Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Graham Potter 15:18 - May 22 with 123901 viewsHuw57

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Graham Potter on 11:54 - Jun 2 with 4255 viewsWingstandwood

Now I predicted this earlier this week!
Todays South Wales Evening Post back page headline (Saturday 2nd June)
Headline : "Delay In Swans' Potter Pursuit"

Quote: "GIVEN THE DELAY IN POTTERS ARRIVAL, THE CLUB ARE NOT RULING OUT THE POSSIBILITY OF FURTHER TRANSFER ACTIVITY BEFORE HIS APPOINTMENT"

So there you have it folks i.e. the 'same-old-farce' looks set to continue i.e. zero change on recruitment, zero revamp/reform to recruitment, that Trojan-horse impostor Jenkins still here. A case of.... Don't learn from horrendous past mistakes, let the lunatics continue to run the asylum and delay things so that when Potter does eventually arrive the transfer budget will have been spent!

Argus!

Graham Potter on 11:59 - Jun 2 with 4227 viewsThornburyswan

Graham Potter on 11:54 - Jun 2 by Wingstandwood

Quote: "GIVEN THE DELAY IN POTTERS ARRIVAL, THE CLUB ARE NOT RULING OUT THE POSSIBILITY OF FURTHER TRANSFER ACTIVITY BEFORE HIS APPOINTMENT"

So there you have it folks i.e. the 'same-old-farce' looks set to continue i.e. zero change on recruitment, zero revamp/reform to recruitment, that Trojan-horse impostor Jenkins still here. A case of.... Don't learn from horrendous past mistakes, let the lunatics continue to run the asylum and delay things so that when Potter does eventually arrive the transfer budget will have been spent!

I can live with outbound transfers as we clearly need a decent clear out & suspect Potter will have little say in exits, just hoping he'll have input into the buys!
Graham Potter on 12:08 - Jun 2 with 4173 viewsswan65split

I like the thought of decent players signing for a relegated Club who have no Manager.....
Graham Potter on 12:09 - Jun 2 with 4174 viewsthornabyswan

Graham Potter on 11:59 - Jun 2 by Thornburyswan

I can live with outbound transfers as we clearly need a decent clear out & suspect Potter will have little say in exits, just hoping he'll have input into the buys!

I am surprised the compensation figure has not been leaked.
Within a couple of days it was announced Stoke had to pay Derby 1.8m for Rowett.
When Martinez and Brenda were going the compensation figures were well known as well.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Graham Potter on 12:10 - Jun 2 with 4168 viewsmagicdaps10

If it is true that all things have been wrapped up and all that is being discussed is the compensation packages, dont rule out that Potter does not already have his feet under the desk and talk of outgoings and incomings are being passed through him.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Graham Potter on 12:21 - Jun 2 with 4122 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Incoming transfers would be a concern but outgoing transfers (which probably need to happen first) would not.

The sooner those that are leaving leave, the sooner the new manager will know what budget he is working with.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Graham Potter on 12:21 - Jun 2 with 4121 viewsGlyn1

Graham Potter on 13:15 - May 31 by pencoedjack

We won't be favourites for long .....

Realistically I'd put us about 8th to 10th in the championship.

Why not start a poll? I agree btw.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Graham Potter on 12:37 - Jun 2 with 4056 viewsairedale

Graham Potter on 12:21 - Jun 2 by Joe_bradshaw

Incoming transfers would be a concern but outgoing transfers (which probably need to happen first) would not.

The sooner those that are leaving leave, the sooner the new manager will know what budget he is working with.

Budget? My understanding is that the ‘manager’ is quite a junior position within the organisation. Responsible for working within the playing staff and team selection. Wouldn’t have thought he’d be responsible for any hiring and firing or money.
Login to get fewer ads

Graham Potter on 12:43 - Jun 2 with 4031 viewsBadlands

Graham Potter on 12:09 - Jun 2 by thornabyswan

I am surprised the compensation figure has not been leaked.
Within a couple of days it was announced Stoke had to pay Derby 1.8m for Rowett.
When Martinez and Brenda were going the compensation figures were well known as well.

