Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action 22:01 - Nov 20 with 35003 viewsaberhugh

The violent scenes today in the East stand are a disgrace and were instigated by a group who have in the past displayed openly racist behaviour. During the Cardiff game my daughter and I called out two of this group for shouting racist insults which were vile. Prior to this she had spoken to them about booing taking the knee to which the reply was 'It's political'
Following the game I e-mailed the club with detailed information about the racist behaviour of this group. There was also health and safety concerns regarding these people standing on seats and when we scored and falling on to supporters in front of them and injuring one guy.
I made it clear that I felt this behaviour would be repeated and some overt stewarding would be required with senior stewards present. If my suggestions had been implemented decisive intervention today when the flags were displayed would have prevented the violent scenes. I feel let down by the club and unsupported when tackling racism on the terraces. Lots of fine words before the Cardiff game have not been backed up by action to root out racists. The club must support the fans when they call out racist behaviour as well as their players. My wife tackled them today about booing taking the knee.
I exchanged a number of e-mails with people in the club and identified the problem and perpetrators. The club must now take action to stop this blatant racism and protect the health and safety of supporters. It is time they took seriously their duty of care to us and not leave it to us to police people's behaviour.
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 18:17 - Nov 24 with 1249 viewsReslovenSwan1

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 20:34 - Nov 23 by KeithHaynes

The Union Jack is nothing more than a flag the same as the German flag, or French or Spanish.
Stay on this Res, the difference is the message in the flag, if it’s political it’s got no place in our stadium. If it’s a Union Jack with Swansea on it, then it has.

The question was should the union flag be banned/. There is very little grounds for this unless it carries a political messages of some sort. A union flag with a word like 'Loyalist' on it would (hypothetically) be one case where banning could be considered as justifiable action.

Belgian and Natherlands flags and Spanish flags have proliferated in the past and are welcome in my eyes. I remember Gomis with the French flag.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 18:33 - Nov 24 with 1237 views73__73

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 19:55 - Nov 23 by Swanseaman

No matter what your opinions are about it all, this is pure cowardice.

He may well end up in jail for that cowardly attack

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 18:35 - Nov 24 with 1234 views73__73

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 23:37 - Nov 23 by Badlands

Where are we on the racism spectrum?
Look at 73-73 thread
Kyle Rittenhouse
A true American hero.

Have you been taking magic mushrooms by any chance ?

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 18:36 - Nov 24 with 1230 views73__73

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 19:51 - Nov 23 by ReslovenSwan1

It does if it has the word "Loyalist" on it.

I am not an expert but I see a difference between "Unionist" which I associate with the UDLP the (Ulster Democratic and Labour party) and "Loyalist" which I perhaps wrongly associate with group like the LVF Loyalist Volunteer Force or other organisations called Loyalist paramilitaries.

Clueless

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 18:39 - Nov 24 with 1226 views73__73

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 14:02 - Nov 24 by LoyalSwansea

They only ones causing a divide are these lunatics who think they speak for all welsh men

I’m Welsh, but regard myself as British first 🇬🇧 and very proud to do so.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 18:58 - Nov 24 with 1215 viewsReslovenSwan1

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 18:36 - Nov 24 by 73__73

Clueless

What is clueless about it? Explain you logic if you can. Its a forum. My approach is liberal. I reluctantly accept the Union flag if it does not carry political messaging overt or otherwise. There are no grounds for banning.

I see any football games as a chance to get one over the English. Wales v England games. I can see why Welsh fans want their own fag not wave the same one as the 1000 English fans on the other side of the stadium often shouting filthy abuse (actually technically illegal). It is contest not a 'Unionist love in'.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 19:18 - Nov 24 with 1209 viewsTreforys_Jack

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 12:08 - Nov 24 by KeithHaynes

I think he means the one in the east stand halfway line that has been there for years.

Ah rite, no issues then.
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 19:31 - Nov 24 with 1194 views73__73

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 18:58 - Nov 24 by ReslovenSwan1

What is clueless about it? Explain you logic if you can. Its a forum. My approach is liberal. I reluctantly accept the Union flag if it does not carry political messaging overt or otherwise. There are no grounds for banning.

