Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
24 hours on from that great result 18:31 - Sep 20 with 12063 viewsdgt73

Where does that result stand in scfc's history. I know the hull and reading games were more important, but I think last night was a special night in our history.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

24 hours on from that great result on 09:30 - Sep 21 with 2457 viewsdgt73

24 hours on from that great result on 09:21 - Sep 21 by Darran

Not the biggest though.

If we were to go on to win the pl and champions league one day people will still say that the hull game was bigger, but I disagree hull and reading and even preston in 82 were more important than Thursday without doubt but what Thursday represents is not importance but something that I cant really put into words, just unbelievable from where we were not long ago.

24 hours on from that great result on 09:31 - Sep 21 with 2457 viewsNOTRAC

It wasn't just the result but the manner in which we achieved it.
I can't ever remember a British club dominating a European away game to such an extent.Almost 70per cent of the game,and our passing,our movement, and the goals were sublime.Valencia may be struggling at the moment,but they are still a huge name in European football,with a team that cost far more to put together than ours did.
We humiliated them on Thursday.Whilst for many this may not be our greatest ever result,on the world stage it is probably our best by a mile.We are now being talked about in places where we weren't even known about before!

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

24 hours on from that great result on 09:38 - Sep 21 with 2438 viewsDarran

24 hours on from that great result on 09:31 - Sep 21 by NOTRAC

It wasn't just the result but the manner in which we achieved it.
I can't ever remember a British club dominating a European away game to such an extent.Almost 70per cent of the game,and our passing,our movement, and the goals were sublime.Valencia may be struggling at the moment,but they are still a huge name in European football,with a team that cost far more to put together than ours did.
We humiliated them on Thursday.Whilst for many this may not be our greatest ever result,on the world stage it is probably our best by a mile.We are now being talked about in places where we weren't even known about before!

You can't ever remember British club dominating a European away game to such an extent?

What like ever in the last 50 years?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

24 hours on from that great result on 09:42 - Sep 21 with 2427 viewsNOTRAC

Darren,you name one?

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

24 hours on from that great result on 09:45 - Sep 21 with 2421 viewsDarran

24 hours on from that great result on 09:42 - Sep 21 by NOTRAC

Darren,you name one?

Well I can remember Chelsea beating some Swiss side 21-0 on aggregate in the mid seventies,how's that one for starters?

24 hours on from that great result on 10:11 - Sep 21 with 2394 viewsmonmouth

24 hours on from that great result on 09:29 - Sep 21 by Field_Of_Dreams_II

Simply the most amazing experience ive ever had following the swans. We schooled one of the biggest names in world football at the Mestalla.

The last few days are what football is all about.

Loved every minute

We schooled a much bigger name world football history at the Emirates last season. We beat Liverpool at the top of their game in 1982 when they were probably the best club in the world, and beat Man U who were still probably the biggest then a few weeks before. Do those become lesser results now? Valencia are a middling La Liga team. We did not beat them at their height. They do not have Silva and the rest.

Being there or not, this was a great result but the biggest and best in our history, not in the ballpark. Its an astonishing claim. Crystal Palace are currently probably a better team.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

24 hours on from that great result on 10:18 - Sep 21 with 2383 viewsdgt73

24 hours on from that great result on 10:11 - Sep 21 by monmouth

We schooled a much bigger name world football history at the Emirates last season. We beat Liverpool at the top of their game in 1982 when they were probably the best club in the world, and beat Man U who were still probably the biggest then a few weeks before. Do those become lesser results now? Valencia are a middling La Liga team. We did not beat them at their height. They do not have Silva and the rest.

Being there or not, this was a great result but the biggest and best in our history, not in the ballpark. Its an astonishing claim. Crystal Palace are currently probably a better team.

Complete bollocks, as I have already said its not the importance of the match its what it represents and that result will have a bigger effect than any game 30 yrs ago.

24 hours on from that great result on 10:25 - Sep 21 with 2370 viewsmonmouth

24 hours on from that great result on 10:18 - Sep 21 by dgt73

Complete bollocks, as I have already said its not the importance of the match its what it represents and that result will have a bigger effect than any game 30 yrs ago.

Yes, you're right. What you've written is complete bollocks. thanks for warning me in advance.

Login to get fewer ads

24 hours on from that great result on 10:43 - Sep 21 with 2354 viewsSkipTheJack

I said before the match that I was far more concerned about the Palace game than the Valencia one.

But the more I thought about it the more I realised that in 10 years time nobody will even remember the Palace game - win, lose or draw - but we'll be boring future jacks with the tale of how we stuffed Valencia away for many decades to come!

