Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michu 20:23 - Apr 6 with 9207 viewsSS2013

How long does he have left on his contract chaps ?

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

Michu on 20:25 - Apr 6 with 5583 viewsSwansNZ

1 year

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Michu on 20:46 - Apr 6 with 5530 viewsairedale

If he comes back, does anyone think he will get in the side? And if there's 2 for every position, will it be either him or Gylfi to start?
Michu on 20:48 - Apr 6 with 5525 viewsSwansNZ

Double sided advertising boards now — why wouldn’t he want to come back

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Michu on 20:56 - Apr 6 with 5480 viewsJonnyTheJack

I'd be shocked if he played again for us. Even in pre-season.
Michu on 23:30 - Apr 6 with 5135 viewsHuw57

Gylfi is twice the player Michu is.

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Michu on 00:52 - Apr 7 with 5033 viewssnork44

Michu on 23:30 - Apr 6 by Huw57

Agreed, but I would love to see Michu back and in top form, but unfortunately I think his ankles are shot and would he play for Monk even though Laudrup was the one that did the most damage to Michu!

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Michu on 05:58 - Apr 7 with 4971 viewsAnotherJohn

There seem to be obstacles on both sides to overcome before any return is possible. It may be that positions are too entrenched, but it would certainly be good to have an alternative to Gylfi in some games. For me a fit Michu is going to score a lot more goals than Gylfi ever will, and the squad would be stronger if we could get Michu fit and motivated. As there is no fee involved we would be stupid not to assess him in the summer. The main problem seems to be the one ankle and a joint that still contained debris after the first operation - so it may be premature to just dismiss him on the basis that 'his ankles are fooked'. Mind you it is always going to be a gamble - we came close to getting Ferrie Bodde fit and then his good knee goes!
[Post edited 7 Apr 2015 6:03]
Michu on 06:37 - Apr 7 with 4949 viewspencoedjack

Not when Michu was on top form (& Gylfi is one of my fav ever Swans players)
Login to get fewer ads

Michu on 09:30 - Apr 7 with 4783 viewsDewi1jack

Personally, I'd love to see the Michu we had in his first season back. But the one we had in his 2nd?
Not for me
And he was a petulant brat under Loudstrop as well, for those who seem to have conveniently forgotten that and just want to blame GM for his behaviour.
He was often in the tunnel 5-10 mins before the teams came out ,when the HT team talks were still going on. Often seen chucking his hands in the air on the pitch and walking around. Dismissive of ML regularly etc etc

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Michu on 10:13 - Apr 7 with 4717 viewsTheFranchise

Michu on 06:37 - Apr 7 by pencoedjack

Not when Michu was on top form (& Gylfi is one of my fav ever Swans players)

The Michu we saw in his first season was simply the best ever player we had upto that point. His second goal at QPR was the best technically perfect finish I've seen in a modern era Swans player.

Sadly like Bodde before him, I don't think we'll ever see that player again.
Michu on 10:21 - Apr 7 with 4703 viewsTrundle10

Are you on drugs?
Michu on 10:23 - Apr 7 with 4692 viewsTrundle10

Michu on 00:52 - Apr 7 by snork44

Agreed, but I would love to see Michu back and in top form, but unfortunately I think his ankles are shot and would he play for Monk even though Laudrup was the one that did the most damage to Michu!

Are you also on drugs agreeing with this?....... Twice the player..... just wow!!
Michu on 10:35 - Apr 7 with 4665 viewsBrynmill_Jack

When Michu is crippled with duff ankles and can't run, yes.
If Michu was fully fit we wouldn't have even signed Gylfi.
Michu was a top PL player and in European terms too in his prime. Gylfi couldn't get into the Spurs side.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Michu on 11:31 - Apr 7 with 4597 viewsdantheswansman

Can i have some of what you are smoking ?
Michu in form makes Gylfi look like a championship player . And i love Gylfi
Michu on 11:59 - Apr 7 with 4562 viewsshandyjack

2 completely different style of AM. If you want a goalscoring AM that offers little to the all round game then Michu is better. If you want a creative player who chips in with odd goal the Gylfi is better. I suppose it is a case of 6 of 1

Poll: Expectation for the season

Michu on 12:25 - Apr 7 with 4521 viewsJokeren1943

If so, Michu is 3 times the goalscorer Gylfi is.

I would love to get him back. But I am afraid his career is over.

Actually I think our present Swansea style with no (or one winger) fits Michu better.
Michu on 13:29 - Apr 7 with 4428 viewsTrundle10

Michu on 11:59 - Apr 7 by shandyjack

2 completely different style of AM. If you want a goalscoring AM that offers little to the all round game then Michu is better. If you want a creative player who chips in with odd goal the Gylfi is better. I suppose it is a case of 6 of 1

Rightio...... Jesus wept.
Michu on 13:50 - Apr 7 with 4384 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Lets be honest he'll most likely be loaned out again if we are unable to sell him over the summer

Someone will try him on the off chance - just hope its not someone else in the PL in case it comes back to bite us

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Michu on 14:21 - Apr 7 with 4344 viewssully49

IMOP he is more likely to be hidden away in the background somewhere. GM doesn't want him. Who on earth will want him on loan, with all his medical history?
We probably had the best out of him, unfortunately, he will never recreate the way he used to be, he's finished as a player, even for the lower divisions.
Love him or hate him on his day he was a fantastic asset for us.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Michu on 14:47 - Apr 7 with 4303 viewsTrundle10

Michu on 14:21 - Apr 7 by sully49

IMOP he is more likely to be hidden away in the background somewhere. GM doesn't want him. Who on earth will want him on loan, with all his medical history?
We probably had the best out of him, unfortunately, he will never recreate the way he used to be, he's finished as a player, even for the lower divisions.
Love him or hate him on his day he was a fantastic asset for us.

Are you a physiotherapist? or healthcare professional? and why would any Swansea supporter hate him?
[Post edited 7 Apr 2015 15:14]
Michu on 15:34 - Apr 7 with 4241 viewsNeiltheTaylor

I for one would love him back I'd he has any football left in him, which no one knows despite some bullshit assertions.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Michu on 16:18 - Apr 7 with 4200 viewsshandyjack

Michu on 13:29 - Apr 7 by Trundle10

Rightio...... Jesus wept.

care to explain? or just going to abuse every post

Poll: Expectation for the season

Michu on 16:43 - Apr 7 with 4164 viewsStarsky

Michu on 16:18 - Apr 7 by shandyjack

care to explain? or just going to abuse every post

Trundle10 gets very excited when people have a different opinion To him don't they?

It's just the internet, init.

Michu on 16:57 - Apr 7 with 4143 viewsSwan91

He didn't really work well with Bony but maybe a partnership between him and Gomis could be very good..... who knows

I would like to see him in the squad next season. but hopefully as a better player than end of last season. if he comes good again, him and gylfi fighting for the the first AM spot would be great for us!!
Michu on 18:10 - Apr 7 with 4062 viewsStarsky

Michu on 16:57 - Apr 7 by Swan91

He didn't really work well with Bony but maybe a partnership between him and Gomis could be very good..... who knows

I would like to see him in the squad next season. but hopefully as a better player than end of last season. if he comes good again, him and gylfi fighting for the the first AM spot would be great for us!!

I think a trio of a fit Michu, Gomis and Gylfi is a damn fine squad

It's just the internet, init.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024