Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Teaching union reject pay offer 18:49 - Feb 14 with 5530 viewsmagicdaps10

😥

Not good.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Teaching union reject pay offer on 17:35 - Feb 17 with 707 viewsmagicdaps10

Teaching union reject pay offer on 16:41 - Feb 17 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

My mate is a teacher up in Scotland he’s fuming the union turned down the offer without asking members. He’s got going to participate in any further strikes.

My wife is a teacher and she is of the same mindset, she is contemplating going into work during strikes.

She wouldn't say no to a pay rise but doesn't want to lose £200 a day from striking.

Teaching union reject pay offer on 17:38 - Feb 17 with 700 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Teaching union reject pay offer on 17:21 - Feb 17 by controversial_jack

Reps don't have to consult their members at every turn or every offer, it would take too long.They get what they believe is a good offer and then put it to the members

That takes even longer.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Teaching union reject pay offer on 17:39 - Feb 17 with 693 viewsonehunglow

Teaching union reject pay offer on 17:35 - Feb 17 by magicdaps10

My wife is a teacher and she is of the same mindset, she is contemplating going into work during strikes.

She wouldn't say no to a pay rise but doesn't want to lose £200 a day from striking.

Well done to her

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Teaching union reject pay offer on 17:47 - Feb 17 with 685 viewsmagicdaps10

Teaching union reject pay offer on 17:39 - Feb 17 by onehunglow

Well done to her

Well she has GCSE and A level classes and a couple of lessons lost could really affect them.

People would have a right shock to see what goes on in schools.......education is secondary to many teachers these days.

Teaching union reject pay offer on 17:49 - Feb 17 with 684 viewsGwyn737

Strikes aren’t really having such a big effect in England as only one union hit threshold in the ballot.

There was some disruption but not on a massive scale.

Many of those who went out intend to do so just for day one. As you said, it’s a lot of money to lose.
Teaching union reject pay offer on 18:29 - Feb 17 with 666 viewsraynor94

Teaching union reject pay offer on 17:21 - Feb 17 by controversial_jack

Reps don't have to consult their members at every turn or every offer, it would take too long.They get what they believe is a good offer and then put it to the members

Reps? Offers are above their pay grade

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Teaching union reject pay offer on 18:34 - Feb 17 with 660 viewspencoedjack

Teaching union reject pay offer on 10:51 - Feb 17 by Superjan

Society would be far better off if they all worked in logistics for a large American company.

No need to worry about that in Wales, Welsh labour would have managed to get rid of any private sector jobs by the time primary aged kids make into employment.

Society will be far better I’m sure when we are all pulling from the public sector money tree somewhere in Wales.
Teaching union reject pay offer on 18:41 - Feb 17 with 654 viewsBryanSwan

It is amazing how many on here seem to think teaching is an exceptionally easy job, with fantastic pay, holidays etc etc.
Makes no sense why teachers are leaving the profession and they are struggling to get competent new ones in.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Login to get fewer ads

Teaching union reject pay offer on 18:43 - Feb 17 with 650 viewscontroversial_jack

Teaching union reject pay offer on 18:29 - Feb 17 by raynor94

Reps? Offers are above their pay grade

What ?
Teaching union reject pay offer on 18:51 - Feb 17 with 645 viewsraynor94

Teaching union reject pay offer on 18:43 - Feb 17 by controversial_jack

What ?

What are you classing as a rep?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Teaching union reject pay offer on 18:55 - Feb 17 with 635 viewspencoedjack

Well done to her, would be even better if she also didn’t want to disrupt children’s education.
Teaching union reject pay offer on 18:59 - Feb 17 with 634 viewsEagleEye

Should be made to work in the real world where they have to work shifts, weekends, 5 weeks leave per year before going back to a classroom. 6.5% + 1.5% one off payment not a bad offer, most people would be happy with that
Teaching union reject pay offer on 19:06 - Feb 17 with 617 viewsmagicdaps10

Teaching union reject pay offer on 18:55 - Feb 17 by pencoedjack

Well done to her, would be even better if she also didn’t want to disrupt children’s education.

If you read further on from that post you replied too then you will have not posted your reply.

I covered that area that you are suggesting that she doesnt care about and added to it.

Teaching union reject pay offer on 19:07 - Feb 17 with 616 viewsTogg

Speak as I find. My business is a non essential but desirable product. Teachers and Nurses are some of my best clients. Spoke to one guy and he and his Union voted against strike action. He also had two separate holidays during the summer half term. To me they are proffesions with disposable income. Okay we are all finding it tougher. My mortgage has gone up considerably to.
I've nothing against wanting to earn more money . Letsme honest if you're working you want to be paid as much you can for your skills.
Teaching union reject pay offer on 19:08 - Feb 17 with 615 viewsmagicdaps10

Teaching union reject pay offer on 18:59 - Feb 17 by EagleEye

Should be made to work in the real world where they have to work shifts, weekends, 5 weeks leave per year before going back to a classroom. 6.5% + 1.5% one off payment not a bad offer, most people would be happy with that

The sad thing is, you put all unions together then they wouldn't have had the % rate to strike.