Still buzzing
24 hours on from that great result on 10:46 - Sep 21 with 2347 viewsDr_Winston

24 hours on from that great result on 10:43 - Sep 21 by SkipTheJack

I said before the match that I was far more concerned about the Palace game than the Valencia one.

But the more I thought about it the more I realised that in 10 years time nobody will even remember the Palace game - win, lose or draw - but we'll be boring future jacks with the tale of how we stuffed Valencia away for many decades to come!

Still buzzing

So basically nobody but us Jacks will care in ten years time?

It's a cracking result but comes nowhere near the all time list. If Valencia weren't a shadow of their former selves then maybe things would be different.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

24 hours on from that great result on 10:47 - Sep 21 with 2346 viewsField_Of_Dreams_II

24 hours on from that great result on 10:11 - Sep 21 by monmouth

Fair enough you're entitled to your opinion.

Fact is we may never play in Europe again after this season. The last 2 days have provided memories of a lifetime.

Simply unbelievable trip.

Poll: What would you rather see.....

24 hours on from that great result on 10:48 - Sep 21 with 2340 viewsmonmouth

24 hours on from that great result on 10:43 - Sep 21 by SkipTheJack

Still buzzing

Now that is true. Even in 30 years time, as long as Valencia haven't totally collapsed of course. Just like I'm boring you with thrashing a truly great Liverpool team in 1982 now. Nobody will remember that Liverpool were great and Valencia were absolute s**t.

24 hours on from that great result on 10:49 - Sep 21 with 2335 viewsmonmouth

24 hours on from that great result on 10:47 - Sep 21 by Field_Of_Dreams_II

Fair enough you're entitled to your opinion.

Fact is we may never play in Europe again after this season. The last 2 days have provided memories of a lifetime.

Simply unbelievable trip.

I agree 100% with everything you've said there.

24 hours on from that great result on 12:02 - Sep 21 with 2289 views1983

Sitting outside the bars of Valencia having a jar in sunny 29' weather chatting with good friends and old friends all saying the same thing we can't believe we are waiting for our team to play in a european cup game in Spain.Then walking about 1/2 mile to the ground in our hundreds singing.Turning that corner and then seeing this monster stadium with about 1,000 Jacks outside drinking,singing and dancing.Climbing the steps to the very top of the stadium and watching Swansea CIty FC stuff Valencia FC 0-3 With Huw Jenkins, JVS and Co waving and singing with us all with a beautiful sun setting across Valencian hills....Best Biggest and the one game I will always remember it until I shuffle off this earth

Amazing day and an amazing road trip you had to be there... if you didn't go you must be gutted I don't care what you say

24 hours on from that great result on 12:11 - Sep 21 with 2281 viewsDarran

24 hours on from that great result on 12:02 - Sep 21 by 1983

Sitting outside the bars of Valencia having a jar in sunny 29' weather chatting with good friends and old friends all saying the same thing we can't believe we are waiting for our team to play in a european cup game in Spain.Then walking about 1/2 mile to the ground in our hundreds singing.Turning that corner and then seeing this monster stadium with about 1,000 Jacks outside drinking,singing and dancing.Climbing the steps to the very top of the stadium and watching Swansea CIty FC stuff Valencia FC 0-3 With Huw Jenkins, JVS and Co waving and singing with us all with a beautiful sun setting across Valencian hills....Best Biggest and the one game I will always remember it until I shuffle off this earth

Amazing day and an amazing road trip you had to be there... if you didn't go you must be gutted I don't care what you say

Still not the biggest game even though it is inside your head.

24 hours on from that great result on 12:48 - Sep 21 with 2046 viewsSwanseajill

24 hours on from that great result on 12:02 - Sep 21 by 1983

Sounds like a lovely short holiday, with Swans football as an added extra. No offence ..really.
But sunshine/beer/fellow fans must have been fantastic, and I wish I had been there.

I,ve been on fantastic football trips with the Swans in the past, and at that time the results were magnificent.
But the most important game has to be Hull at a wet and cold Vetch. We were in danger of drifting into oblivion on that day, there possibly would be no Prem/Europe games and we all could be watching Ragged School as result if we had lost that day.
Thursday was a cracking result, but never as a club.....the most important or biggest game.
24 hours on from that great result on 12:59 - Sep 21 with 2027 viewsVetchitBack

This thread I think has helped establish a plausible definition of a big game.

Which is one that is big to fans who went AND fans who didn't.

Also a cracking/brilliant/exciting/(insert adjective) trip and a big game are two different things.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

24 hours on from that great result on 13:06 - Sep 21 with 2010 viewsLord_Bony

From the perspective of prestige and status,this game was extremely important in our history and has elevated how we are presently perceived on the world stage. The rewards are intangible and nothing can take that win away.hopefully,there ll be more to come soon.

