Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky money what should it be used for first? 12:05 - Feb 4 with 1830 viewssully49

Sky money what should it be used for first?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Sky money what should it be used for first? on 13:03 - Feb 4 with 1768 viewsJBT95

Drop in general admission prices I'd say (even though I have a season ticket).

I guess though we've sold out pretty much every game even with half the away allocation so I can't see this happening.

£25 Category B & £35 category A I'd say.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2016 13:04]
Sky money what should it be used for first? on 13:46 - Feb 4 with 1714 viewsshandyjack

squad strengthening 100%

Poll: Expectation for the season

Sky money what should it be used for first? on 13:54 - Feb 4 with 1699 viewsPrivate_Partz

Sky money what should it be used for first? on 13:46 - Feb 4 by shandyjack

squad strengthening 100%

And it nearly is 100% or me. Almost a no brainer now although I would have had a different opinion had our league position been healthier and ŵe had improved on last season.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2016 13:56]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Sky money what should it be used for first? on 13:55 - Feb 4 with 1694 viewsshandyjack

Sky money what should it be used for first? on 13:54 - Feb 4 by Private_Partz

And it nearly is 100% or me. Almost a no brainer now although I would have had a different opinion had our league position been healthier and ŵe had improved on last season.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2016 13:56]

wouldn't touch the expansion for a few more years

Sky money what should it be used for first? on 13:58 - Feb 4 with 1687 viewsvetchonian

Strengthening the squad obviously followed by investing money to enable us to buy the stadium so we can expand.

The only issue is those parasites of agents will know the clubs have more monies so will be pushing up fees and wage expectations for transfers which will knock onto current players looking for better terms so a lot of this money will get swallowed up in wages

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Sky money what should it be used for first? on 13:58 - Feb 4 with 1687 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Sky money what should it be used for first? on 13:55 - Feb 4 by shandyjack

Yes the problem with the expansion is that it will take quite a while to pay for itself, I know it is for the extra Fans that want to attend but as we all now know the finances are much tighter than we all thought.
Sky money what should it be used for first? on 13:59 - Feb 4 with 1687 viewsPrivate_Partz

Sky money what should it be used for first? on 13:55 - Feb 4 by shandyjack

Sadly this is true. However we vote it looks like the majority will go on players wages although there are signs that some clubs are tightening their belts on this one. I believe a few are actually turning in profits now. Maybe the Swansea way is catching on for some of the clubs without big spending power.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Sky money what should it be used for first? on 14:02 - Feb 4 with 1673 viewsshandyjack

Sky money what should it be used for first? on 13:58 - Feb 4 by A_Fans_Dad

Yes the problem with the expansion is that it will take quite a while to pay for itself, I know it is for the extra Fans that want to attend but as we all now know the finances are much tighter than we all thought.

also we struggle to sell out games against lower teams, case in pt the Sunderland game was still on GS upto a few hours before KO

Login to get fewer ads

Sky money what should it be used for first? on 14:06 - Feb 4 with 1662 viewsvetchonian

Sky money what should it be used for first? on 14:02 - Feb 4 by shandyjack

also we struggle to sell out games against lower teams, case in pt the Sunderland game was still on GS upto a few hours before KO

Well this was a game just after Christmas funds low,coming just after 2 losses one of which was the Oxford game.
Midweek so work commitments etc ....plus the plastics falling away due to the Oxford result!

Sky money what should it be used for first? on 14:10 - Feb 4 with 1656 viewsshandyjack

Sky money what should it be used for first? on 14:06 - Feb 4 by vetchonian

Well this was a game just after Christmas funds low,coming just after 2 losses one of which was the Oxford game.
Midweek so work commitments etc ....plus the plastics falling away due to the Oxford result!

that was just one game off top of my head, i'm sure most games against the so called lower teams are the same, plus Sunderland was a massive game at the time

Sky money what should it be used for first? on 14:55 - Feb 4 with 1607 viewswhiterock

Why are we he'll bent on purchase? We have a long lease, the smart way would be to continue to lease and build (if we get landlords consent).
Anyway, the players will get the lions share, again along with their talentless advisors
Sky money what should it be used for first? on 14:58 - Feb 4 with 1603 viewsJFSwan

If it doesn't go on player wages, how else will we pay them ? Start borrowing £££ and get in trouble?
Sky money what should it be used for first? on 15:04 - Feb 4 with 1596 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Sky money what should it be used for first? on 14:58 - Feb 4 by JFSwan

If it doesn't go on player wages, how else will we pay them ? Start borrowing £££ and get in trouble?

