Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lille reported to be after Cisse. 12:35 - Jan 3 with 2861 viewsBrightonhoop

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/rangers-ready-to-offload-unsettled-cisse
Lille reported to be after Cisse. on 13:05 - Jan 3 with 796 viewsdaveB

agree we need him back and he is a good option from the bench, should have been in the squad rather than Ephraim really but Hughes knew best. I do think though if he is replacing Cisse then we'll have problems
Lille reported to be after Cisse. on 13:06 - Jan 3 with 787 viewsGloucs_R

Lille reported to be after Cisse. on 13:04 - Jan 3 by Northernr

I don't see that Cisse doesn't put a shift in. I know I'm a minority here but I don't really have a problem with his work rate. All strikers need good service - would you knock balls in behind a defence for Heidar Helguson to sprint after and then slag him off for not getting to them? Or stick SWP up front and play a long ball game and criticise him for not doing well with that?

Cisse need a target man up top with him, so he can flick it on for Cisse to run onto it. Worked fine last year with Zamora and Cisse. Maybe we should try Cisse and Hulse up front?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Lille reported to be after Cisse. on 13:06 - Jan 3 with 787 viewsbaz_qpr

I'm with you on this, and whilst DJ may have found some form, he is still a poor man's Cisse and despite his wages and strops if we go down, he is more of an asset to us than a hindrence
Lille reported to be after Cisse. on 13:08 - Jan 3 with 783 viewsNorthernr

Lille reported to be after Cisse. on 13:05 - Jan 3 by daveB

agree we need him back and he is a good option from the bench, should have been in the squad rather than Ephraim really but Hughes knew best. I do think though if he is replacing Cisse then we'll have problems

Well we've got problems anyway but it might be short term pain for long term gain. We're still almost certain to be relegated - next season Cisse more than likely wouldn't want to play in the Championship and even if he did we wouldn't be able to afford his awages. Campbell probably would and we probably can, so while he wouldn't be a good replacement now, he would be a useful headstart in building the team next season.

I worry we're going to let Campbell go to Ipswich, and then spend this summer trying to find another striker just like him to bring in for the Championship.
Lille reported to be after Cisse. on 13:09 - Jan 3 with 779 viewsHollowayRanger

if DJ had stayed fit he would have kept blackpool up couple of seasons ago they missed him big time when he got injured

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Lille reported to be after Cisse. on 13:13 - Jan 3 with 768 viewsHarbour

Harry is playing a clever game has publicly stated he is not selling any players in this window and last night said nothing in the offing in terms of new signings. I think he will sell a couple of players in he can and bring in a few even if only on short term loans I reckon Cisse could go which would be a shame but hope he has a couple of defenders and at least one attacker on his list ...... but caveat that with no over the hill over paid injury prone signings... think Jan could be interesting
Lille reported to be after Cisse. on 13:32 - Jan 3 with 736 viewsSuffolkHoop

Lille reported to be after Cisse. on 13:08 - Jan 3 by Northernr

Well we've got problems anyway but it might be short term pain for long term gain. We're still almost certain to be relegated - next season Cisse more than likely wouldn't want to play in the Championship and even if he did we wouldn't be able to afford his awages. Campbell probably would and we probably can, so while he wouldn't be a good replacement now, he would be a useful headstart in building the team next season.

I worry we're going to let Campbell go to Ipswich, and then spend this summer trying to find another striker just like him to bring in for the Championship.

The thing is though we have so many players on a lot of money that we're going to have to try and afford paying big wages in the Championship. OK maybe we'll find takers or manage to get rid of a few of them, but not all. They're too greedy and too old to move. Think about Bosingwa, Barton, Park etc. Their contracts will be too expensive and no other club will be as stupid as us.

We can either

1. Keep them and play them while trying to make them give a shit
2. Keep them and don't play them - paying new Championship replacements
3. Keep them and loan them out - paying new Championship replacements

Number 1 is the best option if Harry can make it possible.
Lille reported to be after Cisse. on 13:39 - Jan 3 with 723 viewsfakekerby

I haven't been impressed with Cisse this year, BUT we do only have one fit striker and he has been asked to play a role not suited to his game. I'd keep him every day of the week, if our form picks up he will start getting more goals. He's deadly when in the mood and I don't think we can afford to get rid of a goal scorer. We simply don't have enough attacking options at the club to justify it.
Login to get fewer ads

