Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just got back 22:08 - Dec 16 with 2763 viewsColDale

A comfortable scoreline, which wasn't overly flattering I thought given the chances that we had on the night. Over the two games we edged it, with Aldershot only really having that ten minute spell at the end at their place.

Could have been all over in the first few mins as we piled on the pressure and unusually for us, we seemed to create more chances than our possession suggested we should have had. There was the odd positive glimpse by Aldershot but more often than not, they couldn't build on it.

Great finishing on the night, and the Hendo / Done partnership is in full swing. I'd be surprised if we've scored so many goals by this time of the season before, or at least not in a long, long time.

I think that was the most obvious penalty decision I've ever seen at the start of the second half. It was blocked pretty much on the line by the defender with his hands up. Nailed on penalty, but for the ref to simply wave play on was inexcusable.

Think the conditions worked against us in the second half. Football become difficult and the extra effort of Aldershot made the game a bit uneasy for a bit. I don't think you could claim that the goal was coming,but we'd lost the stranglehold on it.

Credit to the groundsman. You could tell from the sidelines just how much water had come down, but the pitch dealt with it incredibly well.
Just got back on 22:09 - Dec 16 with 2727 views442Dale

Their defence always looked susceptible to simple, incisive attacking, and so it proved in the end. However for a good proportion of the second half they did well and gradually came back ino the game and the equaliser was looking more likely by the minute. However with the front three we have there's always goals in us. 31 goals between them now, which is pretty remarkable when all three have missed games.

Has a goalkeeper's save ever hit the corner flag before?

#whiteshorts

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Just got back on 22:14 - Dec 16 with 2631 viewsPRINCE2356

To add to the silly refereeing, the penalty aldershot should have had at the end when logan literally tripped their man up. Straight red anyday but thankfully we had hopeless ref of the year.
Just got back on 22:14 - Dec 16 with 2621 viewsrobbowood

great match report

on the live BBC Surrey commentary (which like the first game really was excellent and totally unbiased and gave Dale loads of credit for the way they played) they said the referee didn't give the penalty as although it hit the defenrder's hands they were in front of his chest

whether this was the case only the video would prove one way or the other - but it's irrelevant
Just got back on 22:23 - Dec 16 with 2490 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Just got back on 22:14 - Dec 16 by robbowood

great match report

on the live BBC Surrey commentary (which like the first game really was excellent and totally unbiased and gave Dale loads of credit for the way they played) they said the referee didn't give the penalty as although it hit the defenrder's hands they were in front of his chest

whether this was the case only the video would prove one way or the other - but it's irrelevant

Yes, the BBC Surrey boys were excellent and gave us plenty of praise for our fast attacking play which proved too much for Shots

Interviewing fans afterwards.......5/6 hour journey home.....got to feel sorry for them in this shitty weather!
Just got back on 22:24 - Dec 16 with 2484 viewsoddjob007

Also listened to Radio Surrey and thought they were completely unbiased and complimentary towards us, not so towards their own team!

Spoke to my dad and he said the opposite, having been to the game. Strange this football.
Just got back on 22:27 - Dec 16 with 2425 viewsdingdangblue

Just got back on 22:14 - Dec 16 by PRINCE2356

To add to the silly refereeing, the penalty aldershot should have had at the end when logan literally tripped their man up. Straight red anyday but thankfully we had hopeless ref of the year.

Apart from the fact Logan didn't touch their guy?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Just got back on 22:37 - Dec 16 with 2312 viewsmacro

I was watching a different game for 70 mins Aldershot had more heart more passion and particularly at the start of the second half were the better team.

In the end the class told but our passing was poor, set pieces atrocious but done a class act and the difference.
Just got back on 22:39 - Dec 16 with 2291 viewsTalkingSutty

Just got back on 22:09 - Dec 16 by 442Dale

Their defence always looked susceptible to simple, incisive attacking, and so it proved in the end. However for a good proportion of the second half they did well and gradually came back ino the game and the equaliser was looking more likely by the minute. However with the front three we have there's always goals in us. 31 goals between them now, which is pretty remarkable when all three have missed games.

Has a goalkeeper's save ever hit the corner flag before?

#whiteshorts

I thought it was a ok performance against a pretty poor team. We played well in patches and sloppily in others. Second half I thought we were guilty of thinking the game was won at 1-0 and disagree with Col when he said you couldn't see Aldershot getting back into it,the goal had been coming and the lad had a free header. Good response afterwards though.

