Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion 08:07 - Jul 29 with 30432 viewssP7qupUf

This is edging closer apparently. If he goes he goes but...... what I cannot understand is how do we end up selling a quality and proven experienced player for that figure and in the same breath I find out that West Ham want £18 million for Reece Oxford, a kid who has played very little top quality football. Bit like Spurs wanting £8 million for Alex Pritchard. Views?
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 19:21 - Aug 5 with 2105 viewsskippyjack

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 19:09 - Aug 5 by Swansea93

So Llorente, Baston, Oliviera and Chadli as our summer signings?

Hopefully..

Llorente
Baston
Oliviera
ChadlI
Fer
Cork
Gylfi
Amat
VDH

all can head the ball.. maybe our set piece play will improve.. that's always been our achilles heel..

Shelvey
Paloschi
Eder
Gomis
Ayew
Williams
Gorre
Bartley
Grimes
Davies
Hedges
Vickers
King

all gone for 60+ million

Chadli - 15 million
Llorente - 5 million
Baston - 6 million
VDH - 1.5 million
Fer - 3.5 million
Oliviera - 500k loan fee + wages

31.5+ million

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 19:21 - Aug 5 with 2104 viewsjack247

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 19:12 - Aug 5 by AngelRangelQS

I'm guessing Llorente and Baston will be rotating/competing for the same position.

Baston is still young so working alongside someone like Llorente should be beneficial for him. I don't know if they're the same sort of player but Llorente is 6ft5 and Baston 6ft 3

If we can get Baston in on that basis, then great. I was expecting a lower quality back up. Superb if we have two decent strikers
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 19:24 - Aug 5 with 2058 viewsAngelRangelQS

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 19:18 - Aug 5 by PozuelosSideys

If there is and that is what is what was agreed, somebody needs shooting for their lack of foresight. We knew the tv deal was coming and we knew thered be a huge increase in transfer fees. Utter incompetence if £15m clause was inserted

I don't agree with this. We were competing with clubs for his signature last season and if inserting the clause for Ayew meant we got him then great.

At the end of the day if we have had him for a season, he's got 12 goals, kept us up and now we are going to get £15-£20m for him 12 months that's decent business in my book.
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 19:25 - Aug 5 with 2027 viewsSwansea93

Think Oliviera is being signed as a back up number 10/CAM?

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 19:27 - Aug 5 with 1998 viewspencoedjack

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 19:24 - Aug 5 by AngelRangelQS

I don't agree with this. We were competing with clubs for his signature last season and if inserting the clause for Ayew meant we got him then great.

At the end of the day if we have had him for a season, he's got 12 goals, kept us up and now we are going to get £15-£20m for him 12 months that's decent business in my book.

Excellent sensible post
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 19:34 - Aug 5 with 1946 viewsPozuelosSideys

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 19:24 - Aug 5 by AngelRangelQS

Its decent business, but hes undervalued in the current market at that price. WHU pick up a top 10 PL goalscorer for virtually the same price as Stoke paid for Joe Allen. £20m and i wouldnt moan, 15 i would tbh

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 19:40 - Aug 5 with 1912 viewshobo

£20m?! What on earth are we thinking??
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 19:45 - Aug 5 with 1876 viewspencoedjack

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 19:40 - Aug 5 by hobo

Read rangels post
Login to get fewer ads

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 19:45 - Aug 5 with 1875 viewsGriffting

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 19:40 - Aug 5 by hobo

Wales online reckon it's nearer 15 million. Madness if true.
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 19:48 - Aug 5 with 1850 viewsAngelRangelQS

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 19:34 - Aug 5 by PozuelosSideys

Its decent business, but hes undervalued in the current market at that price. WHU pick up a top 10 PL goalscorer for virtually the same price as Stoke paid for Joe Allen. £20m and i wouldnt moan, 15 i would tbh

I'm sure we haven't insisted on it. Clearly the only way we are going to get these players to play for us, other than paying (even more) extortionate wages is by agreeing to these clauses.

The alternative is presumably paying 20 grand a week extra and being stuck with them when they flop or missing out entirely.

I know it's disappointing to see players of far less ability going for a similar amount but making a huge profit after one good season is far from the disaster many make it out to be.
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 11:08 - Aug 7 with 1419 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

20 million for Ayew

15 million for Baston

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 11:34 - Aug 7 with 1359 viewstomdickharry

We haven't a clue what financial trimmings there are with the Ayew transfer,however,if we can get upwards of £20M for him then that money used wisely can secure a player who can make our team even stronger than last season.Don't see Baston as a replacement for Ayew,Chandli yes.
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 22:18 - Aug 8 with 1088 viewswhiterock

Go get Borja and Chadli Huw

Ash gone too
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 22:22 - Aug 8 with 1067 viewsItchySphincter

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 19:21 - Aug 5 by skippyjack

Hopefully..

Llorente
Baston
Oliviera
ChadlI
Fer
Cork
Gylfi
Amat
VDH

all can head the ball.. maybe our set piece play will improve.. that's always been our achilles heel..

Shelvey
Paloschi
Eder
Gomis
Ayew
Williams
Gorre
Bartley
Grimes
Davies
Hedges
Vickers
King

all gone for 60+ million

Chadli - 15 million
Llorente - 5 million
Baston - 6 million
VDH - 1.5 million
Fer - 3.5 million
Oliviera - 500k loan fee + wages

31.5+ million

Good post.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 22:50 - Aug 8 with 904 viewsAngelRangelQS

Ayew was a good player for us but for one reason or another, I don't think that his reported wages represented value for money in the way that Gylfi does or probably even Williams for that matter.

I think he'd be excellent as a striker in a front two. I wouldn't rave about him anywhere else though.

West Ham have got a good player and we've got a good fee for someone who didn't quite fit in with us.

We need to be bringing in a striker now and a winger who can actually cross and shoot
Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 22:51 - Aug 8 with 890 viewsDarran

Ayew to West Ham for £16 miliion on 22:50 - Aug 8 by AngelRangelQS

Ayew was a good player for us but for one reason or another, I don't think that his reported wages represented value for money in the way that Gylfi does or probably even Williams for that matter.

I think he'd be excellent as a striker in a front two. I wouldn't rave about him anywhere else though.

West Ham have got a good player and we've got a good fee for someone who didn't quite fit in with us.

We need to be bringing in a striker now and a winger who can actually cross and shoot

Great post.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024