Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Contracts 09:52 - Jan 30 with 9817 viewsGloucs_R

Who is out of contact in the summer?

Is there a list somewhere.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Contracts on 15:00 - Mar 16 with 2895 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Contracts on 12:15 - Mar 16 by toboboly

I don't think I can take another season of watching Dozzell eclipse Jenas as Caspar the friendly ghost

Interesting looking at the Ipswich forum and seeing what they said about Dozzell before we signed him. Some were speculating that he'd be better off in a higher league than League 1 (even the Premier!) but many pointing out how he was inconsistent, lightweight and lacking tenacity (DoF - "Sounds perfect! Sign him up!").

He's got to be one of the most disappointing signings in recent years. He obviously had good pedigree (and they mention he had a bad injury) but apart from that pass to Gray last season, I struggle to think of anything he's actually done. Obviously our defence is pretty hopeless at the moment, but it's the midfield that I think is weakest. We literally have players like Dozzell who don't tackle much, can't dribble, rarely create anything (one assist?) and don't score goals.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2023 15:04]
Contracts on 15:05 - Mar 16 with 2875 viewstoboboly

Contracts on 15:00 - Mar 16 by Wegerles_Stairs

Interesting looking at the Ipswich forum and seeing what they said about Dozzell before we signed him. Some were speculating that he'd be better off in a higher league than League 1 (even the Premier!) but many pointing out how he was inconsistent, lightweight and lacking tenacity (DoF - "Sounds perfect! Sign him up!").

He's got to be one of the most disappointing signings in recent years. He obviously had good pedigree (and they mention he had a bad injury) but apart from that pass to Gray last season, I struggle to think of anything he's actually done. Obviously our defence is pretty hopeless at the moment, but it's the midfield that I think is weakest. We literally have players like Dozzell who don't tackle much, can't dribble, rarely create anything (one assist?) and don't score goals.

He is just filler isn't he which is very strange, you'd think a midfielder could at least run around a bit.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Contracts on 15:08 - Mar 16 with 2857 viewsGloucs_R

Contracts on 15:05 - Mar 16 by toboboly

He is just filler isn't he which is very strange, you'd think a midfielder could at least run around a bit.

I would rather have Dom Ball....

Contracts on 15:22 - Mar 16 with 2823 viewsSK_hoops

Contracts on 15:08 - Mar 16 by Gloucs_R

I would rather have Dom Ball....

Who went to Ipswich!

Terrible all round really. Dom Ball wasn't the best player of all time, but is miles better than Dozzell. You'd never get Dozzell scoring that goal against Cardiff either.
Contracts on 20:41 - Mar 18 with 2606 viewsGloucs_R

Changed my mind...

Amos release
Balogan release
Thomas release
Archer release
Owens release
Shodipo release
Martin release

The rest...

Field keep
Dykes sell
Dickie sell
Dieng sell
Dunne sell
Johansen release
Dozzell release
Kakay release
Armstrong keep
Niko release
Adomah release
Walsh tbd
JCS release
[Post edited 18 Mar 2023 20:43]

Contracts on 21:31 - Mar 18 with 2514 viewsozexile

I think Johansen and Adomah have another year don't they?
Contracts on 10:59 - Apr 17 with 2324 viewsWatford_Ranger

Contracts on 21:31 - Mar 18 by ozexile

I think Johansen and Adomah have another year don't they?

God help us.

You’d like to think someone would have the foresight to put a relegation release clause in Johansen’s contract or at least a significant reduction in wages. I doubt our decision-makers have the foresight to know what they’d like for lunch.
Contracts on 12:17 - Apr 17 with 2235 viewsGloucs_R

If anyone thinks that this squad is going to do any better in League One than you only need to look at the Fleetwood result....

Seriously worrying.

On the plus side playing in the third tier of football under Holloway gave me some of my best away days I've experienced supporting Rangers. Whoever is in charge I really do hope that they can capture some of the magic we had back then.