I see any football games as a chance to get one over the English. Wales v England games. I can see why Welsh fans want their own fag not wave the same one as the 1000 English fans on the other side of the stadium often shouting filthy abuse (actually technically illegal). It is contest not a 'Unionist love in'.

You don’t even know what loyalism is. I also reluctantly accept the Welsh flag.
I’d also wish that all welsh nationalists would go and support a club in the league of wales and stop being hypocrites by supporting Swansea playing the English leagues.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 19:35]

Login to get fewer ads

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 19:32 - Nov 24 with 1195 viewsKilkennyjack

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 18:39 - Nov 24 by 73__73

I’m Welsh, but regard myself as British first 🇬🇧 and very proud to do so.

This was a common take, up until the mid 1970’s.

Today however most welsh people seem to have the confidence to see themselves as Welsh.
And thats both progress, and frankly just normal.

Turn off the Tory bbc 🇬🇧 ….

Beware of the Risen People

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 19:34 - Nov 24 with 1191 views73__73

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 19:32 - Nov 24 by Kilkennyjack

Today however most welsh people seem to have the confidence to see themselves as Welsh.

You must be really old if you can remember the mid 70’s

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:41 - Nov 24 with 1135 viewsCatullus

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 19:34 - Nov 24 by 73__73

You must be really old if you can remember the mid 70’s

He doesn't even remember the 80's mun. If people hate the English so much, playing in their league must really hurt.

I wonder if our English/non Welsh players know about this debate and what would they make of it, so much hate.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 02:10 - Nov 25 with 1119 viewsDJack

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 14:01 - Nov 24 by LoyalSwansea

No they don’t

And loyal is not sectarian in the slightest

Hmmmm.

I am REALLY not trying to undermine your stance but...

In the context of a football club and the union jack it usually only an alliteration of "Loyalist". Your intent may be different but unfortunately the perception is modified by the majorities perception of the use of the word "Loyal", when not used as a description for a dog. Additionally the pro-establishment descriptor would more likely be "Royalist" so again putting a hole in your argument.

What I will agree with is intent but ambiguity in mesage does not help.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 03:29 - Nov 25 with 1114 viewsKilkennyjack

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 19:31 - Nov 24 by 73__73

I’d also wish that all welsh nationalists would go and support a club in the league of wales and stop being hypocrites by supporting Swansea playing the English leagues.

The trouble with trying to be a bit smart, is that it often backfires

using your politico/football standpoint, then the (Brexit?) English league treams would pull out of the English compete

Beware of the Risen People

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 05:59 - Nov 25 with 1101 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 03:29 - Nov 25 by Kilkennyjack

using your politico/football standpoint, then the (Brexit?) English league treams would pull out of the English compete

The English team play in Europe not the EU.
There are 44 countries in Europe not just the 27 EU countries. There are also 7 countries than span both Europe and Asia. In total 51 countries play in European club competitions.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 07:21 - Nov 25 with 1078 viewsLoyalSwansea

Do you have stats to back this fact up?

I’d say most swans fans count themselves both British and welsh
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 08:19 - Nov 25 with 1048 viewsSwanseaman

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 07:21 - Nov 25 by LoyalSwansea

Do you have stats to back this fact up?

I’d say most swans fans count themselves both British and welsh

The number of people identifying as Welsh has been slowly decreasing through the years. The latest polls for Welsh independence are showing around 28 to 33% would vote yes.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 08:29 - Nov 25 with 1040 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Not just the Welsh, it’s Irish fellas like you too.

I just think you’re living in some Irish republican dreamland where the sun is to destroy the concept of the United Kingdom. You’ll never succeed.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 13:59 - Nov 25 with 989 viewsCatullus

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 03:29 - Nov 25 by Kilkennyjack

It's certainly backfired on you many times.

English teams playing in the English league would pull out, why? There are no brexit English league teams.

Your statement makes no sense in the context of the thread.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 14:26 - Nov 25 with 973 viewstrampie

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 08:19 - Nov 25 by Swanseaman

The number of people identifying as Welsh has been slowly decreasing through the years. The latest polls for Welsh independence are showing around 28 to 33% would vote yes.

