Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Johnson be forced to stand down? 15:36 - Jun 3 with 9745 viewsymaohyd

I have no idea what the legalities are, however, should Johnson be forced to stand down? My own opinion is that he/the government have managed our response badly, on such a massive scale that it has led to the catastrophic numbers that we are now witnessing.

France, Italy and Spain have poor figures, however we are an island! As things go we were perfectly placed to so to speak to control it's impact.

I've given my opinions on another thread as to Johnson not attending Cobra meetings, speculating that he was being advised by Cummings, which is fine when it comes to being a strategist for an election or a campaign like Brexit (indeed brilliant) but not when it comes to dealing with what is the greatest challenge since the end of the 2nd world war.

Given the nature of this pandemic and the world's difficulty in dealing with it, I would never usually single someone out for blame, however in my opinion we have got it so badly wrong that i'm amazed that the question hasn't been asked or a movement hasn't been formed to get him out....he has been a fuc king disaster and still it continues!?

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 20:49 - Jun 3 with 1328 viewsKilkennyjack

Yes.

Beware of the Risen People

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 21:01 - Jun 3 with 1314 viewswaynekerr55

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 20:26 - Jun 3 by exiledclaseboy

The one we ended up with was more or less exactly the same.

With the backstop replaced by the front stop in the Irish sea.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 21:01 - Jun 3 with 1310 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 20:48 - Jun 3 by BarrySwan

Are you really as deranged as you come across as?

Brexit responsible for Coronavirus? I've heard it all now.

Its amazing how many self certified pandemic experts there were lurking on this board for years that none of us knew about.

As regards the Cons they are a shower who are winging it just as just about everyone else in the world is.

I've no time for Boris but imagine Steptoe,, McDonnell, Lammy, Abbott, creepy Gardener , Thornbelly and Wrong Daily dealing with anything like this, the mind boggles.

Maybe you should stop with the hysterical cringeworthy rants, you're embarrassing yourself and don't know any more about dealing with pandemics than the rest of us.

At least he knows how to read the context of a comment, unlike you.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 21:09]
Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 22:24 - Jun 3 with 1267 viewsItchySphincter

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 20:48 - Jun 3 by BarrySwan

Are you really as deranged as you come across as?

Brexit responsible for Coronavirus? I've heard it all now.

Its amazing how many self certified pandemic experts there were lurking on this board for years that none of us knew about.

As regards the Cons they are a shower who are winging it just as just about everyone else in the world is.

I've no time for Boris but imagine Steptoe,, McDonnell, Lammy, Abbott, creepy Gardener , Thornbelly and Wrong Daily dealing with anything like this, the mind boggles.

Maybe you should stop with the hysterical cringeworthy rants, you're embarrassing yourself and don't know any more about dealing with pandemics than the rest of us.

Have another go son.....

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 22:37 - Jun 3 with 1254 viewssainthelens

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 15:43 - Jun 3 by Darran

Well before anyone answers the question who would you have in place of him?
Hancock? Gove? JRM? Patel?

Go on choose.

I asked the same question when people wanted May gone.

Alan Carr.
Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 22:45 - Jun 3 with 1235 viewsHighjack

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 18:16 - Jun 3 by swan65split

Make your own minds up

Thank god that big red circle is there to show us where to find his ear.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 22:48 - Jun 3 with 1232 viewsbuilthjack

The second worse PM in my lifetime. Yes, should go.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 22:50 - Jun 3 with 1220 viewsFireboy2

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 22:48 - Jun 3 by builthjack

The second worse PM in my lifetime. Yes, should go.

Hear Hear K 👏
Login to get fewer ads

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 22:50 - Jun 3 with 1219 viewsCatullus

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 19:00 - Jun 3 by ItchySphincter

Johnson should never have been anywhere near it in the first place.

Thanks Brexiteers, you got us here, stop complaining and suck it up whilst the vulnerable shield, our children lose their education, the most unfortunate die and the economy is crippled for many years. Brexit gave us this government. FACT.

If Labour had won the only thing that MIGHT have been different is how we handled the Pandemic and we MIGHT have had less deaths.

The economic impact would have been quite the same, except Corbyn might well have thrown more money at it.

Westminster gave us this government because so many MP's were against Brexit and the people who supported leave were fed up of politicians not listening. This country's political problems didn't start with Brexit any more than the USA's race problem started with Trump.

Useless politicians on all sides have been our problem for decades, whichever country you're in!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 23:02 - Jun 3 with 1207 viewsBrynCartwright

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 15:44 - Jun 3 by dickythorpe

Trump will be shot soon, so hopefully Johnson will to.

You haven't taken out assassin contracts on them have you..?...in which case I cannot help but tell you that would be really, really wrong indeed!!! Yep, absolutely awful! The worst! Truly bad!