We are more professional :-)
The deal hasn't been finalised because Östersund are trying to get us to take Kyle Macaulay and pay.
Apparently we wan to keep our own scouts.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Graham Potter on 12:54 - Jun 2 with 3990 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Graham Potter on 12:37 - Jun 2 by airedale

Budget? My understanding is that the ‘manager’ is quite a junior position within the organisation. Responsible for working within the playing staff and team selection. Wouldn’t have thought he’d be responsible for any hiring and firing or money.

We are told that the new post of Technical Director will oversee recruitment. If the manager has no say whatsoever in that and isn’t working closely with the TD on football philosophy and the recruitment of players to implement that philosophy then I would expect any self respecting manager to steer well clear.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Graham Potter on 12:55 - Jun 2 with 3984 viewsHighjack

Graham Potter on 12:43 - Jun 2 by Badlands

The deal hasn't been finalised because Östersund are trying to get us to take Kyle Macaulay and pay.

We have scouts?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Graham Potter on 12:59 - Jun 2 with 3950 viewsgiantstoneater

Tick fecking Tock !!!
Graham Potter on 13:01 - Jun 2 with 3937 viewsWhiterockin

Graham Potter on 12:55 - Jun 2 by Highjack

We have scouts?

Yes crap one's, who haven't been able to find a decent player for years, unless of course they have and been overruled by HJ.
Graham Potter on 13:38 - Jun 2 with 3822 viewsJonathans_coat

Graham Potter on 12:43 - Jun 2 by Badlands

“We want to keep our own scouts”

Graham Potter on 13:58 - Jun 2 with 3721 viewsjack247

Graham Potter on 10:35 - Jun 2 by thornabyswan

18 pages in 2 weeks is not a lot really would have been 50 if it was Laudrup for instance.
Shows apathy twoards the appointment I think.

You’re probably right. Tommy Robinson has just as many pages in his thread and that one started later.
Graham Potter on 14:03 - Jun 2 with 3704 viewsJonathans_coat

Graham Potter on 13:58 - Jun 2 by jack247

You’re probably right. Tommy Robinson has just as many pages in his thread and that one started later.

Can’t believe anyone gives a s**t about that irrelevant, attention seeking little scrote
Graham Potter on 15:02 - Jun 2 with 3540 viewsHuw57

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Graham Potter on 15:30 - Jun 2 with 3399 viewsDr_Winston

Graham Potter on 15:02 - Jun 2 by Huw57

Be naive to think Huw isn't already targeting them too.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Graham Potter on 16:11 - Jun 2 with 3251 viewsmax936

Graham Potter on 12:21 - Jun 2 by Joe_bradshaw

This 100%

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Graham Potter on 16:45 - Jun 2 with 3121 viewsWingstandwood

Graham Potter on 11:49 - Jun 2 by ymaohyd

It amazes me how the fu ck we got to the PL and remained there for 7 seasons!

Credit where it's due, some superb appointments (Martinez, Rodgers, Laudrup), iconic players signed along the way with varying degrees of longevity, ability, iconic status...Leon, Trundle, Michu, Monk, Tatey.

Off the pitch it just gets worse and worse. Why haven't lessons been learnt? Why hasn't a structure been put in place to allow the club to stabilise and function like most reasonably well clubs do ?

Changing manager then no plan, with no one apparently being approached (when Monk was sacked, Clement, Guidolin). Going through a ridiculously long recruitment process. Hiring Bradley, probably on the recommendation of Landon Donovan.

Allowing the takeover to completely affect player signings, Joe Allen the main example. Yes I know Stoke went down, but Joe Allen playing for Stoke!? He would, in my opinion have been a huge signing for us.

Then losing one of the most gifted and influential players in our history in Gylfi, spending all summer haggling then completely failing to replace him. Signing players with absolutely no thought as to our playing style...Andre Ayew.

Hey ho... still love the club, they will have now finally learnt lessons blah blah blah.

