Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Expiring contracts 07:33 - Sep 1 with 2132 viewscpgerber

For as much as we (are allowed to) know, who are in the last year of their contracts?

Cook, Colback, Frey, Anderson in the 30+ bracket. They all seem to enjoy what they are doing now and for lack of offers from elsewhere considering their age, might stay on. If featured in our plans of course.

Paal, Chair, Dunne. Who else? The younger lads are a tougher sell to keep hold of, I think.

At this stage I would like to see the bulk of them, if not all, stay on. All depends on how the new lads settle in and Lloyd, Kolli, EDB, etc progress enough to become regulars.

Expiring contracts on 08:09 - Sep 1 with 1972 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

I think Kolli is in the last year of his contract, and, if the Twitterati stuff is to be believed, he won't be signing a new one.
Expiring contracts on 08:16 - Sep 1 with 1921 viewsdmm

Unless their contracts have been extended this summer, Jimmy Dunne, Morgan Fox, Kenneth Paal and Rayan Kolli have contracts that expire in 2025.

Jack Colback, Steve Cook and Ilias Chair also have contracts expiring in 2025 but the club has options to extend their contracts to 2026.

Michael Frey and Lucas Andersen's contract dates are unknown but could conceivably expire in 2025.

The dates of the contracts of our youngsters, EDB, Daniel Bennie, Alfie Lloyd, Alfie Tuck, Lorent Talla, Matteo Salamon, plus many in the Dev squad are not known.

As you can tell, I like to know this stuff, as do many others, so find Nourry's keep schtum policy very annoying.
Expiring contracts on 08:25 - Sep 1 with 1867 viewsstevec

The Burnley game yesterday, think the commentator mentioned they were fielding just two of the players that got them promoted the year before last.

Wonder if we spend too much time pontificating over contract lengths in these days of freedom of movement.

Players move on, players come in, pretty much what supporters call for in a transfer window, that is until the next transfer window.
Expiring contracts on 08:42 - Sep 1 with 1775 viewsHAYESBOY

Expiring contracts on 08:09 - Sep 1 by Wilkinswatercarrier

I think Kolli is in the last year of his contract, and, if the Twitterati stuff is to be believed, he won't be signing a new one.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/under-18s-news/rayan-kolli-signs-pro-deal-090123/

Smells like a trout farm in here

Expiring contracts on 08:42 - Sep 1 with 1773 viewsdavman

Expiring contracts on 08:25 - Sep 1 by stevec

The Burnley game yesterday, think the commentator mentioned they were fielding just two of the players that got them promoted the year before last.

Wonder if we spend too much time pontificating over contract lengths in these days of freedom of movement.

Players move on, players come in, pretty much what supporters call for in a transfer window, that is until the next transfer window.

That's fine, but wouldn't it be good to start a season "ready". Our squad has not been fully shaped 'til the end of the window because so many players leave, which means that we throw a game or two away.

This season was especially clear; the opening day team was always going to struggle with the forward players it had to play.

If Kolli really won't sign, they he needs to go in January, but I am sure that he will sign an extension if offered as the club means a little more to him than it did to Armstrong.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Expiring contracts on 08:52 - Sep 1 with 1692 viewsNorthantsHoop

Expiring contracts on 08:25 - Sep 1 by stevec

Very good point, best not get attached to players and managers in the modern game just enjoy it when it goes well and have a moan when it's not.
Expiring contracts on 11:33 - Sep 1 with 1192 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Expiring contracts on 08:42 - Sep 1 by HAYESBOY

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/under-18s-news/rayan-kolli-signs-pro-deal-090123/

Yep, so he leaves at the end of this season. Apparently he has refused to go out on loan, his Dad is on Twitter saying Kolli is being forced out, that he is better than others in the team.

Never sure what to believe on Twitter though!
Expiring contracts on 12:02 - Sep 1 with 1072 viewsnix

Expiring contracts on 11:33 - Sep 1 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Yep, so he leaves at the end of this season. Apparently he has refused to go out on loan, his Dad is on Twitter saying Kolli is being forced out, that he is better than others in the team.

Never sure what to believe on Twitter though!

I think that's a mistake at his age. He could have continued to be invested in by the club and had a loan to develop that bit further. Also he's going to get a better chance of playing in the first team than at other clubs but it's almost always bad news when a family member interferes in your career, and the dad seems very chatty online.
Login to get fewer ads

Expiring contracts on 12:21 - Sep 1 with 977 viewsdavman

Expiring contracts on 12:02 - Sep 1 by nix

I think that's a mistake at his age. He could have continued to be invested in by the club and had a loan to develop that bit further. Also he's going to get a better chance of playing in the first team than at other clubs but it's almost always bad news when a family member interferes in your career, and the dad seems very chatty online.

Can't defend at the moment. Needs to develop. Absolutely should have gone on a loan to L2 / L1 like Eze and Chair did so that he could prove that he can play game on game improving all the way.

As I say, if they all REALLY think he should be treated better and he refuses to go on loan or to sign a new deal, off you pop. Sooner rather later too. Of course, if you want to develop and help the club, sign for another couple of seasons and knuckle down.

If the club really don't want you, there must be a reason why and we need to trust that.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024