Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Beale's bailing thread... 10:03 - Nov 21 with 160191 viewsdigswellhoop

so the manager will be li ked hope he stays

This post has been edited by an administrator
bronkhurst gone on 10:43 - Nov 24 with 3066 viewsflynnbo

The lesser Rangers job will give him a route into the Premier league as he’ll gain a higher profile and he’d struggle to get us promoted with our budget and small squad. All depends on how you gauge success as a coach/manager, I suppose. Bring in the Critcher.
bronkhurst gone on 10:46 - Nov 24 with 3026 viewsRangersw12

bronkhurst gone on 10:43 - Nov 24 by flynnbo

The lesser Rangers job will give him a route into the Premier league as he’ll gain a higher profile and he’d struggle to get us promoted with our budget and small squad. All depends on how you gauge success as a coach/manager, I suppose. Bring in the Critcher.

All true but Potter got the Brighton job after finishing 11th with Swansea
bronkhurst gone on 10:49 - Nov 24 with 2983 viewsDWQPR

bronkhurst gone on 10:35 - Nov 24 by Northernr

Even in his short time here we've become accustomed to him saying one thing and then completely contradicting that in words or actions, sometimes within days.

Does this quote, for instance, sound like somebody who's about to sign 34-year-old Leon Balgoun?

"It's quite exciting. They lack a few grey hairs but how many Championship games do you have to play to be classed as ‘experienced’? Jimmy Dunne played 40 games last year. Does he need 40 more to know how to play in the Championship, or does he know now? If I bring somebody, another Yoann, in to hold his hand and Rob’s hand, yeh we’ve got experience, but when do I let these kids grow up? As a father when do you let go of your kid’s hand to allow them to grow up with a bit of independence. That’s what I’m emphasising to the players."

Does this quote sound like a man who's about to sign Tyler Roberts, Taylor Richards, Ethan Laird and Tim Iroegbunam? At least two of whom we have absolutely zero chance of ever signing permanently...

My preference is to do permanents and not loans. If I can avoid loans I will. For our club, where we are, we need players who want to be at QPR, not escape in 15 games time because the water’s a bit hot and the heat is too much for them in the Championship. I want people who want to be here to grow.

Clive, when you did the online interview with Beale in the summer I asked what you thought of him as a person and you indicated that the jury was out at least until you managed to meet him face to face. There was something about him that worried me and it sounds daft but there was that Twitter photo/video after the Boro match where a couple of Rangers fans happened upon him at Borough Market, with his pint of lager in hand. Now I know we all merit a social life and all that but there is something about the guy that I don’t trust. I liked some of his post match comments and the ‘football boffin’ comes to mind but to me he seems the type that will take as much as he can now just in case it all goes pop. Personally I’d let him move on, LF’s comments reported in the Daily Record earlier this week said everything to me, that he is well and truly fed up with Beale. And personally I think it was bang out of order that Beale was attending a G Rangers match. Ultimately the last five games shows that he hasn’t changed much from the Warburton years and to be honest I’d rather have Warbs back than continue with Beale. Real shame we got rid of Eustace. Manager of the season so far in the Championship for me.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

bronkhurst gone on 10:56 - Nov 24 with 2913 viewstraininvain

Could argue that a playoff position with QPR would get him a Premiership job and that’s easier than winning the league with Rangers.

He was offered a Premiership job at Wolves after only a few months in charge of us. I think it’ll be more difficult to make that move if he’s at Rangers.
bronkhurst gone on 10:57 - Nov 24 with 2893 viewsRangersw12

bronkhurst gone on 10:59 - Nov 24 with 2860 viewsdaveB

Didn't work that way for Warbs despite getting to the top flight and winning a cup. Van Bronkhurst got to a Europa League final and won't walk into a prem job anytime soon either. Rogers was a bit different as he'd already done well in England before

I get career progression etc but sometimes you need to do the job in front of you. Easy to say I want to manage here and there and everywhere but you need to actually achieve something to make that happen. Willock is not going to get a premier league move unless he plays really well for us, Beale should be in the same boat.

