Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Serie A 20:21 - Sep 27 with 5001 viewslatchford

Ex swans manager at the top!!
Serie A on 10:20 - Sep 28 with 1224 viewsWarwickHunt

Serie A on 10:13 - Sep 28 by jack247

Ok, as I recall it.

The board were split over whether to keep him due to him starting to lose the dressing room over training methods and his negative style of play. He wanted more money for players than agreed when he took over, because he (understandably) felt he had overachieved by getting us almost to the playoffs.

After the season, he was one year into a three or four year contract and there was talk of Leicester being interested. He knew it, the club knew it, so they paid his wages until Leicester made an offer as not to have to compensate him. My mind may be playing tricks, but I think the compensation agreed was undisclosed, but around £50k, which is tantamount to being released anyway.

He was also sacked by the club he played for immediately before and after us. Not sure if it was for playing style, results or being difficult to work with.

Edit - sacked by the clubs he managed, not played for
[Post edited 28 Sep 2015 10:18]

He was sacked because he fell out with Briatore.
It's common knowledge that Briatore wanted to choose the players to buy and pick the team - I had this confirmed by two people on the staff at QPR, one of whom was a junior coach.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/fa-league-cups/paulo-sousa-the-forgo
Serie A on 10:25 - Sep 28 with 1215 viewsjack247

Serie A on 10:20 - Sep 28 by WarwickHunt

He was sacked because he fell out with Briatore.
It's common knowledge that Briatore wanted to choose the players to buy and pick the team - I had this confirmed by two people on the staff at QPR, one of whom was a junior coach.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/fa-league-cups/paulo-sousa-the-forgo

That does ring a bell to be fair.

Ive just googled his managerial career. Sacked by QPR and Leicester. Released by 'mutual consent' by Videoton. Since then, he has been very successful at Macabbi Tel Aviv and Basel.
Serie A on 10:53 - Sep 28 with 1198 viewsJackSomething

Serie A on 10:25 - Sep 28 by jack247

That does ring a bell to be fair.

Ive just googled his managerial career. Sacked by QPR and Leicester. Released by 'mutual consent' by Videoton. Since then, he has been very successful at Macabbi Tel Aviv and Basel.

Doesn't last very long anywhere does he? Hints at him not being easy to work with. Similar to his fellow Portuguese at Chelsea, although Mourinho tends to last a little longer because he's more successful.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Serie A on 11:17 - Sep 28 with 1181 viewsDr_Winston

Serie A on 10:53 - Sep 28 by JackSomething

Doesn't last very long anywhere does he? Hints at him not being easy to work with. Similar to his fellow Portuguese at Chelsea, although Mourinho tends to last a little longer because he's more successful.

Similar to Laudrup in certain regards. Hugely successful and a secured legacy as a player, no doubt not short of a few bob now so not worried about upsetting people as a manager, hence regular moves.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Serie A on 11:39 - Sep 28 with 1166 viewsWarwickHunt

Serie A on 11:17 - Sep 28 by Dr_Winston

Similar to Laudrup in certain regards. Hugely successful and a secured legacy as a player, no doubt not short of a few bob now so not worried about upsetting people as a manager, hence regular moves.

Not a bad trait in a manager if you ask me - especially with the number of clubs owned/run by dickheads these days.
Serie A on 11:59 - Sep 28 with 1154 viewsjack247

Serie A on 11:39 - Sep 28 by WarwickHunt

Not a bad trait in a manager if you ask me - especially with the number of clubs owned/run by dickheads these days.

There is a fine line between not being a yes man and being problematic. Seems both these two cross it now and then.

I agree, with Dr. W - some striking similarities between PS and ML. Both played their part, I'm glad they both left.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024