Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bent over a barrell 07:59 - Sep 1 with 5598 viewsmagicdaps10

Sorry but I think we have been done over in this window by the board.

The team should be priority but it is obvious that 30m is earmarked for something else. It seems a squad has been built in hope rather than confidence.

Excellent signing in Sanches and our hand was forced in Siggy and Llorente but with the money from them......we had a chance to replace with more quality.

Well done with getting rid of the half dozen or so deadwood, with them gone we could have brought in a couple of good quality players....we didnt.

Numbers are down, quality level is unknown at present but the bank account is up.

I have faith in PC and I just hope he keeps his good work going. We have money for Jan, I just hope we are not playing catch up.

On to the rest of the season....my faith lays 100% with PC.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Bent over a barrell on 11:08 - Sep 1 with 870 viewsValeJack

Save for being a full-back light, I think this represents a strong window. There are a few on here that seem to think we should be signing x, y and z but realistically we are who we are. We've done brilliantly to sign Renato SancheS and bolster our midfield, and are looking financially secure in the meantime.

Personally I've been quietly impressed with how the 'Mericans have gone about things in quite a cautious manner. I'd be way more concerned if we were spending £28mill on Chadli!
Bent over a barrell on 11:13 - Sep 1 with 860 viewsEasternJack

Bent over a barrell on 08:16 - Sep 1 by TheResurrection

Magic daps you seriously have not got a clue what you're talking about.

Please stop feeding fellow mugs.

Correct.

It's closer to £15m

And doesn't take into account the 4.5m we have to pay spurs for them Siggy share. It also ignores the out of pocket spend made in January

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Bent over a barrell on 11:43 - Sep 1 with 829 viewsmajorraglan

Bent over a barrell on 10:07 - Sep 1 by jakarmi

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11662/11015137/premier-league-transfers-h

Wasn't sure how to copy and paste links, but there you have it, in black and white. Not from the Daily Mail or Walesonline.
I dont always agree with Res but on this occasion i happen to.
where would be the sense in spending all our surplus on more players to sit on the bench. we are simply not a big enough club to have millions of £'s worth of players not playing every week. For what its worth, (and its only an opinion), i think we'll go back in for a fullback in Jan, and use anything left to try and replace Tammy and/or Sanches next Summer.
As for the Yanks putting their own money in - you are aware of FFP, where you're not allowed to spend more than a percentage of your income over a 3 year period?
Tammy has 1 goal already so only another 14 for him and Bony to get before the end of the season then eh?
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 10:20]

I am not really sure if Financial Fair Play has any bearing on the Americans not putting any of their own money in. The club has previously reported losses, but surely they would report a profit after selling Ayew and Williams in the last financial year?

The new owners have purchased roughly 67% club with (what we believe) the intention to sell it on at a profit. This is a business investment for them and an opportunity to make money, probably by taking consultancy fees, dividends from the profits and ultimately selling the club for a profit. They are not rich benefactors or sugar daddies who will pour money in to the club for kudos, or who have a long standing passion for the club in the way Jack Walker backed Blackburn in the 90's. They own 67% of the equity, why would they invest their personal wealth when they don't own the whole club? If I part owned a business and was investing money in to it, I would expect my fellow shareholders to match my investment, I am not sure if the all the other shareholders have the appetite to do that or the ability to do it pro rata. An alternative could be a rights issue, cash for shares however this could dilute the existing shareholders holdings.

I can't say I am happy with what has happened re the sell out and some of the things that have taken place have been poor, however the new owners also appear to be making some positive changes and based on what we have seen to date it could have been a lot worse. Look at some of the people who have bought football clubs in the past!
The new owners are looking to increase commercial revenues which is positive and using a stats guru to inform some of the decision making around transfers could be beneficial. Moving forward I think there needs to be investment in the scouting and recruiting department and the club should aim to have the very best coaches in the academy that it can afford.

