Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ale Faurlin 14:41 - Sep 15 with 7786 viewsbrewers_hoop

Is the decision to let him go looking dafter by the minute or have I got my rose-tinted specs on?
Ale Faurlin on 18:59 - Sep 15 with 1891 viewsflynnbo

Faurlin could pick a pass and would have others around him to do the running.When we got tonked with him in the side we didn't have many mobile players playing with him. On another thread I referred to a Faurlin type player but apparently we don't miss him according to several on this board so it's onwards and downwards with this guy in charge. I don't expect us to win every game but I do like to see good football.
Ale Faurlin on 19:11 - Sep 15 with 1878 viewsRoller

Ale Faurlin on 18:59 - Sep 15 by flynnbo

Faurlin could pick a pass and would have others around him to do the running.When we got tonked with him in the side we didn't have many mobile players playing with him. On another thread I referred to a Faurlin type player but apparently we don't miss him according to several on this board so it's onwards and downwards with this guy in charge. I don't expect us to win every game but I do like to see good football.

Oh well, 1 out of 2 ain't bad
Ale Faurlin on 19:19 - Sep 15 with 1862 viewsflynnbo

Don't get me wrong, I want JFH to succeed but he needs to use all his skills to build up their confidence and get the crowd back onside as he had during the Leeds game.
Ale Faurlin on 19:23 - Sep 15 with 1852 viewsW13R

Ale Faurlin on 18:52 - Sep 15 by LadbrokeR

Pirlo are you sure ?

Yep, best passer of the forward ball we had for ages.
Not all of them came off but he always made the team tick if you know what I mean.
He's another player who splits opinions but always got my backing because he had that little bit more about him.

Anyway, far better than all this back and sideways shite I've seen lately.
Ale Faurlin on 20:01 - Sep 15 with 1818 viewsLadbrokeR

Ale Faurlin on 19:23 - Sep 15 by W13R

Yep, best passer of the forward ball we had for ages.
Not all of them came off but he always made the team tick if you know what I mean.
He's another player who splits opinions but always got my backing because he had that little bit more about him.

Anyway, far better than all this back and sideways shite I've seen lately.

Better than now yes. best passer of the ball for ages less sure
Ale Faurlin on 20:25 - Sep 15 with 1798 viewsW13R

Ale Faurlin on 20:01 - Sep 15 by LadbrokeR

Better than now yes. best passer of the ball for ages less sure

All about opinions, that's what makes us fans and not football managers.
Out of interest who would you say has been better than Ale in this position over the last few years.
It's not a dig just interested as I'm struggling to think of anyone over the last 10 years?
Ale Faurlin on 21:30 - Sep 15 with 1749 viewsLadbrokeR

Ale Faurlin on 20:25 - Sep 15 by W13R

All about opinions, that's what makes us fans and not football managers.
Out of interest who would you say has been better than Ale in this position over the last few years.
It's not a dig just interested as I'm struggling to think of anyone over the last 10 years?

Your changing the goal posts you said best passer of a forward ball. I thought that Adel on his day was brilliant. As you say it's all about opinions.
Ale Faurlin on 21:38 - Sep 15 with 1734 viewsW13R

Ale Faurlin on 21:30 - Sep 15 by LadbrokeR

Your changing the goal posts you said best passer of a forward ball. I thought that Adel on his day was brilliant. As you say it's all about opinions.

The rampaging Morocan, quality player on his day.
Shame he thinks he is better than what he is, or maybe it was the idiot advisers around him?
Complete wasted talent like most maverick's unfortunately.
Login to get fewer ads

Ale Faurlin on 21:49 - Sep 15 with 1721 viewsLblock

In his position Ale was the pass master. Probably the best CM passer since Ray Wilkins

Adel could pass but invariably he was all about the showboat, and Christ he was good at it! One ball Adel did play that will stick forever in the memory was that one with the outside of the foot to Routledge to score against Coventry

Struggling to think of many others with a cultured passing foot in the middle of the park last 10 years....Langley maybe?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Ale Faurlin on 22:10 - Sep 15 with 1695 viewspaulparker

