Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eze ruptures achilles 10:23 - May 19 with 11036 viewsBAWHoops

Poor bloke. Reports say he's out for 6-8 months.

Did this myself last summer, really horrible injury.

Such a shame, seemed as though he was set to be the main man next season at Palace as well

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Eze ruptures achilles on 12:50 - May 19 with 3078 viewsnix

Eze ruptures achilles on 11:34 - May 19 by BrianMcCarthy

Fair point, Nix.

If he's going to miss 6-8 months, then 2 months of it may as well be over the Summer. That should be some consolation. I'd imagine Angel Rangel has already been on to him as well with advice and encouragement.

Definitely, Angel's a lovely guy and will definitely be in touch. He always talks about supporting the younger guys and couldn't be a better support person.
Eze ruptures achilles on 13:06 - May 19 with 3034 viewsStanisgod

Gutted. I can't help but think it might be a bit my fault as I put him in my fantasy football team a few weeks ago.
Also had Jota, Cresswell and Grealish!!

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Eze ruptures achilles on 13:51 - May 19 with 2918 viewsterryb

I hope the recovery is quick & complete.

Best of luck Ebs

I can't wait for you to wobble onto the pitch at LR next season so we can all show our appreciation of you.
[Post edited 19 May 2021 13:55]
Eze ruptures achilles on 14:23 - May 19 with 2866 viewsloftboy

Maybe he’ll need some games at the end of his recovery to get back to full fitness and we can help him out!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Eze ruptures achilles on 14:51 - May 19 with 2820 viewsTacticalR

I can only hope that this kind of injury won't have such a big impact on a player whose game is based on skill and vision rather than pace.

Air hostess clique

Eze ruptures achilles on 15:08 - May 19 with 2788 viewsDorse

Eze ruptures achilles on 13:06 - May 19 by Stanisgod

Gutted. I can't help but think it might be a bit my fault as I put him in my fantasy football team a few weeks ago.
Also had Jota, Cresswell and Grealish!!

You monster! Words fail me!

Get well soon Ebs - you are a hero

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Eze ruptures achilles on 15:20 - May 19 with 2742 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Think Eze did his Achilles on his debut (in the Cup) 4 years ago-ish?

At least it suggests it might heal with no lingering effects.
Eze ruptures achilles on 15:50 - May 19 with 2675 viewsdavman

Eze ruptures achilles on 12:47 - May 19 by francisbowles

Really bad news, just as he was beginning to up his game in the top division.

Get well soon Ebs and when you are ready to start playing again, a loan back here would be an option to get regular first team games, so you are ready for Palace in 22/23.

They're going down next season and we're going up. A transfer back to us when Palarse need to cut their cloth would be good.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Login to get fewer ads

Eze ruptures achilles on 17:00 - May 19 with 2596 viewsLowerloftLad

well at least we would only need to pay 80% of the transfer fee 😂

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Eze ruptures achilles on 22:01 - May 19 with 2416 viewsLythamR

That is gutting for him

He was really coming through strongly recently and now there is going to be a change of management while he is out injured, its going to be an anxious time for him
Eze ruptures achilles on 22:38 - May 19 with 2353 viewsdaveB

Eze ruptures achilles on 15:20 - May 19 by Ashdown_Ranger

Think Eze did his Achilles on his debut (in the Cup) 4 years ago-ish?

At least it suggests it might heal with no lingering effects.

he thought he did it which is why he went off early but wasn't a serious injury, he was back within a few days
Eze ruptures achilles on 10:30 - May 20 with 2194 viewsEsox_Lucius

Ebere is certainly a rarity in football these days; on Twitter there are many fans from all the clubs he has played for, and a few from other clubs, all wishing him well and saying how much they enjoy watching him play. Get well soon Ebs.

The grass is always greener.

Eze ruptures achilles on 10:51 - May 20 with 2157 viewsMaggsinho

Eze ruptures achilles on 08:22 - May 26 with 1913 viewsMaggsinho

Well, this is heartbreaking.

Eze ruptures achilles on 08:30 - May 26 with 1881 viewsBAWHoops

Eze ruptures achilles on 08:22 - May 26 by Maggsinho

Such a sickener for him

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Eze ruptures achilles on 08:33 - May 26 with 1864 viewsnix

Eze ruptures achilles on 08:30 - May 26 by BAWHoops

Such a sickener for him

A real blow. Feel so much for him.
Eze ruptures achilles on 09:33 - May 26 with 1694 viewsjoe90

Eze will be fine. He's fit, young, and has an excellent attitude. He's had set backs before and come out on top, this will be no different for him.
[Post edited 26 May 2021 10:42]
Eze ruptures achilles on 09:46 - May 26 with 1634 viewsTheChef

