Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
CC in talks tomorrow 17:54 - May 13 with 8987 viewsdickythorpe

That's what he said on ssn just now.
CC in talks tomorrow on 18:57 - May 13 with 2676 viewsLeonWasGod

CC in talks tomorrow on 18:44 - May 13 by Private_Partz

I have some sympathy with that viewpoint. He may not be the greatest manager ever but this squad was threadbare, imbalanced and assembled on the cheap.
Carlos is the third manager to try to get the best out of the Jenkins cock ups. I don't include Bradley in this as God knows what he was trying to do.
I think changing Head Coaches, for that is what they are, is not going to work unless we have a massive review of our structure and recruiting systems.
Jenkins has to go in the first instance.
[Post edited 13 May 2018 19:00]

Hard to argue with that. People talk about his team selections, but you look at the bench and what is there? Nothing.

He's done his absolute best to feck up a good situation though. It's a no from me, for his lack of bravery and treating away games as if they are unwinnable.
CC in talks tomorrow on 19:00 - May 13 with 2653 views34dfgdf54

CC in talks tomorrow on 18:04 - May 13 by PawelAbbott

No, no, no.
5 defeats on the bounce should be enough to get him the sack anyway.
He has blamed relegation on the start of the season.
0 points from the last 15 is your doing Carlos!!
A point against Southampton and a point against Stoke and we would be a premier league team.

The facts are we have been relegated from the start of the season though. He’s been poor last 8 games but he has give it a good go from an impossible position. I’ll be forever grateful for his efforts but I’d prefer it if we went our separate ways. Theredefinitely should be no ill feeling towards the guy though!

All the best Carlos. Thanks for your efforts
[Post edited 13 May 2018 19:09]
CC in talks tomorrow on 19:10 - May 13 with 2586 viewsPrivate_Partz

CC in talks tomorrow on 18:57 - May 13 by LeonWasGod

Hard to argue with that. People talk about his team selections, but you look at the bench and what is there? Nothing.

He's done his absolute best to feck up a good situation though. It's a no from me, for his lack of bravery and treating away games as if they are unwinnable.

Fair comment. However I would say that since Fer got injured we seem to have to play with 5 at the back as every time we try and go for it we end up with a tw@tting. Clement had to go defensively and so did Frankie to an extent.
Things have got progressively more difficult for each Manager / Head Coach as the decline in the squad continues year on year.
I can only see this getting worse, reagardless of who is in the hot seat, if the status quo remains.
The pattern of hailing a manager on their arrival only to decide they were the spawn of the Devil a few months later will continue.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

CC in talks tomorrow on 19:12 - May 13 with 2568 viewsPrivate_Partz

CC in talks tomorrow on 19:00 - May 13 by 34dfgdf54

The facts are we have been relegated from the start of the season though. He’s been poor last 8 games but he has give it a good go from an impossible position. I’ll be forever grateful for his efforts but I’d prefer it if we went our separate ways. Theredefinitely should be no ill feeling towards the guy though!

A fair assessment. I also wish him well.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

CC in talks tomorrow on 19:44 - May 13 with 2470 viewsPawelAbbott

CC in talks tomorrow on 19:12 - May 13 by Private_Partz

A fair assessment. I also wish him well.

During His reign we have played the other 5 teams in the bottom 6 and picked up 2 points. 2 points from 15 against the teams at the bottom.
Terrible return. He got the team going for some of the big games when he first arrived but his stats are as bad as Bradley since the beginning of March.
CC in talks tomorrow on 19:47 - May 13 with 2455 viewsCooperman

CC in talks tomorrow on 19:44 - May 13 by PawelAbbott

During His reign we have played the other 5 teams in the bottom 6 and picked up 2 points. 2 points from 15 against the teams at the bottom.
Terrible return. He got the team going for some of the big games when he first arrived but his stats are as bad as Bradley since the beginning of March.