We are crying out for a creative midfielder we don't have anyone who can pass the ball or someone who can carry the team forward , we are also missing a midfielder who can actually score a goal
The midfield of luango , cousins, the polish lad and Henry are willing runners but lack the back of scoring and setting up goals is non existent im not being funny but our midfield won't score 5 goals all season
Hamill , Lansbury , Macdonald are 3 players off the top of my head we could and should of signed
As for Ali I actually think he could of played as sweeper for us given the chance and the players around him, he could read the game, pass the ball , he could tackle and wasn't bad with his head either , look at Hoddle and ossie Ardiles both brilliant midfielders but once there legs went they played as sweepers and were brilliant could you imagine if we had two pacy fullbacks like tavernier and the lad Henry who went to Brentford we could of had a real attacking team with Ali pulling the strings

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ale Faurlin on 22:22 - Sep 15 with 1685 viewsLblock

Ale Faurlin on 22:10 - Sep 15 by paulparker

We are crying out for a creative midfielder we don't have anyone who can pass the ball or someone who can carry the team forward , we are also missing a midfielder who can actually score a goal
The midfield of luango , cousins, the polish lad and Henry are willing runners but lack the back of scoring and setting up goals is non existent im not being funny but our midfield won't score 5 goals all season
Hamill , Lansbury , Macdonald are 3 players off the top of my head we could and should of signed
As for Ali I actually think he could of played as sweeper for us given the chance and the players around him, he could read the game, pass the ball , he could tackle and wasn't bad with his head either , look at Hoddle and ossie Ardiles both brilliant midfielders but once there legs went they played as sweepers and were brilliant could you imagine if we had two pacy fullbacks like tavernier and the lad Henry who went to Brentford we could of had a real attacking team with Ali pulling the strings

Parker my old mucka.... you've fallen off that dark horse of yours mate!!!!

I get the "no passengers, we're not a charity" line and the "fit players for high press and intensity" line but the fact of the matter is Clint and Ale were the last two bastions of the club. At the time I bought the rhetoric and thought "it's time for new hero's and legends" but unless your legends do the slowest shuttle runs in and around your own half they are in short supply.

I reckon anyone on this board could've put together a more exciting squad and got them playing better than ODH has. I just dont see we've got the right balance or personnel now for anyone coming in.
This is down to ODH now. He's got to galvanize them, get them playing a bit of footy of a progressive nature and get belief and confidence on and off the pitch. However he's got that stubborn trait Managers seem to have so I dont expect him to do it or attempt it over the next three games

Looking forward to Khazi Henry on Saturday; gives me 90 minutes to rest up on the booze if nothing else.

Ale Faurlin on 22:37 - Sep 15 with 1672 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ale Faurlin on 22:22 - Sep 15 by Lblock

I get the "no passengers, we're not a charity" line and the "fit players for high press and intensity" line but the fact of the matter is Clint and Ale were the last two bastions of the club. At the time I bought the rhetoric and thought "it's time for new hero's and legends" but unless your legends do the slowest shuttle runs in and around your own half they are in short supply.

I reckon anyone on this board could've put together a more exciting squad and got them playing better than ODH has. I just dont see we've got the right balance or personnel now for anyone coming in.
This is down to ODH now. He's got to galvanize them, get them playing a bit of footy of a progressive nature and get belief and confidence on and off the pitch. However he's got that stubborn trait Managers seem to have so I dont expect him to do it or attempt it over the next three games

Looking forward to Khazi Henry on Saturday; gives me 90 minutes to rest up on the booze if nothing else.

Go on I'll bite, what does ODH stand for?
Ale Faurlin on 23:54 - Sep 15 with 1625 viewsbrewers_hoop

Ale Faurlin on 22:37 - Sep 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

I'll have a punt at One Dimensional Hasselbaink....
Ale Faurlin on 23:55 - Sep 15 with 1623 viewsDannytheR

Ale Faurlin on 22:37 - Sep 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ol%27_Dirty_Bastard

Hilarious, innit?
[Post edited 15 Sep 2016 23:59]
Ale Faurlin on 23:57 - Sep 15 with 1621 viewsNoelmc

What we lack without Ale is the fast tempo of our passing. He always knew before he received the ball where he was going to play it next and often did so with one touch. Unfortunately Henry & Cousins and many of our players receive the ball then take a touch then another before deciding what to do next. I'm not sure Ale would have made a difference on Tuesday night but I'm convinced he would have made a difference against Preston & Blackburn where we looked slow & ponderous.

