Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Be very disappointed 14:42 - Feb 1 with 5508 viewsswansealad69

Should we not get anyone else in
Yes we have brought a striker in (one that is not a prolific goal scorer ) but at least it's a player
But we shipped out Jonjo and he had to go and had decent money
But now we need a replacement and had a few weeks to sort it out
Be very disappointed on 15:55 - Feb 1 with 1619 viewsjamieswan78

What players were available who we wanted and could afford?

Joe Allen was a possibility but he wasn't for sale, liverpools injury crisis and cup runs probably come at the wrong time to sell him.
Jdg was available but a gamble.

We've added a striker who on paper looks decent, kept our first 11, and got shot of jjs for a good profit.

This time last year we sold our best player and majority of our goals and didn't replace him.

The last 4 or 5 weeks, results have improved and we should stay up.
Be very disappointed on 15:55 - Feb 1 with 1610 viewsDarran

Be very disappointed on 15:53 - Feb 1 by swansealad69

Nope
Think u will find I'm right on both
But hey believe what u will

F*cking class.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Be very disappointed on 15:57 - Feb 1 with 1606 viewsUxbridge

Be very disappointed on 15:55 - Feb 1 by Darran

F*cking class.

I can't compete with that. Awesome.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Be very disappointed on 15:57 - Feb 1 with 1595 viewsvetchonian

Nope

Huw Cooze is the Trusts representative on the board.
Phil Sumbler is the Chairman of the trust and effectively its "head"

see here!
http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/meet-the-trust-board/

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Be very disappointed on 16:05 - Feb 1 with 1547 viewslondonlisa2001

Ignoring the morons for a moment, I will be disappointed if we don't get in the midfielder that Guidolin has requested. We are light in midfield - if we play the diamond and get an injury we just don't have the players to do it - not really even one to go on the bench for our starting formation - we'd have to change formation if one got a knock in a match and that's not an ideal situation.

I hope we are pulling out every stop to try to get one in, although I'm struggling with the notion that Guidolin is remotely interested in some Iraqi who plays for Swindon!

Not sure what happened to the ones linked from Italy.
Be very disappointed on 16:07 - Feb 1 with 1528 viewsswansealad69

Be very disappointed on 15:57 - Feb 1 by vetchonian

Huw Cooze is the Trusts representative on the board.
Phil Sumbler is the Chairman of the trust and effectively its "head"

see here!
http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/meet-the-trust-board/

So then u think it's fine that the trust rep on the board should have the contract for all clubs printing?
Truth is u are mostly to blind stupid or in on the lining off pockets
Martin morgan doing all building work
David Morgan a real swans fans who I know well and was one off the original men to help the club being bought out.
I'm sory think what u will but there is a lot off pocket lining going on behind the scene's
Be very disappointed on 16:14 - Feb 1 with 1491 viewsUxbridge

Be very disappointed on 16:05 - Feb 1 by londonlisa2001

Ignoring the morons for a moment, I will be disappointed if we don't get in the midfielder that Guidolin has requested. We are light in midfield - if we play the diamond and get an injury we just don't have the players to do it - not really even one to go on the bench for our starting formation - we'd have to change formation if one got a knock in a match and that's not an ideal situation.

I hope we are pulling out every stop to try to get one in, although I'm struggling with the notion that Guidolin is remotely interested in some Iraqi who plays for Swindon!

Not sure what happened to the ones linked from Italy.

Wasn't Guidolin heavily involved in the scouting side for the last couple of years. This Iraqi chap might just be the sort he was looking for. I'm speculating, I don't know him from adam.

But aye, tend to agree, we could do with a couple of other faces. To be honest our squad needs an overhaul.

JdG would have been useful.

Be very disappointed on 16:16 - Feb 1 with 1473 viewsUxbridge

Be very disappointed on 16:07 - Feb 1 by swansealad69

So then u think it's fine that the trust rep on the board should have the contract for all clubs printing?
David Morgan a real swans fans who I know well and was one off the original men to help the club being bought out.
I'm sory think what u will but there is a lot off pocket lining going on behind the scene's

He had the printing gig before joining the Trust board let alone the club board, but hey ho.

There's a clear issue regarding transparency that could do with being addressed, but this whole lining their pockets thing is a bit off the mark. It was much more relevant when the Yanks were in town anyway ...

Login to get fewer ads

Be very disappointed on 16:22 - Feb 1 with 1446 viewsvetchonian

Be very disappointed on 16:07 - Feb 1 by swansealad69

Surprised MM has the time to do any building given all the time he is alledgedly spending with players wives.

