Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jenkins, master bullsh@tter! The press finnaly waking up? 13:32 - Dec 30 with 15331 viewsWingstandwood

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/huw-jenkins-claims-swansea-city-156

Argus!

Jenkins, master bullsh@tter! The press finnaly waking up? on 09:49 - Jan 1 with 1592 views34dfgdf54

Jenkins, master bullsh@tter! The press finnaly waking up? on 09:45 - Jan 1 by E20Jack_TheBoss

Hello Risca, haven’t we been through this many times already?

I took it the same as everyone else as my point was never that he would retain his full value, just that a British signing generally retain their value more than foreigners, with us being unable to sell either Ayew, Bony or Borja and only had a max offer for Mesa which was less % of what we paid than the max offer we received for Clucas suggests I was absolutely spot on.

The timing of the sale had a lot to do with the disappointing fee also. An exceptional circumstance.

Thanks for asking though.

Thanks E20.

Being wrong is ok.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 10:04]
Jenkins, master bullsh@tter! The press finnaly waking up? on 09:50 - Jan 1 with 1591 viewswaynekerr55

Jenkins, master bullsh@tter! The press finnaly waking up? on 09:44 - Jan 1 by E20Jack_TheBoss

The argument does not fall down there because that is not my argument. People have a funny habit of creating my viewpoints for me.

Talk about his conduct as much as you like, he’s handled some of the stuff horrendously.

My point is always that if you are going to try and abuse someone, then at least be accurate. To re-write history or selectively critique the most successful period in our existence just won’t wash

Football, all about opinions.

The bloke was at his best when he let others do his work. He's been an absolute car crash post Laudrup. I suppose a different question would be would punters have taken earlier relegation (as opposed to the highest finish) and healthier finances.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Jenkins, master bullsh@tter! The press finnaly waking up? on 09:58 - Jan 1 with 1571 viewsE20Jack_TheBoss

Jenkins, master bullsh@tter! The press finnaly waking up? on 09:50 - Jan 1 by waynekerr55

Football, all about opinions.

The bloke was at his best when he let others do his work. He's been an absolute car crash post Laudrup. I suppose a different question would be would punters have taken earlier relegation (as opposed to the highest finish) and healthier finances.

But it’s still not true though is it.

We had our highest ever Premier League finish after Laudrup left and in the transfer market we have continued to make massive profits.
Jenkins, master bullsh@tter! The press finnaly waking up? on 10:10 - Jan 1 with 1547 viewsPawelAbbott

Jenkins, master bullsh@tter! The press finnaly waking up? on 09:46 - Jan 1 by E20Jack_TheBoss

Nope he won’t. Single purchases are more rewarding and more wasteful as we are dealing at the top table. That’s the nature of the beast, the fact we are there at all being able to do that is in no small part down to him.

Finishing 6th in the old division 1 does not trump, a major trophy, 7 consecutive seasons in the top flight, knockout stages of Europe and back to back top 10 finishes. Not even close.

That doesn’t even touch upon the strides the club made off the pitch of course.

I think you'll find that they are all factually correct.
Sadly, you can't add caveats to the history books to say there was some circumstances surrounding it.
He has been successful, he has been unsuccessful.
He has however, failed to do the decent thing and get out when his reputation was intact
Jenkins, master bullsh@tter! The press finnaly waking up? on 10:16 - Jan 1 with 1539 viewsmagicdaps10

Bloody hell,E20 the boss!!!

Talk about self importance.

I hope he is just a WUM because if not, he has massive issues.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Jenkins, master bullsh@tter! The press finnaly waking up? on 10:16 - Jan 1 with 1537 viewsE20Jack_TheBoss

Jenkins, master bullsh@tter! The press finnaly waking up? on 10:10 - Jan 1 by PawelAbbott

I think you'll find that they are all factually correct.
Sadly, you can't add caveats to the history books to say there was some circumstances surrounding it.
He has been successful, he has been unsuccessful.
He has however, failed to do the decent thing and get out when his reputation was intact

There isn’t any caveats, it’s common sense. Most of our history we have been dealing with transfer fees involving 10k or less. Of course any stint in the PL is going to coincide with our biggest losses on selected single transfers. However since we got there we have made a 40m profit on transfer fees and while doing so achieved our most successful ever era.

Why should he leave? Because you want him to? I want to be President of the United States too, however sadly what I want I don’t always get. His reputation is the most successful chairman we have ever had and will always be viewed as that, because it is a fact. Whether you like him or not is irrelevant.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 10:17]
Jenkins, master bullsh@tter! The press finnaly waking up? on 10:18 - Jan 1 with 1527 viewsE20Jack_TheBoss

Jenkins, master bullsh@tter! The press finnaly waking up? on 10:16 - Jan 1 by magicdaps10

Bloody hell,E20 the boss!!!

Talk about self importance.

I hope he is just a WUM because if not, he has massive issues.

Hi Daps, keep banging that drum.