Lille reported to be after Cisse. on 13:42 - Jan 3 with 714 viewsSuffolkHoop

I wouldn't like to see Cisse leave but realistically we're going to need big earners off the list for the sake of the club. Unfortunately its going to be a case of anyone with a taker leaving - and having to make do with the ones that are left next season assuming we are relegated.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned it before but I'd really like to have seen how Zamora and Mackie would link up if played up top together and I think its a shame because it would work well IMO.
Lille reported to be after Cisse. on 13:43 - Jan 3 with 711 viewsjonno

I don't see that Cisse doesn't put a shift in. I know I'm a minority here but I don't really have a problem with his work rate. All strikers need good service - would you knock balls in behind a defence for Heidar Helguson to sprint after and then slag him off for not getting to them? Or stick SWP up front and play a long ball game and criticise him for not doing well with that?

Exactly. As I said here the other day if you played Cisse in a pub league up front on his own and just banged balls up to him all day he wouldn't look a decent player. But he's an excellent finisher and I seriously doubt we could get anyone as good in this window. We really need to play to his strengths - then he'll look a different player and I reckon would score the goals that could keep us up.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Lille reported to be after Cisse. on 13:43 - Jan 3 with 710 viewsbosh67

Lille reported to be after Cisse. on 12:41 - Jan 3 by Gloucs_R

err and his divorce!

This.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Lille reported to be after Cisse. on 13:51 - Jan 3 with 690 viewsadhoc_qpr

Lille reported to be after Cisse. on 13:32 - Jan 3 by SuffolkHoop

The thing is though we have so many players on a lot of money that we're going to have to try and afford paying big wages in the Championship. OK maybe we'll find takers or manage to get rid of a few of them, but not all. They're too greedy and too old to move. Think about Bosingwa, Barton, Park etc. Their contracts will be too expensive and no other club will be as stupid as us.

We can either

1. Keep them and play them while trying to make them give a shit
2. Keep them and don't play them - paying new Championship replacements
3. Keep them and loan them out - paying new Championship replacements

Number 1 is the best option if Harry can make it possible.

I think well be able to find a taker for the following players without too many issues:

Park - still a big name and a big draw globally. Surely a club in Russia/the MLS/Qatar/China would want him as a high profile 'brand' signing?
Cisse - will command a fee and still has a good rep.
Barton - hopefully he'll finish the season well for Marseille and they'll take him off our hands.
Granero - IF we do want to sell, i can't see him being short of offers in Spain and Italy.
Hoillet - Still young and was in demand in the summer, someone will take a punt.
Cesar - still a class keeper with a good rep, will also be in demand.

Take some or all of those players off the wage bill and we are left with a few big earners (SWP, Onouha, Johnson, Zamora) but a much more sustainable wage base and i think the latter 3 could still offer us something on the pitch anyway.
Lille reported to be after Cisse. on 13:51 - Jan 3 with 690 viewsisawqpratwcity

He's good, sometimes very good, but not irreplaceable, while on a very decent wedge.

Let's see what eventuates?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Lille reported to be after Cisse. on 13:56 - Jan 3 with 673 viewsSuffolkHoop

Lille reported to be after Cisse. on 13:51 - Jan 3 by adhoc_qpr

I think well be able to find a taker for the following players without too many issues:

Park - still a big name and a big draw globally. Surely a club in Russia/the MLS/Qatar/China would want him as a high profile 'brand' signing?
Cisse - will command a fee and still has a good rep.
Barton - hopefully he'll finish the season well for Marseille and they'll take him off our hands.
Granero - IF we do want to sell, i can't see him being short of offers in Spain and Italy.
Hoillet - Still young and was in demand in the summer, someone will take a punt.
Cesar - still a class keeper with a good rep, will also be in demand.

Take some or all of those players off the wage bill and we are left with a few big earners (SWP, Onouha, Johnson, Zamora) but a much more sustainable wage base and i think the latter 3 could still offer us something on the pitch anyway.

Zamora and Johnson would be unplayable in the Championship even at their age. Shame they'd only be fit 25% of the time.
Lille reported to be after Cisse. on 13:58 - Jan 3 with 667 viewsTacticalR

Agree with northern that a lot of the criticism of Cissé is unwarranted.

His goal against Stoke that kept us up last season. He gets a half-chance and he scores.

The problem is that we are finding it very hard to create the chances he needs, and if you're not creating those chances and Cissé's not in the game you might as well have an extra midfield player who's in the game. That's why Harry subbed Cissé at half-time on Sunday (and that was a bold stroke by the way).