The Forest playoff was really important for us as was mentioned,without that we prob would nt be having this conversation now.

Well done to those who made it out there.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

24 hours on from that great result on 13:38 - Sep 21 with 1987 views1983

Strange that all the people that went say it was the biggest best...etc
The ones that didn't go say it wasn't the biggest best...etc
But the ones who went to Valencia also witnessed the Hull,Reading,Forest...etc games
So 3 sides to every story

24 hours on from that great result on 13:41 - Sep 21 with 1980 views1983

24 hours on from that great result on 12:48 - Sep 21 by Swanseajill

Sounds like a lovely short holiday, with Swans football as an added extra. No offence ..really.
But sunshine/beer/fellow fans must have been fantastic, and I wish I had been there.

I,ve been on fantastic football trips with the Swans in the past, and at that time the results were magnificent.
But the most important game has to be Hull at a wet and cold Vetch. We were in danger of drifting into oblivion on that day, there possibly would be no Prem/Europe games and we all could be watching Ragged School as result if we had lost that day.
Thursday was a cracking result, but never as a club.....the most important or biggest game.

You didn't read any of my posts properly I never once said most important game

24 hours on from that great result on 14:04 - Sep 21 with 1956 viewsDarran

24 hours on from that great result on 13:38 - Sep 21 by 1983

Strange that all the people that went say it was the biggest best...etc
The ones that didn't go say it wasn't the biggest best...etc
But the ones who went to Valencia also witnessed the Hull,Reading,Forest...etc games
So 3 sides to every story

Half the f*ckers that went to Valencia didn't know who we were when we played Hull.

24 hours on from that great result on 14:08 - Sep 21 with 1935 viewsdgt73

24 hours on from that great result on 14:04 - Sep 21 by Darran

Half the f*ckers that went to Valencia didn't know who we were when we played Hull.

A rather pathetic response don't you think, or would rather playing in front of 3500 like the good old days (not)

24 hours on from that great result on 14:19 - Sep 21 with 1918 viewsBrynmill_Jack

24 hours on from that great result on 14:04 - Sep 21 by Darran

Does it matter? Jeez I used to dream one day of this impossible scenario whilst huddling on the North Bank watching us against Walsall on our way back down to the fourth division.

I always wanted us to somehow miraculously manage to get back to division two (lofty ambitions eh?) and hope that we stayed there. What's happened has blown my mind side apart and if we get to the stage in a couple of years where we're getting home crowds of 30k and still in the top half of the PL I couldn't give a sh*t where the f*cking fans have come from. Our Danish fans are f*cking brilliant and know their football (unlike the Korean Ki worshiper s who we've lost but they've just been replaced with an army of Spanish fans who saw us destroy Valencia on their own patch).

We've got to be a bit mature about this and embrace it, as there were only 1500 or so in the ground for that Walsall game. Isn't this EVERY small clubs' dream? I think it is and WE'RE f*cking living it

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

24 hours on from that great result on 14:24 - Sep 21 with 1893 viewsDarran

24 hours on from that great result on 14:08 - Sep 21 by dgt73

A rather pathetic response don't you think, or would rather playing in front of 3500 like the good old days (not)

How is it pathetic if it's true you're actually agreeing with me.

We've gained many new fans over the last few years through our success and if it ever went pear shaped we'd lose many too.
It's the nature of the game.

24 hours on from that great result on 14:31 - Sep 21 with 1885 viewsDarran

24 hours on from that great result on 14:19 - Sep 21 by Brynmill_Jack

Does it matter? Jeez I used to dream one day of this impossible scenario whilst huddling on the North Bank watching us against Walsall on our way back down to the fourth division.

I always wanted us to somehow miraculously manage to get back to division two (lofty ambitions eh?) and hope that we stayed there. What's happened has blown my mind side apart and if we get to the stage in a couple of years where we're getting home crowds of 30k and still in the top half of the PL I couldn't give a sh*t where the f*cking fans have come from. Our Danish fans are f*cking brilliant and know their football (unlike the Korean Ki worshiper s who we've lost but they've just been replaced with an army of Spanish fans who saw us destroy Valencia on their own patch).

We've got to be a bit mature about this and embrace it, as there were only 1500 or so in the ground for that Walsall game. Isn't this EVERY small clubs' dream? I think it is and WE'RE f*cking living it

Eh excuse me but have I complained about where the new fans have come from and why then?
My response was a reply to 1983 who is clearly talking shit.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024