Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bands that you wished you got to see but missed 09:13 - Aug 28 with 6208 viewsRamseyR

Time for another music thread before the action starts

I've been fortunate enough to go to many gigs over the years and have seen many bands Looking back I realise how fortunate I was to see some legendary bands in what was a short life for either the band or the artist.

But what was the one who got away?

I still can't believe how I managed not to see this band. Even odder, when I saw most of the bands around the scene several times, and one of the best punk albums ever in Germfree Adolescents

X Ray Spex.

RIP Polly
Bands that you wished you got to see but missed on 15:26 - Aug 30 with 1044 viewslightwaterhoop

The Who with Keith Moon.My Sister had a ticket at Charlton for me but i was still at school at the time and didnt have the money.
Bands that you wished you got to see but missed on 15:30 - Aug 30 with 1038 viewsRangersDave

queen at Knebworth.

Girlfriend had tickets but we split 2 days before the gig.Grrrrrrrrrrr

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Bands that you wished you got to see but missed on 19:04 - Aug 30 with 993 viewsNordicR

The Ramones. I had tickets twice, but could never get time off. I saw Marky Ramone and his band once, but it was like watching a half decent cover band.
Bands that you wished you got to see but missed on 20:16 - Aug 30 with 963 viewsMonahoop

Bands that you wished you got to see but missed on 11:31 - Aug 28 by WrightUp5hit___

Had never seen Stevie Ray Vaughan play live so when a tour in late September 1990 was announced, I was on it for tickets at Hammersmith Odeon.

So a few weeks before the European tour he made a fatal mistake and jumped in a helicopter on a foggy evening and the rest is history.

Saw SRV at Reading '82. Probably the best band of the weekend and he was booed mercilessly at the start only to finish with a standing ovation. You see nobody had heard of him, they had by the time he had finished his set. Superb.

I wish I had seen Bowie or Dr Feelgood with Wilko. Seen Wilko bags of times, [ brilliant even when he's having a bad day] but teamed up with Lee Brilleaux, that would have been something. I would love to have seen the Kinks in their prime. I've seen Ray Davies, but it's not the same without his old band.
And on the punk scene, I'm a big fan of Vic Godard, but I missed the original Subway Sect.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Bands that you wished you got to see but missed on 21:36 - Aug 30 with 938 viewsLythamR

Been lucky enough to see nearly everyone i wanted to except for the B52's who somehow escaped me
Bands that you wished you got to see but missed on 22:16 - Aug 30 with 924 viewsThe_Beast1976

Bands that you wished you got to see but missed on 08:49 - Aug 30 by BlackCrowe

Marley, Clash, ACDC with Bon Scott, Sinatra, The Meters, Johnny Thunders and Heartbreakers, Little Feat, Sly and the family stone....and there's the ones off the top of my head.

The Verve
Bands that you wished you got to see but missed on 23:22 - Aug 30 with 904 viewsBlackCrowe

Twice. Lyceum and the Rainbow. Insanely good both times. Both amazing venues long gone.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Bands that you wished you got to see but missed on 23:24 - Aug 30 with 902 viewsqprxtc

A band I really really wished I’d seen live but never ever got the sodding chance cause they gave up playing gits cause the lead singer is a bit of a wuss?

Nah, can’t think of one.
Login to get fewer ads

Bands that you wished you got to see but missed on 00:28 - Aug 31 with 878 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Bands that you wished you got to see but missed on 01:29 - Aug 31 with 865 viewsMetallica_Hoop

[Post edited 31 Aug 2020 1:34]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024