Someone may listen one day.
Jenkins, master bullsh@tter! The press finnaly waking up? on 10:21 - Jan 1 with 1523 viewswaynekerr55

Jenkins, master bullsh@tter! The press finnaly waking up? on 09:58 - Jan 1 by E20Jack_TheBoss

But it’s still not true though is it.

We had our highest ever Premier League finish after Laudrup left and in the transfer market we have continued to make massive profits.

Ok E20 I'll rephrase. Yes, he drove up transfer income whilst simultaneously rising operating costs above and beyond the said transfer 'profit. As chief accounting officer of the business the buck stops with him.

About the highest finish I refer you to my previous post as to whether 8th place was worth almost making the club insolvent

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

Jenkins, master bullsh@tter! The press finnaly waking up? on 10:25 - Jan 1 with 1505 viewsPawelAbbott

Jenkins, master bullsh@tter! The press finnaly waking up? on 10:16 - Jan 1 by E20Jack_TheBoss

There isn’t any caveats, it’s common sense. Most of our history we have been dealing with transfer fees involving 10k or less. Of course any stint in the PL is going to coincide with our biggest losses on selected single transfers. However since we got there we have made a 40m profit on transfer fees and while doing so achieved our most successful ever era.

Why should he leave? Because you want him to? I want to be President of the United States too, however sadly what I want I don’t always get. His reputation is the most successful chairman we have ever had and will always be viewed as that, because it is a fact. Whether you like him or not is irrelevant.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 10:17]

Why should he leave?
Because he himself said that if we were relegated his position would be untenable.
We were relegated.
He has stuck it out in an untenable position.
To be honest it doesn't bother me in the slightest if he is in charge of the club, there is nothing I can do about it either way.
Jenkins, master bullsh@tter! The press finnaly waking up? on 10:47 - Jan 1 with 1461 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Jenkins, master bullsh@tter! The press finnaly waking up? on 10:25 - Jan 1 by PawelAbbott

Why should he leave?
Because he himself said that if we were relegated his position would be untenable.
We were relegated.
To be honest it doesn't bother me in the slightest if he is in charge of the club, there is nothing I can do about it either way.

He just wants people's attention. Logic won't stop him

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Jenkins, master bullsh@tter! The press finnaly waking up? on 11:29 - Jan 1 with 1429 viewsE20Jack_TheBoss

Jenkins, master bullsh@tter! The press finnaly waking up? on 10:21 - Jan 1 by waynekerr55

Ok E20 I'll rephrase. Yes, he drove up transfer income whilst simultaneously rising operating costs above and beyond the said transfer 'profit. As chief accounting officer of the business the buck stops with him.

About the highest finish I refer you to my previous post as to whether 8th place was worth almost making the club insolvent

Of course, that is part and parcel of having success at your club. I don’t for one second believe the club was anywhere near insolvent, that’s just scare mongering. Our funds were kept in playing staff giving us a much stronger team than most other similar clubs knowing that upon relegation we would fill the hole left by the sales and then have the academy and super successful Premier League reserve side to have another go. You say the buck stops with him as if it wa somehow a mistake, if we get promoted and stay there for 7 years and achieve all we did again - in all likelihood we will have done the same thing.
Jenkins, master bullsh@tter! The press finnaly waking up? on 11:31 - Jan 1 with 1424 viewsE20Jack_TheBoss

Jenkins, master bullsh@tter! The press finnaly waking up? on 10:47 - Jan 1 by Brynmill_Jack

He just wants people's attention. Logic won't stop him

By making simple and factual points?

Aye.

Tell you what, can you stop giving me your attention please. You are clearly very irrational and emotional no doubt based on former occasions your opinions have been utterly destroyed by common sense.

Ta
Jenkins, master bullsh@tter! The press finnaly waking up? on 11:32 - Jan 1 with 1416 viewsE20Jack_TheBoss

Jenkins, master bullsh@tter! The press finnaly waking up? on 10:25 - Jan 1 by PawelAbbott

Why should he leave?
We were relegated.

No he didn’t. He didn’t say that once.

That doesn’t stop people peddling that lie though.
Jenkins, master bullsh@tter! The press finnaly waking up? on 11:38 - Jan 1 with 1390 viewsChief

Jenkins, master bullsh@tter! The press finnaly waking up? on 11:32 - Jan 1 by E20Jack_TheBoss

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2017/dec/29/huw-jenkin

"If we continue on this path of hardly winning games, yes I have no doubt it is" (untenable)
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 11:46]

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Jenkins, master bullsh@tter! The press finnaly waking up? on 11:46 - Jan 1 with 1368 viewsDewi1jack

Jenkins, master bullsh@tter! The press finnaly waking up? on 11:32 - Jan 1 by E20Jack_TheBoss

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/full-transcript-huw-j

As you can't be arzed to look for your own links, even though they've been posted for you numerous times

Does state that if we kept losing games he has no doubt that his position would be untenable