I put those wins partly down to new manager bounce. Once that wore off he quickly became short on ideas.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

CC in talks tomorrow on 20:10 - May 13 with 2394 viewsPrivate_Partz

CC in talks tomorrow on 19:47 - May 13 by Cooperman

I put those wins partly down to new manager bounce. Once that wore off he quickly became short on ideas.

Yes. This is exactly what Paul Clement said would happen as he had a similar problem with our poor squad.
The bounce was less the second time as we were virtually dead and buried when Carlos arrived.
I doubt the next manager will get any bounce unless we improve our squad for the rigours of the Championship. This means clearing out our DOF and Recruitment team and starting afresh.

CC in talks tomorrow on 20:10 - May 13 with 2401 viewsjasper_T

CC in talks tomorrow on 19:47 - May 13 by Cooperman

He said it himself that he lost the element of surprise. Turns out that was the only thing he had going for him.
Login to get fewer ads

CC in talks tomorrow on 20:25 - May 13 with 2331 viewsunion_jack

We need a bloody master tactician here. CC's tactics were non-existent. Same old thing time after time.

We need someone who can stress that players without the ball are as important as those with it. They should be practicing moves that may get the better of defences, trying different corners / free kicks.

I've watched most games this season and the slow movement from midfield to attack is almost amateurish. Any element of surprise we have is lost because we turn back and pass it sideways. All the time the opposition defence have got back nicely into the box.

A coach is what we need.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

CC in talks tomorrow on 20:29 - May 13 with 2307 viewsCooperman

CC in talks tomorrow on 20:10 - May 13 by jasper_T

He said it himself that he lost the element of surprise. Turns out that was the only thing he had going for him.

And yet he managed to get one over Arsene. I stood back after that game and marvelled at the high press / high(er) intensity football that we played.

Then bizarrely we reverted to some Clement-esque approach.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

CC in talks tomorrow on 20:29 - May 13 with 2308 viewslondonlisa2001

CC in talks tomorrow on 20:25 - May 13 by union_jack

We need a bloody master tactician here. CC's tactics were non-existent. Same old thing time after time.

We need someone who can stress that players without the ball are as important as those with it. They should be practicing moves that may get the better of defences, trying different corners / free kicks.

I've watched most games this season and the slow movement from midfield to attack is almost amateurish. Any element of surprise we have is lost because we turn back and pass it sideways. All the time the opposition defence have got back nicely into the box.

A coach is what we need.

Yep. A coach to take all our crap players up the M4 and away from this club.
CC in talks tomorrow on 20:30 - May 13 with 2304 viewsunion_jack

CC in talks tomorrow on 20:29 - May 13 by londonlisa2001

Yep. A coach to take all our crap players up the M4 and away from this club.

🤣

Yes, very good!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

CC in talks tomorrow on 21:15 - May 13 with 2229 viewsAngelRangelQS

Cheers Carlos, you gave it a good go and then f*cked it up.

Seems a nice fella but I don’t want him managing this football club any longer
CC in talks tomorrow on 22:15 - May 13 with 2146 viewsKGriz16

CC in talks tomorrow on 21:15 - May 13 by AngelRangelQS

Cheers Carlos, you gave it a good go and then f*cked it up.

Seems a nice fella but I don’t want him managing this football club any longer

I don’t think he’s going anywhere
CC in talks tomorrow on 22:20 - May 13 with 2109 viewsSTID2017

I have some sympathy with that viewpoint. He may not be the greatest manager ever but this squad was threadbare, imbalanced and assembled on the cheap.
Carlos is the third manager to try to get the best out of the Jenkins cock ups. I don't include Bradley in this as God knows what he was trying to do.
I think changing Head Coaches, for that is what they are, is not going to work unless we have a massive review of our structure and recruiting systems.

