Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... 17:59 - Oct 8 with 16848 viewsJackBaston

what a chicken nugget he is

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-fc-l
Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 12:41 - Oct 9 with 2414 viewsmax936

I'll make it clear although it should already be known that the thought of Giggs managing us horrified me, but maybe he's right about lack of ambition when you look at our last 3 or 4 windows, maybe that's why Rogers wasn't interested assuming he was asked plus others, for us to move forward the spine of the side has to be strengthened and that's not gonna be cheap, unless we've got a first class scouting team, which it obviously appears that we haven't, obviously why Bob has been brought in is because of his previous reputation for improving the abilities of players, with the hope it'll keep the transfer spends low, great if it works, but..................

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 12:46 - Oct 9 with 2405 viewsDr_Winston

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 12:32 - Oct 9 by Murph75

Gomis, and Tabanou are just 2 fine examples of gambles by him that have failed spectacularly and have probably cost us in the summer window.

Compare Laudrups signings to the ones we've made since he left. Non comparable in my eyes.

Who in the current squad would you say has any real resale value?

Sigurdsson would be one. Who was responsible for brining him to the club originally?

Quality wise we look to have done OK this window. We've just got so much more to catch up on. Siggy was a Rodgers man. They'd worked together at Reading.

For me the biggest problem is not that we've necessarily signed all bad players (although clearly some of them are), it's just that there seems to be no coherent plan as to how they fit in to whatever system of football it is we're trying to play. It's like we brought in Ayew without having the foggiest idea of how he'd fit the team. We just wanted him because he was available.

Somewhere around the spring/summer of 2014 we lost that sense of purpose. The overall plan.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 12:49 - Oct 9 with 2399 viewsMurph75

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 12:46 - Oct 9 by Dr_Winston

Quality wise we look to have done OK this window. We've just got so much more to catch up on. Siggy was a Rodgers man. They'd worked together at Reading.

For me the biggest problem is not that we've necessarily signed all bad players (although clearly some of them are), it's just that there seems to be no coherent plan as to how they fit in to whatever system of football it is we're trying to play. It's like we brought in Ayew without having the foggiest idea of how he'd fit the team. We just wanted him because he was available.

Somewhere around the spring/summer of 2014 we lost that sense of purpose. The overall plan.

I may got shot to pieces for this! Ayew in my eyes was a player that never really had a place in the team. I feel we signed him because he was on a free.

You're right when you say we seem to have a lack of vision in terms of who we're signing and what role they're going to play in the team.
Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 12:50 - Oct 9 with 2397 viewsDr_Winston

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 12:49 - Oct 9 by Murph75

I may got shot to pieces for this! Ayew in my eyes was a player that never really had a place in the team. I feel we signed him because he was on a free.

You're right when you say we seem to have a lack of vision in terms of who we're signing and what role they're going to play in the team.

As you were replying I edited my post to include Ayew as a prime example.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 12:53 - Oct 9 with 2389 viewsMurph75

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 12:50 - Oct 9 by Dr_Winston

As you were replying I edited my post to include Ayew as a prime example.

Ha ha, well at least both us will get down arrows for our Ayew thoughts.
Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 13:04 - Oct 9 with 2369 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 12:53 - Oct 9 by Murph75

Ha ha, well at least both us will get down arrows for our Ayew thoughts.

Not off me you won't .

Dr WOB is right on this , players are there ,of course they are because we've stayed up .
Signings were ok ,ziyech would have been great but he choose Ajax over us which is fair enough.
Our system is broke , players are capable of keeping us up being managed correctly .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 13:09 - Oct 9 with 2353 viewsMurph75

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 13:04 - Oct 9 by oh_tommy_tommy

Not off me you won't .

Dr WOB is right on this , players are there ,of course they are because we've stayed up .
Signings were ok ,ziyech would have been great but he choose Ajax over us which is fair enough.
Our system is broke , players are capable of keeping us up being managed correctly .

I said previously that 1 to 11 on our day we are more than capable of beating anyone in this league as long as we have a game plan and players are being used in their correct positions.

We've not had that this season.
Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 13:33 - Oct 9 with 2333 viewsdobjack2

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 12:49 - Oct 9 by Murph75

I think we signed ayew as he was a goalscoring wideman, something we didn't have.

However did anyone really watch the way he played to see if he would fit into our system? Or was it a case that as with gomis it was thought that this was a great way of getting a player for much less than his market value and the manager can change the team/tactics to make him fit?

As has been said many times we used to scout players that would fit in with our system and managers who would not drastically change our system.

At some stage, (probably when things started going wrong with Laudrup agent as dr w suggested on another thread) we started forcing players who didn't necessarily fit our style onto managers. Also our last 2 managers probably came under the heading of cheap as our tactics and style went out of the window in favour of an identikit lower premiership try and stay in the division way of playing.

All leads back to one door.
Login to get fewer ads

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 13:37 - Oct 9 with 2324 viewsMurph75

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 13:33 - Oct 9 by dobjack2

I think we signed ayew as he was a goalscoring wideman, something we didn't have.

