Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Digital ticketing 20:27 - Aug 2 with 6322 viewsNoDiddley

It’ll be carnage v Millwall , refused entry on Saturday = ticket declined, stewards point to man with scan gun, he says ticket used, I say it’s on my phone/apple wallet, he says go to box office, I say do you think I’d jib in for a tenner & show my digital season ticket! Meanwhile fight breaks out with stewards & a bunch of others ( may not be related), box office look at my phone, decide to give me ‘ paper’ copy, go to turnstiles, miss kick off.
You heard it hear first.
Digital ticketing on 09:56 - Aug 8 with 1286 viewsTacticalR

Digital ticketing on 09:37 - Aug 8 by 1JD

Agreed. The actual digital tickets work seamlessly. It’s all the others and older people who don’t have phones / can’t use them… mainly the old ST cards.

Legacy fans.

Air hostess clique

Digital ticketing on 10:10 - Aug 8 with 1237 views1JD

Digital ticketing on 09:56 - Aug 8 by TacticalR

Legacy fans.

It’s not fair. And they need to come up with a suitable alternative for our older fan base. For example, printed tickets with barcodes that actually work. The club should produce and print them and they can be collected at the box office prior to games.
Digital ticketing on 10:12 - Aug 8 with 1229 viewsE17hoop

Digital ticketing on 09:32 - Aug 8 by LythamR

i am wondering what percentage of the issues yesterday were down to this "testing of the app

certainly there were a high percentage of failed attempts when i was looking at the Upper loft turnstiles on SAR at 2:35 but people were simply turning round and going off to find a steward so perhaps they were half expecting it. I have to say that when it works it is a quicker process with better flow than the old turnstile and manual scanning from my observations

None - they cancelled the app test before the match. Got an email yesterday morning saying it'd be attempted vs Barnsley.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2021 10:13]

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Digital ticketing on 10:23 - Aug 8 with 1216 viewsLythamR

Digital ticketing on 10:12 - Aug 8 by E17hoop

None - they cancelled the app test before the match. Got an email yesterday morning saying it'd be attempted vs Barnsley.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2021 10:13]

if the notification was yesterday morning the i imagine some may have missed it. I think its likely that some of it was down to people using existing ST's and assuming they would work. certainly there was already a healthy queue of people for the box office by 2:20 and growing.

The technical problems encountered at Elersie and SAR turnstiles appear to have been on top of the card activation issue
Digital ticketing on 10:30 - Aug 8 with 1185 viewsdistortR

Digital ticketing on 10:10 - Aug 8 by 1JD

It’s not fair. And they need to come up with a suitable alternative for our older fan base. For example, printed tickets with barcodes that actually work. The club should produce and print them and they can be collected at the box office prior to games.

yeah, i hope to be over soon and have an old nokia, don't want to get an electronic teat i'll feel the need to be forever suckling on!
Digital ticketing on 14:31 - Aug 8 with 1043 viewsterryb

My phone scanned immediately, but unfortunately the turnstyle wouldn't move! Quite a few people had this problem with the same turnstyle.

It was still easy to get it resolved with a steward & I entered the ground quicker than I am used to.
Digital ticketing on 15:10 - Aug 8 with 1027 viewsColinr

Digital ticketing on 14:31 - Aug 8 by terryb

My phone scanned immediately, but unfortunately the turnstyle wouldn't move! Quite a few people had this problem with the same turnstyle.

It was still easy to get it resolved with a steward & I entered the ground quicker than I am used to.

Had my season ticket reactivated couple of weeks back. Got to lower loft, card scanned immediately and Enter flashed on screen. Gate however did not operate so got stewards attention and he used his scanner to I guess delete the entrance and asked I try again. No joy from this point so he opened turnstile to let me and my son & daughter through whose cards did not work at all. Will mail club to bring to their attention and hope all good next game
Digital ticketing on 16:57 - Aug 8 with 965 viewsPinnerPaul

Digital ticketing on 20:51 - Aug 7 by Stanisgod

Did anyone use their old card with the barcode, was it ok?

Yes I did, with the help of my nephew who happened to be on duty at ER!

My one complaint was club said get there early then opened the turnstiles 15 minutes later than usual - genius!
Login to get fewer ads

Digital ticketing on 16:59 - Aug 8 with 959 viewsPinnerPaul

Digital ticketing on 07:33 - Aug 8 by Harbour

Me and my bro had the pdf print outs scanned both to get into the upper loft was no problem. Sae a few having issues with their phones. Was strange seeing so many in the ground just gone 2pm. Clearly most people think the COVID is over as saw very few masks being worn anywhere in the ground. But was fantastic to be back.

Apart from the toilets, its all outside, never been advised to wear a mask outside, even when covid at its worse.
Digital ticketing on 21:34 - Aug 8 with 865 viewsHarbour

Digital ticketing on 16:59 - Aug 8 by PinnerPaul

Apart from the toilets, its all outside, never been advised to wear a mask outside, even when covid at its worse.

Blue and White Bar was rammed but yes your right it’s everyone’s choice on masks etc.
Digital ticketing on 21:52 - Aug 8 with 841 viewsStanisgod

Digital ticketing on 16:57 - Aug 8 by PinnerPaul

Yes I did, with the help of my nephew who happened to be on duty at ER!

My one complaint was club said get there early then opened the turnstiles 15 minutes later than usual - genius!

Cheers PP. Didnt have to try my old card yesterday as I moved my seat to sit with my son and grandson so had a good old fashioned paper ticket.
Bit nervous about Barnsley to be fair but will get there early anyway.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Digital ticketing on 14:00 - Aug 9 with 719 viewsPinnerPaul

Digital ticketing on 21:52 - Aug 8 by Stanisgod

Cheers PP. Didnt have to try my old card yesterday as I moved my seat to sit with my son and grandson so had a good old fashioned paper ticket.
Bit nervous about Barnsley to be fair but will get there early anyway.

As I've said elsewhere, it didn't work immediately, but changed the position of the card slightly on my nephew's say so and then it did.

I was very early and he did say it did get 'interesting' later on!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024