Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brentford Game Matchday Thread 08:33 - Mar 15 with 5257 viewsSaintNick

Big big game what is everyones team line up today and why

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Brentford Game Matchday Thread on 21:30 - Mar 15 with 1462 viewsBuenosSaint

Possession and "dominance" mean jack sh*t.
1 shot on target is not good enough. Is that how you reward a full home stadium. I feel bad for the paying punters.

Poll: The Long Future

Brentford Game Matchday Thread on 21:32 - Mar 15 with 1431 viewsCity_boy

1 attempt on target says it all.

Lots of huff and puff, but no real end product. I watch Saints wondering where and how we will score.
The service and quality in the final 3rd has been abysmal all season.

We just don't have the creativity and quality to create meaningful opportunities, and just work off scraps.
Brentford Game Matchday Thread on 21:34 - Mar 15 with 1418 viewsRon11

Brentford Game Matchday Thread on 21:28 - Mar 15 by 1885_SFC

Garbage.

Yes.
What did starting Elynoussi and Diallo achieve? Weird tactics, team selection and substitutions seem have become a disease that this club can't shake off. Now it's payback time.
Brentford Game Matchday Thread on 21:36 - Mar 15 with 1386 viewsGRIM

Brentford Game Matchday Thread on 21:28 - Mar 15 by 1885_SFC

Garbage.

Ruben, you got it wrong.
If you'd started with the best players we would have won that game.
If the opposition get in front & park the bus we are never able to break teams down.
We totally dominated the 2nd half when the subs were made.
Moral to this this is PLAY WITH YOU BEST PLAYERS,
Another 3 points surrendered by poor team selection.
Brentford Game Matchday Thread on 21:36 - Mar 15 with 1380 viewsinthebox

Brentford Game Matchday Thread on 21:09 - Mar 15 by saint22

meanwhile loanee Tella scores two for burnley

Hattrik
Brentford Game Matchday Thread on 21:50 - Mar 15 with 1289 viewsGRIM

No lack of effort, just lack of QUALITY. !!
But lack of points will send us down.
Brentford Game Matchday Thread on 21:52 - Mar 15 with 1276 viewsmushinexile

Another plucky defeat earned by the complete inability of our forwards to find the bloody goal. A waste of everybody's efforts.
Brentford Game Matchday Thread on 22:03 - Mar 15 with 1232 viewsJimmyMeliaPhD

Selles is the common denominator with the last two managers, and now he's the man. Perhaps all those weird team selections and substituions are down to him?
Login to get fewer ads

Brentford Game Matchday Thread on 22:11 - Mar 15 with 1199 viewsMrangry25

Brentford Game Matchday Thread on 22:03 - Mar 15 by JimmyMeliaPhD

Selles is the common denominator with the last two managers, and now he's the man. Perhaps all those weird team selections and substituions are down to him?

I have been saying this forever, we have had good goalkeepers and turned them into dross, Suleman in his first game was electric and ran all over the place, now we plonk him on the left wing and don’t give him the ball, Diallo and Eliuseless keep getting game time. One common denominator SELLES.
Brentford Game Matchday Thread on 22:23 - Mar 15 with 1174 viewsdirk_doone

Brentford Game Matchday Thread on 21:30 - Mar 15 by Heisenberg

Can only assume there was no recall option on the loan. The good need is we know he can score for us in the Championship next season. Unless we flog him of course.

He'll be with Burnley in the Premier League next season unless another PL team outbids them. We'll need to raise money from player sales after we get relegated and a prolific goalscorer like him will be the easiest one to sell for a decent fee.

Have a look at his hat-trick tonight on Sky Sports News. He really is a clinical finisher. His third goal is a real beauty.

Somebody said he's like Adam Amstrong was in the Championship . He's not; he's far better. Armstrong scored a goal every 3.3 games in the Championship; Tella scores a goal every 2 games.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2023 22:25]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Brentford Game Matchday Thread on 22:46 - Mar 15 with 1081 viewscocklebreath

Highlight of the night was finding a new car park close to the ground and getting out of said car park nice and quick to get on the M3 in good time, the rest of the night was rubbish, as soon as i saw Ely and Diallo in the team I knew we’d lose, I just don’t get it.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Brentford Game Matchday Thread on 22:50 - Mar 15 with 1072 viewsdirk_doone

Brentford Game Matchday Thread on 22:46 - Mar 15 by cocklebreath

Highlight of the night was finding a new car park close to the ground and getting out of said car park nice and quick to get on the M3 in good time, the rest of the night was rubbish, as soon as i saw Ely and Diallo in the team I knew we’d lose, I just don’t get it.

We always seem to have a couple of players who are just there to make up the numbers: they're not going to help us score goals and they're not going to help us stop them.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Brentford Game Matchday Thread on 22:54 - Mar 15 with 1065 viewsMytchettSaint

Another home defeat without a goal scored. Those people in the ticket office are going to have their work cut out this summer.

Forza Rossobianco

Brentford Game Matchday Thread on 23:03 - Mar 15 with 1043 viewsgrumpy

Brentford Game Matchday Thread on 22:54 - Mar 15 by MytchettSaint

Another home defeat without a goal scored. Those people in the ticket office are going to have their work cut out this summer.

Spineless. Strange because I don’t blame the players I blame the coaching team.
Brentford Game Matchday Thread on 23:09 - Mar 15 with 1028 viewssaintwizzler

Brentford Game Matchday Thread on 22:46 - Mar 15 by cocklebreath

Whereabouts?

