Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Deadline day thread 16:25 - Jan 25 with 77729 viewsNorthernr

May as well try and keep all this together for the next week.

Demebele withdrawn from Peterborough squad ahead of possible Bournemouth move.
V good against us.

Further reduces the possibility of them pulling their fingers out and relegating bloody Reading.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Deadline day thread on 11:45 - Jan 27 with 4375 viewsBklynRanger

Can't say I know that much about Paterson, though that's not unusual for me. He seems to have had the bulk of his career at Bristol City. Good season this year but possibly nothing that outstanding before now (?)

Watched 3 mins of highlights and he looks to have a decent all round game, but those are just that, highlights.

If he's a late blooming diamond who the scouting team are keen on then fair enough.
Deadline day thread on 11:48 - Jan 27 with 4355 viewsCiderwithRsie

Deadline day thread on 09:49 - Jan 27 by daveB

Jamie Patterson linked now although doubt that will happen.

Lawrence deal looks dead. Ball could be leaving

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-focus-on-paterson-deal-as-lawrence-hopes

What would people think about Paterson? from this:
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-citys-sad-jam
....the coach seems to have a lot of nice things to say about a player who seems to be refusing to play. But doesn't sound like he'd fancy being understudy to Chair. I suppose if we could rotate him, Chair and Willock through two places he'd get a decent number of games.
Deadline day thread on 11:49 - Jan 27 with 4348 viewsEsox_Lucius

Deadline day thread on 19:29 - Jan 25 by aston_hoop

Aaron Drewe has gone on loan to Weymouth in the National League. Straight into their side tonight

I am not sure if it is a good idea to send our promising young players out to teams who are struggling at the bottom of their respective tables. Bonne seems t have been the only exception this season. Winning breeds confidence and losing breeds fear.

The grass is always greener.

Deadline day thread on 12:07 - Jan 27 with 4248 viewsStainrod

Deadline day thread on 11:48 - Jan 27 by CiderwithRsie

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-citys-sad-jam
....the coach seems to have a lot of nice things to say about a player who seems to be refusing to play. But doesn't sound like he'd fancy being understudy to Chair. I suppose if we could rotate him, Chair and Willock through two places he'd get a decent number of games.

I think we need to move on from thinking "he's a starter, he is a reserve" - all successful sides rotate, and in the Championship that's even more necessary with the fixture pile up. Think the main issue against Swansea was we just looked flat and tired. At the moment poor Chris Willock has to play unless he is on crutches. Plus also winning teams have an excellent subs bench. In terms of game changers we normally have one decent striker - typically Charlie - to bring on, and that's it. We need more options, simple as that imho.
Deadline day thread on 12:18 - Jan 27 with 4188 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Anyone ‘refusing to play’ sounds like a bad egg to me and best avoided. I’d rather we tried to sign John Swift whose contract is up at the end of this season and Readings finances are messy.
Deadline day thread on 13:08 - Jan 27 with 3983 viewsBklynRanger

It reads like Swansea triggered the extra year rather than it being mutual - which is what most clubs would do to try to get something for a player.

His behaviour doesn't necessarily put me off though - we don't know all the details and he doesn't seem to be a bad egg in any way based on the manager's comments yeah. Most likely he's just conscious of his age and the stage he's at.

Who knows, next year's fixture could see them calling 'Pato' a kunt and us calling Manning a kunt, neither song being all that logical.
Deadline day thread on 13:09 - Jan 27 with 3978 viewsdmm

Deadline day thread on 12:18 - Jan 27 by Beckenhamhoop

Anyone ‘refusing to play’ sounds like a bad egg to me and best avoided. I’d rather we tried to sign John Swift whose contract is up at the end of this season and Readings finances are messy.

I think most of us would prefer Swift but would he come and could we afford him?
Deadline day thread on 13:10 - Jan 27 with 3957 viewsfrancisbowles

Swift's a very good player but does he have any real pace?
Login to get fewer ads

Deadline day thread on 13:26 - Jan 27 with 3856 viewshantssi

Deadline day thread on 13:10 - Jan 27 by francisbowles

Swift's a very good player but does he have any real pace?