For what it's worth I believe the club should be run prudently within its means thereby ensuring its long term viability and survival.
Bent over a barrell on 12:21 - Sep 1 with 802 viewsJJJack

Bent over a barrell on 08:39 - Sep 1 by Landore_Jack

SWANSEA CITY

In

Wilfried Bony - Man City, £12m

Sam Clucas - Hull, £16.5m

Roque Mesa - Las Palmas, £11m

Renato Sanches - Bayern Munich, loan

Tammy Abraham - Chelsea, loan

Cian Harries - Coventry, undisclosed

Marc Walsh - Finn Harps, free

Erwin Mulder - Heerenveen, free

Courtney Baker-Richardson - Leamington, free

Steven Benda - TSV 1860 Munich, undisclosed

Out

Fernando Llorente - Tottenham, £12.1m

Jack Cork - Burnley, undisclosed

Gylfi Sigurdsson - Everton, £45m

Gerhard Tremmel - retired

Marvin Emnes - Akhisar Belediyespor, free

Mark Birighitti - NAC Breda, free

Liam Shephard - Peterborough, free

Josh Vickers - Lincoln, free

Owain Jones - released

Tom Dyson - released

Tom Holland - The New Saints, free

Alex Samuel - Stevenage, undisclosed

Borja Baston - Malaga, loan

Jordi Amat - Real Betis, loan

Bafatembi Gomis - Galatasary, undisclosed

Daniel James - Shrewsbury, loan

Franck Tabanou - released

Liam Edwards - Hull, free

Keston Davies - Yeovil, loan

Connor Roberts - Middlesbrough, loan

Modou Barrow - Reading, £1.5m

Matt Grimes - Northampton, loan

Stephen Kingsley - Hull, undisclosed

Botti Biabi - Hamilton, loan

Oli McBurnie - Barnsley, loan

Adding up the rough figures reported and adding say £1m or so received for Baston and Amat loans and say £1m for Abraham and £6m for Sanches, we are at least £25m in the black.
This at a time when we are receiving huge TV money and have off loaded some huge wages - Gomis, Ayew, Llorente and Siggy.
Overall we've replaced a lot of proven ability with a lot of potential. Risky but if we buy Aroas and Yiadom in January on the cheap we will have done ok.
Bent over a barrell on 12:23 - Sep 1 with 799 viewsE20Jack

Bent over a barrell on 09:34 - Sep 1 by E20Jack

Just to fill in some of that, and remove the irrelevant and minimal fees for easy viewing. These will also be widely reported figures for the sake of the task in hand:-

In

Bony £12m
Clucas £15m (add ons of £1.5m not triggered yet)
Mesa £11m
Sanches £6m
Abraham £1m-2m
£45m-£46m

Out

Llorente £12.1m
Cork £8m (£2m of add ons not triggered)
Sigurdsson £36m (only £40m received, £5m add ons not triggered, with 10% going to Spurs)
Gomis £2.5m
Barrow £1.5m
McBurnie, Amat and Borja loans I would be guessing at £3m combined.
£60.1m

So we are looking at about £15m clear on transfer fees alone. But there are costs associated with signings. Agents fees for Sanches, Clucas, Mesa and Bony I expect to be pretty substantial, added in with signing on fees and a big chunk of that profit disappears. (I have not even counted paying off Tabanou).

You are looking at £10m max added to the transfer pot for January from the ins and outs if you ask me.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 9:40]

Its not £25m.

Look above.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Bent over a barrell on 12:58 - Sep 1 with 752 viewsmagicdaps10

Bent over a barrell on 09:34 - Sep 1 by E20Jack

Just to fill in some of that, and remove the irrelevant and minimal fees for easy viewing. These will also be widely reported figures for the sake of the task in hand:-

In

Bony £12m
Clucas £15m (add ons of £1.5m not triggered yet)
Mesa £11m
Sanches £6m
Abraham £1m-2m
£45m-£46m

Out

Llorente £12.1m
Cork £8m (£2m of add ons not triggered)
Sigurdsson £36m (only £40m received, £5m add ons not triggered, with 10% going to Spurs)
Gomis £2.5m
Barrow £1.5m
McBurnie, Amat and Borja loans I would be guessing at £3m combined.
£60.1m

So we are looking at about £15m clear on transfer fees alone. But there are costs associated with signings. Agents fees for Sanches, Clucas, Mesa and Bony I expect to be pretty substantial, added in with signing on fees and a big chunk of that profit disappears. (I have not even counted paying off Tabanou).

