Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Gomis is out for the next 3 weeks (As reports suggest) what would you do ? 22:34 - Apr 11 with 5993 viewsSS2013

If Gomis is out for the next 3 weeks (As reports suggest) what would you do ?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

If Gomis is out for the next 3 weeks (As reports suggest) what would you do ? on 22:36 - Apr 11 with 4974 viewsPozuelosSideys

Oliveira is injured isnt he?

Probably go with a false 9 tbh. Emnes will probably get the nod though. Either way, think we'll be pretty toothless going forward. Shame really as Gomis looked up for it again today.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

If Gomis is out for the next 3 weeks (As reports suggest) what would you do ? on 22:54 - Apr 11 with 4893 viewscentrestandswan

Ask Trunds what he is doing for the next few Saturdays. Failing that Olie must be given a chance.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

If Gomis is out for the next 3 weeks (As reports suggest) what would you do ? on 22:57 - Apr 11 with 4885 viewsairedale

Nelson has twisted his ankle, how long will that take though? From what I've seen of Nelson, he could be OK after 2 or 3 games imo.
If Gomis is out for the next 3 weeks (As reports suggest) what would you do ? on 00:27 - Apr 12 with 4716 viewsdobjack2

Tell Gomis that's why we need to spend money on a striker in the close season.
If Gomis is out for the next 3 weeks (As reports suggest) what would you do ? on 07:35 - Apr 12 with 4548 viewsjack247

We have been lucky that we have managed to go nearly half a season with only one genuine striker. I would class Emnes as primarily a winger and Oliviera as a #10. I would have said either could do a job up front, but we seemed to prefer Routs yesterday. We need someone reasonably physical
If Gomis is out for the next 3 weeks (As reports suggest) what would you do ? on 08:12 - Apr 12 with 4504 viewsDr_Winston

Chuck Shelvey up there. Worked a treat against the Geordies last season.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

If Gomis is out for the next 3 weeks (As reports suggest) what would you do ? on 08:39 - Apr 12 with 4457 viewsMattG

Yesterday's game shows why Emnes is never a striker - spent about 90% of the time wide on the left and, on the odd occasion he was in the centre and the ball went to him, he couldn't hold it up and it came straight back.

Another option could be to revert to the old 4-5-1 with Routledge up front and 2 of Montero, Emnes and Dyer out wide - a version of Laudrup's "3 Wingers" approach. Then play Ki and Cork behind Gylfi in midfield to add a bit more of a defensive shield.
If Gomis is out for the next 3 weeks (As reports suggest) what would you do ? on 09:02 - Apr 12 with 4411 viewsdgt73

Olivera if fit...if not fit....then JM back in the team and JJS or WR put up front.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Login to get fewer ads

If Gomis is out for the next 3 weeks (As reports suggest) what would you do ? on 09:08 - Apr 12 with 4390 viewsSwaneeRiver

Routledge up front, Dyer & Montero (if available, otherwise Emnes) on the wings, with Shelvey tucked in just behind
If Gomis is out for the next 3 weeks (As reports suggest) what would you do ? on 09:32 - Apr 12 with 4317 viewsBrynmill_Jack

If Gomis is out for the next 3 weeks (As reports suggest) what would you do ? on 08:12 - Apr 12 by Dr_Winston

I was told he'd played up front for Liverpool once or twice

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

If Gomis is out for the next 3 weeks (As reports suggest) what would you do ? on 09:47 - Apr 12 with 4271 viewsjack247

If Gomis is out for the next 3 weeks (As reports suggest) what would you do ? on 08:12 - Apr 12 by Dr_Winston

Probably our best bet. Far from ideal, but I'd play him there in a 433/451. He may not have the strength of Gomis, but his close control is as good as anyone's and he will put himself about, so should do a reasonable job of holding the ball up.
If Gomis is out for the next 3 weeks (As reports suggest) what would you do ? on 10:04 - Apr 12 with 4245 viewsStarsky

It's obviously going to be Olivera up front. However he's injured so it's not a proper vote issit?