Yes but when the window closed in January, he had his squad playing and the fans believing,.
The nearer we got to safety the more the same manager caused those players to hit the buffers.
We only needed four more points.
Not a lot to ask, you'd think

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

CC in talks tomorrow on 03:38 - May 14 with 1978 viewsphact0rri

I still have a glimmer of respect for the man, he seems tidy as person. but reading "he was asked by the higher ups to stay" was groan worthy. I really hope this is not the case. Graeme Potter sounded like a better idea...

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

CC in talks tomorrow on 04:22 - May 14 with 1959 viewswindy_city_jack

Time for him to move on, and he can take Dyer and Routs with him!
CC in talks tomorrow on 04:41 - May 14 with 1950 viewsBrynmill_Jack

He was doing ok up to a point but after that it seems the fight went completely out of the players. So did he lose the dressing room ? We played well against Everton and should have won that , and had we done we'd probably still be a PL club.

But we're not, our away surrenders were an insult to those that paid good money to travel and for that reason he simply has to go.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

CC in talks tomorrow on 04:46 - May 14 with 1948 viewsBrynmill_Jack

CC in talks tomorrow on 19:00 - May 13 by 34dfgdf54

Very well put. Let's face it Mourinho would struggle to get a tune out of this squad.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

CC in talks tomorrow on 10:30 - May 14 with 1837 viewsymaohyd

CC in talks tomorrow on 20:29 - May 13 by Cooperman

And yet he managed to get one over Arsene. I stood back after that game and marvelled at the high press / high(er) intensity football that we played.

Then bizarrely we reverted to some Clement-esque approach.

Absolutely spot on.

All very strange.

Please don't keep him on.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

CC in talks tomorrow on 10:44 - May 14 with 1799 viewsJacket

I wish him well, he took us within sight of the top of the hill, only to trip and fall right to the bottom. Many had accepted relegation when he came, he gave us hope and by God did it kill us.
CC in talks tomorrow on 11:30 - May 14 with 1733 viewsswanjackal

CC in talks tomorrow on 10:44 - May 14 by Jacket

I wish him well, he took us within sight of the top of the hill, only to trip and fall right to the bottom. Many had accepted relegation when he came, he gave us hope and by God did it kill us.

F'cking hell, I hope Carlos does not read this post or you have just given him his final analogy.

I'm going for the tried and tested "I will always be a Swan/Jack" to be also fitted in there, making many "gush"like a lass from south east of Neath.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

CC in talks tomorrow on 11:36 - May 14 with 1714 viewsCaptain_Sham

We never lost 5 Prem games in a row ever. That fact alone is enough for a no, but more than that, him starting to justify and self promote after a shocking run is a giant alarm bell. Thanks and bye.

Its just a ride.

CC in talks tomorrow on 11:38 - May 14 with 1700 viewsKGriz16

CC in talks tomorrow on 11:36 - May 14 by Captain_Sham

We never lost 5 Prem games in a row ever. That fact alone is enough for a no, but more than that, him starting to justify and self promote after a shocking run is a giant alarm bell. Thanks and bye.

I think he enjoyed the lime light a little too much!
CC in talks tomorrow on 12:35 - May 14 with 1630 viewsPaulNich0801

CC in talks tomorrow on 18:37 - May 13 by londonlisa2001

According to WOL (and ignoring their headline and reading the actual report), CC, when pushed, said he's been asked about his availability to discuss his future tomorrow. In other words, can he be available to be told he's off.

I think he's talking nonsense about staying. I hope he's talking nonsense.

Reading out the list of clubs he's had more points than in his time with us on Sky Sports has made me angry. We lost the last 5 games - first time we've ever lost 5 in a row in this league. And if we'd picked up just a few points, we'd be safe, so forgive me if I don't care whether he's amassed more points than Brighton. We are relegated, and that's what should be acknowledged.

The failure of the club to issue a statement by the way, is dreadful.
[Post edited 13 May 2018 18:44]

If CC isn't talking rubbish we will do a Sunderland next season ffs!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024