Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Think I'm Done. Phoenix Club Anyone? 17:12 - Dec 2 with 7625 viewsJackBaston

Sick of putting money into the yanks and especially Jenkins pockets
This clubs become a joke
And I've lost complete faith in the Trust
Getting relegated won't change anything
We've lost our identity and our club
I'd much rather watch some local lads and start again
i'd even pay the exact same amount for that
Think I'm Done. Phoenix Club Anyone? on 18:50 - Dec 2 with 1939 viewsexiledclaseboy

Think I'm Done. Phoenix Club Anyone? on 18:46 - Dec 2 by Garyjack

Damn! i posted that, logged into Mayhill_Kopite to counteract a mart6 down arrow and forgot to log back in!

I don’t know who’s who anymore

Poll: Tory leader

Think I'm Done. Phoenix Club Anyone? on 18:53 - Dec 2 with 1927 viewsGaryjack

Think I'm Done. Phoenix Club Anyone? on 18:50 - Dec 2 by exiledclaseboy

I don’t know who’s who anymore

I only used that once previously to post asking for spare tickets for a Swans v Liverpool game!
Think I'm Done. Phoenix Club Anyone? on 18:58 - Dec 2 with 1899 viewsjack247

Think I'm Done. Phoenix Club Anyone? on 18:53 - Dec 2 by Garyjack

I only used that once previously to post asking for spare tickets for a Swans v Liverpool game!

You must be keeping hotmail in business
Think I'm Done. Phoenix Club Anyone? on 18:59 - Dec 2 with 1895 viewsWingstandwood

Think I'm Done. Phoenix Club Anyone? on 18:43 - Dec 2 by Mayhill_Kopite

Can the trust step in and do something for once? Maybe hold a church hall coffee morning with a raffle and White elephant stall in protest?

Maybe even organise a bowling event? Or maybe attend a plaque ceremony unveling the commemoration for a player that got paid well to play not so well and provide us all with eternal memory-struggle of utterly forgettable substandard nothingness. Would Kristian O' Leary like a statue for the Trust to unveil along with PR-frontman and sell-out apologist Trundle?

What about an Xmas raffle to make it look like its doing something?... Or what about a bit of that communication thingy that'll finally break the Trusts "Right to remain silent" stance.

That'll really put the wind up Jenkins, his band of merry sell-outs and the Yanks, hey!!!

Argus!

Think I'm Done. Phoenix Club Anyone? on 19:03 - Dec 2 with 1881 viewsGaryjack

Think I'm Done. Phoenix Club Anyone? on 18:58 - Dec 2 by jack247

You must be keeping hotmail in business

Honestly that's the only one i got. Apart from morningstar of course. Not like the old jackarmy days!
Think I'm Done. Phoenix Club Anyone? on 19:06 - Dec 2 with 1870 viewsDewi1jack

Think I'm Done. Phoenix Club Anyone? on 17:45 - Dec 2 by Jack59

Well said, I'm sure there's thousands of others who feel the same way.

Yes there's absolutely thousands isn't there?

200 odd of us voted against the deal, about 600- 700 voted for the deal (can't be fukin arzed to look up figures) out of about 1800 who could vote.
Nearly 50% apathy.
And 1800 fans out of 18,000 home fans attending games?
Disgusting numbers.
But predominantly down to the Trust for not taking up many ideas on how to increase the membership, or accepting the offers of help to hand out membership joining forms at the turnstiles.
So really just less than a thousand fans gave a fuk one way or the other about the sell out.

If and it's a fukin big if, we can get some people with bolls onto the Trust board and quickly we may still be able to go for legal action.
Club is shagged ladies and gents.
Let's get or at least try and get £21+ million into the coffers just in case we have to start again.
Down to the 840 odd of us (October minutes) to push like fug for legal action

Guessing that you Jack 59 are a member, if you're sure there's "thousands of others who feel the same way."
[Post edited 2 Dec 2017 19:08]

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Think I'm Done. Phoenix Club Anyone? on 21:22 - Dec 2 with 1794 viewsFlossy

Think I'm Done. Phoenix Club Anyone? on 18:21 - Dec 2 by jack247

How much difference do you think it makes to them if say a thousand people don’t renew their season tickets or buy club merchandise?

The vast majority of their revenue comes from outside Swansea.

If people want to walk away, fair enough, but all it’s doing is making them feel better, it doesn’t hurt the owners.

I think it's going to be a lot more than a thousand. If we go down we will lose probably 6 to 10 thousand. When all the TV money is going on over heads and there is no income from player sales every pow by will count!!! I for one refuse to spend any more money until the yanks and that tw@t Jenkins go.
Think I'm Done. Phoenix Club Anyone? on 21:26 - Dec 2 with 1781 viewsjack247

Think I'm Done. Phoenix Club Anyone? on 21:22 - Dec 2 by Flossy

I think it's going to be a lot more than a thousand. If we go down we will lose probably 6 to 10 thousand. When all the TV money is going on over heads and there is no income from player sales every pow by will count!!! I for one refuse to spend any more money until the yanks and that tw@t Jenkins go.

The thread is about giving up now, not if we get relegated.

If we do go down, which is obviously looking likely at the moment, the tv money is going to hit them far harder than season ticket renewals. We’d be screwed whether people stop going or not
Login to get fewer ads

Think I'm Done. Phoenix Club Anyone? on 22:41 - Dec 2 with 1736 viewsDewi1jack

Think I'm Done. Phoenix Club Anyone? on 21:26 - Dec 2 by jack247

The thread is about giving up now, not if we get relegated.