Teaching union reject pay offer on 19:09 - Feb 17 with 614 viewsTogg

Yes I've been told the same thing.
Teaching union reject pay offer on 19:09 - Feb 17 with 612 viewspencoedjack

Teaching union reject pay offer on 19:06 - Feb 17 by magicdaps10

If you read further on from that post you replied too then you will have not posted your reply.

I covered that area that you are suggesting that she doesnt care about and added to it.

My apologies MD
Teaching union reject pay offer on 19:38 - Feb 17 with 595 viewswaynekerr55

Teaching union reject pay offer on 18:55 - Feb 17 by pencoedjack

Well perhaps if the government stopped giving crony contracts to their mates and made the richest 1% pay what they owe we wouldn't be in this mess.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Teaching union reject pay offer on 20:00 - Feb 17 with 587 viewsGwyn737

Would that sort out recruitment?
Teaching union reject pay offer on 20:07 - Feb 17 with 581 viewsmagicdaps10

Teaching union reject pay offer on 19:09 - Feb 17 by pencoedjack

My apologies MD

No sweat.

As you say and as I mentioned, problem is many teachers are not as concerned about their students as much as they are about what they can get out of it.

My wife has taught for over 20 years and in recent years its become more and more obvious that teachers especially the younger ones are a lot more concerned about themselves than their students.
She also can't believe how badly teachers are dressed.....they wear trainers and jeans a lot more now.

Teaching union reject pay offer on 20:20 - Feb 17 with 577 viewsScotia

It's quite simple really.

Leave the real world and become a teacher. It is as easy as that.

Put up or shut up.
Teaching union reject pay offer on 20:27 - Feb 17 with 574 viewsGwyn737

Teaching union reject pay offer on 20:07 - Feb 17 by magicdaps10

No sweat.

As you say and as I mentioned, problem is many teachers are not as concerned about their students as much as they are about what they can get out of it.

My wife has taught for over 20 years and in recent years its become more and more obvious that teachers especially the younger ones are a lot more concerned about themselves than their students.
She also can't believe how badly teachers are dressed.....they wear trainers and jeans a lot more now.

I’m sure your wife’s experience is correct but it’s not my experience.

Mine is quite the opposite.
Teaching union reject pay offer on 21:21 - Feb 17 with 550 viewsMrSwerve

I’m married to a teacher and we have many close friends in the profession. There’s bad eggs in every profession but the vast, vast majority of teachers are there for the love of educating young people and not for the wrong reasons. My wife could probably double her salary instantly if she went into industry, but it’s not her passion. The job that they do is spectacular, especially with the seemingly increase in poor parenting and behaviour. Plus the increase in poverty and poor mental health.

The hate they get is staggering. They are educating our future generation to the best of their abilities and much of their work is ignored by the general public. The whole ‘easy job and long holidays’ tripe that is spouted is an absolute myth…mostly peddled by people stuck in the past who think that teachers are old blokes telling kids to read books while they kick back and read a newspaper.

Controversial Jack and the usual suspects always have some kind of chip on their shoulder about education, maybe it’s some kind of jealousy or something. I teach in higher education and you couldn’t pay me enough to teach in a secondary school. They really don’t get the credit that they deserve.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2023 23:12]

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Teaching union reject pay offer on 21:28 - Feb 17 with 539 viewsGwyn737

Teaching union reject pay offer on 21:21 - Feb 17 by MrSwerve

I’m married to a teacher and we have many close friends in the profession. There’s bad eggs in every profession but the vast, vast majority of teachers are there for the love of educating young people and not for the wrong reasons. My wife could probably double her salary instantly if she went into industry, but it’s not her passion. The job that they do is spectacular, especially with the seemingly increase in poor parenting and behaviour. Plus the increase in poverty and poor mental health.

The hate they get is staggering. They are educating our future generation to the best of their abilities and much of their work is ignored by the general public. The whole ‘easy job and long holidays’ tripe that is spouted is an absolute myth…mostly peddled by people stuck in the past who think that teachers are old blokes telling kids to read books while they kick back and read a newspaper.

Controversial Jack and the usual suspects always have some kind of chip on their shoulder about education, maybe it’s some kind of jealousy or something. I teach in higher education and you couldn’t pay me enough to teach in a secondary school. They really don’t get the credit that they deserve.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2023 23:12]

Fortunately the hate seems to mainly come from miserable s*ds on the internet.

People tend to stay as they’re in the main appreciated by the communities they serve.

Teaching has been consistently voted in the top 5 trusted professions in the UK which shows how the majority feel.
Teaching union reject pay offer on 21:30 - Feb 17 with 535 viewsGwyn737

Teaching union reject pay offer on 20:20 - Feb 17 by Scotia

It's quite simple really.

Leave the real world and become a teacher. It is as easy as that.

Put up or shut up.

Yep. It’s never been easier to get in. The profession is desperate for numbers.

Which is weird when so many think it’s so easy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024