Course he does, it’s in the name!!
Deadline day thread on 13:34 - Jan 27 with 3786 viewsfrancisbowles

Deadline day thread on 13:26 - Jan 27 by hantssi

Course he does, it’s in the name!!

Deadline day thread on 13:48 - Jan 27 with 3721 viewsBAWHoops

I'd love us to try and take Freeman back on loan from Sheff U. They never play him, he knows the division and you'd imagine would be able to hit the ground running here.
Seems like a good move for everybody

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Deadline day thread on 13:50 - Jan 27 with 3705 viewsCiderwithRsie

Deadline day thread on 13:08 - Jan 27 by BklynRanger

It reads like Swansea triggered the extra year rather than it being mutual - which is what most clubs would do to try to get something for a player.

His behaviour doesn't necessarily put me off though - we don't know all the details and he doesn't seem to be a bad egg in any way based on the manager's comments yeah. Most likely he's just conscious of his age and the stage he's at.

Who knows, next year's fixture could see them calling 'Pato' a kunt and us calling Manning a kunt, neither song being all that logical.

Yeah, that was my thinking - I thought the coach would be pretty off with him but it sounded like he thinks the player is OK and it's a matter between him and the owners, maybe about getting the fee they want (understandable from what I recall of their finances) rather than facilitating a move?
Deadline day thread on 13:56 - Jan 27 with 3656 viewsMaggsinho

Deadline day thread on 13:08 - Jan 27 by BklynRanger

I read somewhere the contract extension was triggered at the same salary when he was promised/expecting a raise.
Deadline day thread on 14:33 - Jan 27 with 3463 viewsMatch82

Deadline day thread on 12:18 - Jan 27 by Beckenhamhoop

I know he wasn't "refusing to play" exactly but I remember the same "is he a bad egg" comments about Wallace. Sometimes the situation is just a little messed up and it's not always the players fault.
Deadline day thread on 14:45 - Jan 27 with 3403 viewsDavieQPR

Deadline day thread on 11:45 - Jan 27 by CiderwithRsie

Well, yeah, depends on how close he is to their first team, I've not followed his career there. Just one game in the Caribou in a two-and-a-half year career in the senior squad according to wiki.

Clearly they're OK with him going on loan for whole of this season, is this a Eze-to-Wycombe, Chair-to-Stevenage loan or a Johansen-to-QPR or Bonne-to-Ipswich loan?

Touch wood etc but if we got promoted and Barbet leaves then the player might fancy a move and I'm always unconvinced by the idea that clubs can hold onto a player against their wishes, irrespective of contract length. We'll see.

Just the fact that Sanderson is aged 20 should answer that question. Eze will be on about £40k a week basic at Palace. Does anyone really think we are going to pay out even half that for a half fit player. Nakhi Wells suggestion is tongue in cheek right? Or is it based on half the time he was with us.
Deadline day thread on 15:35 - Jan 27 with 3221 viewsStainrod

What I don't understand with the Patterson contract is if there was an automatic trigger for either party to renew, surely it must have specified in the original contract on what terms it would be?

I thought (cd be wrong) the dispute was more something to do with whether the trigger point had been reached - it was expected more games would have been reached by the point Swansea triggered it but because they had a lot of cancelations Patterson was arguing it hadn't reached the point it could be triggered.

This is all from reading the usual massively reliable scraps on the internet, might be complete bollox.

I saw something on twitter the other night for eg saying there was a major investigation over our so-called drinking culture after several players were seen drinking in a pub in Chiswick during afternoons. I assume that is complete rubbish posted to cause trouble, but did anyone see that/ know anything about it? Apologies no longer have link to hand.
Deadline day thread on 15:49 - Jan 27 with 3114 viewsed_83

Forest have rejected £20m from Brentford for Brennan Johnson, and apparently want to sign Jed Wallace from Millwall as well as Josh Bowler (formerly of this parish) from Hull.