If the extra midfielder can hold on to the ball (Cissé often loses the ball), it takes pressure off the team, and you might score with a half-chance (but then you haven't got Cissé to take the half-chance) or with a set-piece, or from one of the advanced midfielders getting into the box.

Air hostess clique

Lille reported to be after Cisse. on 14:07 - Jan 3 with 624 viewsPhildo

perhaps we could swap him for super mario who has had a little altercation with mr mancini this morning apparently.

and no I am not being serious..
Lille reported to be after Cisse. on 14:08 - Jan 3 with 622 viewsrobith

The issue is coming from his instinct is to hover centrally, waiting for the ball to be played to him or for a mistake to get a shot off on goal, but the system he's being used in that just gives the oppo a free ride in their third.

However he's always a goal threat and I don't think we've had a finisher or pure striker of the ball of his quality since Sir Les. Quandry.

Reality though - offer comes in and he's off. But totally agree with you on work rate. Just a shame we bought what seemed like a decent partnership of Zamora and Cisse and pretty much never got to see them play together
Lille reported to be after Cisse. on 14:22 - Jan 3 with 604 viewsbaz_qpr

Lille reported to be after Cisse. on 14:08 - Jan 3 by robith

The issue is coming from his instinct is to hover centrally, waiting for the ball to be played to him or for a mistake to get a shot off on goal, but the system he's being used in that just gives the oppo a free ride in their third.

However he's always a goal threat and I don't think we've had a finisher or pure striker of the ball of his quality since Sir Les. Quandry.

Reality though - offer comes in and he's off. But totally agree with you on work rate. Just a shame we bought what seemed like a decent partnership of Zamora and Cisse and pretty much never got to see them play together

When they did play together never did two players look less like a partnership. Cisse needs a Peter Crouch or a Grant Holt alongside him
Lille reported to be after Cisse. on 14:32 - Jan 3 with 592 viewsadhoc_qpr

Lille reported to be after Cisse. on 14:22 - Jan 3 by baz_qpr

When they did play together never did two players look less like a partnership. Cisse needs a Peter Crouch or a Grant Holt alongside him

That's how Zamora at his best plays TBF, but due to injury/disinterest/poor service (delete as applicable) we have never seen the best of Zamora.

The Zamora who was playing for Fulham 2 years ago was exactly the player we need now - leading the line, superb hold up play and layoffs and a goal threat.
Lille reported to be after Cisse. on 14:42 - Jan 3 with 580 viewsSomersetHoops

I also like Cisse and always wanted us to have a goalscorer who can do a full somersault as he did after scoring his first goal for us last season. He has pace accuracy and awareness above the level of Mackie, but to be at his best he needs to conserve his energy for the moment he needs it. This means he will not be effective if he spends his time chasing lost causes, or does not get the service he needs.

I would like him to stay if he is commited to QPR and we can, when it suits the game, set up our team to provide the service he needs. If either of these conditions are not in place it would be best that he leaves, but we would lose an option not provided by any one else in our team or on the transfer horizon yet.

Who's Next?

Lille reported to be after Cisse. on 14:50 - Jan 3 with 572 viewscheeseydane

I think DJ coming back would be more than just one eye on next season in the championships( if we go down).

He did well in the prem with Blackpool, and has never really had a chance, or a run of games since he joined us.

Could be a useful asset in the coming months, when attitude may be as, if not more, important as talent.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Lille reported to be after Cisse. on 15:09 - Jan 3 with 550 viewsN12Hoop

If we have a chance of staying up this season, then having Cisse around will definitely help that cause. Therefore I think we have to hold onto him until the end of the season.
The problem we are now facing is that we have Hulse, Bothroyd, Mackie, Zamora, Johnson, Cisse and Campbell back in London.
Bothroyd had a poor spell at Sheff Wed so may struggle to find a new club and I'm not sure how Hulse got on at Charlton (?). Ultimately that is 6 players that are costing quite alot of money but 2 are injured and the only natural goalscorers on our books are Cisse and Campbell. I think we'd be mad to let either of them go at the moment, but we should move heaven and earth to move on Betty and Hulse.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Lille reported to be after Cisse. on 18:09 - Jan 3 with 502 viewsQPR_Donald

I'd also be disappointed to see Cisse go in this window.
If we want to give ourselves a shot at staying up, his goals will (again) be vital.
If we do go down, and need to off-load the high-earners, then that's another situation.

I think what come across at times as his stroppy, harangueing attitude is actually a reflection of his passion and that he cares. Certainly nothing wrong with his spirit and camaraderie last night judging by his reaction after we scored and at end of game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024