Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best goals that weren't. 06:20 - Nov 30 with 3513 viewsenfieldargh

Andre Grey's belter from outside the box reminded me of a shot that flew in from Akos away at Ipswich.

Wonderful shots shame about the refs sticking to the rules

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Best goals that weren't. on 20:14 - Nov 30 with 574 viewsderbyhoop

I tried to reproduce Gerry's goal of the season from 75/76. Playing for Old Actonians on Gunnersbury Park

Played the 1-2 perfectly and hit it from about 15 yards out. It went inches past the post (wrong side) and ended up in the other half of the pitch behind the goal.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Best goals that weren't. on 21:58 - Nov 30 with 537 viewswortonranger

Two contenders both at Wembley
Gary Micklewhite in the cup final where nobody knows why it wasn’t allowed and Rodney ‘s first half scissor kick in the League cup final... if anyone can find?!
Best goals that weren't. on 22:25 - Nov 30 with 519 viewsPeterHucker

Best goals that weren't. on 21:58 - Nov 30 by wortonranger

Two contenders both at Wembley
Gary Micklewhite in the cup final where nobody knows why it wasn’t allowed and Rodney ‘s first half scissor kick in the League cup final... if anyone can find?!

Last game of the season a few years back, we were at home to Stoke.
They needed a win to get in the playoffs, it ended as a draw.
All the Rangers fans knew it was going to be Paul Furlong’s last game for us. He came on as a sub for the last 10 minutes or so, nearly got the winner. Don’t remember it being a particularly spectacular build up or anything, but always thought it was a real shame he didn’t score because it would’ve brought the house down and it would’ve been the ending to his QPR career that the man deserved.

Also no idea who it was against but there was a Faurlin one at the Loft end which had it gone in would’ve been one of the greatest goals ever seen at that end. Can’t remember details but didn’t he knock it up and volley it from distance, but the keeper saved. Anyone remember that?
Best goals that weren't. on 22:54 - Nov 30 with 492 viewsPeterHucker

Best goals that weren't. on 22:25 - Nov 30 by PeterHucker

Last game of the season a few years back, we were at home to Stoke.
They needed a win to get in the playoffs, it ended as a draw.
All the Rangers fans knew it was going to be Paul Furlong’s last game for us. He came on as a sub for the last 10 minutes or so, nearly got the winner. Don’t remember it being a particularly spectacular build up or anything, but always thought it was a real shame he didn’t score because it would’ve brought the house down and it would’ve been the ending to his QPR career that the man deserved.

Also no idea who it was against but there was a Faurlin one at the Loft end which had it gone in would’ve been one of the greatest goals ever seen at that end. Can’t remember details but didn’t he knock it up and volley it from distance, but the keeper saved. Anyone remember that?

Oh and here’s another.
In the 90s I used to play 2 matches a week on the big astroturf pitch under the Westway.
I once scored a goal direct from a corner but the fücking ref disallowed it and gave them a free kick.
He said that our big South African striker Ronnie had fouled their keeper.
That was definitely the kind of thing that Ronnie liked to do but on this occasion he definitely didn’t.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024