This would take them back up to a measly 31 senior players, so clearly their plan to trim the squad has lasted about as long as we all expected.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2022 15:49]
Deadline day thread on 16:51 - Jan 27 with 2899 viewsCiderwithRsie

Deadline day thread on 14:45 - Jan 27 by DavieQPR

Just the fact that Sanderson is aged 20 should answer that question. Eze will be on about £40k a week basic at Palace. Does anyone really think we are going to pay out even half that for a half fit player. Nakhi Wells suggestion is tongue in cheek right? Or is it based on half the time he was with us.

Sorry Davie, could you explain that, I'm not following.

At 20 Sanderson seems like "one for the future" for Wolves but young players do sometimes get moved on if there isn't a route through for them or if the manager just doesn't rate them. I genuinely don't know how he's regarded there, maybe he was tearing it up in the U-23s? The manager is new this year, I wonder how well he knows Sanderson?

I presume on Eze and Wells I presume you're referring to other posts? I only mentioned Eze in the sense that sometimes a player goes out on loan for a season because the club knows he's going to be good and they want him playing regularly in a decent but lower league (like he did), but other times the feeling is that they aren't going to make it at the club's own level and they need to get in the shop window.
Deadline day thread on 16:59 - Jan 27 with 2845 viewsCiderwithRsie

FWIW I just popped onto a Wolves Forum and thee's a handy thread on their loans here:
https://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/loan-thread-2021-22.533533

They seem to be hoping that we can take him on to a higher level than at Brum, which does tend to suggest they'd want him back. Interestingly they all rate Dickie and apparently the fans wanted to sign him from us.
Deadline day thread on 17:10 - Jan 27 with 2765 viewsaston_hoop

Deadline day thread on 16:59 - Jan 27 by CiderwithRsie

FWIW I just popped onto a Wolves Forum and thee's a handy thread on their loans here:
https://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/loan-thread-2021-22.533533

They seem to be hoping that we can take him on to a higher level than at Brum, which does tend to suggest they'd want him back. Interestingly they all rate Dickie and apparently the fans wanted to sign him from us.

Wolves current manager got a successful season out of Chris Willock once in the Portuguese second division, best not be buttering us up for a bid there!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Deadline day thread on 17:13 - Jan 27 with 2748 viewsJeff

Deadline day thread on 17:10 - Jan 27 by aston_hoop

Wolves current manager got a successful season out of Chris Willock once in the Portuguese second division, best not be buttering us up for a bid there!

they're about to flog Adam Traore to Barcelona (still don't know how they have any money at all...) for around £30m, so we'll take that for Chris Willock and everyone is happy...

Can we not knock it?

Deadline day thread on 17:16 - Jan 27 with 2705 viewsDavieQPR

Sanderson was taken out of a successful loan spell at Birmingham to play for a better club. If he was unwanted at Wolves they would have left him where he was. They seem to have a plan for his development.
Deadline day thread on 17:32 - Jan 27 with 2588 views100percent

[Post edited 27 Jan 2022 17:36]
Deadline day thread on 17:38 - Jan 27 with 2548 views100percent

Deadline day thread on 11:49 - Jan 27 by Esox_Lucius

I am not sure if it is a good idea to send our promising young players out to teams who are struggling at the bottom of their respective tables. Bonne seems t have been the only exception this season. Winning breeds confidence and losing breeds fear.

Winning teams rarely need first team players. Loanees tend to be off the bench type additions...
I think teams around the bottom gives players a level of realism and plenty of work - especially for defenders and keepers. Just my opinion of course.
Deadline day thread on 17:38 - Jan 27 with 2546 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Deadline day thread on 17:13 - Jan 27 by Jeff

they're about to flog Adam Traore to Barcelona (still don't know how they have any money at all...) for around £30m, so we'll take that for Chris Willock and everyone is happy...

I've only ever seen that Traore bloke play a few times and while I agree he is fleet of foot, I haven't seen much in the way of end product from him.

£30m seems utter top-top daylight muggery.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024