Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team not playing for the manager. 12:26 - Dec 10 with 1815 viewsskacrazy

I know it happens but I don't understand why anyone would want to be a Premier League footballer and not have a winning mentality every game.

Garry had to go not just because of what is at stake this season but because performances more than results have been very poor for 2 months of what is the biggest season in the Premier League history financially.

In the last 12 games we have earned only 6 points out of a possible 30 and been knocked out of the League cup. That's not good enough and unfortunately the buck stops with the manager. It is sad, I would have liked him to turn things around but we can't afford to let sentiment get in the way. After all, he will be set up for life with the compensation money he gets.

I don't know what has gone on behind the scenes but we all know this group of players are better than recent results and up until the last few games where we were calling for changes Garry for the most part stuck with the same starting 11 so there was no excuse for them not to be behind the manager from that respect.

I'm sad that things have ended like this for Garry. It reminds me sort of how I felt when Toshack was sacked but like then it was necessary and I'm glad the board have chosen to act now to give a new manager time to get to know the players before January.

However, I am more than a little bit angry at the lack of maturity, togetherness and effort shown by all of the players recently. They are so lucky to play for our club and need to start working for each other to get us out of this mess.
Team not playing for the manager. on 12:28 - Dec 10 with 1794 viewsjasper_T

Football is just a job like every other.
Team not playing for the manager. on 12:35 - Dec 10 with 1766 viewsDafyddHuw

Read this. How come the Torygraph knows more about the workings of the club than me/us?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/swansea-city/12043786/How-Swanse
Team not playing for the manager. on 12:38 - Dec 10 with 1748 viewsDr_Winston

Team not playing for the manager. on 12:35 - Dec 10 by DafyddHuw

Read this. How come the Torygraph knows more about the workings of the club than me/us?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/swansea-city/12043786/How-Swanse

Depends where the Telegraph is getting its information from.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Team not playing for the manager. on 12:45 - Dec 10 with 1698 viewsHidden_Hand

Where was this outcry of the it being the players fault when Laudrup was sacked?

The manager is called the manager for a reason, its his job to get the best out of the players. If the players won't play for him (which Garry Monk is guilty of himself remember) thats his problem unfortunately.
Team not playing for the manager. on 12:51 - Dec 10 with 1649 viewskarnataka

Team not playing for the manager. on 12:38 - Dec 10 by Dr_Winston

Depends where the Telegraph is getting its information from.

Read a similar article in the Guardian this morning in our local library which said quite a lot about Monk not getting the players he wanted and having to use players like Gomis.
Team not playing for the manager. on 12:51 - Dec 10 with 1648 viewsjacksfullaces

if any of this is true then the issue is less about the team playing for the manager than jenkins micro managing the club.

a definite anti jenkins bias that article
Team not playing for the manager. on 13:04 - Dec 10 with 1586 viewsDr_Winston

Team not playing for the manager. on 12:51 - Dec 10 by jacksfullaces

if any of this is true then the issue is less about the team playing for the manager than jenkins micro managing the club.

a definite anti jenkins bias that article

Which is why I wonder where the info comes from.

Was a slew of anti Jenkins stories after Laudrup got the chop which probably came from Tutumlu or someone like that. It's why I wondered if Monk was still represented by a dodgy agent.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Team not playing for the manager. on 13:55 - Dec 10 with 1501 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Where's this random hatchet job on Huw come from?

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Login to get fewer ads

Team not playing for the manager. on 13:58 - Dec 10 with 1477 viewsDarran

Team not playing for the manager. on 12:28 - Dec 10 by jasper_T

Football is just a job like every other.

Well that's complete bollox for starters.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024