Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Europa League Prices 07:25 - Sep 6 with 17801 viewsjojaca

After hearing news that Valencia were charging £7 a ticket out in spain. I though this would be a chance for the board to drop the prices or do £1 kids scheme promotion, especially after the poor attendances of the previous europa league. But they are charging £25/£30 a ticket in this ecomony with games on the telly. The only glamour tie is Valencia, the other two games are not very attractive for the money you have to pay. I have spoken to friends and family and we will be saving our money and watching it on the telly. The prices should have been a maximum of £15 a ticket for adult and would like to have seen £10.

Even when you know, you never know?

Europa League Prices on 15:34 - Sep 6 with 2405 viewsCroftyjack

Europa League Prices on 14:58 - Sep 6 by JackSomething

I'm in the exact same boat.

It's strange how defensive some fans are about anything to do with the club. I'm nowhere near T2C's strength of feeling, but am bemused at the notion that the club doesn't need to improve in any area when that's obviously not the case.

Our rapid rise through the leagues was an acceptable excuse for us lagging behind off the field for a while, but this is our third year in the Premier League. With the new TV money coming in, there's no excuse for them not to improve things for the fans.

In reality we are in one of the cream of competitions and we think the club is being greedy asking £20 (special offer) per game at this stage of Europe....Most of us were happy paying around this in League one FFS.....bet those people arent moaning like myself would pay anything to watch my beloved Swans in Europe....this thread and board really is a joke and gone from a good site to read to damnright boring and a pointless footie board..................The threadshould read 'lets enjoy these precious moments with the swans and savour them forever'.........feeling I get though is the new batch of posters would drop us soon as relegation hits home and the rest will happily still pay £15-20 to watch the Swans at any level.
PS.what they charge on the continent is irrelevant as they have different financial structures and system to ours.
Europa League Prices on 15:39 - Sep 6 with 2394 viewsDarran

I don't believe £20 a ticket is extortion myself,it's the other things that go with it like the convenience fee PER TICKET that pisses me off.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Europa League Prices on 15:59 - Sep 6 with 2358 viewsJackSomething

Europa League Prices on 15:34 - Sep 6 by Croftyjack

In reality we are in one of the cream of competitions and we think the club is being greedy asking £20 (special offer) per game at this stage of Europe....Most of us were happy paying around this in League one FFS.....bet those people arent moaning like myself would pay anything to watch my beloved Swans in Europe....this thread and board really is a joke and gone from a good site to read to damnright boring and a pointless footie board..................The threadshould read 'lets enjoy these precious moments with the swans and savour them forever'.........feeling I get though is the new batch of posters would drop us soon as relegation hits home and the rest will happily still pay £15-20 to watch the Swans at any level.
PS.what they charge on the continent is irrelevant as they have different financial structures and system to ours.

No reason to throw your toys out of the pram because people have a different point of view from you.

For what it's worth, I've been a season ticket holder since we were in the Vetch and buy tickets for every cup game we play at home. I'll do the same if we end up back in League 2 in the future.

This thread has become about more than just prices, but it doesn't change the fact that many of us feel the club could have introduced some incentives for the Europa League games.

I'm fairly happy with the £60 for myself for the three games, but as others have pointed out, there's a short window for some to stump up £60 all in one go, more if they have kids to pay for.

What about incentives for non-season ticket holders though? Perhaps a discount on group game tickets if they went to both qualifying matches, etc?

If you think the way the club is run is perfect and above reproach, then I don't think a message board/forum is the place for you.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Europa League Prices on 16:05 - Sep 6 with 2343 viewsNeath_Jack

Europa League Prices on 14:28 - Sep 6 by Croftyjack

No glamour ties are you serious,we are in the Europa league group stages and is likely to be a one off experience...you swear we are Arsenal/Man Utd or something where we are in most seasons for christ sake..
£60 for 3 games=BARGAIN and thank you very much to the board for such realistic pricing...at least all the ones that wanted the Valencia tickets will now more than likely buy for 3 games meaning sell outs!!!! only people who are gutted are the F***ing plastics.

