Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for Villa 00:09 - Oct 20 with 15740 viewsJJJack

Don't want to dwell on tonight but there are a few under-performers of late not just tonight and I hope Monk kicks some arses by dropping a few Saturday:
Fabianski
Rangel - deserves to stay in (just)
Taylor - see above
Fernandez - possibly Amat could be given a go but I would persevere with Fede for now
Williams - undroppable
Ki - I'm not really sure how he's ended up out of the side but he should return -sharpish!
Cork - Not the problem IMO. Bad mistake tonight for the goal but is busy.
Siggurdson - Had a breather. But get him back in as he's reliable and hardworking.
Barrow - showed enough tonight to be given another go
Montero - should get more joy Saturday than against Johnson
Eder - Has shown little but Gomis, like Ayew needs to go and think about his game.
Dropped
Gomis- showed willing but the need for so many touches and his refusal to play simple balls kills many of our attacks.
Ayew - horrendous tonight and goals aside has not offered enough of late. Looked unfit tonight.
JJS - Played ok tonight. But his general performance levels aren't where they were a few weeks ago. Would benefit by a short spell on the bench IMO.
Team for Villa on 07:27 - Oct 21 with 2098 viewsbuilthjack

Team for Villa on 09:53 - Oct 20 by johnlangy

Correct.

And quite how anyone reckons Barrow did enough last night to deserve to retain his place I don't know. Did people not see how any times other players were having to tell him what he should be doing. He's young and inexperienced I know but even allowing for that he was awful.

He's 23. If he can't cut it now he never will.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Team for Villa on 07:48 - Oct 21 with 2084 viewsDr_Winston

Team for Villa on 07:27 - Oct 21 by builthjack

He's 23. If he can't cut it now he never will.

Jamie Vardy was still playing in the Conference at the age of 25.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Team for Villa on 07:55 - Oct 21 with 2076 viewsbuilthjack

Team for Villa on 07:48 - Oct 21 by Dr_Winston

Jamie Vardy was still playing in the Conference at the age of 25.

I hope I am wrong, but Barrow, besides the odd run, looks weak and clumsy. He needs to show more promise very quickly. We can't afford to carry passengers at this moment in time.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Team for Villa on 07:56 - Oct 21 with 2076 viewsjojaca

Team for Villa on 06:51 - Oct 21 by michumagic9

I would actually rather Tabanou start ahead of Taylor but I doubt it will happen and maybe even give Eder a chance ahead of Gomis.

Fabianski
Naughton
Taylor
Amat
Williams
Cork
Ki
Sigurdsson
Ayew
Montero
Gomis

I would like to see how fluid our midfield functions without Shelvey.

Even when you know, you never know?

Team for Villa on 08:02 - Oct 21 with 2071 viewsDr_Winston

Team for Villa on 07:55 - Oct 21 by builthjack

I hope I am wrong, but Barrow, besides the odd run, looks weak and clumsy. He needs to show more promise very quickly. We can't afford to carry passengers at this moment in time.

He's not ready now to be starting games for sure. Doesn't mean he never will be, even if he is 23.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Team for Villa on 08:12 - Oct 21 with 2061 viewsWarwickHunt

Team for Villa on 09:53 - Oct 20 by johnlangy

Correct.

And quite how anyone reckons Barrow did enough last night to deserve to retain his place I don't know. Did people not see how any times other players were having to tell him what he should be doing. He's young and inexperienced I know but even allowing for that he was awful.

He's rawer than sushi but it's not his fault he was out of his depth.

Fück knows what happened with Dyer - the alleged lack of a recall clause and his instant new-found form suggests it's not entirely football related.

Coco-Pops anyone?
Team for Villa on 08:16 - Oct 21 with 2057 viewsmonmouth

Team for Villa on 08:12 - Oct 21 by WarwickHunt

Fück knows what happened with Dyer - the alleged lack of a recall clause and his instant new-found form suggests it's not entirely football related.

Coco-Pops anyone?

Is he a winger?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Team for Villa on 08:28 - Oct 21 with 2047 viewsDr_Winston

Team for Villa on 08:12 - Oct 21 by WarwickHunt

Coco-Pops anyone?

He's left us and joined a team playing fast, counterattacking football. Suddenly he's back to being the player he has for us for all bar the past two years.

Seems pretty football related to me.

