Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Copyright infringement ? 19:15 - Sep 12 with 1939 viewsG_Ottershaw

I was going to post up a reference/amusing passage quoting QPR in a book by Daisy May Cooper (This Country mockumentary), then it occurred to me that it might create headache for Clive.

So the question is, if i typed out a passage from a book concerning a story about QPR, would I automatically be infringing the copyright ?

Personally, i think it could be seen as a promotion, but i understand there are rules on this sort of stuff.
Copyright infringement ? on 20:02 - Sep 12 with 1828 viewsNorthernr

Go for it mate. As long as you're not posting the whole fcking book then like you say it's promotional. Maybe post a link for where people can buy it.
Copyright infringement ? on 20:19 - Sep 12 with 1790 viewsG_Ottershaw

Cheers for the reply, just had a look on the publisher's website and it appears you need to get permission. Even reading books online to kids during covid had guidelines. (anal gits!)

As a random QPR reference i think it would have been of interest, but screw em, she wrote a book...end of.
Copyright infringement ? on 20:44 - Sep 12 with 1749 viewsNW5Hoop

Copyright infringement ? on 20:19 - Sep 12 by G_Ottershaw

Cheers for the reply, just had a look on the publisher's website and it appears you need to get permission. Even reading books online to kids during covid had guidelines. (anal gits!)

As a random QPR reference i think it would have been of interest, but screw em, she wrote a book...end of.

Strictly it would be a breach of copyright. But I absolutely guarantee you nothing will happen if you post it here. Publishers aren't scouring football messageboards on the offchance someone breached their copyright.
Copyright infringement ? on 20:47 - Sep 12 with 1741 viewsdistortR

Copyright infringement ? on 20:44 - Sep 12 by NW5Hoop

Strictly it would be a breach of copyright. But I absolutely guarantee you nothing will happen if you post it here. Publishers aren't scouring football messageboards on the offchance someone breached their copyright.

Ever.time I report someone, they give me a lump of cheese,
Copyright infringement ? on 22:44 - Sep 12 with 1570 viewsLazyFan

Using Google Books you can read it online here:
https://www.google.co.uk/books/edition/Don_t_Laugh_It_ll_Only_Encourage_Her/Fk4g

Note you will need to sign into Google before it will display properly. I have to say its not very interesting!

zzzzzzzzzz

Copyright infringement ? on 13:24 - Sep 13 with 1268 viewsSuperhoop83

Does our club have a second fan from Ottershaw?
[Post edited 15 Sep 2023 11:17]

Suffering since 1978.

Copyright infringement ? on 15:33 - Sep 13 with 1177 viewsG_Ottershaw

Copyright infringement ? on 22:44 - Sep 12 by LazyFan

Using Google Books you can read it online here:
https://www.google.co.uk/books/edition/Don_t_Laugh_It_ll_Only_Encourage_Her/Fk4g

Note you will need to sign into Google before it will display properly. I have to say its not very interesting!

made me chuckle because her dad was shitting himself over two kids on bmx's clocking a fulham air freshner outside qpr.

the g ottershaw username is in tribute to Michael Palin's 'Golden Gordon' (Ripping Yarns)

for those of you that are Michael Palin fans, he's got a book release at the end of this month about his Great Uncle Harry's experience in the battle of the somme. quite poignant in light of current events
https://www.penguin.co.uk/books/442345/great-uncle-harry-by-palin-michael/978152
Copyright infringement ? on 21:10 - Sep 13 with 979 viewsAntti_Heinola

Anything under 400 words and it won't be breach of copyright.
That's not the actual law, but that's how all publishers tend to operate on something as large as a book. So if it's less than a page long, go for it.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Copyright infringement ? on 21:41 - Sep 13 with 925 viewsPlanetHonneywood

There is a concept known in UK copyright law as 'fair dealing' that allows quoting from published works.

Of course, there's no formula as to what and how much is fair; but if its a modest amount for review and properly referenced as to the source/author(s) then it ought not offend the law, author or publisher.

I think a snippet published on a forum favoured by men of a certain age, would be unlikely to see an army of KCs descend on Ottershaw and/or Whittingham Palace. However, one can never tell if an extract is potentially illegal until it's actually published. In which case, it merely serves to allow the old maxim to be trotted out: publish and be damned!

Finally, while none of us can advise as to your potential liability; I can state that if it all goes nipples north, none of us will come to your defence and you'll be hung out to dry like Beckham in 1998!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024