Eze ruptures achilles on 09:33 - May 26 by joe90

Eze will be fine. He's fit, young, and has an excellent attitude. He's had set backs before and come out on top, this will be no different for him.
[Post edited 26 May 2021 10:42]

Yeah a real shame but at least it shows he's on Southgate's radar.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Eze ruptures achilles on 09:54 - May 26 with 1611 viewskarl

Eze ruptures achilles on 08:22 - May 26 by Maggsinho

I'm going to be cynical and think this will have a lot to do with him being pressured by Nigeria.
Quite rightly England have to try and spin all the plates keeping these young dual qualified players interested before they are capped and don't go off and play for their other qualified country at an earlier opportunity.
I'd say he wasn't going to be in the squad but they definitely want to keep him on side till they've fully made the decision.
I'm not trying to belittle what has happened to Ebere but I've a feeling he'll know where he is (before injury) in the thoughts of Southgate so hopefully hasn't added to any disappointment he's already feeling.

England and possibly France must have the most playerswho could you choose 2 nations to represent.
It can be viewed as a hindrance but I'd say that it is a big reason England have developed into a top 6 nation, instead of seeing it as potentially losing players I'd say there's been a huge gain in these 2nd generation kids over the last 20 years.
Eze ruptures achilles on 09:57 - May 26 with 1588 viewsNorthernr

Eze ruptures achilles on 09:54 - May 26 by karl

I'm going to be cynical and think this will have a lot to do with him being pressured by Nigeria.
Quite rightly England have to try and spin all the plates keeping these young dual qualified players interested before they are capped and don't go off and play for their other qualified country at an earlier opportunity.
I'd say he wasn't going to be in the squad but they definitely want to keep him on side till they've fully made the decision.
I'm not trying to belittle what has happened to Ebere but I've a feeling he'll know where he is (before injury) in the thoughts of Southgate so hopefully hasn't added to any disappointment he's already feeling.

England and possibly France must have the most playerswho could you choose 2 nations to represent.
It can be viewed as a hindrance but I'd say that it is a big reason England have developed into a top 6 nation, instead of seeing it as potentially losing players I'd say there's been a huge gain in these 2nd generation kids over the last 20 years.

Cynical point number two - we're almost certainly owed some cash once he gets a full international cap.
Eze ruptures achilles on 10:05 - May 26 with 1554 viewsTheChef

Lost track of what the rules are these days - so if you've played at U21 level you can still take the option of playing for another nation?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Eze ruptures achilles on 10:07 - May 26 with 1549 viewsMaggsinho

Eze ruptures achilles on 10:05 - May 26 by TheChef

Lost track of what the rules are these days - so if you've played at U21 level you can still take the option of playing for another nation?

Yes, you can even play in a friendly at full international level for one country and subsequently switch to play for someone else.
Eze ruptures achilles on 10:20 - May 26 with 1525 viewskarl

Eze ruptures achilles on 10:07 - May 26 by Maggsinho

Yes, you can even play in a friendly at full international level for one country and subsequently switch to play for someone else.

It seems madness but I can see where the authorities are coming from. There were many players getting capped in meaningless friendlies and, almost meaningless, under 21 games who subsequently never had an international career as it was just blocking them at that time.
I can see the sense in the process.
However, Tom Cairney has played u19, U21 and 2 friendlies for Scotland but at a similar time that Scott McTominay commited himself as a full international he asked not to be selected for a competitive match, being born in England there was only 1 reason for this.
The fact Scotland have had a bit of turn around and he's nowhere near England standard is, of course, amusing to me but shows a flaw in the system since he'd become an integral part of the Scottish set up but still had this 2nd path.
Hope he doesn't play for Scotland again, that would be more pissing off than walking away and actually getting a game for England.

Anyhow. Sorry to derail the Eze thread, he doesn't deserve crap talk like that on here
Eze ruptures achilles on 11:11 - May 26 with 1405 viewsToast_R

Eze ruptures achilles on 09:57 - May 26 by Northernr

Cynical point number two - we're almost certainly owed some cash once he gets a full international cap.

Credulous point - imagine if this injury occurred a year earlier, how screwed QPR would be.
Eze ruptures achilles on 11:16 - May 26 with 1379 viewsrsonist

Think it was a sincere call up, though I agree it's a little surprising. Even looking at the provisional 33 it's not obvious who he would have been there in place of. White, Godfrey or Watkins possibly and they're there on greater merit and/or have been selected before.

Tomori is arguably a bigger risk of being lost to dual nationality and haven't made the more justifiable gesture to keep him onside.

Also quite fortunate Portugal didn't take an interest in Konsa, who's been way better than Mings this season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024