how much my season ticket cost and was happy with it. If we fill up on a game by game basis with kids for a quid or people paying less, that’s got to be better than empty seats.
Why is our support so poor? on 10:51 - Nov 3 with 1331 viewsBoundy

Why is our support so poor? on 10:21 - Nov 3 by jack247

I don’t care what other people pay. I knew how much my season ticket cost and was happy with it. If we fill up on a game by game basis with kids for a quid or people paying less, that’s got to be better than empty seats.

I'm of the same mindset , the more the merrier .s west Wales atm isn't awash with a disposable income and with Christmas on the horizon, mortgage rates ,cost of living etc then it has to have an impact on numbers .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Why is our support so poor? on 19:17 - Nov 3 with 1244 viewsbuilthjack

Why is our support so poor? on 10:21 - Nov 3 by jack247

Agree with you and Boundy. Get those seats filled even if they are a fiver each.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Why is our support so poor? on 12:16 - Nov 5 with 1114 viewsBryanSwan

This isn't just a Swansea thing, but one i have noticed across most teams. The way the game has evolved the amount of "exciting" players or players taking risks has drastically decreased.
The age of tactics that try to remove every ounces of individuality from players has really made a lot of games pretty tedious. Even in the top flight mercurial talents are few and far between.
For me this really has killed a lot of my enjoyment i got from watching the Swans, probably why I've barely been down this year. But as I've said this isn't something only the Swans have an issue with.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Why is our support so poor? on 12:28 - Nov 5 with 1104 viewsSullutaCreturned

Why is our support so poor? on 12:16 - Nov 5 by BryanSwan

This isn't just a Swansea thing, but one i have noticed across most teams. The way the game has evolved the amount of "exciting" players or players taking risks has drastically decreased.
The age of tactics that try to remove every ounces of individuality from players has really made a lot of games pretty tedious. Even in the top flight mercurial talents are few and far between.
For me this really has killed a lot of my enjoyment i got from watching the Swans, probably why I've barely been down this year. But as I've said this isn't something only the Swans have an issue with.

I agree with you, football has become dour and boring. Only the very top teams can afford the players with flair now, outside the top 5/6 in the EPL genuine talent is few and far between.

We could do with a Trunle or a Curt now, to get us off our seats. What we are is a hard working team of little flair.
Why is our support so poor? on 12:42 - Nov 5 with 1095 viewsDr_Winston

The rise of statistical analysis and this "Moneyball" shite has a lot to do with that. There are an awful lot of people making a living out of the game by pretending that obsesssion with xG, possession percentages won back in the final third or any of the other crap that they use to assess a footballer's worth has value instead of knowing if they can actually play.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Why is our support so poor? on 13:04 - Nov 5 with 1064 viewsWhiterockin

The North West corner is always empty. Put the local junior clubs into a draw and the successful clubs get 40 free tickets each. Just fill it up.
Why is our support so poor? on 13:37 - Nov 5 with 1034 viewsbuilthjack

Why is our support so poor? on 13:04 - Nov 5 by Whiterockin

The North West corner is always empty. Put the local junior clubs into a draw and the successful clubs get 40 free tickets each. Just fill it up.

Agree. There are about 1200 empty seats in that corner. The club will make money on merchandise and refreshments, and get kids interested in coming to games.
There were about 30 kids and parents from Milford Athletic in front of us yesterday, they had a great time, they had paid to get in. But most noticeable was that they had a bag of merch which had made the club a good wedge.
So yes, get those kids into the ground , even if it’s for free.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Why is our support so poor? on 13:52 - Nov 5 with 1022 viewsKeithHaynes

Why is our support so poor? on 13:37 - Nov 5 by builthjack

Agree. There are about 1200 empty seats in that corner. The club will make money on merchandise and refreshments, and get kids interested in coming to games.
There were about 30 kids and parents from Milford Athletic in front of us yesterday, they had a great time, they had paid to get in. But most noticeable was that they had a bag of merch which had made the club a good wedge.
So yes, get those kids into the ground , even if it’s for free.

You’re wasting your time mate, the club hasn’t got the nouse nor the inclination. That’s the truth.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Why is our support so poor? on 14:21 - Nov 5 with 980 viewsWhiterockin

Why is our support so poor? on 13:52 - Nov 5 by KeithHaynes

You’re wasting your time mate, the club hasn’t got the nouse nor the inclination. That’s the truth.

At half a million a year on so called business brains you would hope that wouldn't be the case.
Why is our support so poor? on 16:29 - Nov 5 with 914 viewsbuilthjack

Why is our support so poor? on 14:21 - Nov 5 by Whiterockin

At half a million a year on so called business brains you would hope that wouldn't be the case.

If their brains were so good they would be high flying in the good old USA on millions of bucks a year, not playing about in Swansea.

Why is our support so poor? on 17:00 - Nov 5 with 883 viewsBryanSwan

Why is our support so poor? on 12:42 - Nov 5 by Dr_Winston

The rise of statistical analysis and this "Moneyball" shite has a lot to do with that. There are an awful lot of people making a living out of the game by pretending that obsesssion with xG, possession percentages won back in the final third or any of the other crap that they use to assess a footballer's worth has value instead of knowing if they can actually play.

Its the insistence on not doing something so as not to give a turnover of possession that gets me, players have all the risks coached out of them in fear of the transition.
Yeh it might be what maximises results, but it certainly minimises a lot of excitement.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Why is our support so poor? on 17:09 - Nov 5 with 872 viewsKeithHaynes

Why is our support so poor? on 12:42 - Nov 5 by Dr_Winston

I think what you are saying is there’s nothing like a Tommy Smith and a John Toshack to even things up.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Why is our support so poor? on 17:22 - Nov 5 with 850 viewsDr_Winston

Why is our support so poor? on 17:00 - Nov 5 by BryanSwan

Its the insistence on not doing something so as not to give a turnover of possession that gets me, players have all the risks coached out of them in fear of the transition.
Yeh it might be what maximises results, but it certainly minimises a lot of excitement.

Matt Grimes is a perfect example of that.

For the last four years he's been lauded in some quarters for his pass completion statistics and not what he's actually contributing, which was mostly playing it safe and resulting in tedium. Partly orders, partly management happy to let him indulge himself because it suited their purposes.

This year he seems far more willing to take risks and move the ball forward, and he's much more fun to watch as a result. We'd probably be seeing an even greater difference if Cooper and Martin hadn't spent their entire tenures getting shot of any player with a bit of pace.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Why is our support so poor? on 18:09 - Nov 5 with 825 viewsSullutaCreturned

Why is our support so poor? on 13:52 - Nov 5 by KeithHaynes

Isn't the truth there that speculate to accumulate is now an old fashioned idea?

All they are interested in is what comes in, not what they can entice in by being clever about it.

We should be garteful they haven't raised prices I guess.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024