Is David Morgan having his arm twisted to sell his shares then? Doesn't have to sell them if he doesn't want too.......nobody can make him

Be very disappointed on 16:24 - Feb 1 with 1428 viewslondonlisa2001

Be very disappointed on 16:14 - Feb 1 by Uxbridge

Wasn't Guidolin heavily involved in the scouting side for the last couple of years. This Iraqi chap might just be the sort he was looking for. I'm speculating, I don't know him from adam.

But aye, tend to agree, we could do with a couple of other faces. To be honest our squad needs an overhaul.

JdG would have been useful.

He was yes, but there is no mention of say Watford being interested which they could be if he had scouted him when he was with them? No idea, and the guy may be good. Similarly the Reading player - who knows.

I thought when we said no to JDG that we must have another lined up - very much hope this is the case - we are threadbare. An overhaul in the summer is much needed.
Be very disappointed on 16:37 - Feb 1 with 1357 viewsUxbridge

Be very disappointed on 16:24 - Feb 1 by londonlisa2001

He was yes, but there is no mention of say Watford being interested which they could be if he had scouted him when he was with them? No idea, and the guy may be good. Similarly the Reading player - who knows.

I thought when we said no to JDG that we must have another lined up - very much hope this is the case - we are threadbare. An overhaul in the summer is much needed.

Assuming we stay up, even if we don't, it's going to be an interesting summer. Major management and squad decisions to be made. FIngers crossed we're the right side of the line come May ...

Be very disappointed on 16:46 - Feb 1 with 1322 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Be very disappointed on 16:24 - Feb 1 by londonlisa2001

"threadbare" is a good description, if no-one comes in we will be dependent on our youngsters stepping up for us.
Not ideal.
Be very disappointed on 16:49 - Feb 1 with 1301 viewsheadcleaner

I don't quite understand the viewpoint of some on here with their "if we go down so be it" that's gotta be as pathetic as the doom and gloom brigade.

The adverse effect of relegation at this stage would be far more devastating than had we gone down after the first season.

Relegation would be really hard to take, we'd lose pretty much every decent player we have come the summer as well as most of our income. And that's so be it?!?! Wow. I can understand why some fans are frustrated at very little movement in transfer windows because we all want our club to sign marquee players and when targets go to rivals it's a bit of a kicker. When we get told players wouldn't get work permits when other clubs manage to get them.

If we can't increase our income via ticket sales due to capacity I accept that but are the club making the most off the field? Compared to similar sized clubs how do we fair? It's a fine line between doing enough in budget and staying up and falling the wrong side and going down.

Will next season get easier with all the money on offer because other clubs will put big sums into players. Maybe the key is in our commercial side and recruitment. Perhaps whoever made the big wasteful decisions this season won't get the chance to next season.
Be very disappointed on 16:56 - Feb 1 with 1277 viewsUxbridge

"The adverse effect of relegation at this stage would be far more devastating than had we gone down after the first season. "

It really wouldn't. We've got a first class training and youth development facility built. Proper legacy stuff. There are some financial challenges that would have to be addressed but we've got some assets who would attract considerable interest if we went down. Wouldn't be plain sailing, and agree it would see a distinct drop in standard, crowds etc, but worse than if we'd dropped down back then? Not for me.

Be very disappointed on 17:06 - Feb 1 with 1245 viewstomdickharry

A seasoned mid field player that would have been very useful with PL experience would have been Bradly Johnson of Derby, a great left foot,hard as nails and an eye for a pass,he would have stiffened our mid field without doubt. To late now I suppose.
Be very disappointed on 17:13 - Feb 1 with 1180 viewsPhil_S

Nope

As Uxbridge has said Huw Cooze is not head of the Trust he is our Supporter Director. Technically I guess by my very title then the role of head of the Trust falls on my shoulders although I have to say I am not sure I have ever seen it as thus

The David Morgan one is interesting because my understanding was that several years ago he approached the club board and asked for his shares (£5k I think from memory) to be bought but I thought that John bought them out rather than the club although I could be wrong and happy to be corrected

All of this I think goes back possibly 7 or 8 years.

Certainly though will get no argument from me on his role in getting this club back from Mr Petty or any dispute on his standing as a Swans fan. Spoke to him many many times when Petty was here although not heard from him for several years (probably around the time maybe his shares were being sold)
Be very disappointed on 17:31 - Feb 1 with 1124 viewswhiterock

Nope

At least we've signed a player, whoopee do, you wouldn't care who he was as long as he sounds exotic

Heard we're after Cristiano le Ary, thoughts
Be very disappointed on 17:33 - Feb 1 with 1117 viewsMattG

So the Board are simultaneously risking relegation and lining their own pockets.