Login to get fewer ads

Team for Villa on 08:36 - Oct 21 with 2038 viewsWarwickHunt

Team for Villa on 08:28 - Oct 21 by Dr_Winston

He's left us and joined a team playing fast, counterattacking football. Suddenly he's back to being the player he has for us for all bar the past two years.

Could be right. Our static, ponderous style of late certainly doesn't suit his game.
He has looked like a park player recently though - either confidence shot or off the field issues.
Team for Villa on 10:23 - Oct 21 with 1960 viewsRichythejack

Lots of comments suggesting to drop JJS and i totally agree. Bring Britton back into the mix and get that ball doing all the work.

How many managers have dropped him and seen the dip in form? JJS was the main downfall of Laudrap and looked what happen to him

Poll: Should Darran be banned from the forums?

Team for Villa on 10:33 - Oct 21 with 1951 viewsUxbridge

Team for Villa on 08:36 - Oct 21 by WarwickHunt

Could be right. Our static, ponderous style of late certainly doesn't suit his game.
He has looked like a park player recently though - either confidence shot or off the field issues.

I've never understood this need to attribute on field form with off field stuff. It's rarely related.

Jobbie's spot on - it's hardly a surprise that a football team playing to his strengths suddenly makes him look a bit better ... although it should be pointed out the great saviour of our right flank has only had two substitute appearances for Leicester in the 2 months he's been there. Hardly much of a basis to predict the rise of lazarus.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Team for Villa on 10:34 - Oct 21 with 1947 viewsUxbridge

Team for Villa on 10:23 - Oct 21 by Richythejack

Lots of comments suggesting to drop JJS and i totally agree. Bring Britton back into the mix and get that ball doing all the work.

How many managers have dropped him and seen the dip in form? JJS was the main downfall of Laudrap and looked what happen to him

Laudrup phoning it in for months was the main downfall of Laudrup.

It's all a bit harsh on Shelvey and I say that as someone who's advocating a change there. I think much of his woes have been inflicted upon him.

Team for Villa on 10:44 - Oct 21 with 1931 viewsWarwickHunt

Team for Villa on 10:33 - Oct 21 by Uxbridge

I've never understood this need to attribute on field form with off field stuff. It's rarely related.

Jobbie's spot on - it's hardly a surprise that a football team playing to his strengths suddenly makes him look a bit better ... although it should be pointed out the great saviour of our right flank has only had two substitute appearances for Leicester in the 2 months he's been there. Hardly much of a basis to predict the rise of lazarus.

True - it was a bit more pronounced than a loss of form though.

My theory was Chris Rock fancied a few games and bribed him to take his place.
Team for Villa on 10:57 - Oct 21 with 1918 viewsUxbridge

Team for Villa on 10:44 - Oct 21 by WarwickHunt

True - it was a bit more pronounced than a loss of form though.

My theory was Chris Rock fancied a few games and bribed him to take his place.

Was it? Not to me I must admit. I'd largely attributed it to him just reaching his level, with others overtaking him to be honest. That and he's been here an awful long time in footballing terms.

I'll be interested to see how he gets on this year and maybe he comes back refreshed, or we get some cash for him. Either way, if he hadn't gone, I think we'd currently be banging on about why we didn't buy another right winger in the summer and how we absolutely must in January. This whole recall clause thing's a bit of a red herring IMO.

Team for Villa on 11:06 - Oct 21 with 1911 viewsWarwickHunt

Team for Villa on 10:57 - Oct 21 by Uxbridge

Was it? Not to me I must admit. I'd largely attributed it to him just reaching his level, with others overtaking him to be honest. That and he's been here an awful long time in footballing terms.

I'll be interested to see how he gets on this year and maybe he comes back refreshed, or we get some cash for him. Either way, if he hadn't gone, I think we'd currently be banging on about why we didn't buy another right winger in the summer and how we absolutely must in January. This whole recall clause thing's a bit of a red herring IMO.

It's just a safety net though, isn't it.

Pretty standard and hardly a deal breaker I'd have thought. Barrow still seems a million miles off a starting place.
Team for Villa on 11:19 - Oct 21 with 1714 viewsjasper_T

Team for Villa on 11:06 - Oct 21 by WarwickHunt

Pretty standard and hardly a deal breaker I'd have thought. Barrow still seems a million miles off a starting place.