It's just the internet, init.

If Gomis is out for the next 3 weeks (As reports suggest) what would you do ? on 11:53 - Apr 12 with 4092 viewsgetcarter

Recall Rory and see how he performs
If Gomis is out for the next 3 weeks (As reports suggest) what would you do ? on 12:14 - Apr 12 with 4056 viewsChief

weighing it all up:

-we are safe and unlikely to go any higher / want to finish as high as possible and keep winning.
-Oliviera isn't our player / if you give him a run of games and does well, we could sign him permanently.

on balance I would give a youngster a go, no harm in it now. Ship has probably sailed for Loveridge and Donnelly.

Keji Gorre? more of a winger though I think. Ryan Hedges? on loan but again more of a winger but Emnes was brought on for Gomis yesterday.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

If Gomis is out for the next 3 weeks (As reports suggest) what would you do ? on 12:36 - Apr 12 with 4018 viewsdobjack2

The possible answers to this thread show how lucky we have been to get away with one fit or decent striker at the club.

Can't afford to do this again next season.
If Gomis is out for the next 3 weeks (As reports suggest) what would you do ? on 13:06 - Apr 12 with 3956 viewsmax936

Send out an SOS for Donnelly

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

If Gomis is out for the next 3 weeks (As reports suggest) what would you do ? on 13:22 - Apr 12 with 3932 viewsAl_Bundy

If Gomis is out for the next 3 weeks (As reports suggest) what would you do ? on 13:06 - Apr 12 by max936

Send out an SOS for Donnelly

We have no real option unless Nelson is fit.

Donnelly the dick is doing nothing in the basement league..there is no one in the youth set up anywhere near ready.

I would go with the physicality of Shelvey up front pulling in another midfielder may be Montero.
If Gomis is out for the next 3 weeks (As reports suggest) what would you do ? on 16:46 - Apr 12 with 3785 viewsIslander

Shelvey - target man / nuisance for centre halves / unpredictable / viscous instinctive shot

Or, Montero - left-field option / Defouesque
If Gomis is out for the next 3 weeks (As reports suggest) what would you do ? on 16:47 - Apr 12 with 3782 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Dyer upfront.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

If Gomis is out for the next 3 weeks (As reports suggest) what would you do ? on 16:52 - Apr 12 with 3763 viewsNeathJack

Assuming Oliviera is not available I'd do what it appeared we did in the 2nd half yesterday and stick Gylfi up top in a false 9 alternating with JJS.

If he's fit Montero on the left and Dyer/Routs on the right with Cork & Ki sitting in behind.
If Gomis is out for the next 3 weeks (As reports suggest) what would you do ? on 16:52 - Apr 12 with 3763 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Alan Curtis could do a job.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

If Gomis is out for the next 3 weeks (As reports suggest) what would you do ? on 17:25 - Apr 12 with 3706 viewsSilverSurfer

I would go for Shelvey always thought he should be given a start there 👍
If Gomis is out for the next 3 weeks (As reports suggest) what would you do ? on 03:28 - Apr 13 with 3437 viewsWanderer

With the foxes fighting for their lives, they will chase Fab into long balls out and hope their two big CB will get their heads to the ball first.. simple Pearson plan.
Maybe a big boy like JJS would be nuisance enough to upset their big boys, but need to pick up the pieces around that melee re Cork and Ki.
If Gomis is out for the next 3 weeks (As reports suggest) what would you do ? on 13:19 - Apr 13 with 3171 viewshomeiswheretrundleis

Try Bartley up front he has the height to deal with their defenders then coach him to hold the ball up
If Gomis is out for the next 3 weeks (As reports suggest) what would you do ? on 15:20 - Apr 13 with 3059 viewsDanielswan

Sit deep, Montero up front to run after throughballs ... or something like that.

Half portuguese and half danish, mixing Sagres and Carlsberg is my birthright.
Poll: Style of play.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024