"at least all the ones that wanted the Valencia tickets will now more than likely buy for 3 games meaning sell outs!!!! only people who are gutted are the F***ing plastics."

Like they did for the two qualifying games you mean? When we were sold out and people were queuing around the block for tickets? Oh......

Plastics? Where do they come into it? Did you go to Malmo and Romania? Are you going to Valencia/St Gallen/Kuban Krasnodar??

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Europa League Prices on 16:07 - Sep 6 with 2340 viewsBelfast

Europa League Prices on 10:04 - Sep 6 by KingBony

I know :-( try again?

How many potatoes ?

You can always save face by cutting your fu cking head off.

Europa League Prices on 16:34 - Sep 6 with 2303 viewsmonmouth

Europa League Prices on 14:06 - Sep 6 by Uxbridge

A business run for the benefit of its shareholders? Aye, that's increasingly the perception.

Beat me to it.

The wording of the post you replied to made me chuckle, "our football club is not a charity, it's a business"...............so if it's OUR football club it's a business run for us, right? Wrong. Some people do need to get a grip. Yes indeedy.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Europa League Prices on 16:40 - Sep 6 with 2298 viewsmonmouth

Europa League Prices on 15:39 - Sep 6 by Darran

I don't believe £20 a ticket is extortion myself,it's the other things that go with it like the convenience fee PER TICKET that pisses me off.

I agree, but it will most likely lead to lots of empty seats. If they are all snapped up fair enough, but it just seems a nice opportunity to subsidise the local area (cos people like me living away are unlikely to travel back on a workday; I don't think I'll be able to make Liverpool and I've already paid for that one - no doubt that makes me a 'plastic'). It might also, shock, horror, expand our fanbase to a few more 'plastics'.

Agree about other charges, clearly it should just cover the actual postage cost; anything else has nothing to do with a 'fans' club.

Europa League Prices on 16:43 - Sep 6 with 2294 viewsPhaedrus

Exactly who said it was 'our' club?

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Login to get fewer ads

Europa League Prices on 16:52 - Sep 6 with 2283 viewsDull1Thomas

Europa League Prices on 09:02 - Sep 6 by Pegojack

I think the powers that be have missed an opportunity here. I'm a loyal season ticket holder and, if the pricing had been realistic, would have take the opportunity to introduce one or two new faces to the Swans experience, but at these prices? No way am I trekking all the way from Hereford.

Come on board, get real. £25 to watch teams no-one's heard of, on a Thursday night when the games are televised? You'll be lucky to get 10k at each of the lesser two home games. You've missed the chance to fill the stadium, create a brilliant atmosphere and encourage some potential new fans.

You can be snide about Wigan, but that's the sort of gesture we would like to see at Swansea, or at least tickets for around £10 for the lesser two matches.

I've heard of them - They've played in Swansea for years.

Support the team not ogle the opposition.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Europa League Prices on 17:00 - Sep 6 with 2270 viewsPhaedrus

Where did the idea come from that we are all entitled to share in the clubs financial 'good fortune'?

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Europa League Prices on 17:08 - Sep 6 with 2251 viewsmonmouth

Europa League Prices on 16:43 - Sep 6 by Phaedrus

Exactly who said it was 'our' club?

Read the thread and you'll exactly find out.

Europa League Prices on 17:29 - Sep 6 with 2228 viewsPhaedrus

Ok so two disgruntled fans then.

Europa League Prices on 17:32 - Sep 6 with 2216 viewsouttolunch

Europa League Prices on 13:28 - Sep 6 by _

It's shocking and all it's doing is not generating more income for the club but alienating more and more fans.

Why can't they open their eyes enough and see the very simple basics?? Dineen's on Twitter bemoaning the shambles that is our ticket system, and how they've been let down by their provider. They've obviously cut costs and paid peanuts for it, what do they expect.