Summer 2018.. Everton manager sorted, Stoke likewise, West Brom yes, Arsenal, etc etc etc.

Swansea City, the club, probably facing a bigger rebuilding job in the entire football pyramid still dicking around over compo...allegedly!

I just hold my head in my hands, we are clueless , utterly clueless off the field.

Mistake after mistake after mistake, yet still we don't learn.

Anyone who thinks the club is going to return into the Premier League with an immediate bounce back is well and truly deluded.

There is gonna have to be major change with many players leaving and many replacements coming in. We're not talking about two or three players we're talking about half a bloody first team number at the bare minimum. It's going take a while for new players to bed in and for a new system/playing style to be familiarised with. And the club/team is going into a league as new-boys whereupon many other teams know the 'lay-of the-land' of The Championship Divison.

So far, after witnessing the last relegation from the top flight during the 1980's, it would be no surprise if the a Premier League badged SCFC will not be seen in many a supporters lifetime. There are too many, Trojan-horse impostors, clowns, parasites and incompetents poisoning the club's future now. Plus there is no money!

Argus!

Graham Potter on 17:00 - Jun 2 with 3057 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Graham Potter on 16:45 - Jun 2 by Wingstandwood

Anyone who thinks the club is going to return into the Premier League with an immediate bounce back is well and truly deluded.

There is gonna have to be major change with many players leaving and many replacements coming in. We're not talking about two or three players we're talking about half a bloody first team number at the bare minimum. It's going take a while for new players to bed in and for a new system/playing style to be familiarised with. And the club/team is going into a league as new-boys whereupon many other teams know the 'lay-of the-land' of The Championship Divison.

So far, after witnessing the last relegation from the top flight during the 1980's, it would be no surprise if the a Premier League badged SCFC will not be seen in many a supporters lifetime. There are too many, Trojan-horse impostors, clowns, parasites and incompetents poisoning the club's future now. Plus there is no money!

Just about how I see it.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Graham Potter on 18:01 - Jun 2 with 2916 viewsWingstandwood

Graham Potter on 17:00 - Jun 2 by JACKMANANDBOY

Just about how I see it.

Yep, it'll be a case of money being redirected to pay that overdraught/debt thingy that Dineen was on about on Swansea Sound last week. There's Summer wages to pay also... He also said players would be sold to avoid off-the-field-of-play redundancies, so thats money that is not going in its full entirety to be solely directed for new signings also. And the Yanks ain't gonna put one single penny of their own money into the club to finance new signings. So it is going to be sell to buy cheap as possible in a cost cutting environment/rebudgetting drive.

If the same comedy of catastrophic errors continues just like it did (and was not learned from previously) during the last few years? It'll be a disastrous scenario of vital time and momentum lost because of yet more scandalous money wastage.

The more the parachute payment(s) get wasted/guzzled within the first year or two? The much lesser chance the club will have of being promoted. Jenkins and Co have only one chance to get this right! The aforementioned circumstances and w@nkers in charge are well and truly conspiring against and poisoning SCFC's future prospects.

Argus!

Graham Potter on 18:32 - Jun 2 with 2810 viewsSmellyplumz

Told today that the whole business is being taken back stateside and hence the silence, not even big nose knows what's going on. Doesn't bode well and if they where serious about going straight back up then they would keep the core of the team and add to it, ain't going to happen though.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Graham Potter on 19:22 - Jun 2 with 2677 viewsbonymine

Graham Potter on 16:45 - Jun 2 by Wingstandwood

Couldn’t have put it better myself...I remember 1985 and the dark years just hope we don’t sink that far this time but we are owned by Hedge Fund Yanks who will asset strip to yield a return to their consortium ......not looking good IMHO.

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Graham Potter on 19:25 - Jun 2 with 2665 viewsFireboy2

Graham Potter on 17:00 - Jun 2 by JACKMANANDBOY

Just about how I see it.

And me

I feared the worse when the sellouts sold out to the yanks

And our relegation from the PL could kickstart another bad period for the club and fans

We will see their intentions in the next couple of months
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024