Sorry but you are going to have to run that one by me again.
Be very disappointed on 18:47 - Feb 1 with 985 viewsjack247

We have done the absolute bare minimum this window. We have been so desperate for a centre forward we have been playing without one. We have brought in one, shipped out two squad players on loan and sold an out of favour first team player for a tidy sum. As much as I didn't rate Eder or Tabanou and couldn't argue with £12m for Shelvey, I wasn't expecting us to finish the window with a thinner first team squad than we started.

Still time though.
Be very disappointed on 19:13 - Feb 1 with 933 viewsswansealad69

Be very disappointed on 17:33 - Feb 1 by MattG

So the Board are simultaneously risking relegation and lining their own pockets.

Sorry but you are going to have to run that one by me again.

Surely u belive we should have done more tho.
We had a much needed confidence boost against Everton and we all new that we needed a striker
We get 1 in but let 1 go and the other might still be gone and if not ain't going to keep us up
We sold a creative midfielder and I will say that it's good business but looks like we ain't going to get 1 in
Send our replacement left back out on loan now have only tailor and a youth player
Its a massive gamble and 1 that could come back and bite us on the ass
Newcastle have gone over the top but have done what was needed
Sunderland the same as have Bournemouth and Norwich
We have now a weaker first team with Jonjo gone and a weaker squad with eder and tab gone.
Be very disappointed on 19:16 - Feb 1 with 918 viewsDarran

Be very disappointed on 19:13 - Feb 1 by swansealad69

Surely u belive we should have done more tho.
We had a much needed confidence boost against Everton and we all new that we needed a striker
We get 1 in but let 1 go and the other might still be gone and if not ain't going to keep us up
We sold a creative midfielder and I will say that it's good business but looks like we ain't going to get 1 in
Send our replacement left back out on loan now have only tailor and a youth player
Its a massive gamble and 1 that could come back and bite us on the ass
Newcastle have gone over the top but have done what was needed
Sunderland the same as have Bournemouth and Norwich
We have now a weaker first team with Jonjo gone and a weaker squad with eder and tab gone.

Go have a lie down you bell whiff.

Be very disappointed on 19:16 - Feb 1 with 922 viewsperchrockjack

Don't depress me 69.

You feel as I do.

We needed to have brought in more /better quality.

Still, we re wrong to feel this way.

Look at the responses to your perfectly reasonable posts.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Be very disappointed on 19:19 - Feb 1 with 897 viewsDarran

Be very disappointed on 19:16 - Feb 1 by perchrockjack

Don't depress me 69.

You feel as I do.

We needed to have brought in more /better quality.

Still, we re wrong to feel this way.

Look at the responses to your perfectly reasonable posts.

How many do you think we should have brought in then?

Be very disappointed on 19:19 - Feb 1 with 899 viewsvetchonian

Be very disappointed on 18:47 - Feb 1 by jack247

We have done the absolute bare minimum this window. We have been so desperate for a centre forward we have been playing without one. We have brought in one, shipped out two squad players on loan and sold an out of favour first team player for a tidy sum. As much as I didn't rate Eder or Tabanou and couldn't argue with £12m for Shelvey, I wasn't expecting us to finish the window with a thinner first team squad than we started.

Still time though.

Are we really thinner?
swapped Eder for another striker in terms of squad not literally as fee involved so one for one and hopefully will be an improvement in terms of quality.
The January window is about tweaking the squad not wholesale changes this is the summer window task. I guess in the summer Leon was not considered to be one of the "main" squad midfielders ,he now appears to be back in the fold thereby increasing that pool so even with Shelvey gone ( and I am not for one minute saying Leon fills that "hole") we have other squad members who could come in if injury hits. Grimes and Fulton , left back could be covered by Naughton and Kingsley. There was quality in the squad but our management had lost its way ...as proven when Curt and Adams stepped in. Franco himself has said about
Not changing too much at the movement so why would we go out Newcastle/Sunderland in desperation to rip things up and start again?.
The acid test is what we do in the summer..... I for one believe we will again be preparing for another season in the Premier the addition of a "better" striker in this window ,the removal of some unsettling influences and a new coaching team will bring us safety.......splashing the cash in January has never been the prevention of relegation.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2016 19:31]

Be very disappointed on 19:25 - Feb 1 with 882 viewsswansealad69

Be very disappointed on 19:16 - Feb 1 by Darran

Go have a lie down you bell whiff.

Feck me the wheelie warrior is off again
Having a debate that's perfectly reasonable and just but again u bring feck all to the table.
Go and ride with the busses u cent.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024