Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Glasgow Rangers 21:43 - Oct 1 with 5498 viewspencoedjack

Steve Gerrard doing an excellent job

Superb result against Galatarsary tonight

🇬🇧
[Post edited 1 Oct 2020 21:47]
Glasgow Rangers on 17:30 - Oct 18 with 1032 viewsraynor94

Glasgow Rangers on 17:19 - Oct 18 by Chief

So for the theories we have for Rangers allegiance amongst Swans fans so far are:
- Nationalist / Political.
- Gazza.

Any others?

Jesus, with respect you are the most pedantic poster on here by a country mile.

Some people have allegiances to Celtic and Rangers, does it matter? Most of the posts on here concerning the two, are just banter plain and simple.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Glasgow Rangers on 17:55 - Oct 18 with 1008 viewsChief

Glasgow Rangers on 17:30 - Oct 18 by raynor94

Jesus, with respect you are the most pedantic poster on here by a country mile.

Some people have allegiances to Celtic and Rangers, does it matter? Most of the posts on here concerning the two, are just banter plain and simple.

Where have I been pedantic?

It could matter - it depends on the reasons for such allegiance I suppose.

Ok banter, but we don't get Palace v Brighton or Dundee v Dundee Utd or Spurs v Arsenal banter amongst our fans though do we?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Glasgow Rangers on 18:20 - Oct 18 with 997 viewsKilkennyjack

Glasgow Rangers on 17:28 - Oct 18 by Neath_Jack

They have better kits than Celtic.

No chance.

Instantly recognisable world wide hoops, or minging boring Cardiff blue ..

Beware of the Risen People

Glasgow Rangers on 21:20 - Oct 18 with 965 viewsSwanjaxs

Glasgow Rangers on 14:43 - Oct 17 by raynor94

Great win for the Gers today, Step up and play.......

In fairness, one of the most one sided Old Firm games I've ever seen.

Rangers were excellent and the scoreline flattered Celtic.

No shots on target in an old firm game for Celtic is unprecedented.

I still think 10-I-A-R is still on, but it will go down to the wire...

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Glasgow Rangers on 22:32 - Oct 18 with 945 viewsTrefynwySwan

Totally agree with this 👍👍
I am a proud Welshman and do not identify, in any way, with the red, white and blue, God save the queen, Union Jack, King Billy, LOL or any of the other symbolism of Glasgow Rangers and it’s supporters.
When I lived in Glasgow, a mate of mine from Borth, Aberystwyth and I used to take a big Wales flag to Parkhead. We were always warmly welcomed as fellow Celts, as were Welsh players like Big John Hartson, Bellamy, Ledley and Matthews.
Remember during one Auld Firm game seeing a big St George’s cross with Rangers, Chelsea, Cardiff and Linfield in the quarters. Say no more!!! Everyone’s entitled to their opinions and allegiances, but it’s not for me.
‘Come on you boys in green’ 🇨🇮🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🍀
Glasgow Rangers on 22:36 - Oct 18 with 938 viewsSwanjaxs

Glasgow Rangers on 22:32 - Oct 18 by TrefynwySwan

I am a proud Welshman and do not identify, in any way, with the red, white and blue, God save the queen, Union Jack, King Billy, LOL or any of the other symbolism of Glasgow Rangers and it’s supporters.
When I lived in Glasgow, a mate of mine from Borth, Aberystwyth and I used to take a big Wales flag to Parkhead. We were always warmly welcomed as fellow Celts, as were Welsh players like Big John Hartson, Bellamy, Ledley and Matthews.
Remember during one Auld Firm game seeing a big St George’s cross with Rangers, Chelsea, Cardiff and Linfield in the quarters. Say no more!!! Everyone’s entitled to their opinions and allegiances, but it’s not for me.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Glasgow Rangers on 22:43 - Oct 18 with 930 viewsonehunglow

Take a look at your passport.It says British ergo you are. Like it or not.

Celtic clearly the club for nationalistic hatred.

The very worst of clubs ,filth personified.

A club whose supporters celebrated deaths of British soldiers and that would included Welsh .

I feel deep shame when I see these comments as our forefathers went to war to lay down their lives for us Welsh British .It is the same thing. Get the fook over it

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Glasgow Rangers on 22:45 - Oct 18 with 927 viewsSwanjaxs

Glasgow Rangers on 22:43 - Oct 18 by onehunglow

A club whose supporters celebrated deaths of British soldiers and that would included Welsh .

I feel deep shame when I see these comments as our forefathers went to war to lay down their lives for us Welsh British .It is the same thing. Get the fook over it

Login to get fewer ads

Glasgow Rangers on 23:33 - Oct 18 with 905 viewsKilkennyjack

Not for long.

