Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Champ TV deal 09:16 - Jul 6 with 11781 viewsNorthernr

Sky will show 228 live matches from 2019/20 - currently 112. Means they'll have to switch five or six games every weekend.
New Champ TV deal on 11:00 - Jul 11 with 1022 viewsPhildo

Sky announced the new model for sports yesterday whereby you subscribe to a sport eg football channels £18, all sports £26 I think. This may in my opinion accelerate their decline as people like me may chuck it in now as you can get a now tv pass for anything you really want. You can see that they think they will arrest this decline if there are simply a lot more live games- but i am not sure they are right. The future will be a subscription to your own clubs games and I am not sure why football will need sky as a middle man much longer.

Murdoch has lost his touch in my opinion as he is trying to buy it out just as its business model is coming to an end- a bit like when he spunked a billion on myspace.
New Champ TV deal on 11:47 - Jul 11 with 985 viewstoboboly

New Champ TV deal on 11:00 - Jul 11 by Phildo

Sky announced the new model for sports yesterday whereby you subscribe to a sport eg football channels £18, all sports £26 I think. This may in my opinion accelerate their decline as people like me may chuck it in now as you can get a now tv pass for anything you really want. You can see that they think they will arrest this decline if there are simply a lot more live games- but i am not sure they are right. The future will be a subscription to your own clubs games and I am not sure why football will need sky as a middle man much longer.

Murdoch has lost his touch in my opinion as he is trying to buy it out just as its business model is coming to an end- a bit like when he spunked a billion on myspace.

The MLB and NFL show how an organisation can launch and provide it's own streaming/subscription service.

Both offer every game (except for local market home games), you pay the governing bodies directly and they distribute the monies between the teams.

A little easier to do as there aren't different levels but the FA should do this and then big clubs can't break away. Would distribute money more evenly and lead to better competition at club level.

Also improves the product for the consumer.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024