Ultimatley if he goes now he's done no better than Warburton who is unlikely to get a premier league managers job anytime soon.

it's a shame as I like Beale, talks a good game and found his team exciting to watch but the same issues as under Warbs have not really been fixed and if he wants to go then off you go, we're a football club any manager should be proud to manage.
bronkhurst gone on 11:02 - Nov 24 with 2833 viewsNorthernr

bronkhurst gone on 10:49 - Nov 24 by DWQPR

Clive, when you did the online interview with Beale in the summer I asked what you thought of him as a person and you indicated that the jury was out at least until you managed to meet him face to face. There was something about him that worried me and it sounds daft but there was that Twitter photo/video after the Boro match where a couple of Rangers fans happened upon him at Borough Market, with his pint of lager in hand. Now I know we all merit a social life and all that but there is something about the guy that I don’t trust. I liked some of his post match comments and the ‘football boffin’ comes to mind but to me he seems the type that will take as much as he can now just in case it all goes pop. Personally I’d let him move on, LF’s comments reported in the Daily Record earlier this week said everything to me, that he is well and truly fed up with Beale. And personally I think it was bang out of order that Beale was attending a G Rangers match. Ultimately the last five games shows that he hasn’t changed much from the Warburton years and to be honest I’d rather have Warbs back than continue with Beale. Real shame we got rid of Eustace. Manager of the season so far in the Championship for me.

I have met him since then and, well, I guess you'll get to read what I think in the departure piece I'm going to be writing today. I think whether you like him or not, rate him or not, it's pretty clear he's a bit of a bullshtter.
bronkhurst gone on 11:03 - Nov 24 with 2820 viewsPhildo

I think the relatively calm way this thread has progressed suggests a quiet resignation on the part of most of us just to have this over with now. Get the next appointment right and it could be an exciting second half of the season as our formation had been found out a bit IMO.

(suppresses thoughts of fk off you pot bellied Bromley/ch@lsea cnt and take your malapropisms with you).
[Post edited 24 Nov 2022 11:04]
Login to get fewer ads

bronkhurst gone on 11:04 - Nov 24 with 2801 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Rangers fans are always going to have the same niggling doubt that lads who cheat on their missus have when they leave their wife / girlfriend and move in with the new one.
bronkhurst gone on 11:04 - Nov 24 with 2798 viewsNorthernr

bronkhurst gone on 11:03 - Nov 24 by Phildo

I think the relatively calm way this thread has progressed suggests a quiet resignation on the part of most of us just to have this over with now. Get the next appointment right and it could be an exciting second half of the season as our formation had been found out a bit IMO.

(suppresses thoughts of fk off you pot bellied Bromley/ch@lsea cnt and take your malapropisms with you).
[Post edited 24 Nov 2022 11:04]

also last time this happened we were flying, now we've got one point and one goal in 5 games.
bronkhurst gone on 11:05 - Nov 24 with 2781 viewsrrrspricey

Fair point Clive but it's one thing to go back on your preferences for the make- up of the squad and an entirely different one to state your own moral compass in the press then a month later do the complete opposite. Would make himself look like a rather large cʋnt.
bronkhurst gone on 11:09 - Nov 24 with 2750 viewsNorthernr

bronkhurst gone on 11:05 - Nov 24 by rrrspricey

Fair point Clive but it's one thing to go back on your preferences for the make- up of the squad and an entirely different one to state your own moral compass in the press then a month later do the complete opposite. Would make himself look like a rather large cʋnt.

Sorry, I was referring to the comment about how calm this thread is. I think we were all gutted last time, and now perhaps less so.
bronkhurst gone on 11:10 - Nov 24 with 2723 viewsHayesender

bronkhurst gone on 11:09 - Nov 24 by Northernr

Sorry, I was referring to the comment about how calm this thread is. I think we were all gutted last time, and now perhaps less so.

I think we're all just fed up with the "noises" around him

Poll: Shamima Beghum

bronkhurst gone on 11:10 - Nov 24 with 2717 viewsdmm

The worst of all outcomes could be that Beale stays. It appears true he's been heavily flirting with the Gers so, coupled with the Wolves job, it's pretty clear he's not committed to QPR. As Ferdinand has said, he, and we the supporters, only want people who want to be at QPR.