I think Hilly will be happy with the result but wouldn't be surprised if he was also pretty angry at how we let them back into the game. A mish mash performance I thought,but four good goals.
Login to get fewer ads

Just got back on 22:40 - Dec 16 with 2256 viewsMoonyDale

Just got back on 22:39 - Dec 16 by TalkingSutty

I thought it was a ok performance against a pretty poor team. We played well in patches and sloppily in others. Second half I thought we were guilty of thinking the game was won at 1-0 and disagree with Col when he said you couldn't see Aldershot getting back into it,the goal had been coming and the lad had a free header. Good response afterwards though.

I think Hilly will be happy with the result but wouldn't be surprised if he was also pretty angry at how we let them back into the game. A mish mash performance I thought,but four good goals.

Pretty much how I saw the game also, scoreline flattered us slightly.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Just got back on 22:52 - Dec 16 with 2118 viewsnordenblue

Just got back on 22:14 - Dec 16 by robbowood

great match report

Whys the defenders hands up so high anyway, you'd get away with a striker blasting a ball at your arm whilst by your side but the clearest pen you'll ever see.
On a par for what was an absolutely woefully incompetent ref for most the game
Just got back on 23:06 - Dec 16 with 2004 viewsMoonyDale

Just got back on 22:52 - Dec 16 by nordenblue

Whys the defenders hands up so high anyway, you'd get away with a striker blasting a ball at your arm whilst by your side but the clearest pen you'll ever see.
On a par for what was an absolutely woefully incompetent ref for most the game

Absolutely nailed on penalty, couldn't believe he waived it away.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Just got back on 23:12 - Dec 16 with 1939 viewsBobbyjoe

Just got back on 23:06 - Dec 16 by MoonyDale

Absolutely nailed on penalty, couldn't believe he waived it away.

Nailed on penalty and sending-off. Ref bottled it. Nailed on penalty for them, but no sending off (pushed it too wide). Ref was completely random all evening; never knew what he was going to give, or why. Fortunately it didn't matter in the end.
Just got back on 23:24 - Dec 16 with 1853 viewsnordenblue

Just got back on 23:12 - Dec 16 by Bobbyjoe

Nailed on penalty and sending-off. Ref bottled it. Nailed on penalty for them, but no sending off (pushed it too wide). Ref was completely random all evening; never knew what he was going to give, or why. Fortunately it didn't matter in the end.

His "grasp" of the advantage rule was staggering at times, and generally stopped play when there would have been an advantage had he let play develop
Just got back on 23:53 - Dec 16 with 1697 viewsdingdangblue

Just got back on 23:24 - Dec 16 by nordenblue

His "grasp" of the advantage rule was staggering at times, and generally stopped play when there would have been an advantage had he let play develop

As was his timekeeping! 1min and 2minutes of stoppage time?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Just got back on 23:56 - Dec 16 with 1671 viewsDaley_Lama

The Dale penalty claim from the TDS looked like ball to hand from 100 yards away (my eyes only)

The Aldershot penalty claim from the TDS looked like a dive. a different ref, it's a red card and penalty at 4-1 in the 90th minute and Logan misses however many games.

Well played Aldershot, even first half, we scored ours, their 1v1 went wide.

Even more in the second half, they deserved the equaliser for me. The natives were restless. Tiredness, head-dropping, class or a combination of the lot, for me the scoreline flattered us.

If Hilly has his radar on, their left-back might in scope, had a cracking game both defensively and offensively.

Poll: DF in or out

Just got back on 00:00 - Dec 17 with 1660 viewsmacro

I might have been imagining things but wasn't an offside given from a throw in late first half which I didn't think was in the rules.
Just got back on 00:32 - Dec 17 with 1567 viewsSandyman

Ref was well off the pace. Us not getting a penalty for handball early in 2nd half was beyond belief, and an offside the liner gave some minutes after against us was as slow as I've ever seen - when Done was through on goal he flagged. Not saying the BBC weren't getting their "shock, non-league, upset, non-league, shock" quota in for the night and instructing refs accordingly but it bloody looked like it!!

All in all, a functional result. The fact that Andrew skinned one of their full backs late on showed how behind us in quality they are.

Fair play to their travelling fans for making the effort and who made a decent noise on what was a long damp trip on a Tuesday in December. Safe journey home to them all.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2014 6:22]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024