Why always short change us fans??

£2m dividend pay-out. Get off the gravy train and make sure the club is run for it's supporters not Director greed.

Oh come on. Directors greed ? £2 million over 12 years of which £1 million was what they put in and premier league football delivered. Write it as it is not to sensationalise it.
Europa League Prices on 17:38 - Sep 6 with 2206 viewsPhaedrus

If you dine out on our reputation, then you must take the stick with the praise. As far as I can see its only those who like to glory in our status as the " model club" that are now feeling aggrieved.
I'm pretty sure survival was all that was on anyone mind when the clubs structure was put in place. Everyone had the opportunity to participate, either by chipping in time or money. The fact that its now a (big) business is beyond anyones wildest dreams.

Europa League Prices on 17:42 - Sep 6 with 2200 viewsDafyddHuw

Europa League Prices on 13:42 - Sep 6 by Uxbridge

Amen.

The club's, and Dineen's in particular, continued reluctance to accept even the mildest amount of criticism really grates. As for the ticketing system, the club signed off on it so any design or system issues are just as much their responsibility as their fall guys at tickets.com. It's pretty clear they didn't properly think about what they wanted the system to do or test the effin thing before us mugs got our hands on it .. as shown by their constant messing about with a system that falls over under less pressure than Danny Welbeck.

I've just bought 6 tickets for Valencia away. £42 for the tickets, £9 "convenience charge". That's £9 for some minimum wage lad ripping of a chain of 6 tickets and putting them in the same 50p postage that 1 ticket would cost. It's a complete disgrace.

As for the pricing of the home tickets, sadly I didn't expect otherwise. The £60 charge for season ticket holders (plus convenience fee, natch) is just about defensible, the higher charges for JA and public members less so and the matchday tickets outright ridiculous. There's a complete lack of regard for the economic realities of the customers (cos that's what we are these days) who are likely to attend a Thursday match ... it won't be the more affluent ones who live outside South Wales for example.

I'm sure this will be raised at the Trust event next week. I just hope we won't be fobbed off with bland platitudes.

Jesus Christ. That was a feckin' good read.
Europa League Prices on 18:42 - Sep 6 with 2144 viewsouttolunch

Europa League Prices on 13:42 - Sep 6 by Uxbridge

Amen.

The club's, and Dineen's in particular, continued reluctance to accept even the mildest amount of criticism really grates. As for the ticketing system, the club signed off on it so any design or system issues are just as much their responsibility as their fall guys at tickets.com. It's pretty clear they didn't properly think about what they wanted the system to do or test the effin thing before us mugs got our hands on it .. as shown by their constant messing about with a system that falls over under less pressure than Danny Welbeck.

I've just bought 6 tickets for Valencia away. £42 for the tickets, £9 "convenience charge". That's £9 for some minimum wage lad ripping of a chain of 6 tickets and putting them in the same 50p postage that 1 ticket would cost. It's a complete disgrace.

As for the pricing of the home tickets, sadly I didn't expect otherwise. The £60 charge for season ticket holders (plus convenience fee, natch) is just about defensible, the higher charges for JA and public members less so and the matchday tickets outright ridiculous. There's a complete lack of regard for the economic realities of the customers (cos that's what we are these days) who are likely to attend a Thursday match ... it won't be the more affluent ones who live outside South Wales for example.

I'm sure this will be raised at the Trust event next week. I just hope we won't be fobbed off with bland platitudes.