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 07:51 - Jun 4 with 1154 viewsepaul

If B**** did go and the Chancellor got the gig, it would be so funny to see the outrage and meltdown from the gammon community

The outrage from certain area's that a lovely asian lady won Bake off was bad enough

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 08:32 - Jun 4 with 1131 viewspikeypaul

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 16:07 - Jun 3 by vetchonian

Unfortuneatly not as many were "kicked out" such as Ken Clarke,Nicholas Soames for doing the same as Bojo did to Theresa...voting against the cunning Brexit plan....

😆 😆

Is that the cunning plan that the majority of the country voted democratically for?

The reason BOJO voted against May were entirely different to the reasons the remoaners like Clarke voted against her, but obviously you do not understand to well.

If you can not accept democracy and the will of the British people please be quiet.

OUT

AFLI
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 8:37]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 08:40 - Jun 4 with 1120 viewsswan65split

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 22:45 - Jun 3 by Highjack

Thank god that big red circle is there to show us where to find his ear.

Probably done as he was influenced by those shouting "hear hear"...........I"ll get my coat!
Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 08:43 - Jun 4 with 1116 viewspikeypaul

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 15:44 - Jun 3 by dickythorpe

Trump will be shot soon, so hopefully Johnson will to.

Another planet swans sh!t head thinking it’s fine to call for people to be murdered.

And we have the cheek to call them up the road scum.

OUT

AFLI
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 9:02]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 08:51 - Jun 4 with 1117 viewsWarwickHunt

It’s a bit like watching Richard Dawkins and Father Jack arguing about the existence of God.
Cake! Drink! Feck! Girls!

John Crace, obviously.

“PM flounders as he tries to answer Keir Starmer’s questions on coronavirus.

You can sense the growing disbelief and anger. All his life Boris Johnson has been told that he is the Special One. A person for whom all rules are there to be broken. He is a man who has consistently managed to fail upwards. Sacked from one job for lying or incompetence, he has always effortlessly moved on to a better one. Friends, family and children have only ever been collateral damage in a ruthless pursuit of an entitled ambition.
Yet now there is no hiding place. Boris has achieved his narcissistic goal of becoming prime minister and from here the only way is down. And it’s a lonely place to be because even he can’t escape the fact that he’s just not cut out for the top job. It’s not just that it’s too much like hard work and he is basically lazy: it’s that he’s not that good at it. Lame gags, bluster and Latin free association just don’t cut it.

Put simply, Boris isn’t as bright as he has come to believe he is. In fact, he’s quite dim. And nowhere is this more evident than when he’s up against Keir Starmer at prime minister’s questions in front of a near empty chamber. During their first few outings, much was made of how Boris crumbled in the face of the Labour leader’s forensic questioning. But now it’s clear Johnson can’t cope with any kind of questioning at all. Because even when Starmer isn’t at his absolute sharpest, Boris begins to fall apart. It’s as if he knows he’s up against a man of greater intellect and morality and his only defence is to lash out.
It doesn’t help that Boris has become his own worst enemy. The charmer turned charmless. Mr Happy turned Mr Angry. It also doesn’t help that even when his friends at the Daily Telegraph try to big him up with a story about how he was going to take direct control over the government’s handling of the coronavirus, they only succeed in teeing up Starmer with his first free hit. Who had been in charge of the government during the past three months? Apart from Classic Dom of course. Because we could all take that as read.
Boris immediately became defensive and snappy. He had always been in control. All that was changing was that now he would be in total control. Besides, he stood behind what the government had done so far. There hadn’t been many other countries that had managed to kill so many of its citizens through negligence and indifference, so that was something of which we should all be proud. Besides why was the Labour leader standing up and asking him all these difficult questions when he could easily have been more supportive?

This left Starmer rather perplexed as he had a copy of a letter he had written to the prime minister a fortnight ago offering to help find a solution on reopening schools to which he had not yet received a reply. “Um … er,” said the floundering Boris. He had rung him back. Except he hadn’t. He had merely spoken to all the opposition leaders on a joint conference call.

PMQs: Keir Starmer clashes with Boris Johnson over coronavirus response — video
There was something almost pathetic about Boris pleading for people to trust him at the very moment he was lying. Starmer merely pointed out that trust had to be earned, and returned to the charge sheet. Why had Johnson eased lockdown restrictions when the woman in charge of track and trace on which the new guidance was predicated had said the programme wouldn’t be fully functional till the end of the month? Why had the guidelines been altered when the threat was still stuck at level 4?