The old Westmonster union is dead.
A free Scotland and a United Ireland are already inevitable.

So Cymru has a choice.
Westwalesshire on Brexidiot island ? - or an independent modern democratic nation ?.
Its a fecking no brainer.

Celtic - ‘born of famine and oppression’, to put food in the table of the poor in Glasgow. The club was started as a cause for good - and it still retains that pull for many . HH ☘️💚
Rangers are the club of the establishment.
Its us against them.

Beware of the Risen People

Glasgow Rangers on 07:52 - Oct 19 with 869 views34dfgdf54

Glasgow Rangers on 22:32 - Oct 18 by TrefynwySwan

Just make sure you don't wear a poppy.

Easy work for the Gers Saturday.
Glasgow Rangers on 08:48 - Oct 19 with 850 viewspencoedjack

A quick google search will confirm the hatred of Celtic fans for anything British, songs about Lee Rigby & others deaths of British soldiers is commonplace.

Its amazing how those same fans pine to play in the English football league similar to our fans who hate anything English, bugger off & watch teams in the national league of the country you want to make an independent.

Anyway that's my last post about anything other than football related matters regarding Rangers.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2020 8:56]
Glasgow Rangers on 14:01 - Oct 19 with 776 viewsTrefynwySwan

Bit disappointed by some of the posts on this thread to be honest. Some real self righteous nonsense in response to my moderate post. Not asking anyone to agree with me and not saying anything extreme, in my opinion.
First and foremost, my forefathers fought fascism, aggression and intolerance. They did not fight for some idea of a British/English Empire. One of the many benefits of their sacrifices is our freedom of speech and opinion. Some on here seem to be forgetting that, and this is the real shame to their memory. So yes, I will wear a poppy thanks, as I always do, to remember those of all nations who lost their lives. To suggest I would do otherwise just because of an expressed interest in a certain football club is insulting.
Finally, if you Google Search sectarian hatred, then you find sectarian hatred. It is not exclusively one sided, and in my experience the majority of people I’ve met from both sides are not extreme in their views.
Glasgow Rangers on 14:25 - Oct 19 with 763 views34dfgdf54

Glasgow Rangers on 14:01 - Oct 19 by TrefynwySwan

Bit disappointed by some of the posts on this thread to be honest. Some real self righteous nonsense in response to my moderate post. Not asking anyone to agree with me and not saying anything extreme, in my opinion.
First and foremost, my forefathers fought fascism, aggression and intolerance. They did not fight for some idea of a British/English Empire. One of the many benefits of their sacrifices is our freedom of speech and opinion. Some on here seem to be forgetting that, and this is the real shame to their memory. So yes, I will wear a poppy thanks, as I always do, to remember those of all nations who lost their lives. To suggest I would do otherwise just because of an expressed interest in a certain football club is insulting.
Finally, if you Google Search sectarian hatred, then you find sectarian hatred. It is not exclusively one sided, and in my experience the majority of people I’ve met from both sides are not extreme in their views.

I don't think it would go down well in a stadium full of Celtic fans, that's what I meant. Didn't the big banner last year call the poppy blood stained? With the chants to go with it during the two minute silence?

I personally can't stand the football club, just my opinion.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2020 14:28]
Glasgow Rangers on 15:19 - Oct 19 with 749 viewsonehunglow

British lads have gone to two world wars to fight for the freedom of the UK ,amongst others.At this time, "neutral " Ireland was either fighting the British guesrilla style or simply giving tacit support to the Naziz believing they would split up the UK and unite the iland of Ireland.

The men who were slaughtered in Flander fields were fighting for the freedom of Scotland too and for both protestants and catholics so to support Celtic ,to me,is simply appalling and unthinkable gven their fans basically support the killing the British servicemen ,which they do quite clearly.

Celtic football club and its fanbase to me are beyond acceptable comment for this site and Im not getting a yellow card from Keith over them

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Glasgow Rangers on 22:49 - Oct 19 with 697 viewsbermudajack

Personally not too keen on either club, I was in Edinburgh for a stag weekend many, many years ago... met a few Hibs fans on a night out, they heard I was a Swans fan and talked about Lee Trundle on Soccer AM etc. They were great guys and told me that Hibs were playing Celtic the next day and I should pop along to Easter Road, so without a ticket I went on my own, met a few of the lads outside the ground and they sorted me out with a ticket at face value. Had a great time, went for some beers afterwards and I’ve returned to Easter Road a couple of times since.
A Great club and something I never knew... if it wasn’t for Hibs FC - Celtic FC wouldn’t exists 🤷🏻‍♂️

Poll: Priority for new manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024