Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To Renew or Not Renew 12:11 - May 10 with 9391 viewsJevlar

Hi all. I've been going to Loftus Road on-off since the late 80s. As a kid my dad often worked Saturdays, so we would probably head to W12 perhaps 7/8 a season. Night games were a particular fave of mine.

As I've got older, life (uni/work) took me away from London but for the past 15 years I've had a Season Ticket in SAR (F Block). I sit next to my old man and the biggest part of going to the games is spending time with him (he is the reason I'm QPR) and the people that I sit next to and see who have become friends. Clearly, I've seen some highs and lows as a ST holder.

Currently, my dad is in poor health and unable to attend games, and the state of our beloved club right now, well... people far more eloquent than me have expressed their thoughts on this forum. But my two pennies - it's a f**king mess.

As a result of this and my dad's ill health I'm massively on the fence about renewing.

So my question is, and clearly your reasons don't need to be as emotionally loaded as mine, but is anyone else genuinely having second thoughts about renewing their season ticket? Or is it case of give it a few weeks and then I'll be foaming at the mouth for the release of opening day fixtures.

U Rs!
[Post edited 10 May 2023 13:14]
To Renew or Not Renew on 12:13 - May 15 with 2789 viewsIrish_Hoop

I'm almost 60 and have been coming for over 40 years, many as a season ticket holder.

For the past 20 years have been travelling from Ireland for games, attending around 15 on average at home. In the past 12 years or so my son has been coming with me, but his life has taken over and he can't attend anymore.

I'm very unlikely to review. The travel and cost is a huge commitment, and I have simply not enjoyed the football post World Cup. Not just the results, but more the approach to our play. Like many of you I have no expectation of trophies or promotions, but I do expect to be entertained, win or lose. I just haven't been getting that from QPR recently and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
To Renew or Not Renew on 20:47 - May 15 with 2500 viewsPaddyhoops

To Renew or Not Renew on 12:13 - May 15 by Irish_Hoop

I'm almost 60 and have been coming for over 40 years, many as a season ticket holder.

For the past 20 years have been travelling from Ireland for games, attending around 15 on average at home. In the past 12 years or so my son has been coming with me, but his life has taken over and he can't attend anymore.

I'm very unlikely to review. The travel and cost is a huge commitment, and I have simply not enjoyed the football post World Cup. Not just the results, but more the approach to our play. Like many of you I have no expectation of trophies or promotions, but I do expect to be entertained, win or lose. I just haven't been getting that from QPR recently and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

You’re a legend to travel that far mate.
I moan about having to travel back to Watford on a Tuesday night after a shellacking.
Puts it into to perspective.
To Renew or Not Renew on 23:09 - May 15 with 2400 viewscolinallcars

I'll renew, it's in the blood.
When I was courting my wife, she whispered “ darling, say those three little words “
I said “ Queens Park Rangers “.
To Renew or Not Renew on 03:55 - May 16 with 2339 viewsdixiedean

I can understand people not renewing who live a long way away/ can’t afford it/ relative not able to go with them , but I don’t get why you wouldn’t renew because you don’t like the manager or his track record or perceived style of play. You either support QPR or you don’t. Or maybe that’s what being a football supporter is these days- you only attend on your terms when the sun is shining. I was appalled to see hordes of Gooners leaving the Brighton game early on Sunday after the great season they’ve had. I think what GA means by lowering expectations is that ( as Clive has frequently pointed out ) things need to bottom out before we can expect to challenge for play offs , so if we lose a couple or don’t beat Peterborough at home , we don’t start the booing nonsense or “ you’re not fit to wear the shirt “ bull5hit . We need the crowd behind Gaz and the team next season so the more of us there the better. Count me in .
To Renew or Not Renew on 06:28 - May 16 with 2256 viewsSydneyRs

To Renew or Not Renew on 12:13 - May 15 by Irish_Hoop

I assume you have a very understanding wife?
To Renew or Not Renew on 08:53 - May 16 with 2141 viewsWatford_Ranger

To Renew or Not Renew on 03:55 - May 16 by dixiedean

I can understand people not renewing who live a long way away/ can’t afford it/ relative not able to go with them , but I don’t get why you wouldn’t renew because you don’t like the manager or his track record or perceived style of play. You either support QPR or you don’t. Or maybe that’s what being a football supporter is these days- you only attend on your terms when the sun is shining. I was appalled to see hordes of Gooners leaving the Brighton game early on Sunday after the great season they’ve had. I think what GA means by lowering expectations is that ( as Clive has frequently pointed out ) things need to bottom out before we can expect to challenge for play offs , so if we lose a couple or don’t beat Peterborough at home , we don’t start the booing nonsense or “ you’re not fit to wear the shirt “ bull5hit . We need the crowd behind Gaz and the team next season so the more of us there the better. Count me in .

I can’t speak for anyone else but I’m moving from being an hour from HQ to nearly two hours which doesn’t help.