If we do go down, which is obviously looking likely at the moment, the tv money is going to hit them far harder than season ticket renewals. We’d be screwed whether people stop going or not

Is correct.

£100+ million to £16 million is a large, unsustainable drop even in the world of big businesses such as Coca Cola/ Trumps/ BT/ Sky etc.
To us it's going to be catastrophic.

If you add in a possible loss of say 50% of the seasie money (around £3 million- fag packet maths here!) then that extra loss really hurts.
The seasie holders (say £6 million) don't really matter at the £100+ million mark do we?

And for those of you who prefer math to maths...
fugoff back to the good ole US of A

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Think I'm Done. Phoenix Club Anyone? on 22:50 - Dec 2 with 1723 viewsBloodyhills

Think I'm Done. Phoenix Club Anyone? on 18:18 - Dec 2 by exiledclaseboy

But we can’t take away the TV money which is the vast majority of the club’s income.

Good point but the richer people are the more they want and the more afraid they are of even losing a dollar.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Think I'm Done. Phoenix Club Anyone? on 22:57 - Dec 2 with 1695 viewsskacrazy

F4ck off! Supporters no trust more like!
Think I'm Done. Phoenix Club Anyone? on 23:11 - Dec 2 with 1676 viewsTNT

They have £30 mill of the Gylfi deal, don't they? They won't care about some STs not being renewed.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Think I'm Done. Phoenix Club Anyone? on 23:21 - Dec 2 with 1650 viewsGowerjack

Think I'm Done. Phoenix Club Anyone? on 18:21 - Dec 2 by pencoedjack

Is Peter Kay there ?

No.

But Darran may be there.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Think I'm Done. Phoenix Club Anyone? on 23:28 - Dec 2 with 1632 viewsWingstandwood

Of course Jenkins, Yanks and Co want a healthy season ticket renewal return. Every Pound is important to a business. A million or two less is still a lot of money to a club that has a market-cap that would not go nowhere near any FTSE 250 company.

All advertising, commercial revenue streams, money making initiatives would have been scrapped years ago because they would not have been seen it worthwhile if TV money was the only concern.

You don't seriously think the club is selling programmes has a gesture of kindness?

Argus!

Think I'm Done. Phoenix Club Anyone? on 00:40 - Dec 3 with 1589 viewsTNT

Think I'm Done. Phoenix Club Anyone? on 23:28 - Dec 2 by Wingstandwood

Of course Jenkins, Yanks and Co want a healthy season ticket renewal return. Every Pound is important to a business. A million or two less is still a lot of money to a club that has a market-cap that would not go nowhere near any FTSE 250 company.

All advertising, commercial revenue streams, money making initiatives would have been scrapped years ago because they would not have been seen it worthwhile if TV money was the only concern.

You don't seriously think the club is selling programmes has a gesture of kindness?

I get where you're coming from mate.

Having said that, the money they've squandered on players like Fer, Naughton, Clucas, Mesa, Sanches, Baston et al, who are not cutting it at this level, doesn't suggest that every pound is important to them.

The manager is currently unable to get us playing like a team worthy of staying up. There's no surprise in the owners just wanting what they can get out of it. The Trust hasn't been robust nor rigorous enough, but needs to show that the gloves are now off.

I'm not impressed with a number of clubs near the bottom, and if everybody at our club make a fist of this, we'll stay up... just.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Think I'm Done. Phoenix Club Anyone? on 01:55 - Dec 3 with 1555 viewsJack59

Think I'm Done. Phoenix Club Anyone? on 19:06 - Dec 2 by Dewi1jack

Yes there's absolutely thousands isn't there?

200 odd of us voted against the deal, about 600- 700 voted for the deal (can't be fukin arzed to look up figures) out of about 1800 who could vote.
Nearly 50% apathy.
And 1800 fans out of 18,000 home fans attending games?
Disgusting numbers.
But predominantly down to the Trust for not taking up many ideas on how to increase the membership, or accepting the offers of help to hand out membership joining forms at the turnstiles.
So really just less than a thousand fans gave a fuk one way or the other about the sell out.

If and it's a fukin big if, we can get some people with bolls onto the Trust board and quickly we may still be able to go for legal action.
Club is shagged ladies and gents.
Let's get or at least try and get £21+ million into the coffers just in case we have to start again.
Down to the 840 odd of us (October minutes) to push like fug for legal action

Guessing that you Jack 59 are a member, if you're sure there's "thousands of others who feel the same way."
[Post edited 2 Dec 2017 19:08]

I didn't know it was necessary to be a current trust member to have a view on this subject.
I am a former trust member like an awful lot of other fans. The truth is that there are a few thousand real hard core fans out there, many are former members of the trust, and many never joined the trust.
Thanks to a few people in positions of responsibility, the trust is no longer relevant, and I doubt it will ever see any serious financial input from the Americans.
I posted on the SCFC guestbook over a year ago complaining that SM was too friendly with HJ and shouldn't have been put in the position that he was. The response was that many felt that could be a good thing to produce a positive outcome. Well maybe it was for the Board. What a joke!
Also I must say that if you think it beneficial to get fans united, and challenge the status quo, then you should change your tone towards posters like myself, who may be in general agreement with your views. We are where we are, and must make efforts to unite rather than fight each other and splinter off.
That would be playing straight into the hands of the those that have trashed our club.
In fact that's what they're counting on.
Think I'm Done. Phoenix Club Anyone? on 05:56 - Dec 3 with 1517 viewsSTID2017

Think I'm Done. Phoenix Club Anyone? on 18:18 - Dec 2 by exiledclaseboy

But we can’t take away the TV money which is the vast majority of the club’s income.

Exactly £7 million per year in ST sales won't make any difference to them.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024