But don't let facts get in the way of you peddling lies

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Jenkins, master bullsh@tter! The press finnaly waking up? on 11:54 - Jan 1 with 1347 viewsswan65split

Jenkins, master bullsh@tter! The press finnaly waking up? on 11:46 - Jan 1 by Dewi1jack

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/full-transcript-huw-j

As you can't be arzed to look for your own links, even though they've been posted for you numerous times

Does state that if we kept losing games he has no doubt that his position would be untenable

Jenkins, master bullsh@tter! The press finnaly waking up? on 12:01 - Jan 1 with 1337 viewstheloneranger

Jenkins, master bullsh@tter! The press finnaly waking up? on 11:29 - Jan 1 by E20Jack_TheBoss

Of course, that is part and parcel of having success at your club. I don’t for one second believe the club was anywhere near insolvent, that’s just scare mongering. Our funds were kept in playing staff giving us a much stronger team than most other similar clubs knowing that upon relegation we would fill the hole left by the sales and then have the academy and super successful Premier League reserve side to have another go. You say the buck stops with him as if it wa somehow a mistake, if we get promoted and stay there for 7 years and achieve all we did again - in all likelihood we will have done the same thing.

"I don’t for one second believe the club was anywhere near insolvent, that’s just scare mongering"

Yet Jenkins admitted that they had to sell Jon Jo Shelvey in January 2016 just to get the club through to the summer of 2016 !!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Jenkins, master bullsh@tter! The press finnaly waking up? on 12:01 - Jan 1 with 1336 viewsSmellyplumz

E20 warra clown 🤡

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Jenkins, master bullsh@tter! The press finnaly waking up? on 12:47 - Jan 1 with 1289 viewsTheBossE20_

Jenkins, master bullsh@tter! The press finnaly waking up? on 09:49 - Jan 1 by 34dfgdf54

Thanks E20.

Being wrong is ok.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 10:04]

Is it? I will have to take your word for it and try it some time.

Nice edit, looks like it took you a while...
Jenkins, master bullsh@tter! The press finnaly waking up? on 12:48 - Jan 1 with 1286 viewsTheBossE20_

Jenkins, master bullsh@tter! The press finnaly waking up? on 11:46 - Jan 1 by Dewi1jack

Peddling my lies? What lies? It was said that he said if we got relegated then he would leave - that was a lie, he didn’t.

He said if we continue not winning games then his position would be untenable. Of course it would, same goes for every other club chairman in football. Thankfully we didn’t and now find ourselves with an outside chance of the play offs.

You are the one that added a timeframe to that comment to suit your agenda, he didn’t.
Jenkins, master bullsh@tter! The press finnaly waking up? on 12:49 - Jan 1 with 1283 viewsChief

Jenkins, master bullsh@tter! The press finnaly waking up? on 12:48 - Jan 1 by TheBossE20_

Peddling my lies? What lies? It was said that he said if we got relegated then he would leave - that was a lie, he didn’t.

He said if we continue not winning games then his position would be untenable. Of course it would, same goes for every other club chairman in football. Thankfully we didn’t and now find ourselves with an outside chance of the play offs.

You are the one that added a timeframe to that comment to suit your agenda, he didn’t.

Ha ha how predictable of you

Jenkins, master bullsh@tter! The press finnaly waking up? on 12:50 - Jan 1 with 1281 viewsTheBossE20_

Jenkins, master bullsh@tter! The press finnaly waking up? on 12:01 - Jan 1 by theloneranger

"I don’t for one second believe the club was anywhere near insolvent, that’s just scare mongering"

Yet Jenkins admitted that they had to sell Jon Jo Shelvey in January 2016 just to get the club through to the summer of 2016 !!

That doesn’t mean the club is insolvent. Our funds were stored in playing staff which is why we were so much stronger than our like for like competitors. We had £50m+ saleable assets at any one time, that’s the reason why we had such wonderful success.
Jenkins, master bullsh@tter! The press finnaly waking up? on 12:51 - Jan 1 with 1279 viewsTheBossE20_

Jenkins, master bullsh@tter! The press finnaly waking up? on 12:49 - Jan 1 by Chief

Ha ha how predictable of you

To comment on what he ACTUALLY said instead of what people make up he said because it suits them?

Yes, quite.
Jenkins, master bullsh@tter! The press finnaly waking up? on 12:53 - Jan 1 with 1274 viewsChief

Just squirming now clinging onto the literal sense of the words. No he didn't say he'd resign if we were relegated.

But he did say his position would be untenable if we continued losing games (which did / have - and we got relegated as a result)

So it amounts to the same thing doesn't it

Jenkins, master bullsh@tter! The press finnaly waking up? on 12:54 - Jan 1 with 1269 viewsTheBossE20_

Jenkins, master bullsh@tter! The press finnaly waking up? on 11:54 - Jan 1 by swan65split

Ah you do have your uses.

Thanks for providing unquestionable proof that this myth of “if we get relegated I will walk away” is just that, a myth. Just like they “next level” myth and the “investment” myth.

Myths.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024