Login to get fewer ads

Contracts on 13:43 - Apr 17 with 2106 viewsSimonJames

I imagine that Sir Les will be "out of a contract" next season if we go down.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Contracts on 13:47 - Apr 17 with 2070 viewspaulparker

Contracts on 10:59 - Apr 17 by Watford_Ranger

God help us.

You’d like to think someone would have the foresight to put a relegation release clause in Johansen’s contract or at least a significant reduction in wages. I doubt our decision-makers have the foresight to know what they’d like for lunch.

You are joking
No one would have had the foresight to put a clause in

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Contracts on 13:48 - Apr 17 with 2074 viewsNortholt_Rs

Contracts on 02:38 - Jan 31 by SydneyRs

More or less my thoughts. Jury out on Dozzell for me, a decision to be made nearer the time.

The Adomah contract situation is ridiculous. Love him, but he's clearly near the end and unlikely to feature much going forward.

Ainsworth started him on Saturday with entirely predictable results…. Fùcking brain dead ‘management’. Adomah wouldn’t get in the Wealdstone first XI.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Contracts on 13:53 - Apr 17 with 2057 viewsmonners1969

Contracts on 02:38 - Jan 31 by SydneyRs

More or less my thoughts. Jury out on Dozzell for me, a decision to be made nearer the time.

The Adomah contract situation is ridiculous. Love him, but he's clearly near the end and unlikely to feature much going forward.

I think this massively depends in what league we are in....

Probably agree with most of that for Champ - but if we drop to Lg 1 I'd probably keep a few so we dont need to re-contract/buy players and cost ourselves Agent fees.
Contracts on 15:14 - Apr 17 with 1995 viewsWatford_Ranger

Contracts on 13:53 - Apr 17 by monners1969

I think this massively depends in what league we are in....

Probably agree with most of that for Champ - but if we drop to Lg 1 I'd probably keep a few so we dont need to re-contract/buy players and cost ourselves Agent fees.

Don’t know why we’d bother retaining Dozzell when a stray dog would run around for free.
Contracts on 15:32 - Apr 17 with 1954 viewsBklynRanger

Contracts on 15:00 - Mar 16 by Wegerles_Stairs

I think quite a few of our current players are already seeing us as a club where things didn't work out for them.

Unfortunately for everybody they're doing that just a bit too early - i.e. while they're still getting paid and their useless arses are all we have to rely on.
Contracts on 16:18 - Apr 17 with 1870 viewsTheChef

Sponsors evening should be a load of fun this year

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Contracts on 16:20 - Apr 17 with 1870 viewsQPRConor2000

As far as im aware these are the players who are out of contract.

Willock
Laird
Balogun
Archer
Dixon-Bonner
Iroegbunam
Amos
Kelman
Roberts
Taylor Richards
Masterson
Owens
Lowe
Martin

I would extend willocks contract, then sell for 2m, maybe Archer stays given his experence, but apart from that the rest should be gone.
Contracts on 19:59 - Apr 17 with 1786 viewsmonners1969

Contracts on 15:14 - Apr 17 by Watford_Ranger

Don’t know why we’d bother retaining Dozzell when a stray dog would run around for free.

Yeah Dozell wasnt on the may keep if in Lg 1

my view on what to keep if we are in Lg 1

Archer Keep
Shodipo keep
Field keep (assuming hed stay)
Dykes Keep (assuming hed stay)
Kakay keep
Armstrong keep
Dunne Keep
Masterton Keep
Walsh Keep

Some of them have Lg 1 experience and are on the cheaper end of our pay range (Field Dunne and Dykes may be too expensive for Lg1)

Dickie sell (if we can get over £1M for him)
Amos release
Balogan release
Thomas release
Owens release
Martin release
Dieng sell (If we can get £1.5M for him)
Johansen release
Dozzell Sell
Niko release
Adomah release
JCS really not sure on him...
Contracts on 06:22 - May 9 with 1561 viewsGloucs_R

My predictions... Updated

Amos release
Balogan release
Archer release
Owens release
Shodipo release
Martin release

The rest...