So if, for whatever reason, Beale remains at QPR, things could turn toxic between him, the board and supporters, but I assume we'd be stuck with him. Sacking him would be costly given he's got 2.5 years of his contract to go. And, as has been said, what about the effect all this will have on the players?
bronkhurst gone on 11:11 - Nov 24 with 2706 viewsPhildo

bronkhurst gone on 11:09 - Nov 24 by Northernr

Not the messiah just a very naughty boy
bronkhurst gone on 11:14 - Nov 24 with 2657 viewsNorthernr

bronkhurst gone on 11:10 - Nov 24 by Hayesender

I think we're all just fed up with the "noises" around him

You and me both mate.

I think he'll look back on this later in his career and wince at how he's handled it all.

Also wouldn't put me in a rush to appoint him as my manager in future if I was another club looking at this.
bronkhurst gone on 11:14 - Nov 24 with 2643 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

By the way, who remembers when Rangers were burning Gerrard effigies and calling him a mercenary?

Tables have turned eh.
bronkhurst gone on 11:15 - Nov 24 with 2635 viewsWegerles_Stairs

As a Celtic fan, every single defeat they suffer will be all the sweeter. Really struck by his arrogance - we've got less than 1.5 points a game this season and this guy acts like he's Trapattoni.
bronkhurst gone on 11:16 - Nov 24 with 2633 viewsToast_R

When was the last time we picked up someone for free and got £1.5m for them within 6 months?

On one hand I think he's a bit of a sod but on the other, he's only another couple of losses away from QPR fans turning on him anyway so let's not get too precious about it I guess.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2022 11:18]
bronkhurst gone on 11:17 - Nov 24 with 2614 viewsBuckR

bronkhurst gone on 11:16 - Nov 24 by Toast_R

When was the last time we picked up someone for free and got £1.5m for them within 6 months?

On one hand I think he's a bit of a sod but on the other, he's only another couple of losses away from QPR fans turning on him anyway so let's not get too precious about it I guess.

Wasnt free though as we had to pay Villa compensation, albeit not £1.5m
bronkhurst gone on 11:19 - Nov 24 with 2590 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

bronkhurst gone on 11:16 - Nov 24 by Toast_R

£1.5m is about the same as our monthly loss isn’t it? Plus new manager might need to be paid for.
bronkhurst gone on 11:22 - Nov 24 with 2557 viewsozexile

Don't care if he goes I just care that the next managers gets in that big ugly horrible defensive midfielder we've been crying out for for 5 years.
bronkhurst gone on 11:25 - Nov 24 with 2506 viewsRBlock

bronkhurst gone on 11:22 - Nov 24 by ozexile

Don't care if he goes I just care that the next managers gets in that big ugly horrible defensive midfielder we've been crying out for for 5 years.

We've got a young, well-spoken and polite defensive midfielder who is one of the best in the league in his position. If Sam Field was a skinhead Scotsman with tattoos who shouted a bit more, we'd be set.
bronkhurst gone on 11:25 - Nov 24 with 2504 viewsbenhurst

bronkhurst gone on 10:18 - Nov 24 by Northernr

Critchley was close in the summer. His buy out at Blackpool was an issue, and Beale aced the interview, otherwise I think he'd have got it then. Wouldn't be surprised to just see us resurrect that - quick, clean, cheap appointment of a guy they wanted anyway.
But that's why this needs resolving quickly.

Honestly, this makes me a lot more relaxed about Beale leaving if we can get Critchley in quickly - the club was quick to point to the extensive data-backed process that resulted in Beale joining, so Critchley also being backed by the same process (and without a buyout this time) makes me optimistic that we can still do something this season. If we're able to spend that 1.5 mil in January, even better.
bronkhurst gone on 11:30 - Nov 24 with 2444 viewstraininvain

bronkhurst gone on 11:25 - Nov 24 by RBlock

We've got a young, well-spoken and polite defensive midfielder who is one of the best in the league in his position. If Sam Field was a skinhead Scotsman with tattoos who shouted a bit more, we'd be set.

I was going to say something similar. I’m not sure a Sam Field replacement is out top priority.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024