Overall on the evidence so far this season our CM looks poorer without him.
Ale Faurlin on 00:03 - Sep 16 with 1579 viewsFredManRave

FWIW Faurlin has been an unused sub in all 4 of Getafes games this season in which they've D3 and L1 which finds them 2nd bottom of La Liga B.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Ale Faurlin on 00:07 - Sep 16 with 1577 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ale Faurlin on 23:55 - Sep 15 by DannytheR

Hilarious, innit?

Yes how droll.

Would have landed better if it hadn't been crowbarred into every sentence since Tuesday.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2016 0:09]
Ale Faurlin on 00:29 - Sep 16 with 1551 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

So what does ODH stand for? FFS
Ale Faurlin on 01:44 - Sep 16 with 1518 viewsWilloW4

Ale Faurlin on 00:29 - Sep 16 by Hoop_Du_Jour

So what does ODH stand for? FFS

I'm not bothered what ODH stands for, but I am bothered what a high pressing game is????? I've heard Hasslebaink wax lyrical about it.. Never seen it it, no idea what it is.!
Ale Faurlin on 01:44 - Sep 16 with 1518 viewsFredManRave

Ale Faurlin on 23:55 - Sep 15 by DannytheR

Hilarious, innit?

I think we'll have to keep on looking/guessing as it's ODH not ODB.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Ale Faurlin on 04:56 - Sep 16 with 1486 viewsLadbrokeR

Ale Faurlin on 01:44 - Sep 16 by FredManRave

I think we'll have to keep on looking/guessing as it's ODH not ODB.

I think that Brewers Hoop has given us the answer.
Ale Faurlin on 05:12 - Sep 16 with 1482 viewsLadbrokeR

Ale Faurlin on 04:56 - Sep 16 by LadbrokeR

I think that Brewers Hoop has given us the answer.

Assuming that is correct it seems to be an abbreviation that can be used interchangeably with Henry. Stifling the opposition slowly and never quite making the required number of forward pasess suggests one dimension. I could have it wrong but I'm fairly confident.
Ale Faurlin on 06:58 - Sep 16 with 1456 viewswestberksr

Ale Faurlin on 23:57 - Sep 15 by Noelmc

What we lack without Ale is the fast tempo of our passing. He always knew before he received the ball where he was going to play it next and often did so with one touch. Unfortunately Henry & Cousins and many of our players receive the ball then take a touch then another before deciding what to do next. I'm not sure Ale would have made a difference on Tuesday night but I'm convinced he would have made a difference against Preston & Blackburn where we looked slow & ponderous.

Overall on the evidence so far this season our CM looks poorer without him.

This for me is the thing.

Tuesday may have happened anyway, but the 2 previous home games were crying out for Faurlin's quick movement of the ball. Everytime Henry gets it or it goes back to Ned the play become ponderous, with them needing 3 touches to even think about what they are going to do and then it is usually pretty ineffective.

Bored of being bored at Loftus Road.
Ale Faurlin on 07:07 - Sep 16 with 1453 viewsLblock

Ale Faurlin on 23:54 - Sep 15 by brewers_hoop

I'll have a punt at One Dimensional Hasselbaink....

Please send us your address so we can dispatch your prize by return
We hope you enjoy reading your copy of Jimmys book entitled "The High Press and Other Tactics ". We can only apologise for this consisting of blank pages but at least it won't take long to read

My sincere apologies to BazzaInTheLoft, DannytheR and the rest of the LFW Illuminati that my childish nickname again only serves to amuse me and nobody else, has no racist connotations and is futile and annoying to you. I'm sure you'd of loved it to be a bit more high brow, but as many previous women in my life will testify to, I love to disappoint

Happy Friday now X
[Post edited 16 Sep 2016 7:08]

Ale Faurlin on 09:16 - Sep 16 with 1404 viewspaulparker

Ale Faurlin on 22:22 - Sep 15 by Lblock

Yeah I think the dark horses thing will bite me on the old deaf & dumb LBlock
I knew we would be struggling for goals and I said the football would be dull but one thing I didn't think would happen is us being so poor at the back
if Lynch is anywhere near fit he needs to start ASAP , drop Caulker who for me is mentally weak , it was also a stupid decision not to sign a proper right back and I hope we never see Perch in the midfield again or for that matter at fullback again

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024