Field will be sold
Dykes will be sold
Dickie we'll keep
Dieng will be sold
Dunne we'll keep
Johansen plays out his contract for another year whether we like it or not
Dozzell hopefully placed in the B team
Kakay another contact. Limited player but always gives his best.
Armstrong keep but, depending on the striker options, I would give him a season in League 1 or 2. He needs to be playing and scoring goals more being on the bench.
Niko release... But suspect you may see him again in preseason!
Adomah release.
Walsh. Needs to be number 2.
JCS I hope he stays fit at shown glimpses of what a good player he is.
Martin, a big thank you and a polite goodbye.
Chair, off to the German league

I estimate we need..

GK
RB
LB back up
CB but need to move one on first
CM x3
RW
LW
Striker x 2

So just 11 new faces then.
[Post edited 9 May 2023 6:30]

Contracts on 06:50 - May 9 with 1502 viewsozexile

Contracts on 06:22 - May 9 by Gloucs_R

My predictions... Updated

Amos release
Balogan release
Archer release
Owens release
Shodipo release
Martin release

The rest...

Field will be sold
Dykes will be sold
Dickie we'll keep
Dieng will be sold
Dunne we'll keep
Johansen plays out his contract for another year whether we like it or not
Dozzell hopefully placed in the B team
Kakay another contact. Limited player but always gives his best.
Armstrong keep but, depending on the striker options, I would give him a season in League 1 or 2. He needs to be playing and scoring goals more being on the bench.
Niko release... But suspect you may see him again in preseason!
Adomah release.
Walsh. Needs to be number 2.
JCS I hope he stays fit at shown glimpses of what a good player he is.
Martin, a big thank you and a polite goodbye.
Chair, off to the German league

I estimate we need..

GK
RB
LB back up
CB but need to move one on first
CM x3
RW
LW
Striker x 2

So just 11 new faces then.
[Post edited 9 May 2023 6:30]

Well I've solved one of the CM places .....step forward Charlie Owens.....you're welcome.
Contracts on 07:02 - May 9 with 1477 viewsGloucs_R

Contracts on 06:50 - May 9 by ozexile

Well I've solved one of the CM places .....step forward Charlie Owens.....you're welcome.

Haven't seen anything to suggest he is championship standard and at 25 he's hardly kicked a professional ball.

Contracts on 07:29 - May 9 with 1417 viewsRs_Holy

Got to feel sorry for Shodipo... 1 more year and he'd qualify for a testimonial
Contracts on 07:33 - May 9 with 1401 viewsdmm

Contracts on 07:02 - May 9 by Gloucs_R

Haven't seen anything to suggest he is championship standard and at 25 he's hardly kicked a professional ball.

Indeed. If there's a CM who'll be retained and promoted to the first team from the youngsters it'll be Dixon-Boner not Owens.
Contracts on 08:12 - May 9 with 1347 viewsTonto

Other than Willock, who we have the option kn and could get a few quid for, the rest should go.

This is reset time. We will struggle next year anulyway, so time for actually fully believing in The process and not jumping g off every 6 months

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Contracts on 09:29 - May 9 with 1202 viewsozexile

Contracts on 07:33 - May 9 by dmm

Indeed. If there's a CM who'll be retained and promoted to the first team from the youngsters it'll be Dixon-Boner not Owens.

Ok to save anyone else posting about it....I was being Ironic, I'm not sure he even exists.
Contracts on 06:36 - May 31 with 920 viewsGloucs_R

Who were the players we were still in contract discussions with?

I still think we need 11 new faces.

As it stands... Team for next season..

Dieng
Kakay / JCS / Dickie / Paal
Field / Johansen
Willock / Chair / Richards
Dykes

4 of those will leave...
[Post edited 31 May 2023 6:44]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024