Kick-off times are annoying. Midweek games are annoying. The style of play and success of the team is likely to be poor but if we’re doing at least ok I’ll be going to the vast majority of games home and away. It’s a lot of dough to lay out in one go to watch a poor team. It’s easy to get tickets on an ad-hoc basis. It’s a totally illogical hobby as much as I love it. You wouldn’t travel three hours to the theatre knowing the play will probably be crap.

Fair play to those who put themselves through it, especially on those long slogs up north or travelling to London from afar. I hope I’ll be joining you as it’ll mean we’re performing beyond our low expectations.
To Renew or Not Renew on 09:49 - May 16 with 1988 viewsdutch

While I appreciate not everybody will feel the same, in my opinion and in my situation there is no question. Supporting a team is like a marriage, a lifelong commitment, til death us do part and all that. You don't support QPR for the good times, it's for better or worse, and I've seen worse (though not much). If we were playing behind a rope on Paddington Rec I would be there, so as long as I can afford it and my kegs will get me to W12 I'm in.
To Renew or Not Renew on 10:34 - May 16 with 1936 viewswombat

To Renew or Not Renew on 09:49 - May 16 by dutch

While I appreciate not everybody will feel the same, in my opinion and in my situation there is no question. Supporting a team is like a marriage, a lifelong commitment, til death us do part and all that. You don't support QPR for the good times, it's for better or worse, and I've seen worse (though not much). If we were playing behind a rope on Paddington Rec I would be there, so as long as I can afford it and my kegs will get me to W12 I'm in.

to old in the tooth to stop going now , its not the football its the laugh mainly and im actually on board with the keep the expectations in check from GA look where it got us this season! great start had us all thinking this is it this season then it all went very QPR after , home results have been crap for ages now not just under GA equally crap under MW as well, we are gonna have to biy cheap and hope to survive next season I can accept that , we might strike lucky and get some cheap gems to start the production line going again who knows . we arent fair from being in the same situation we was when ollie took over with what was it 7 players ,

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Login to get fewer ads

To Renew or Not Renew on 19:28 - May 16 with 1771 viewsNorthantsHoop

I will be renewing in the hope that Gareth can start to change us from a soft push over to a team that works and fights together. Anyway on reflection never convinced by Beale and Critchley was a mess of an appointment. As mentioned by another response for me as well, QPR is a link to the past and also a chance to meet my best mate of over 40 years in the pub pre-game for a catch up and chat to the guys and girls around me in the upper loft. This last couple of seasons have travelled down by car instead of the train with my walking football mate from Northampton an ex Hayes boy who has been driving down to Loftus Road from Northampton since moving here in 1972, now that is dedication to the Rangers.
To Renew or Not Renew on 18:16 - May 17 with 1595 viewsIrish_Hoop

To Renew or Not Renew on 03:55 - May 16 by dixiedean

To be clear, if it was just the style of play/GA, I'd renew. It's when you take all the other factors in my life into account that the "don't renew" decision gets made. I'm also retiring soon and that will change my priorities. I will attend some games when the sun is shining of course.

Would like to think that as someone who travels over from another country year in year out I'm a bit more that a fair weather fan

And yes, I do have a very understanding QPR supporting wife!
To Renew or Not Renew on 13:09 - May 19 with 1348 viewsTwoHalves

As a smartphone refusenik, I was pleasantly surprised last season when I was able to use my season ticket card again to access the stadium. However, I’ve just had an email from the club saying, unless I’ve misunderstood, that the QPR Pay Card is being discontinued and will not work to access the stadium next season. If that’s the case I’m afraid I won’t be renewing as I have no inclination or desire to get a smartphone.
To Renew or Not Renew on 14:03 - May 19 with 1233 viewsLanhoop

To Renew or Not Renew on 13:09 - May 19 by TwoHalves

As a smartphone refusenik, I was pleasantly surprised last season when I was able to use my season ticket card again to access the stadium. However, I’ve just had an email from the club saying, unless I’ve misunderstood, that the QPR Pay Card is being discontinued and will not work to access the stadium next season. If that’s the case I’m afraid I won’t be renewing as I have no inclination or desire to get a smartphone.

I believe it's just the pay part of the card that's ending. It will still be possible to get a card for stadium entry.
To Renew or Not Renew on 14:39 - May 19 with 1191 viewsEastR

To Renew or Not Renew on 14:03 - May 19 by Lanhoop

I believe it's just the pay part of the card that's ending. It will still be possible to get a card for stadium entry.

from the afore mentioned e mail:

"Please note your card will not work to access the stadium for the 2023/24 season".

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

To Renew or Not Renew on 22:22 - May 19 with 1071 viewsLanhoop

To Renew or Not Renew on 14:39 - May 19 by EastR

from the afore mentioned e mail:

"Please note your card will not work to access the stadium for the 2023/24 season".

Yeah, a replacement card will be needed.
To Renew or Not Renew on 23:02 - May 19 with 1032 viewsNewBee

To Renew or Not Renew on 23:09 - May 15 by colinallcars

I'll renew, it's in the blood.
When I was courting my wife, she whispered “ darling, say those three little words “
I said “ Queens Park Rangers “.

With the benefit of hindsight, might you have been better trying "Pre Nuptial Agreement"?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024