However did anyone really watch the way he played to see if he would fit into our system? Or was it a case that as with gomis it was thought that this was a great way of getting a player for much less than his market value and the manager can change the team/tactics to make him fit?

As has been said many times we used to scout players that would fit in with our system and managers who would not drastically change our system.

At some stage, (probably when things started going wrong with Laudrup agent as dr w suggested on another thread) we started forcing players who didn't necessarily fit our style onto managers. Also our last 2 managers probably came under the heading of cheap as our tactics and style went out of the window in favour of an identikit lower premiership try and stay in the division way of playing.

All leads back to one door.

Hard to disagree with any of that.
Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 15:15 - Oct 9 with 2243 viewsGriffting

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 12:32 - Oct 9 by Murph75

Gomis, and Tabanou are just 2 fine examples of gambles by him that have failed spectacularly and have probably cost us in the summer window.

Compare Laudrups signings to the ones we've made since he left. Non comparable in my eyes.

Sigurdsson would be one. Who was responsible for brining him to the club originally?

I'd agree with Siggy, I'd also at this current point in time (with form a factor) Leroy Fer.

The others I'd include would be Cork, Amat and Fab, simply because we bought them cheap and there has been an inflation on prices this summer no doubt. Montero has been touted at about 11 million as well so maybe him.

The rest I'd have to agree.
Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 16:14 - Oct 9 with 2195 viewsmax936

Brendan Rogers brought Siggy in on loan originally and Monk was in the seat when we bought him.

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 16:18 - Oct 9 with 2187 viewsMurph75

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 16:14 - Oct 9 by max936

Brendan Rogers brought Siggy in on loan originally and Monk was in the seat when we bought him.

Thanks Max. That was the point I was trying to make (although not very well). It was the manager rather than Jenkins who brought him in.

Most of successful signings have been made by the manager rather than Jenkins.
Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 16:35 - Oct 9 with 2164 viewsmax936

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 16:18 - Oct 9 by Murph75

Thanks Max. That was the point I was trying to make (although not very well). It was the manager rather than Jenkins who brought him in.

Most of successful signings have been made by the manager rather than Jenkins.

Oh right, Jenkins knew what he was buying with Siggy though I suppose and its probably something that maybe Guidolin could be criticized for, in not going to Jenkins and saying that he wanted this one or that one or giving a list with hopefully getting at a third of those players through the door, or maybe he did, we'll never know though.

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 16:40 - Oct 9 with 2160 viewsMurph75

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 16:35 - Oct 9 by max936

Oh right, Jenkins knew what he was buying with Siggy though I suppose and its probably something that maybe Guidolin could be criticized for, in not going to Jenkins and saying that he wanted this one or that one or giving a list with hopefully getting at a third of those players through the door, or maybe he did, we'll never know though.

Paloschi was a strange one. I'd love to know the reasons for selling him as quickly as we did.

He would have been a Guidolin signing.
Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 16:44 - Oct 9 with 2152 viewsmax936

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 16:40 - Oct 9 by Murph75

Paloschi was a strange one. I'd love to know the reasons for selling him as quickly as we did.

He would have been a Guidolin signing.

Settling issues by looks or things, has he had showed some promise.

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 16:48 - Oct 9 with 2141 viewsMurph75

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 16:44 - Oct 9 by max936

Settling issues by looks or things, has he had showed some promise.

He certainly gave us a different option up top.
Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 00:23 - Oct 10 with 1992 viewsNeiltheTaylor

http://www.football365.com/news/mediawatch-extra-robbie-savage-on-giggs

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 06:51 - Oct 10 with 1935 viewsMattG

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 00:23 - Oct 10 by NeiltheTaylor

Brilliant piece.
Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 07:54 - Oct 10 with 1893 viewsSwansNZ

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 00:23 - Oct 10 by NeiltheTaylor

Fantastic stuff

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 08:03 - Oct 10 with 1873 viewsdobjack2

Annihilation of savage, but not that hard he makes it easy for people. Interesting that papers in the USA seem to know a lot more about things than anyone over here.
Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 10:10 - Oct 10 with 1805 viewsWarwickHunt

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 12:18 - Oct 9 by Murph75

I reckon Huw is an avid football manager player on his laptop.

He doesn't need a computer to play it.

Unfortunately.
Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 10:38 - Oct 10 with 1782 viewsMurph75

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 10:10 - Oct 10 by WarwickHunt

He doesn't need a computer to play it.

Unfortunately.

Very good point!

Our problem is he can't restart the game if we lose :-(
Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 12:16 - Oct 10 with 1716 viewsGreatBritton

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 22:35 - Oct 8 by Murph75

Of course! Your pedanticism is endless.

Surprised Warwick's pedantry didn't pick up on 'pedanticism'
Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 13:39 - Oct 10 with 1646 viewsLandore_Jack

Ryan Giggs: Former Manchester United star says talks to be Swansea boss did not work out

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37608885

#backtojack

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 14:16 - Oct 10 with 1605 viewsWarwickHunt

Giggs turned us down because we didnt have the same ambitions... on 12:16 - Oct 10 by GreatBritton

Surprised Warwick's pedantry didn't pick up on 'pedanticism'

It's acceptable but not as elegant as pedantry, he said pedantically.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024