By now it was clear that Starmer had got under Boris’s skin, and Johnson began to visibly fall apart as he tugged at his hair, tried to prevent his chin from wobbling and angrily jabbed his finger. A prime minister unable to differentiate between being picked on and being subjected to the bare minimum of democratic scrutiny. For Boris even the most modest of criticism is interpreted as a personal betrayal. He might not be very good but he was doing his very best and it was about time the Labour leader and the rest of the country expressed their gratitude for that.
As so often, the leaders’ exchanges ended with Boris doing a U-turn on government policy. If you had to guess from PMQs who was running the country then you’d have to say it was Starmer. Only the previous day, Johnson had insisted on a three-line whip in support of Jacob Rees-Mogg’s plans to institutionalise discrimination into the workings of the Commons. Now it sounded very much as if he had had a change of mind. Which had meant that much of Tuesday’s proceedings had been as big a waste of time as MPs queueing up for 90 minutes to deprive absent MPs of a vote.
Not that queueing was necessarily a bad thing, Boris ad-libbed. The public had queued for Ikea so it was right for MPs to get their knees dirty and queue to vote as well. Even though there was a fully functional alternative up and running already. It’s getting harder and harder to know where satire ends and reality starts.

Boris breathed a sigh of relief when Starmer’s six questions came to an end, but there was no let up. The SNP’s Ian Blackford twice asked Boris to condemn President Trump’s handling of the riots in the US — teargassing peaceful protesters to get a photo op in front of a church had been a particular low point — and twice the prime minister declined. Even Theresa May got in on the act by asking a Brexit question he couldn’t answer. How the Tory benches could do with her at PMQs right now.
The truth is that Boris is a beaten man even before he stands up to speak at the dispatch box. He knows that. Keir knows that. Worst of all, the country knows that. The shouting is all just empty, white noise. A distraction from his own limitations. And at a time of national crisis you can’t get away with putting that on the side of a bus.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 8:52]
Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 08:53 - Jun 4 with 1114 viewsHighjack

Am I the only one who can’t make out a ear piece in that photo? Just looks like a normal run of the mill meatus to me.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 09:55 - Jun 4 with 1080 viewsHighjack

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 08:53 - Jun 4 by Highjack

Am I the only one who can’t make out a ear piece in that photo? Just looks like a normal run of the mill meatus to me.

Now I come to think of it there must be something in there or else we’d be able to see the light shining through from the other side.

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 10:01 - Jun 4 with 1075 viewskarnataka

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 08:32 - Jun 4 by pikeypaul

😆 😆

Is that the cunning plan that the majority of the country voted democratically for?

The reason BOJO voted against May were entirely different to the reasons the remoaners like Clarke voted against her, but obviously you do not understand to well.

If you can not accept democracy and the will of the British people please be quiet.

OUT

AFLI
[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 8:37]

Just for the sake of factual and mathematical accuracy:-

Leave received approx 17.4 million votes in the EU referendum which represented 51.9% of the votes cast.

The electorate at that time was approx 46.6 million so leave votes represented 37.3% of the electorate.

The population of the UK at that time was approx 66.5 million so leave votes represented 26.2% of the country.

By no mathematical definition can either 37.3% or 26.2% be called "the majority of the country".
Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 10:03 - Jun 4 with 1071 viewsHighjack

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 10:01 - Jun 4 by karnataka

Just for the sake of factual and mathematical accuracy:-

Leave received approx 17.4 million votes in the EU referendum which represented 51.9% of the votes cast.

The electorate at that time was approx 46.6 million so leave votes represented 37.3% of the electorate.

The population of the UK at that time was approx 66.5 million so leave votes represented 26.2% of the country.

By no mathematical definition can either 37.3% or 26.2% be called "the majority of the country".

It’s the majority of the voting electorate.

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 10:05 - Jun 4 with 1068 viewskarnataka

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 10:03 - Jun 4 by Highjack

It’s the majority of the voting electorate.

But not the majority of the country. We're agreed then.
Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 10:18 - Jun 4 with 1055 viewsPete3001

Of those bothered to vote - their choice - majority voted to Leave.
That is democracy - for good or bad.
Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 10:20 - Jun 4 with 1053 viewsHighjack

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 10:05 - Jun 4 by karnataka

But not the majority of the country. We're agreed then.

Of course, unless you want to start counting children, old people with dementia and those who couldn’t be arsed to vote we’ll never know what the majority of the country thinks.

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? (n/t) on 10:22 - Jun 4 with 1047 viewsPete3001

[Post edited 4 Jun 2020 11:48]
Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 10:22 - Jun 4 with 1046 viewssherpajacob

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 10:18 - Jun 4 by Pete3001

Of those bothered to vote - their choice - majority voted to Leave.
That is democracy - for good or bad.

indeed it is bad democracy.

Most countries/democracies require a super majority for major constitutional change.

The 1979 devolution referendums contained clauses to that effect.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Should Johnson be forced to stand down? on 10:25 - Jun 4 with 1039 viewsPete3001

I agree should have been 55 or 60% threshold.
But there wasn't as nobody expected Leave to win.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024