It isn't actually on "players wages" but on increased player wages, ie they demand ever higher wages due to the rewards on offer.
Sky money what should it be used for first? on 15:21 - Feb 4 with 1567 viewsjack247

The bulk of it will go on wages. In the absence of a salary cap or at least a gentlemans agreement between the clubs not to pay taking the piss type wages, as soon as one club does it, another will, then another, then it will become the going rate.

Newcastle have probably already started
Sky money what should it be used for first? on 15:39 - Feb 4 with 1537 viewsvetchonian

Sky money what should it be used for first? on 14:55 - Feb 4 by whiterock

Why are we he'll bent on purchase? We have a long lease, the smart way would be to continue to lease and build (if we get landlords consent).
Anyway, the players will get the lions share, again along with their talentless advisors

Because then we can mortgage to fund the expansionwithout having to dip into capital.
Plus makes more sense to invest in something you own

Sky money what should it be used for first? on 15:50 - Feb 4 with 1515 viewsjamieswan78

If we had a short term lease or high rent I would say buy the stadium but we have a very long lease so why waste money on a stadium we have no need to buy.

I don't see the demand for a lot more seats, yes ok ppl want tickets for the same half dozen games each season but apart from that we would end up with an empty tier like legoland.

Is there any potential to squeeze more seats into the current structure. Is there any scope to put more seats on the concourse or is that a health and safety no no?
Sky money what should it be used for first? on 15:51 - Feb 4 with 1513 viewslifelong

All Premier League players wages to be reduced to ten grand a week maximum, the rest of this enormous amount of money to be used to fund the building of Children's Hospitals and Cancer Care Centres in the locality of each club. Oh! And agents get a maximum of two grand a deal.
Sky money what should it be used for first? on 15:54 - Feb 4 with 1500 viewsDarran

Sky money what should it be used for first? on 15:51 - Feb 4 by lifelong

All Premier League players wages to be reduced to ten grand a week maximum, the rest of this enormous amount of money to be used to fund the building of Children's Hospitals and Cancer Care Centres in the locality of each club. Oh! And agents get a maximum of two grand a deal.

Absolutely.
It'll implode one day.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Sky money what should it be used for first? on 15:58 - Feb 4 with 1492 viewsjack247

Sky money what should it be used for first? on 15:51 - Feb 4 by lifelong

Only works if you do it worldwide. Even if that was possible, it's one hell of a restraint of trade
Sky money what should it be used for first? on 16:14 - Feb 4 with 1463 viewsjamieswan78

I would like to see average wages with good bonuses so only the players who perform regularly get paid large chunks.

It would be nice if the players wages were made public knowledge through the trust, whatever we have paid Ayew he deserves, whatever Montero and Gomis get is to much!
Sky money what should it be used for first? on 16:17 - Feb 4 with 1456 viewspencoedjack

Sky money what should it be used for first? on 14:02 - Feb 4 by shandyjack

I believe this is due to the fact tickets are not together, most probably fans want to go to football with mates / family and if STs became available together they would be snapped up .... I might be wrong.

Saying that and being selfish as I have a ST, squad strengthening all day long.
Sky money what should it be used for first? on 16:18 - Feb 4 with 1456 viewstomdickharry

Sky money what should it be used for first? on 15:54 - Feb 4 by Darran

Absolutely.
It'll implode one day.

Not while so many TV companies want to deal in the PL.
Sky money what should it be used for first? on 16:29 - Feb 4 with 1443 viewsjack247

Sky money what should it be used for first? on 16:14 - Feb 4 by jamieswan78

I would like to see average wages with good bonuses so only the players who perform regularly get paid large chunks.

It would be nice if the players wages were made public knowledge through the trust, whatever we have paid Ayew he deserves, whatever Montero and Gomis get is to much!

We effectively used to do that, with comparatively low basic salaries but hefty bonuses dependant on league position. I know it's a team rather than individual reward, but similar principle.

Players wages are their own business as far as I'm concerned. Like I don't know, or care, what my doctor or solicitor earn
Sky money what should it be used for first? on 16:53 - Feb 4 with 1407 viewsshandyjack

Sky money what should it be used for first? on 16:17 - Feb 4 by pencoedjack

I believe this is due to the fact tickets are not together, most probably fans want to go to football with mates / family and if STs became available together they would be snapped up .... I might be wrong.

Saying that and being selfish as I have a ST, squad strengthening all day long.

if you were to book them the day they go on GS i'd wager you'd be able to get 2/3 seats together more often than now

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024