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Brentford Game Matchday Thread on 23:30 - Mar 15 with 1004 viewscocklebreath

Brentford Game Matchday Thread on 23:09 - Mar 15 by saintwizzler

Whereabouts?

Trinity road? Opposite the king Alfred near the foot bridge

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Brentford Game Matchday Thread on 00:01 - Mar 16 with 966 viewsDorsetIan

I’ve just arrived home.

Tbh I didn’t think it was too bad. Sure, it’s yet another home defeat but it turned on one soft soft goal from a seemingly innocuous corner.

Second half Brentford parked the bus, it hard to break any team down who does that, and Brentford are a very solid team, and we can’t score even when the other side isn’t doIng that.

But we gave it a good go. We kept getting behind them on the wings, some nice more direct defence splitting passes were made and the big man caused some problems for them when he came on, just in terms of his physical size.

I’ve seen us play a lot lot worse than that this season. Bring on Spurs. There’s still a long way to go.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Brentford Game Matchday Thread on 07:30 - Mar 16 with 828 viewsSalisburySaint

Brentford Game Matchday Thread on 00:01 - Mar 16 by DorsetIan

I’ve just arrived home.

Tbh I didn’t think it was too bad. Sure, it’s yet another home defeat but it turned on one soft soft goal from a seemingly innocuous corner.

Second half Brentford parked the bus, it hard to break any team down who does that, and Brentford are a very solid team, and we can’t score even when the other side isn’t doIng that.

But we gave it a good go. We kept getting behind them on the wings, some nice more direct defence splitting passes were made and the big man caused some problems for them when he came on, just in terms of his physical size.

I’ve seen us play a lot lot worse than that this season. Bring on Spurs. There’s still a long way to go.

Agree with most you say, however the biggest issue for me was the lack of quality in our crosses when in good side positions.

The majority of low crosses were blocked by defenders at near post or went straight to keeper, and too many high crosses were over hit, so after making good openings the moves were wasted due to a poor final ball hence the forwards didn’t have a decent opportunity all night
[Post edited 16 Mar 2023 7:31]
Brentford Game Matchday Thread on 07:38 - Mar 16 with 812 viewssaintwizzler

I’ve just arrived home.

There is one thing that matters and that is the result.
Selles picking Diallo and Ely was baffling.
1 shot on target.

Do you really think we are going to do any better against Spurs?

Face it we ain’t good enough that’s why we are bottom.
We are down now.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Brentford Game Matchday Thread on 08:54 - Mar 16 with 751 viewsDorsetIan

Brentford Game Matchday Thread on 07:38 - Mar 16 by saintwizzler

There is one thing that matters and that is the result.
Selles picking Diallo and Ely was baffling.
1 shot on target.

Do you really think we are going to do any better against Spurs?

Face it we ain’t good enough that’s why we are bottom.
We are down now.

I agree that we lack quality - particularly up front - and as Salisbury says the final balls were often disappointing.

But there was one shot where I was off my seat assuming the ball was going hit the back of the net which was cleared off the line and there was another great chance (from Sullemana?) in injury time that was completely mis-kicked.

I just think that we are playing better and, yes, who knows how we‘ll get on against Spurs. They’re pretty inconsistent and we’ve had some good and surprising results agains them indecent year’s.

We deserved a point last night, and had we got one, nobody would be moaning now.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Brentford Game Matchday Thread on 09:03 - Mar 16 with 743 viewsGRIM

Brentford Game Matchday Thread on 08:54 - Mar 16 by DorsetIan

I agree that we lack quality - particularly up front - and as Salisbury says the final balls were often disappointing.

But there was one shot where I was off my seat assuming the ball was going hit the back of the net which was cleared off the line and there was another great chance (from Sullemana?) in injury time that was completely mis-kicked.

I just think that we are playing better and, yes, who knows how we‘ll get on against Spurs. They’re pretty inconsistent and we’ve had some good and surprising results agains them indecent year’s.

We deserved a point last night, and had we got one, nobody would be moaning now.

Disagree.
I would still have been moaning if we'd got a point because we spurned a great opportunity to get 3 points.
Brentford Game Matchday Thread on 09:08 - Mar 16 with 735 viewssaint22

I’ve just arrived home.

what makes no sense at all with them defending deep and parking the bus is why it took so long to bring on our new striker to shake things up and cause issues for their backline!!!!! its SO FKN obvious, as soon as we did their manager changed their defensive unit to deal with it which illustrates how reactive our managers are compared to others being proactive
Brentford Game Matchday Thread on 09:09 - Mar 16 with 737 viewssaint901

Having calmed down a little, my two'penneth.

If you don't shoot, you don't score. If you don't shoot, you lose confidence in your shooting.

Possession means nothing without product and given that we seem to have strikers without the ability to keep a cool head when needed (picking out the defender on the line when the rest of the goal was open?), why are the other team players not instructed to at least have a pop once a game?

This game for me was one in which we were the better footballers between the boxes but as soon as the box was neared, you could see the confidence draining from the guys. They did not want to be the one who lost possession by having a shot. That cannot continue.
Brentford Game Matchday Thread on 09:56 - Mar 16 with 684 viewsobelisk

11 games left and the equivalent of 5 wins now required to stand a chance of escaping the drop. In order to win games you need to score goals, something that Saints have a long-standing problem in doing.

Not going to happen is it?

Get used to being also-rans in the Championship folks.
Brentford Game Matchday Thread on 10:09 - Mar 16 with 668 viewsgrumpy

Until last night I held on to the faint possibility of escape.
The fact that we don't turn up again at home against teams we could beat has resigned me to relegation.
The team is Spineless and a lot of that is down to the coaching staff.
We need a good broom.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024