I've checked dineens tweets and he isn't reluctant to accept criticism for whats happened from what I've read. In fact its the opposite when it comes to the shambolic ticketing today as far as I can see. Let's not just blame the directors who are easily accessible such as him and Huw cooze. They make decisions collectively i'm sure. I haven't read his tweets in full before but have now and quite honestly if i was him i'd close the account down. I don't know of any other club where directors allow themselves to be contacted so openly.
Europa League Prices on 18:48 - Sep 6 with 2138 viewsDarran

Europa League Prices on 18:42 - Sep 6 by outtolunch

I've checked dineens tweets and he isn't reluctant to accept criticism for whats happened from what I've read. In fact its the opposite when it comes to the shambolic ticketing today as far as I can see. Let's not just blame the directors who are easily accessible such as him and Huw cooze. They make decisions collectively i'm sure. I haven't read his tweets in full before but have now and quite honestly if i was him i'd close the account down. I don't know of any other club where directors allow themselves to be contacted so openly.

Leigh Dineen is a very nice man and I agree he shouldn't be answering fans on twitter,there should be an official avenue to go down.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Europa League Prices on 18:54 - Sep 6 with 2120 viewsWatchman

Europa League Prices on 18:48 - Sep 6 by Darran

Leigh Dineen is a very nice man and I agree he shouldn't be answering fans on twitter,there should be an official avenue to go down.

aye but the phuckers would charge us per question no doubt

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Europa League Prices on 19:50 - Sep 6 with 2092 viewsUxbridge

Europa League Prices on 18:42 - Sep 6 by outtolunch

Completely disagree. His ability to always blame someone else whenever anything goes wrong is a running joke.

The board can't have it both ways. We got this far based on the mantra of a community club run by the fans for the fans but increasingly it's a club run for its directors. The narrative has changed markedly as soon as the Sky money became the biggest factor.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Europa League Prices on 19:53 - Sep 6 with 2089 views2face

Europa League Prices on 13:28 - Sep 6 by _

It's shocking and all it's doing is not generating more income for the club but alienating more and more fans.

Why can't they open their eyes enough and see the very simple basics?? Dineen's on Twitter bemoaning the shambles that is our ticket system, and how they've been let down by their provider. They've obviously cut costs and paid peanuts for it, what do they expect.

Why always short change us fans??

£2m dividend pay-out. Get off the gravy train and make sure the club is run for it's supporters not Director greed.

If the trust uses all it's dividends to buy up shares, it will eventually own 100% of the club.
Europa League Prices on 21:19 - Sep 6 with 2030 viewsPhaedrus

Europa League Prices on 19:50 - Sep 6 by Uxbridge

Completely disagree. His ability to always blame someone else whenever anything goes wrong is a running joke.

The board can't have it both ways. We got this far based on the mantra of a community club run by the fans for the fans but increasingly it's a club run for its directors. The narrative has changed markedly as soon as the Sky money became the biggest factor.

Yes but who was chanting this mantra? I'm a little in the dark as to where this manifesto actually is?

Europa League Prices on 21:31 - Sep 6 with 2015 viewsPhaedrus

This is how the French Revolution started. So we are going to be the first club to undergo a communist revolt? Blood on the boardroom carpet.

Europa League Prices on 21:34 - Sep 6 with 2004 viewsDull1Thomas

Got my tickets with no problem - a few minutes wait but I don't expect the world to revolve around me.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Europa League Prices on 21:48 - Sep 6 with 1988 viewsNeath_Jack

Bit of a sham, eh captain.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Europa League Prices on 22:51 - Sep 6 with 1961 viewsouttolunch

Europa League Prices on 19:50 - Sep 6 by Uxbridge

Absolute rubbish. Check the tweets. Also we got this far on people making the right descisions. Being a community club didnt appoint the right managers nor did it make sure we didnt gamble with our finances. Sky money was spent on over 20 million pounds worth of player before their wages.
You my friend have a personal problem in that you hate the thought of people benefiting from hard work. Btw whether we like it or not the club is run by the directors and is owned by them and they have delivered. The narrative changed when they guided us to the prem league amd well deservedly took their money back plus 12 years of interest. Your the type of person that if we were still in the 2nd division would demand that they continue to put their own money in to buy players without the chance of ever having it back. In the dark ages mate.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024