Very believe stats but it's still shocking, less and less people identifying as Welsh due to English immigration, 68.3% down to 63% in 15 years as was pointed out by a national London newspaper a few years ago, armed with these kind of stats they put it out there that the Welsh will be a minority in their own country within a relatively short time span.

If 28 to 33% would vote for independence that to me is a very high figure, if you consider 1.1M don't identity as Welsh (and in most cases would not vote for independence) then out of the people that do identity as Welsh that 28-33% figure could put independence supporters in the majority of those that identify as Welsh.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 17:03 - Nov 25 with 934 viewsReslovenSwan1

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 19:31 - Nov 24 by 73__73

Swansea were in the league right at the start of the English leagues. It is not a racial matter. Its linked to historical precedent geography and professional sport. Loyalism is a political movement of some sort I do not have much interest in to be honest. its political therefore should be banned on flags representing Swansea city to prevent the club used as a tool to recruit for others (without payment).

Birch allowed the BLM to be advertised by the club without payment. A mistake.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 17:23 - Nov 25 with 926 viewsCatullus

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 17:03 - Nov 25 by ReslovenSwan1

Swansea were in the league right at the start of the English leagues. It is not a racial matter. Its linked to historical precedent geography and professional sport. Loyalism is a political movement of some sort I do not have much interest in to be honest. its political therefore should be banned on flags representing Swansea city to prevent the club used as a tool to recruit for others (without payment).

Birch allowed the BLM to be advertised by the club without payment. A mistake.

No Swansea weren't, we didn't join until 33 years after the league started.

Can you imagine the stink if Birch had tried to charge BLM a fee! What an insane idea, the way things were then.

The original 12 members in 1888,

Accrington
Aston Villa
Blackburn Rovers
Bolton Wanderers
Burnley
Derby County
Everton
Notts County
Preston North End
Stoke
West Bromwich Albion
Wolverhampton Wanderers

Not a Swansea of any description to be seen.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 17:30 - Nov 25 with 916 viewsSwanseaman

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 14:26 - Nov 25 by trampie

Very believe stats but it's still shocking, less and less people identifying as Welsh due to English immigration, 68.3% down to 63% in 15 years as was pointed out by a national London newspaper a few years ago, armed with these kind of stats they put it out there that the Welsh will be a minority in their own country within a relatively short time span.

If 28 to 33% would vote for independence that to me is a very high figure, if you consider 1.1M don't identity as Welsh (and in most cases would not vote for independence) then out of the people that do identity as Welsh that 28-33% figure could put independence supporters in the majority of those that identify as Welsh.

37% of the 3.1M are non Welsh people living in Wales.

if 33% (highest number) of the 3.1M voted yes for independence and they were all people who identified as Welsh, that would be 1,029,000 people and would work out as 52.3% of the people who identified as Welsh.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 17:41 - Nov 25 with 905 viewstrampie

Swansea is in Wales, Swansea was in the Third division at the start, when the football league was created it was North and Midlands teams, the Southern League actively chased Welsh teams and then the football league incorporated many Southern League teams, the Southern League have beaten the Football League in the past and without checking I think Spurs won the FA Cup as a Southern League team.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 18:06]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 17:45 - Nov 25 with 899 viewsonehunglow

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 17:30 - Nov 25 by Swanseaman

if 33% (highest number) of the 3.1M voted yes for independence and they were all people who identified as Welsh, that would be 1,029,000 people and would work out as 52.3% of the people who identified as Welsh.

Think Trampie would repatriate the English to leave a pure Wale where all could or would have to speak Welsh.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 18:02 - Nov 25 with 886 viewstrampie

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 17:30 - Nov 25 by Swanseaman

That is what I worked out in my head and that is why I said it, I took the highest figure like you and thought hello the majority of people that identify as Welsh could be for independence, like I said those figures seem very high, lots of people that identify as Welsh have clearly had enough of Westminster, pity incomers are skewing the Welsh vote truth be said, many think they skewed the Brexit vote in Wales from one way to the other way

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024