Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds V Saints 21:49 - May 17 with 5963 viewsbuilthjack

Will be a close one.
Russ has done well, spending just £21m, and receiving a massive £187 million in transfer fees.

Massive game, as we all know.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Leeds V Saints on 14:14 - May 27 with 683 viewsRichardO

Leeds V Saints on 09:50 - May 27 by Dr_Winston

Precisely this.

Martin had the players all along to deliver much better performances than we did for two seasons. That we did not is down to his tactical choices and him alone, no matter how much people continue to try and make excuses for him.

The lessons learned for two years at our great expense have stood him in good stead scraping promotion out of the Championship with a Premier League squad and budget.

Potter, Cooper and Martin inexperienced managers at Championship level all gained from their time at the Swans Sometimes it is the ability of the manager to fit players at their disposal in as many facets of a game as possible to ensue the team picked functions properly with the ability to adapt to change as games momentum changes.
What might have happened if they had more experience when they got here? Don't really care now,
let's hope Williams gained from his first look at the Championship and what sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.
Leeds V Saints on 15:58 - May 27 with 605 viewsonehunglow

Leeds V Saints on 13:56 - May 27 by theloneranger

Looks devastated just after missing outbn being a PL player again

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Leeds V Saints on 16:50 - May 27 with 574 viewsjack247

Leeds V Saints on 14:14 - May 27 by RichardO

Potter, Cooper and Martin inexperienced managers at Championship level all gained from their time at the Swans Sometimes it is the ability of the manager to fit players at their disposal in as many facets of a game as possible to ensue the team picked functions properly with the ability to adapt to change as games momentum changes.
What might have happened if they had more experience when they got here? Don't really care now,
let's hope Williams gained from his first look at the Championship and what sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.

Thing is, we won’t attract experienced managers, unless we’re going for the journeyman type who has been around the block without achieving anything.

I don’t actually think any of those three would have got last seasons squad promoted. They all had goalscorers and gamechangers. The type who would turn a draw into a win. Duff and Williams didn’t really.

At better resourced clubs, it’s reasonable to expect them to be more successful.
Leeds V Saints on 18:32 - May 27 with 500 viewsRichardO

Leeds V Saints on 16:50 - May 27 by jack247

Thing is, we won’t attract experienced managers, unless we’re going for the journeyman type who has been around the block without achieving anything.

I don’t actually think any of those three would have got last seasons squad promoted. They all had goalscorers and gamechangers. The type who would turn a draw into a win. Duff and Williams didn’t really.

At better resourced clubs, it’s reasonable to expect them to be more successful.

The addition of the wingers and return of Key from injury added a element of hope for the future with the likes of Parker, the defence will be ok provided we don't constantly over commit in the push to win games.
No I don't think any of the three would have done any better with last seasons squad, the years under Martin and last season and into this is about rebuilding a squad capable of at least have a shot at promotion but with the comings and goings and injuries there is a lot of work to do to move towards that goal.
Leeds V Saints on 19:33 - May 27 with 454 viewsRichardO

Leeds V Saints on 16:50 - May 27 by jack247

Brendan Rogers wasn't exactly pull up trees before he came to us if my recollection is correct perhaps he had gain enough experience to move the Swans squad forward with some well thought out signings, could he have been classed as a journey man or a manager taking one step forward two steps back, to then push on with a team with potential?
Leeds V Saints on 20:35 - May 27 with 422 viewsdobjack2

Leeds V Saints on 19:33 - May 27 by RichardO

Brendan Rogers wasn't exactly pull up trees before he came to us if my recollection is correct perhaps he had gain enough experience to move the Swans squad forward with some well thought out signings, could he have been classed as a journey man or a manager taking one step forward two steps back, to then push on with a team with potential?

He wasn't anything to write home about in one season with Watford and lasted 6 months at Reading.

However he was still highly regarded as a coach from his time at Chelsea and presumably he learnt a lot from his time as a manager at those clubs..

I think those other clubs developed him so that he was ready for us at that time, in the same way that we have developed Cooper and Martin for their next jobs.

Potter I don't think needed development as such, just exposure over here. I suspect Brighton had been watching his progress in Sweden before he joined us.
Leeds V Saints on 22:37 - May 27 with 344 viewsRichardO

Leeds V Saints on 20:35 - May 27 by dobjack2

He wasn't anything to write home about in one season with Watford and lasted 6 months at Reading.

However he was still highly regarded as a coach from his time at Chelsea and presumably he learnt a lot from his time as a manager at those clubs..

I think those other clubs developed him so that he was ready for us at that time, in the same way that we have developed Cooper and Martin for their next jobs.

Potter I don't think needed development as such, just exposure over here. I suspect Brighton had been watching his progress in Sweden before he joined us.

Can only agree, good coaches that had experience prior to being with us but all benefitted from being with us and left us as better coaches. With Brendan we also reaped the benefit similar to Forest and Southampton.
As a club we are still trying to turn the corner in stopping the decline that saw us drop from the Premier league, roll on next season.
Leeds V Saints on 00:57 - May 28 with 302 viewsRobbie

Micheal Laudrup , a real dark horse outsider changed the planning of The Swans game .

Martinez and Rodgers set the standard of The Swansea Way , both excellent managers whatever their reasons for leaving , another hot potato in supporters views .

Player power drove Laudrop out , gossip and rumour still abounds over that call .
I enjoyed what he brought to The Club , ending up in a Wembley Cup final , great day out.

Russell , Brendon and Roberto move on , contract is up soon plus the big boys are interested in my achievements , worth a look for my own interests .

Looks like Chelsea are moving in on the Leicester City manager , name escapes me .
First ask would be a nailed on Seven Year contract , you gave Potter one , gone but sunning himself on a beach with the Stamford Bridge compensation package .

Russell Martin , good luck to Southampton next year , will take a passing interest in their results but it will not be based on another former managers success or not with us .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024