Shelvey was just as bad as everyone else on Monday night. Every time he got the ball he'd do a slow, awkward spin and pass it sideways. Then drop into DM and force Cork to make the forward runs.

Too many pints on Saturday night.
Team for Villa on 11:34 - Oct 21 with 1695 viewsicecoldjack

Team for Villa on 08:28 - Oct 21 by Dr_Winston

Past 2 yrs ? Not having that. He started last season really well and got foo ked about, dropped to the bench after playing well, his confidence obviously took a knock and in fairness to him he probably expected a bit more loyalty from the manager, who wanted to bed in montego.

He did lose his form after a good start last season but hasn't been poor for 2 yr s .

Our problems run deeper than Nathan dyer on loan though that's for sure .
Team for Villa on 12:06 - Oct 21 with 1661 viewsWarwickHunt

Team for Villa on 11:19 - Oct 21 by jasper_T

Shelvey was just as bad as everyone else on Monday night. Every time he got the ball he'd do a slow, awkward spin and pass it sideways. Then drop into DM and force Cork to make the forward runs.

Too many pints on Saturday night.

Don't know what the f*ck was going on with Cork playing ahead of Shelvey but Jonjo was the best of a very bad bunch on Monday.
Team for Villa on 12:30 - Oct 21 with 1640 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Team for Villa on 12:06 - Oct 21 by WarwickHunt

Don't know what the f*ck was going on with Cork playing ahead of Shelvey but Jonjo was the best of a very bad bunch on Monday.

I'd be very surprised if the players came up with the idea after taking the field.

Had to be manager's orders surely?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Team for Villa on 12:39 - Oct 21 with 1627 viewsWarwickHunt

Team for Villa on 12:30 - Oct 21 by Joe_bradshaw

I'd be very surprised if the players came up with the idea after taking the field.

Had to be manager's orders surely?

You'd have thought so...

With Leon, Ki and Siggy on the bench too. Bizarre.
Team for Villa on 13:17 - Oct 21 with 1592 viewsUxbridge

Team for Villa on 11:06 - Oct 21 by WarwickHunt

Few assumptions there. Not even sure there isn't one there, but even if club wanted one a) who is to say Lester would have agreed, and b) the club would ever seek to exercise it. Dyer hasn't looked up to snuff for some time IMO so we would always look to improve that position, and improve doesn't mean bring him back.

Team for Villa on 13:38 - Oct 21 with 1570 viewsWarwickHunt

Team for Villa on 13:17 - Oct 21 by Uxbridge

Few assumptions there. Not even sure there isn't one there, but even if club wanted one a) who is to say Lester would have agreed, and b) the club would ever seek to exercise it. Dyer hasn't looked up to snuff for some time IMO so we would always look to improve that position, and improve doesn't mean bring him back.

a) Leicester are borrowing from us. Our rules.
b) We may, we may not - nice to have the option.

Who do you reckon we'll buy in January then?
Team for Villa on 13:40 - Oct 21 with 1565 viewsUxbridge

Team for Villa on 13:38 - Oct 21 by WarwickHunt

You're assuming we weren't happy to pocket the coin from shipping him out. Cashflow isn't half as fluid down there as you make out.

No idea. If they want someone they tend to get them though. This summer proves that at least doesn't it?

Anyway, I do hope you post as frequently next week if we win at Villa

Team for Villa on 16:35 - Oct 21 with 1492 viewsDr_Winston

Team for Villa on 11:34 - Oct 21 by icecoldjack

Past 2 yrs ? Not having that. He started last season really well and got foo ked about, dropped to the bench after playing well, his confidence obviously took a knock and in fairness to him he probably expected a bit more loyalty from the manager, who wanted to bed in montego.

He did lose his form after a good start last season but hasn't been poor for 2 yr s .

Our problems run deeper than Nathan dyer on loan though that's for sure .

Can't argue with that.

Apart from the Montego bit obviously.

Team for Villa on 16:57 - Oct 21 with 1470 viewsmorningstar

Team for Villa on 13:38 - Oct 21 by WarwickHunt

If we have received a loan fee from Leicester, then it is my understanding that he cannot be recallled. I seem to remember when we had Caulker on loan, they had Ledley King and Gallas injured long term at the same time, but they were unable too recall Caulker.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024