You are looking at £10m max added to the transfer pot for January from the ins and outs if you ask me.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 9:40]

So a 15m deficit.

Firstly Abraham did not cost a penny in a loan fee

16M

Kingsley is not on that list at 4M

20M

Ok, lets not say 30M but 20M.

Bent over a barrell on 13:03 - Sep 1 with 749 viewsE20Jack

Bent over a barrell on 12:58 - Sep 1 by magicdaps10

So a 15m deficit.

16M

20M

Thanks for Abraham and Kingsley updates.

But you have not taken into consideration paying off Tabanou, agents fees for all our signings and signing on and registration fees. I was being conservative with only knocking 5m off for the above to make it £10m. In all seriousness you can probably double it.

If there is any more than £10m left after all is said and done I will be stunned.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 13:04]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Bent over a barrell on 13:09 - Sep 1 with 738 viewsShonky

Bent over a barrell on 12:58 - Sep 1 by magicdaps10

So a 15m deficit.

16M

20M

Yes you were only wrong by TEN FKING MILLION. 33%.
lol

Its just a ride...

Login to get fewer ads

Bent over a barrell on 13:34 - Sep 1 with 707 viewstomdickharry

Bent over a barrell on 11:43 - Sep 1 by majorraglan

I am not really sure if Financial Fair Play has any bearing on the Americans not putting any of their own money in. The club has previously reported losses, but surely they would report a profit after selling Ayew and Williams in the last financial year?

The new owners have purchased roughly 67% club with (what we believe) the intention to sell it on at a profit. This is a business investment for them and an opportunity to make money, probably by taking consultancy fees, dividends from the profits and ultimately selling the club for a profit. They are not rich benefactors or sugar daddies who will pour money in to the club for kudos, or who have a long standing passion for the club in the way Jack Walker backed Blackburn in the 90's. They own 67% of the equity, why would they invest their personal wealth when they don't own the whole club? If I part owned a business and was investing money in to it, I would expect my fellow shareholders to match my investment, I am not sure if the all the other shareholders have the appetite to do that or the ability to do it pro rata. An alternative could be a rights issue, cash for shares however this could dilute the existing shareholders holdings.

I can't say I am happy with what has happened re the sell out and some of the things that have taken place have been poor, however the new owners also appear to be making some positive changes and based on what we have seen to date it could have been a lot worse. Look at some of the people who have bought football clubs in the past!
The new owners are looking to increase commercial revenues which is positive and using a stats guru to inform some of the decision making around transfers could be beneficial. Moving forward I think there needs to be investment in the scouting and recruiting department and the club should aim to have the very best coaches in the academy that it can afford.

For what it's worth I believe the club should be run prudently within its means thereby ensuring its long term viability and survival.

Great post,additionally they have probably looked and know of the huge sums Randy Lerner injected into Villa, £180M of his own money,didn't stop them being relegated.
Bent over a barrell on 13:56 - Sep 1 with 690 viewsmagicdaps10

Bent over a barrell on 13:09 - Sep 1 by Shonky

Yes you were only wrong by TEN FKING MILLION. 33%.
lol

It was an ironic post!!!!!

Dew dew.

Bent over a barrell on 16:05 - Sep 1 with 634 viewsmax936

Bent over a barrell on 09:08 - Sep 1 by Pegojack

Sorry, Max, but you were warned....you're banned. Sanches is spelt with an 's'!

That's not fair mun, whats an S between enemies

Do you know what and this is genuine I actually spelt it with an s but changed it before I posted thinking it was wrong

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024